THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 09:29
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 53   Go Down

Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 651305 times)

Leinad

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #1700 on: 27 Oct 2009, 09:51 »

Oh and really. My rogue is 69 and I DUNNO WTF I AM DOING WITH MUT HALP!

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1701 on: 27 Oct 2009, 12:02 »

I suppose you'd probably just slap a rupture on the mob, make sure HFB is up then Mutilate and Envenom once you have at least 4 points then Mutilate again if it's still standing. The HFB thing is part of why I'm not really the biggest fan of mutilate leveling, or, at least not with a full-on HFB spec; I'm not really convinced using a dot opener that is unlikely to get most of its ticks is the best way to use your opening energy pool. I went combat for leveling, personally, although I'd bet a build based off mutilate-prep pvp builds would work just as well due to Vigor, Overkill and Initiative actually mattering a bit vs. things with low health totals. Also, faster stealth.

As for the epeening thing, all epeening is silly. I just really do honestly think that my realm is far enough behind to be comical. It's just a different game here at times.

Anyway, my guild was chipping away at H25 Northrend Beasts last night and got to Icehowl cleanly on our last pull only of the night only to have  2 people fail the damn charge dodge, which led to us barely missing the enrage timer. Hrgarbablarbabla.
« Last Edit: 27 Oct 2009, 12:45 by Alex C »
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #1702 on: 27 Oct 2009, 12:30 »

Ugh. I am getting really fucking frustrated with this Hallow's End meta. I have now run Headless Horseman a grand total of 56 times and only seen the Hallowed Helm, which is the only thing I'm missing for said meta, drop once. With only four days left on the holiday, I'm getting really antsy.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Leinad

« Reply #1703 on: 27 Oct 2009, 12:57 »

Ok, I meant mut for PvP, lol. And I figured out.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #1704 on: 27 Oct 2009, 13:06 »

There is no excuse for that Rogue twink in third coming in behind a Rogue learning a new spec and a lock who's four levels below him and decked primarily in greens.
JON MADE ME GAY

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1705 on: 27 Oct 2009, 13:11 »

Being a rogue in a bg is def. pretty easy for the most part. The relative lack of resilience gear makes it a lot easier to just straight burn people down, particularly since rogues get so much mileage out of crits.

Leinad

« Reply #1706 on: 27 Oct 2009, 14:14 »

Yeah, that lock was pretty decent, but I was 6 of his deaths, and he only got me like 2-3 times. I am straight up LOVING this new spec tho.

Oh and did you see that rogues spec? No clue what he is thinking.
« Last Edit: 27 Oct 2009, 14:15 by Leinad »

Leinad

« Reply #1707 on: 27 Oct 2009, 15:25 »

If he had been thinking that he woulda looked up a spec, not just specced w/e looked good.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1708 on: 27 Oct 2009, 16:20 »

Looks more like a combination leveling/whatever spec than a pvp spec to me. It is kind of odd though; what with the one point Deadly Brew, which really is just a pvp talent. Plus, I still think Cut to the Chase and HFB aren't really something worth chasing while you're leveling. Preparation Mutilate is would still be my go-to dagger spec for leveling though, precisely because you can BG in it very well and enjoy faster movement speed while stealthed when doing pve stuff. Still, I've seen a lot worse.
« Last Edit: 27 Oct 2009, 16:27 by Alex C »

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #1709 on: 27 Oct 2009, 16:44 »

Ugh. I am getting really fucking frustrated with this Hallow's End meta. I have now run Headless Horseman a grand total of 56 times and only seen the Hallowed Helm, which is the only thing I'm missing for said meta, drop once. With only four days left on the holiday, I'm getting really antsy.

I got my helm in one of the first runs I did, I was more worried about getting the squashling, I'd only seen it drop once (the same time the helm did). I saw it drop the other day and two of the people in my party already had it, one didn't particularly care about any of the holidays events, so I asked if they minded me needing it for my title. It was the only thing I needed to get. They let me, I got my title and spent a good five minutes sqeeeeeeeeing about it.

