THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 09:12
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 53   Go Down

Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 651298 times)

Lines

• Awakened
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #1450 on: 28 Aug 2009, 22:49 »

Made an undead rogue named Lilliane on Forgotten Coast.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #1451 on: 29 Aug 2009, 14:18 »

I'll be on to quest with you guys after the weekend. I'm spendin' time with the lady.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1452 on: 29 Aug 2009, 18:06 »

Sorry Jens. :( I'd play with you if the silly servers would let me.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1453 on: 30 Aug 2009, 15:09 »

I'd consider rolling an alt on The Forgotten Coast if Tauren could be prot pallies.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #1454 on: 30 Aug 2009, 15:15 »

They could be...in a year.
JON MADE ME GAY

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1455 on: 30 Aug 2009, 15:17 »

Yeah. If it weren't for that I'd actually consider sucking it up and just putting up with being a belf. Consecration is that good.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1456 on: 30 Aug 2009, 15:48 »

I was going to make a paladin on TGF, but I freaking hate how female blood elves look. They look wimpy and like a good gust of wind would knock them over, which is not a good look to have when you are a holy meat shield. Pansy race...

Also, I am getting sick of how shitty my gear is. Also I'm getting tired of people not knowing what they're doing when they are level 80. Granted I just now got there, but I've been playing for a few years now and kind of have the gist of the game. It's really not that hard. Also I don't think it should be that hard to pay attention when you're tanking. I used to do it, you kind of need to pay attention unless you feel like letting everyone die and jumping on their corpses and laughing. (I have a friend who's a resto shaman that does that when people are stupid and piss him off. It's quite funny to watch, actually.) Anyhoo. I'm just annoyed that I have been trying to run heroics to improve my gear so I am not 4th on the damage meter and it just isn't going well because I keep getting stuck with tanks who don't have a clue and don't take directions well.

Blah blah blah, I like this game, but I hate sooo many of the other players. I miss having a well rounded guild. :(
« Last Edit: 30 Aug 2009, 15:52 by Linds »

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1457 on: 30 Aug 2009, 16:11 »

What bums me out is when the shitty tank doesn't even know how to pull correctly. The worst part is that I end up spending all run boot strapping these idiots into something resembling competence and then get to hear everyone praising the guy lavishly at the end. I guess most puggers didn't get the memo.

I don't even want to really go into how much Evasion tanking I get stuck doing. Thank god I have 35%+ dodge.

Anyway, that's kind of why I wanted to make a pally tank. I don't really want to be more than a part time tanker and Consecration face rolling is really about all you need to handle a 5 man OK.
« Last Edit: 30 Aug 2009, 16:18 by Alex C »

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1458 on: 30 Aug 2009, 16:26 »

That is an awesome thing to have.

Well, I tried to run some heroics last night but Nexus didn't go anywhere because someone had to leave and the tank and healer were jerks. My damage was way low anyways, so I was like hey, might as well do the norms I haven't done yet and got invited to heal Culling, which I've wanted to do for a while because I like CoT instances. I knew nothing about it, but hey. Turns out they wanted to do heroic, I and one of the others said this was a bad idea, but the other three outvoted us and so we decided to try and the pally would help me heal. Well, our tank didn't have a clue what to do, even though there is an arrow on your mini map telling you where to go, and he and the pally weren't paying attention on the first boss, so of course we wiped. One guy left, I told them to change it to normal or get another healer, then another guy left and the group leader wanted to bring in a rogue and still run on heroic and I was all eff this crap, I'm going back to questing since tonight is obviously not the night to do heroics. I just want better gear so I can have the two friends that still play take me to Naxx and maybe even Ulduar!

I'm such a nerd.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1459 on: 30 Aug 2009, 17:16 »

I can't really put my love for Tricks of the Trade into words. You can be so stupidly aggressive with it and once the initial pull is over it basically becomes a flat damage buff with no real drawbacks OR an emergency threat dump. It's even better for fights with multiple add phases like the Halls of Stone gauntlet or Thorim's arena. Fan of Knives gets all the headlines but Tricks is quietly one of the best abilities in the game.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #1460 on: 30 Aug 2009, 17:22 »

I used to try Kitty DPS. I have since given that up in favor of healing the fuck out of people. Healing in Wintergrasp is so much god damn fun.
JON MADE ME GAY

clockworkjames

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Grammar Nazi vs Illiterate Jew
« Reply #1461 on: 30 Aug 2009, 18:38 »

Fan of Knives gets all the headlines but Tricks is quietly one of the best abilities in the game.
+1

"Tricks / MD me on pull please if you wanna go apeshit on dps"
still new here, didn't wanna piss anyone off

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1462 on: 30 Aug 2009, 20:14 »

So yeah. Did ToC 3 times in a row with a great group and got 7 new epic pieces. (2 are purely for healing.) Yesssssssss.

