THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 02:04
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 53   Go Down

Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 651048 times)

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #1650 on: 03 Oct 2009, 18:31 »

But it works, we got Glory of the Ulduar Raider and 4/5 in H ToC10 so far. I think one of the keys to successful 10 manning is versatility. It's nice to have a bunch of people who can do a lot of different stuff, depending on circumstances.

I really wish my guild bothered with 10 mans more often. We did Uld10 hard modes a few times to scare up some mjolnir runestones, but other than that we can't be bothered.

We just really dislike 25 mans. Too much administrative bullshit, and having to deal with bad players who we don't really like to begin with in order to do anything. It feels more like work and less like a game, so we just run 10s.
I would probably be getting laid right now if it weren't for the Jews

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #1651 on: 05 Oct 2009, 17:25 »

I understand the whole idea of how if you play on a PVP server you should expect to get ganked, but man, if you're going to gank someone, don't turn around and cry when they log their eighty and tear the shit out of you. Really now, one would think the result of ganking someone wearing heirloom gear would be obvious.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

wargrafix

• Furry furrier
  • Faydora and Fayven, its so hard to choose!
« Reply #1652 on: 05 Oct 2009, 19:33 »

gah, this WoW of confusing. the crafting jobs are really confusing.
Help bring back the dragons!

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1653 on: 05 Oct 2009, 19:53 »

I understand the whole idea of how if you play on a PVP server you should expect to get ganked, but man, if you're going to gank someone, don't turn around and cry when they log their eighty and tear the shit out of you. Really now, one would think the result of ganking someone wearing heirloom gear would be obvious.

I miss being on a pvp server now that I'm crazy geared again. Unless they're wearing quality arena gear I can chew through a health bar REAL fast.
« Last Edit: 07 Oct 2009, 17:36 by Alex C »
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #1654 on: 08 Oct 2009, 00:17 »

gah, this WoW of confusing. the crafting jobs are really confusing.

THAT'S what you find confusing?

I read this whole thread and because of this I'm not sure I'm even playing the same game as some of the other people in here.
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1655 on: 08 Oct 2009, 06:04 »

Crafting professions are confusing? How? Usually you pick a gathering prof. to either provide supplies or make money and then a crafting job that uses those things you gather, i.e. skinning and leatherworking. And then you sell stuff. Or you can pick two gathering prof.s and sell all of that. Really, your goal is to level up the crafting one and make a bunch of stuff that's in demand on your server. Like I've been selling a lot of titanium bars to make money because I can transmute them and once I finish leveling up my alch, I'll train for gem transmutes and sell a lot of those.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1656 on: 08 Oct 2009, 19:09 »

Yeah, I leveled fine with leatherworking, but that's 'cuz 1. I'm a vet and 2. I was fine with letting it fall behind at various points.
« Last Edit: 08 Oct 2009, 20:37 by Alex C »

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1657 on: 09 Oct 2009, 06:24 »

I started up on my first character with herbalism and alchemy pretty ok. It was pretty easy to level up and people almost always buy health and mana potions, so I got some income off of it, but to be honest I think I may have made more off of selling stacks of harder to find herbs. Now mostly I just sell herbs because Sholazar Basin is great for farming and I make more off of herbs and transmutes than anything else. Feathermoon doesn't really want a whole lot of potions/elixers anymore, for whatever reason.

Leinad

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #1658 on: 13 Oct 2009, 22:13 »

Got into an argument today with someone who thought that EU Affenjung was the number one guild in the world and that Premonition wasn't even top 50... Was kinda funny.

Covetous

• Larger than most fish
  • Swedish Turnip
« Reply #1659 on: 13 Oct 2009, 23:53 »

After checking guildox, yeah that was kind of funny.
Creationists make it sound as though a "theory" is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night.
-Isaac Asimov

Leinad

« Reply #1660 on: 14 Oct 2009, 14:04 »

Wowprogress pwns guildox.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1661 on: 14 Oct 2009, 16:26 »

That's funny. I'm not in much position to talk smack though; I'm in the 2nd farthest guild on the second to worst US server. "A small pond" doesn't even begin to cover it. Most of the raid ready talent comes in through transfers (the  current top guild has been here less than a month). Grizzly Hills quickly hemorrhages away what little talent there is on the server.