The broom has dropped at least once every run and I wish that mages actually got a broom as a class-based mount. It looks so cool and we're practically witches... right?
Quote from: Daniel on Gabbly
princy, this is the time to think with your vagina
Quote from: Iananan on Gabbly
nipples are deactivated at birth, to prevent misfires and accident

Leinad

« Reply #1710 on: 27 Oct 2009, 18:15 »

I actually agree, that would be really cool.

@Random: My mom thought it was really cool that I was flying around on a magic broomstick, just like Agnes or Granny Weatherwax. Although to be fair Esme is terrified of them, even if she does end up on a stick fairly frequently.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1711 on: 27 Oct 2009, 18:28 »

I've never done any of the Hallow's End stuff because I hate fun.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1712 on: 27 Oct 2009, 19:36 »

Just DE'd everything that came off the Twin Val'kyr. Still 1 Death's Verdict in the whole guild. God, I hate loot tables sometimes.

Leinad

« Reply #1713 on: 27 Oct 2009, 19:49 »

More bosses= more fun. Like Naxx!

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1714 on: 27 Oct 2009, 20:25 »

I have only done HH once, me healing a DK tank. Sadly, nothing important dropped and I've been running around collecting candy. And jmrz, that would be super sweet as a class mount.

I am over 3/5 of the way to being able to get epic flight form, woo! Pretty much outside of the Hallow's End stuff recently all I've been doing is dailies and farming and trying to get in an instance here and there. I think I may start browsing the forums though and see if I can find a new guild so I can do more than just farm.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #1715 on: 28 Oct 2009, 00:43 »

Yeah, the running around collecting candy is the easiest gold.

And yeah, I really think that every class should have their own class based mount - DK's, Warlocks, Druids and Pally's all get one, why not everyone else? *sulk*

I'm pretty happy with my guild, a bunch of us have been in and out of the same guilds together and these were the first friends I made in WoW and now we are all back in the one guild again. I'm an officer and am leading our second ten man team. We've successfully downed the first three bosses in Uld10 with no difficulty and I'm really happy! Most of us hadn't even been there at all, so I'm pretty impressed. I just need a full raid team now and I'd be even happier - I'm really not a huge fan of pugging those last few spots.

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #1716 on: 28 Oct 2009, 08:41 »

It's balls! I got WLK and made it to 70 then had to take a hiatus because my laptop couldn't run it any more without overheating and dying. Now i've fixed my laptop but there's nobody to play with.

Um, I recently reactivated my old account with old chars and I have a rogue, a priest and a warrior around 65-70. Aggramar.

Oooooh so tempted, Jens. So tempted.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

clockworkjames

• Grammar Nazi vs Illiterate Jew
« Reply #1717 on: 28 Oct 2009, 10:03 »

You know, you THINK you are that good, but trust me, pre-ulduar, that meant shit. Any retard with a keyboard could be the best geared tank, seeing as everything was SOOOO hard and we only had, what, 6 fucking months to do naxx? Seriously, any scrub could look good. During Ulduar in the first few weeks, when I was actually raiding, I stayed in the top 5. Ofc that changed when I quit raiding for three months, lol.

Wow, nerdragemoar?

WoWheroes put me 2nd on the server, that is where I judged it by. So it's not that I "THINK" I am good.

Gear != Good player I never said I was "that good" but what I am saying is, measuring people by gear league on server is dumb, don't do it.

2's and 3's as prot prot prot is fun :D
« Last Edit: 28 Oct 2009, 10:05 by clockworkjames »
still new here, didn't wanna piss anyone off

Leinad

« Reply #1718 on: 28 Oct 2009, 10:50 »

Sorry wasn't nerdraging AT you, just nerdraging, lol. Honestly, the "best geared tanks" were normally ones using the norgannon instead of a stam trinket, which only meant you had a high iLevel and were gimping yourself.