Skelley

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #1463 on: 31 Aug 2009, 04:53 »

I've come to hate leveling alt characters. I don't have any urge to get my priest past 70, my Death Knight past 68, I'd like to get my Hunter past 28 but then come the low thirties which are a pain in the ass.

clockworkjames

« Reply #1464 on: 31 Aug 2009, 15:00 »

Llewellian

• Furry furrier
  • Kraut ;o)
« Reply #1465 on: 01 Sep 2009, 07:59 »

Ah... european server ^^.

Well, stopped playing about two months ago.... waiting for the new update...

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alexstrasza&n=Mullemulle

9 out of 10 voices in my head tell me that i am not mad. The 10th hums the Tetris Tune.

clockworkjames

« Reply #1466 on: 01 Sep 2009, 09:00 »

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1467 on: 01 Sep 2009, 10:35 »

It amazes me that so many tanks haven't bothered to get the Black Heart yet. There's so few good tank trinkets in the game that the Black Heart and a Monarch Crab could last you a very, very long time and there's no reason a fresh 80 can't have either of them easily. It's crazy how itemization dependent trinkets really are though (I still use Grim Toll and the Darkmoon Card: Greatness), so maybe people just don't realize how good it is.

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #1468 on: 01 Sep 2009, 12:34 »

It's probably because running the fucking ren faire a billion times waiting for it to drop is too soul-crushingly horrible.
I would probably be getting laid right now if it weren't for the Jews

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1469 on: 01 Sep 2009, 12:53 »

Yeah, but we're talking about a game filled with masochists here, the sort of people that have 2 or 3 alts yet still think of themselves as "casuals."

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
  • Standing proudly behind unpopular opinions
« Reply #1470 on: 01 Sep 2009, 12:58 »

I have 3 alts and consider myself casual. I think the difference is a combination of time played, and extreme effort to understand ever facet of the game.

For instance, when it comes to gear, I go to the AH and look for something that is cheap and better. I dont look up online and say I want X mace and I will fuck Naxx up until I get it. Hell I dont even really get how Naxx, Uldular and maybe Caverns of Time work. I know I wandered into CoT after killing a dragon on the way in with much effort. But once I was in there it was like a little town. Is that how these places are? Like a huge where there are multiple instances that can be run? Or are these instances just soooo massive that you generally only take down a little at a time?
"In this zero sum game everything given to another, reduces me"

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #1471 on: 01 Sep 2009, 16:49 »

CoT has a whole bunch of normal 5man instances. The most recent one is CoT: The Culling of Stratholme which looks like a city when you're in there.
Quote from: Daniel on Gabbly
princy, this is the time to think with your vagina
Quote from: Iananan on Gabbly
nipples are deactivated at birth, to prevent misfires and accident

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1472 on: 01 Sep 2009, 17:14 »

Is that how these places are? Like a huge where there are multiple instances that can be run? Or are these instances just soooo massive that you generally only take down a little at a time?

A raid is just big instance, basically, although there's usually a couple of "wings" per raid zone these days. For example, Ulduar has 14 bosses and technically it's divided up into a few decent sized zones. Other than that the biggest difference is the number of people you need to have a chance at the encounters. I personally raid about 12-14 hours a week, which is admittedly a bit high, but I don't really do heroics or dailies anymore either, so it evens out.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1473 on: 01 Sep 2009, 19:27 »

CoT is one of the biggest entrance areas you will see in most places. I think Blackrock Mountain is another one of the big ones, but most just have a small area with a few different portals. (I have gotten lost in CoT and always get lost and fall in the lava in Blackrock. Always.) In CoT the only raid is Mt. Hyjal, the others (Durnholde, Black Morass, and Stratholme) are all 5 man.

From my brief experience with Culling, I quite liked it. I only ever ran Stratholme for the tiny chance of the Baron's mount but never really cared for the instance. Then again, it has to do a lot with the lore of the game, which is why I like the CoT instances.

Here's me! All the epics minus the pants are what I got at ToC. I bought the pants the same day because I was so fed up with my gear, but it was worth it. I'm already noticing improvement in both healing and dps.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #1474 on: 01 Sep 2009, 20:48 »

Fuck it, why not. Here's my Armory Page. Murphus!