Covetous

• Larger than most fish
  • Swedish Turnip
« Reply #1662 on: 14 Oct 2009, 23:41 »

I think I'll stick with guildox. There you can see strict 10-man progression and since my guild is only like 15 active players it suitse us a bit better.
Creationists make it sound as though a "theory" is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night.
-Isaac Asimov

Leinad

« Reply #1663 on: 17 Oct 2009, 23:53 »

Holy shit that server really is terrible.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1664 on: 17 Oct 2009, 23:55 »

Yep. My guild is pretty much an anomaly here; we raid 2, maybe 3 nights a week and this qualifies us as "hardcore raiders" by GH standards.

Leinad

« Reply #1665 on: 18 Oct 2009, 00:19 »

Seriously? I am sorry, bro. Transfer to either Stormscale or Ner'zhul. I can vouch for both servers having a mix of very good guilds (number 50 world ranked guild on Ner'Zhul and 200 on Stormscale) plus guilds that are alot more like yours.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1666 on: 21 Oct 2009, 17:52 »

So, I'm not an expert on other classes, so I was just curious: Is there another progression quality item set with a worse 2 piece bonus than that which is attached to Rogue Tier 9? Keep in mind that rogues shouldn't even be using Rupture at all with best-in-slot gear, so for your class's 2 piece bonus to be worse, it would actually have to hurt your performance if you were foolish enough to try and make use of it.

Leinad

« Reply #1667 on: 21 Oct 2009, 20:23 »

I am trying to think, but yeah I know that sucks dick. The 4 set bonus is decent.

Oh, worse than that, t7 for Warriors might be close. 3 extra seconds on your shield wall ability...so?

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1668 on: 21 Oct 2009, 20:25 »

The 4 piece is actually kinda gimpy too, believe it or not. A combat rogue in 245 gear is better off skipping it in favor of really well-itemized offset pieces like the 25man Ony hood, the Cuirass of Calamitous Fate and the badge shoulders. If it was a flat 5% crit, it'd be sweet, but 5% to just your combo builder makes it a bit more sketchy. The sheet says I'll use 4 piece 245 as mutilate, but that's just because ArPen isn't so hot for Muti.

Actually, here's another contender I forgot about: The Tier 9 Holy Pally. At the very best, it's a half-assed GCD saver. Then again, the reason I kinda forget about it is due to the 4 piece bonus it is paired with, which is basically balls out amazing. I think one of my guildies may have complained about it once, but that 4 piece probably keeps the complaints to a dull roar.

But yeah, the shield wall one is pretty bad. 3 seconds is a swing or two, if you timed it right. Maybe more if you're getting parry gibbed.
« Last Edit: 21 Oct 2009, 20:56 by Alex C »

Leinad

« Reply #1669 on: 21 Oct 2009, 20:31 »

Seeing as you normally only pop shieldwall for a fight mechanic it is, for all intents and purposes, useless, as I can't think of any that last all that long anyways.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1670 on: 21 Oct 2009, 20:55 »

All I can think of is when shit is hitting the fan on hard modes, and I highly doubt it'll make much difference in that case.

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #1671 on: 21 Oct 2009, 22:04 »

Shaman Resto 2 Piece t9 is pretty shitty. Riptide is an awful spell and only actually useful for the haste buff to HW and topping people off while moving.

Leinad

« Reply #1672 on: 21 Oct 2009, 22:15 »

There are quite a few fights where cooldowns such as Sheild Wall, Last stand, IBF, Pally shield wall, blah blah blah, stop being OHSHIT buttons and start getting used at specific times. Specifically Ulduar hard modes. I.E. Mimiron, Gen V, so on.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1673 on: 21 Oct 2009, 22:36 »

I wasn't referring to that, I was referring to the only times I could think of where 3 seconds might theoretically help. 3 extra seconds on a shield wall won't really do anything about Mimi's plasma blast since it only lasts what, 6 or 8 seconds? I'm not a tank healer, so I forget. An extra couple seconds might help against hard mode Steelbreaker though, since once his damage gets upgraded it never goes back down. That fight gibs tanks in the long run no matter what you do though, so it's probably a moot point.

Leinad

« Reply #1674 on: 21 Oct 2009, 22:39 »

Oh I misread that my bad. Yeah you're right.