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #1719 on: 28 Oct 2009, 11:40 »

you're just lying now. It's okay I don't mind that people hate me

no seriously i want to but i don't know if i have the money for the transfer fee, we'll see after i get paid.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

clockworkjames

« Reply #1720 on: 28 Oct 2009, 19:34 »

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hellscream&n=Melville

2 shitty pure stam trinks, because heaven forbid ulduar stam trinks should ever drop (And BH procs don't help much throughout ToC).

Leinad

« Reply #1721 on: 28 Oct 2009, 23:00 »

High five, same here. Sucks dick, don't it?

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1722 on: 29 Oct 2009, 08:38 »

Oh, man. Our main DK tank posted his frightening ui in the realm forums.

The reaction has been gold. Responses range from "Dude, you play on a GBA?" to "He has 60k health; he could play on a cell phone for all I care," with the posts ultimately culminating in this bad boy:

So, on the one hand, I'm terrified to realize that this is what our main DK's screen looks like, but the thread made it all worth while.
« Last Edit: 29 Oct 2009, 09:03 by Alex C »

clockworkjames

« Reply #1723 on: 29 Oct 2009, 09:11 »

Peggle, bejewelled, atlasloot, DBM, omen.

Well he has the 5 important ones.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #1724 on: 29 Oct 2009, 10:20 »

As good a segue as I'm going to get.

That was me a week ago. Hell, I was worse. I'm of the mind that tanking doesn't really need any fancy UI tricks or anything. I was running like that as a healer. I had rewatch up and it was useful, but god damn did it clog up valuable screen real estate. It wasn't a problem in dungeons or small groups most of the time, but try running Wintergrasp or Isle of Conquest with a healing addon taking up half your screen. I'm still tinkering around, but this is what I'm running now:

God damn do I love Vuhdo. At this point, I'm running Carbonite, Bartender, Bagnon, TitanPanel, Xperl, Vuhdo, KoS and Omen. Still have some dicking around to do, but overall, this is working out well. I managed to top Horde on healing with third overall on that BG and I came in well over halfway into the battle (Third overall with about 860K healing).
JON MADE ME GAY

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1725 on: 29 Oct 2009, 12:47 »

Yeah, healers are infamous for having their screens half obscured by the raid frames they need to play whack-a-mole properly when the damage really starts flying around; I think pruning the damn UI is basically a rite of passage for you guys. But the fact that tanks need relatively few crucial UI mods it's also exactly why I was kind of surprised to see Upgrade's UI; as James said, Omen and DBM are the important mods, with just about everything else falling under the category of stuff that cleans up the screen so you can spot the really important info ASAP. I just woulda thought he'd have done something to clear up things like the 4 rows of buffs while in combat by now. I've had Dalaran Brilliance blacklisted from my buff bars for months now.
« Last Edit: 29 Oct 2009, 12:51 by Alex C »

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #1726 on: 29 Oct 2009, 17:37 »

UI below. When I'm in raid, I have the raid windows (dragged and dropped from the raid tab) sitting in that space on the left above the main section. Also, when in combat, the map on the left gets covered over by omen. I also shrink Carbonite in raids and instances and things like that.

It's clean, it's simple and when I level my druid as a resto, I'm going to end up using the same UI anyway I think, just with more adds.

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/2360/screenshot20091030at113.png
« Last Edit: 29 Oct 2009, 17:48 by jmrz »

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1727 on: 29 Oct 2009, 19:55 »

And here I thought rogues were near extinct.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #1728 on: 29 Oct 2009, 21:02 »

I'm leveling my subtlety Rogue right now. I do so love my Rogue. My closest alt to 80 is my level 68 Death Knight, but I just enjoy playing my Rogue so much I'm considering just grinding him to eighty (He's 49 right now).
JON MADE ME GAY

Leinad

« Reply #1729 on: 30 Oct 2009, 09:00 »

My UI went from

Too:

Yakob

« Reply #1730 on: 30 Oct 2009, 10:22 »

I'll jump on the bandwagon.

Here is what it look like with my raid frames up. Instead of using Grid, Healbot or Vuhdoo I use Pitbull in conjunction with my own mouseover healing macros. I have a lot of empty space because I don't have my keybindings memorized on characters I'm still leveling up so I need that space to put the bars. That completely empty box on the left is where the tanks show up if they're assigned as such.