Also glad you linked your profile. Just nabbed myself an Ember Skyflare Diamond at AH. That should work much better than my Starflare.
JON MADE ME GAY

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1475 on: 01 Sep 2009, 20:55 »

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #1476 on: 01 Sep 2009, 23:52 »

I would probably be getting laid right now if it weren't for the Jews

Skelley

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #1477 on: 02 Sep 2009, 04:04 »

Yakob

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #1478 on: 02 Sep 2009, 04:08 »

We doing the armory thing again? Alright.

My priest.

I've gotten significantly more geared since the last time I posted here. I definitely took advantage of the new emblems as much as I could.

philharmonic

• Furry furrier
« Reply #1479 on: 02 Sep 2009, 06:51 »

After reading someones rant on how awesome a rogue is vs hunter I've decided to start one. I've called him Kimurachun and he's on Echo Iles US. (Night elf) case anyone cares. So far I'm quite impressed on how cool sneaking around cloaked is. Can't wait to level up and see what else he can do.
*was getting tired of that slug*

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #1480 on: 02 Sep 2009, 08:54 »

nah man, roll horde on forgotten coast. all the cool kids are gathering there
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #1481 on: 02 Sep 2009, 09:41 »

Not that they're ever online!

Also, what's with all the fucking Alliance on here, huh?
JON MADE ME GAY

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1482 on: 02 Sep 2009, 10:46 »

Better racials, bigger player base. Don't have to be the lamest race in the game to play one of the best classes (Paladin).

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1483 on: 02 Sep 2009, 11:00 »

Whelp theres a MUCH larger Horde base on Jaedenar (or whatever its called). But also, alliance races are kind of weiners, I mean, in every game ever I played a human (or elf/midget(gnome or dwarf)). So to be the bad guy or monter type thing is fun.

Though my new alt is a Gnome Warlock, though I am a total softie and cant live for shit because it goes against my playstyle.

Though I truly wish I was a Troll and not an Orc Shammy

*edit*

And my char sheet for my Enhancement Shammy or, a call for help gearing me.
« Last Edit: 02 Sep 2009, 11:16 by Chesire Cat »

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1484 on: 02 Sep 2009, 11:50 »

Your gear is fine for leveling and you made a great choice by having slow weapons in each hand. I wouldn't worry too much about your gear yet since none of your choices look egregiously bad, which implies you at least have the basics of which stats you want down. Besides, draenor is a tricky place for shamans because they still used strength back then, which means that a lot of the quest rewards will kind of suck until you hit Northrend. Some underpowered bits of gear here and there is something you'll probably just have to live with if you're mostly relying on quest rewards and dungeon drops. Slapping on some rogue leathers here and there in place of strength gear would help, although I wouldn't go overboard since armor class is kinda nice to have for soloing.
« Last Edit: 02 Sep 2009, 11:56 by Alex C »

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1485 on: 02 Sep 2009, 12:28 »

I was going to roll a belf pally on forgotten coast today but sadly the name "Retcon" wasn't available.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1486 on: 02 Sep 2009, 12:52 »

Not that they're ever online!

I will play tonight perhaps! But I may or may not ditch the rogue for a death knight because of how much I hate leveling before lvl 35. But then again, maybe that's because early Alliance zones suck? (Especially for humans. Ugh. I want to punch Goldshire in the face.) I'll give it a shot at least.

Better racials, bigger player base. Don't have to be the lamest race in the game to play one of the best classes (Paladin).

I've decided I wouldn't hate belfs so much if they were built more like night elves but with different coloring. (Which technically I think they should. Weren't they originally all the same race?) They are just so puny looking. Especially the females.

Pengupower

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #1487 on: 02 Sep 2009, 13:27 »

If you really hate leveling in the early levels have you tried out the PvP in battlegrounds for experience?  I know that isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I know we have a few guildies that hated leveling alts that have started doing so due to that.

My death knight: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Pengu
My alt shaman: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=sayam

I just took the shaman out of retirement last night to help heal the normal 10 man ToC.  After only healing once since early Ulduar (brought it for 10 man knock,knock,knock on wood once) it takes a bit to get adjusted to healing again.  Was fun to do again after some of the rust shook off after a few attempts on the faction champions.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1488 on: 02 Sep 2009, 14:07 »

I'm not too good at pvp, but I do it for fun occasionally and do a ton of instances when leveling. It's just that even with my first characters, it was not nearly as much fun the first 30 or so levels as it is later on.

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1489 on: 02 Sep 2009, 14:27 »

Yeah it kind of dragged until 41ish, Improved Storm Strike was my turning point as at that point I didnt need to use Water Shield anymore so and had an additional dmg spell. Basically my offensive output skyrocketed and downtime became a myth. Also 30s in Stranglethorn SUCKED, I got picked on hard by higher level guys. Some guys even camped my corpse for kicks.