It's wierd, warrior t8 and 9 have great 2 and 4 set bonuses.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1675 on: 21 Oct 2009, 22:44 »

Oh! And a pre-emptive post, before any Paladins points and laugh at me for giving the 4 piece pally bonus the thumbs up: I really like it because it makes FoL a great supplementary ability for fights like Anub'arak or throwing in a "buffer" heal between waves of damage. I know Holy Light is still the go-to pally move more often than not. But anything that broadens the use of a niche spell is typically pretty nice for healers, since it's often a job that's more about picking the right shaped peg for the particular hole you're trying to fill at any given time. Before the 4 piece and the recent Sacred Shield changes pallies sucked at giving buffers, they just bombed the hell out of everyone whenever they're forced to spot heal. But being able to throw out a buffer on whoever happens to be SS'd at any time is the kind of thing that often helps more than some tiny overall raw throughput buff. God knows blizzard won't give anyone a set bonus that just gives an overall general boost anyway; that'd make people happy, which isn't working as intended.
« Last Edit: 22 Oct 2009, 00:02 by Alex C »

Leinad

« Reply #1676 on: 21 Oct 2009, 22:49 »

I like butts?

Too tired to type. Will talk more nerdage with you tomorrow.

Covetous

• Larger than most fish
  • Swedish Turnip
« Reply #1677 on: 22 Oct 2009, 00:00 »

The Boomkin t8 4p set bonus is really really crapy. It is at best a minor dps increase if it procs at the right time. And also keeping some dps while moving but usually you just refresh your dot's while moving.
-Isaac Asimov

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #1678 on: 22 Oct 2009, 07:56 »

All six Druid set bonuses for T9 are pretty nice. Not that I'll ever touch them outside of the PTR, but Rejuvenation critting would be nice, though the 2P isn't phenomenal (I tend to lean on Swiftmend a lot more often than Nourish), extra crit to Nourish isn't something I'd turn down.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Leinad

« Reply #1679 on: 22 Oct 2009, 12:08 »

Warrior 2 piece for DPS is actually very nice, as is 4 pc. I'm kinda reeling about all this warrior love.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1680 on: 22 Oct 2009, 12:31 »

Yeah, the set bonuses this time around are really about getting all the classes on a more even footing, I think. The reason 245 tier 9 isn't completely amazing for rogues is because rogue tier 8.5 was frankly too good. I was the top single target DPS in my guild by a wide margin prior to the release of TOC, and now, with ToC being around for quite some time, I can still top the meter on many fights and I am consistently within the top 5 at worst. And that's despite the fact that I've passed on trophies and am still actually wearing Ulduar level or lower gear in the helm, chest, legs, gloves, belt, shoulder and trinket slots. I've gone mutilate and acquired new accessories since the release of ToC, but even the new weapons weren't that big of an upgrade since I was rolling with the good ol' Golden Saronite Dragon before that.
« Last Edit: 22 Oct 2009, 12:35 by Alex C »

Leinad

« Reply #1681 on: 22 Oct 2009, 12:38 »

Warrior tanking sucks these days. Makes me cry. I hate wow. Why the fuck am I playing again? FUCK.

Beren

• Curry sauce
« Reply #1682 on: 22 Oct 2009, 14:41 »

All the paladin healing set bonuses have sucked for a long time.

So long I don't look at them anymore.

One set bonus that gives me something to Divine Plea, Beacon, or maybe HOLY LIGHT would be really, really appreciated. But no.
« Last Edit: 22 Oct 2009, 18:48 by Beren »
All About Strange Beasts of the Present

clockworkjames

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Grammar Nazi vs Illiterate Jew
« Reply #1683 on: 24 Oct 2009, 05:02 »

Warrior tanking sucks these days. Makes me cry. I hate wow. Why the fuck am I playing again? FUCK.
Then roll FotM scrub.

/jokes

But seriously, I know threat is hardly ever an issue and warriors can peel off pallys at the drop of a hat, but pallys survival makes us warrior tanks the lesser choice.

We are currently inferior, tbh with hp scaling of like, 6% over a paladins 14, they should bring one of us to 10% (Buff or nerf, I don't care, just equalise it)
still new here, didn't wanna piss anyone off

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #1684 on: 24 Oct 2009, 07:44 »

I always forget about the epic patch required when going back to WoW after a hiatus... :/
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1685 on: 24 Oct 2009, 18:51 »

I hate Heroic Faction Champions. They're easy, but there's always the odd chance that all of a sudden a Shadow Priest, Hunter and Mage focuses fire on you at the same instant and suddenly your shit is ruined.

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #1686 on: 24 Oct 2009, 20:18 »

Uhh yeah, H FC is the worst fight in the game.

This week, on 10 man,

MS Warrior
Ret Paladin
Warlock
Shadow Priest
Resto Druid
Resto Shaman

Totally unkillable.

EDIT: We've been farming the encounter for weeks.
« Last Edit: 24 Oct 2009, 20:51 by Dazed »

Leinad

« Reply #1687 on: 24 Oct 2009, 20:20 »

But seriously, I know threat is hardly ever an issue and warriors can peel off pallys at the drop of a hat, but pallys survival makes us warrior tanks the lesser choice.