When I'm in combat I have a HUD running with Mik's Scrolling Battle Text coming off around it.
« Last Edit: 30 Oct 2009, 10:25 by Yakob »

clockworkjames

« Reply #1731 on: 31 Oct 2009, 05:59 »

is this a UI thread naio?

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1732 on: 31 Oct 2009, 07:28 »

I downloaded VuhDo and I'm not sure I like it, but that could be because I'm kind of clueless as to how it works. I have some addons like Omen, a damage meter, Druid Announces, and Quest Helper, which will be up or down depending on what I'm doing. My UI is boring, but maybe if I start doing more instances I'll give VuhDo a shot and see how it works out for me.

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1733 on: 31 Oct 2009, 07:37 »

is this a UI thread naio?

If that UI were a person it would be this person:

QUESTHELPER WILL NOT HELP YOU IN A BOSS FIGHT
« Last Edit: 31 Oct 2009, 10:22 by pilsner »

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1734 on: 31 Oct 2009, 09:57 »

Yeah, I have to turn off Quest Helper when I raid because it annoys the shit out of me.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #1735 on: 31 Oct 2009, 19:13 »

You should try carbonite instead. You can set it to automatically hide when in a raid group.
JON MADE ME GAY

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1736 on: 31 Oct 2009, 22:44 »

You can hide quest helper easily, but I usually turn it off because it won't slow my computer down. Also, when I'm turning it off, I turn Omen and other stuff on. My lappy is old, it doesn't like WoW very much as is, but too many addons at once cause lags, especially so in high traffic areas.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #1737 on: 01 Nov 2009, 09:42 »

For the record, Carbonite uses about a fourth the system resources of QH while also having so much epic cool shit like the warehouse (Always know what your alts have) and punks (A very nifty gank evasion feature) features.

I am seriously such a Carbonite fanboy.
JON MADE ME GAY

clockworkjames

« Reply #1738 on: 01 Nov 2009, 11:59 »

I got an addon that does all that shit anyways, is my bag one and titan does some other stuff, I never liked carbonite and the only reason that dropdown menu is there is because it hardly distracts me at all, way up there where I never look. I could click the little grey draggy box to hide it, but why bother?

Seriously I dunno why so many people have hate for my setup, what is it people find so offensive?

[edit]
Haha, jmrz's ui reminded me of whne I used spartan, good times. Then it stopped working and the guy stopped updating it Q_Q but I doubt I would go back to it.
« Last Edit: 01 Nov 2009, 12:02 by clockworkjames »

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #1739 on: 01 Nov 2009, 12:26 »

I don't think anyone's "hating" your UI. It just seems a bit cluttered and messy.

In terms of Carbonite, it's just such a system efficient, effective catch-all. It does the work of about six add-ons that would add up to a good chunk of addon memory. I won't say it's anywhere close to necessary, but if you choose to use a questing addon at all, there's no good reason to choose QH over Carbonite at this point unless your system has very high specs (Even with the pretty good setup I have, I still notice a major FPS difference between the two). The only downside compared to QH I'd give it is that it's got a slightly steeper learning curve for the basics.
JON MADE ME GAY

clockworkjames

« Reply #1740 on: 02 Nov 2009, 10:28 »

Lots of people hate on my UI, my computer doesn't seem to struggle though either. Not even as if it is a new processor and ddr3, is like 2 years old by now or something.

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right
« Reply #1741 on: 02 Nov 2009, 10:50 »

hey guys, guess who finally got to 70 last night?
(it's my horribly undergeared warrior! yay!)

also guess who has the rare aq 40 mount?
(it is also me  8-))

okay you all can carry on with your ui discussions now, which i have nothing to contribute to cause mine is boring and default.
Quote from: KvP
When our powers combine we are awkward internet
Quote from: Jace
All Canadians are two to four Welsh Corgis in a human suit.
http://nowaver.tumblr.com
http://twitter.com/witchykeen

Covetous

• Larger than most fish
  • Swedish Turnip
« Reply #1742 on: 02 Nov 2009, 23:35 »

The AQ40 mount is kind of cute since it looks like something from StarShip troopers.
Creationists make it sound as though a "theory" is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night.
-Isaac Asimov

Beren

• Curry sauce
« Reply #1743 on: 03 Nov 2009, 02:25 »

(it is also me  8-))

okay you all can carry on with your ui discussions now, which i have nothing to contribute to cause mine is boring and default.