*edit*

Also, what I am really good at is the AH, and I just bought 5 Frozen Orbs for 2g total. They appear to go for about 40-50g each with a couple stacks available for around 35g apiece. Either way, so as to not be entirely greedy and because I have 18g Ill try for 35g bid and 40 buyout to move stock after all, 100x /ea profit isnt something to scoff at!
« Last Edit: 02 Sep 2009, 14:41 by Chesire Cat »

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1490 on: 02 Sep 2009, 15:28 »

I gave away 300ish gold and whatever stock of sellables I had when I went off the grid to pick Cherries, so this was an incredible boon for me. But largely my money always came from buying low and selling high. I got good at it during my Ragnarok Online days when I owned the market on a private server.

Skelley

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #1491 on: 02 Sep 2009, 15:48 »

The only issue I've ever had with PVP experience is that it's usually fairly low. 378 a cap in WSG in the 10-19 bracket? Bah. That's only about 1000 experience for three caps, which probably takes longer than your average quest.

Also, I have discovered it's tremendous fun to troll private servers.

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1492 on: 02 Sep 2009, 15:55 »

In an effort to elevate my status from casual I have mapped out the cost of getting a [Gnomish Flying Machine] at 628g which includes Journeyman and Expert riding (as I still am an Apprentice rider) and all supplies for the schematic itself, sadly I must also raise my Engineering another 86 pts to 300 which has an unknown cost (though the schematic trainer says you need 350 Engineering to buy it, it was supposedly lowered to 300 in 3.2). But if I grind my mining (238) at the same time it should be alright, though I need to grind in Kalim/Eastern Kingdoms to get my Mining high enough for the Outlands where I currently level.
« Last Edit: 03 Sep 2009, 12:58 by Chesire Cat »

kemon

• Furry furrier
  • seriously
« Reply #1493 on: 02 Sep 2009, 17:06 »

k, i finally got onto forgotten coast.   ud priest by the name of kemon.  yay for my name not being taken already.   course, i've only seen like 2 servers where my name is being used by someone else.   been wanting to play a priest horde side.

well, i was gonna put my armory links in here too, but armory is throwing errors instead of showing me pages.  maybe i'll try later.

oh, ps, everyone should '/join qc' so we can chat and stuff without having to set up a guild or anything.
« Last Edit: 02 Sep 2009, 17:21 by kemon »
biting's excellent.  it's like kissing, only there's a winner.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1494 on: 02 Sep 2009, 18:30 »

I only have 363 gold, although I probably have a few hundred gold worth of stuff laying around in my mailbox if I really wanted to scare up some cash.

Gold doesn't do me much good at this point anyway.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1495 on: 02 Sep 2009, 19:20 »

I have around...1700g? But I am saving it (not very well) for epic flight. I can't seem to get past 2000g though.

Aurjay

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #1496 on: 02 Sep 2009, 21:32 »

Ive been working on my resto druid for a long time. Only problem im having is I still rely way too much on my old PVP healing gear or Kara gear. Ive been running instances continually on LK but too be honest everything that drops still doesnt seem to be better than what I already have. Really just wanted to gripe but if anyone has any suggestions love to hear them.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Aurjay
Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open.

kemon

• Furry furrier
  • seriously
« Reply #1497 on: 03 Sep 2009, 00:17 »

70 purples last a ways into wotlk.  you should only start worrying if you're about to be 80 and still use 70 epics.
biting's excellent.  it's like kissing, only there's a winner.

Covetous

• Larger than most fish
  • Swedish Turnip
« Reply #1498 on: 03 Sep 2009, 01:49 »

My three 80's (yeah, I'm casual!). Anyone else playing on kazzak (eu)?
My Druid Main
My Paladin alt (main up until about ulduar)
My Priest alt (TBC main)
I was playing my protadin for most part of Wotlk but when my old guild resurected we need a healer and a druid so I switched main. Starting to get a grip on healing as tree. Yesterday we did ulduar with only two healers (For the most part) with great success. Most of the time I have to be top of the game to follow the shaman and priest (holy) in healing done. When we were only 2 however my hots got loads more time to tick and I was miles ahead on most bosses. I had like 70% of overall healing done on ignis.

Fun thing with my priest a few weeks back was when I did a naxx25 pug and I won the quest from saphiron and a mage bought it from me for 2k. Brought me up ower 5k all in all. Boring thing is all my characters allready have epci mounts so don't really have anything good to do with the money.

It feels to me that all classes have gotten a boost in leveling around 30. Downtime seems to be a thing of the past.
Creationists make it sound as though a "theory" is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night.
-Isaac Asimov

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #1499 on: 03 Sep 2009, 04:21 »

My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 53   Go Up