We are currently inferior, tbh with hp scaling of like, 6% over a paladins 14, they should bring one of us to 10% (Buff or nerf, I don't care, just equalise it)

Lol why do you think I posted?

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1688 on: 24 Oct 2009, 23:40 »

Another way in which my server is sad: Today, I vendored a bunch of my old epics that I've been hanging around to for a while. I jotted down the ilevels and double checked a few armory compiler sites, and the gear I sold would gear a rogue well enough to make him top 8 on the server.

Beren

• Curry sauce
« Reply #1689 on: 25 Oct 2009, 07:12 »

Lol why do you think I posted?

Haha. Pally threat >>> Warrior threat
All About Strange Beasts of the Present

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1690 on: 25 Oct 2009, 08:36 »

Alex, that is pretty sad. Does this mean you're also top 10, though?

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1691 on: 25 Oct 2009, 10:11 »

Yeah. I've been anywhere from 1-5 among rogues for the last few months, basically. I'd probably be 1 or 2 if I bothered to use all the tier 9 I have lying around, but I need another piece or two until breaking the 8.5 set becomes worth it. The problem is, I have tons of gear, but none of the stuff I actually need. I have had a huge mass of weapons, but none of the damned offset armor pieces I really want, which is really getting tiresome. I've got the the Spinebreaker, for example, but due to weapon specialization that leaves my Westfall Saber languishing in the bank.

But you know what really, really, really bothers me? My guild's trinket situation. The Mjolnir Runestone has only dropped twice for my guild. Between that and only one Death's Verdict dropping in ToC so far, a lot of our melee is perilously close to full on nerd raging. We have an Unholy DK who can come within a couple hundred dps of me on anything but single target fights, but the poor bastard is still using the Bandit's Insignia. We have never even seen Blood of the Old God. Even the casters haven't been spared; Mimiron has only dropped two Pandora's Pleas for us and even then he waited until after Blizzard nerfed Intellect stacking to do it. This shit is getting ridiculous.
« Last Edit: 25 Oct 2009, 10:21 by Alex C »

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #1692 on: 25 Oct 2009, 10:43 »

I need a new realm, mine is almost exclusively 80 now, and as my main is only 70 I need somewhere where there's people who actually want to do instances with me. As it stands, I have the opportunity to go for an instance about once per day, and then somebody drops out and we have to quit. I need better gearrrrrr.

clockworkjames

« Reply #1693 on: 25 Oct 2009, 11:14 »

Unless you were levelling 70-80 in January...

Story will be pretty similar on all servers unfortunately :/

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #1694 on: 25 Oct 2009, 12:02 »

It's balls! I got WLK and made it to 70 then had to take a hiatus because my laptop couldn't run it any more without overheating and dying. Now i've fixed my laptop but there's nobody to play with.

Yakob

« Reply #1695 on: 25 Oct 2009, 12:36 »

Another way in which my server is sad: Today, I vendored a bunch of my old epics that I've been hanging around to for a while. I jotted down the ilevels and double checked a few armory compiler sites, and the gear I sold would gear a rogue well enough to make him top 8 on the server.

Oh wow, i'd be second highest hpriest hordeside and 12th overall if I was on your server. I'm not extremely geared, either.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1696 on: 25 Oct 2009, 12:49 »

Pretty much all the horde priests transferred away, so yeah. About half are alliance and about half are god knows where now.

Leinad

« Reply #1697 on: 25 Oct 2009, 21:50 »

I dunno wut im doin as ass spec fuck. what the fuck do i do? do i use SS? or just Mut? FUCK I DUNNO

clockworkjames

« Reply #1698 on: 27 Oct 2009, 05:10 »

Epeening about being biggest fish in a tiny pond lol.

I am nowhere near being the best geared warrior tank in my server, but pre ulduar I was 2nd best geared tank on a busy alli heavy realm, in the most casual slackcunt of a raiding guild.

Now it's hard to judge, I seem to always log out in pvp gear as I do arena then bed :/

Leinad

« Reply #1699 on: 27 Oct 2009, 09:50 »

You know, you THINK you are that good, but trust me, pre-ulduar, that meant shit. Any retard with a keyboard could be the best geared tank, seeing as everything was SOOOO hard and we only had, what, 6 fucking months to do naxx? Seriously, any scrub could look good. During Ulduar in the first few weeks, when I was actually raiding, I stayed in the top 5. Ofc that changed when I quit raiding for three months, lol.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 53   Go Up