The black one? from the opening event? O_o
All About Strange Beasts of the Present

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right
« Reply #1744 on: 03 Nov 2009, 10:03 »

i didn't say the UBER rare one.
i meant the red one.
Quote from: KvP
When our powers combine we are awkward internet
Quote from: Jace
All Canadians are two to four Welsh Corgis in a human suit.
http://nowaver.tumblr.com
http://twitter.com/witchykeen

Beren

• Curry sauce
« Reply #1745 on: 03 Nov 2009, 11:42 »

Whew.

I almost stole your identity.
All About Strange Beasts of the Present

torontoguy2k8

• Plantmonster
« Reply #1746 on: 04 Nov 2009, 01:04 »

(it is also me  8-))

The black one? from the opening event? O_o

Haha no. She didn't start til WAY after BC launched :P Although I HAVE see our server's "Scarab Lord" on several occasions.

And also SCREW YOU ANNA for winning that red mount instead of me QQ

And as for UI, Mine is only slightly modified. I use XPERL for my unitframes (Makes life way easier) and the standards like Questhelper, Recount, and DBM.
Oh, I use Healbot on my healer because I'm lazy :P Works well though.
Now it's time for Anna to get her Ugly Tier 6 set, because leveling in that gear makes Northrend pretty cake :P Hell you can raid Naxx10 in full Tier6/Sunwell gear competently if you know your class well.
Oh, Yeah. I'm Anna's Boyfriend/Heal bitch :P Name's Ray. My main is a hunter. My healer is level 74. (tree XD) and I also play on Argent Dawn.

Sup.

clockworkjames

« Reply #1747 on: 04 Nov 2009, 07:03 »

Zero point in spending weeks getting t6 since crafted junk from the people grinding up tailoring/LW/BS will be enough, especially at the rate you replace them questing.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1748 on: 04 Nov 2009, 09:52 »

I haven't posted because my UI is in a bit of a transition period atm, but I've finally come to accept that if I wait until I'm perfectly happy with it I'll never post it at all. Here's what it looks like right now at its busiest. The big things I need to change are my buff/debuff filtering and my combat text notifications; I just switched back to Elk's buffbars and Parrot right before the raid and normally I have those resized much smaller and filtered much more thoroughly. Normally the only buffs I want to see listed in combat are the ones that are either important raid events or are things I can actually do something about but don't activate myself. For example, it's good to know if I ran out of Windfury Totem range but frankly, things like the Envenom buff gained notification just isn't information I need to see. Of course I have the buff; I just pushed the damn button that gives it to me. Anyway, once I have all that stuff filtered and resized I'll be moving a lot of my DBM notifications to the right side where I'll have some more room, since ideally I'll have practically nothing but debuffs listed over there.

Also, it really, really pisses me off that I apparently forgot to burn tricks of the trade during that Heroism. That's some horrible raiding right there.
« Last Edit: 04 Nov 2009, 09:59 by Alex C »

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #1749 on: 04 Nov 2009, 12:39 »

What are you using for a chat window addon? I just want to be able to move/shrink my window and Prat doesn't seem to be helping me.

ETA: Apparently, Blizzard are fans of instant karma. Upon hearing about the new Pandaren Monk vanity pet that's available in the Blizzard store with 50% of proceeds going to charity, I decided to snag one.

I log in to claim it and while doing so, notice my weekly Oracle egg has hatched. I open it to find, after months of nothing:

Yay new mount!
« Last Edit: 04 Nov 2009, 13:29 by 0bsessions »
JON MADE ME GAY
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 53   Go Up