THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 07:58
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 53   Go Down

Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 651253 times)

Lines

• Awakened
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #2200 on: 30 May 2010, 12:54 »

Ouch.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #2201 on: 30 May 2010, 23:08 »

The boy got his account back. He got me to log into his account for him, and I lodged tickets for his gear, gold and bank that was missing.  So far, he has got all his gold back, all his main spec and offspec gear back and a good chunk of what was in the bank.

His priest was deleted (low level, but he was leveling with me), and we are waiting on that. His rogue is getting the 7-9 days treatment with it's stuff, so hopefully he gets that back too. I made him a new email on my domain, and we changed it all and his passwords AND he's getting an authenticator.
Quote from: Daniel on Gabbly
princy, this is the time to think with your vagina
Quote from: Iananan on Gabbly
nipples are deactivated at birth, to prevent misfires and accident

Cire27

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
  • Kill You With Folk
    • last.fm
« Reply #2202 on: 30 May 2010, 23:59 »

Did you make a ticket on each character or just one?
You don't wanna get mixed up with a guy like me. I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel.

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #2203 on: 31 May 2010, 04:19 »

On each of them, just to be sure.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2204 on: 01 Jun 2010, 13:39 »

Finally got my authenticator in the mail, so I'll be reinstalling the game tonight and hopefully will start playing again tomorrow. I think I may just avoid addons for the time being and only group up with people I know, since I still don't know how I was hacked.

Cire27

• Kill You With Folk
    • last.fm
« Reply #2205 on: 01 Jun 2010, 19:21 »

How long did it take you guys to get your stuff back?  I didn't have any characters transfered/recustomized and I'm still getting the 7-9 days treatment.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2206 on: 01 Jun 2010, 19:36 »

Pretty certain that it's the volume of hacks that are going on at any given time that complicates things, with the nature of it being a relatively minor issue.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2207 on: 01 Jun 2010, 20:17 »

It took a week, but as soon as it happens, they'll send you an email with all the things you're getting back. None of my characters lost any of the gear they were wearing or any talents and also none of them were deleted, either, so I'd just say wait it out.

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #2208 on: 01 Jun 2010, 20:31 »

I was hacked on the 23rd and as yet have not had my restoration completed. Hopefully tomorrow or the day after I guess.

Oh well, been leveling my hunter. It's funnish!
I would probably be getting laid right now if it weren't for the Jews

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2209 on: 02 Jun 2010, 15:10 »

C'monnnnnn, finish downloading! It was around 33% this morning when I left and it's only at 74%, wtf.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2210 on: 02 Jun 2010, 19:06 »

I want Halion to come out so I can get his damned trinket already. It'd like nice next to my HDBW.

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #2211 on: 03 Jun 2010, 00:22 »

The boy just had all his Shaman's stuff restored a second time. Now he has doubles of everything.

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #2212 on: 03 Jun 2010, 09:49 »

My authenticator arrived yesterday morning and now i am haxproof yaaay!
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2213 on: 03 Jun 2010, 20:57 »

Took me about an hour, but I got everything Blizzard returned out of my mailbox and promptly put up over 1000ea of Lichbloom and Icethorn on the AH. (I kept some. And 80 frost lotuses. And some other herbs. :)) And I was selling them for super cheap, so most were sold before I logged off. So huzzah. Tomorrow I'm going to buy signatures so I can get my guild rolling and set up a bank and whatnot, seeing as how I can afford to do it myself.

Also the corepuppy is so cuuuute! He rolls around, chews a bone, and stands up like this!

clockworkjames

• Grammar Nazi vs Illiterate Jew
« Reply #2214 on: 04 Jun 2010, 12:17 »

I am struggling to connect to wows at home for some reason so I been raiding at LAN :/

Got like 3 good DPS pieces (one is a ilv 277chest) for my offspec and a BiS neck for tanking. Quite chuffed, they cost very little dkp.
still new here, didn't wanna piss anyone off

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2215 on: 04 Jun 2010, 13:34 »

We use EPGP :(

I hate it and I hate my guild. For one thing, we have it set up so that there's minimal repercussions for not bothering to show up since the cost of acquiring gear vastly outpaces any other consideration. I haven't missed a raid since mid 2009, but I've lost out on 4 items in the last 3 weeks to people who miss at least a raid night a week.  We disenchant shit left and right and since rogues have no "offspec," we have this lovely situation in which we disenchant all daggers and stuff rather than just let people use 'em for pvp. Which, you know, wouldn't really bother me, except we have a cat druid that rolls on unwanted items (often only unwanted because people won't pay for anything that's not BIS at this point) for his bear "offspec," gets the items for free and then actually equips this shit and uses it while in cat spec. He literally never bids on things unless someone else bids on it first. He's an officer though, so nobody will do anything about it and he's always above me on EPGP because of it. Meanwhile, I'm still somehow expected to pay EPGP for a pair of Heaven's Fall daggers that I'd never use outside of weekend BG trolling, since I run with 2 combat specs for raid nights. Again, it wouldn't bother me at all if we didn't have people openly abusing the system in other ways.

I should probably just server transfer, but I doubt anyone's really interested in a pure DPSer who's merely just the cream of the crop on one of the worst 2 or 3 servers in WoW. Oh well, I'll always have my server first Mimiron's head.
« Last Edit: 04 Jun 2010, 13:40 by Alex C »

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #2216 on: 04 Jun 2010, 20:30 »

DKP is amongst the many many many reasons 25 man raiding is awful.

Also yeah I got my stuff back almost immediately after that last post, including some stuff I vendored ages ago. Waiting to see if I can hopefully get my PRs restored on my teams still.

I seriously never realized how much shit I acquired over the year's. Getting my original Zandalar Peacekeeper's chestpiece in the mail was a bit of a whoa moment. I still have almost all of my BWL/AQ40/20 gear, which makes me happy.
« Last Edit: 04 Jun 2010, 20:33 by Dazed »

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2217 on: 04 Jun 2010, 20:54 »

I've been a primary raider, but never been an officer in a guild. Now I'm running one. Oh shit. It's made up of purely friends at the moment, but down the line I'd like to get more people, so hopefully I get the hang of this. But we've got a bank, so hey! Now it just needs stuff in it.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2218 on: 05 Jun 2010, 11:24 »

...And some dude I bought a signature from that I didn't immediately boot because he seemed so enthusiastic ran off with the few low level items I put in the tab 1 of the bank. Luckily I had the sense to deny gold withdraw for his rank and blocked his access to the other tab, which had things of actual value in it. So he got 20g and an oddball collection of stones and cloth, none of which were full stacks or are things that will sell for any decent amount.

I don't know why I bother with people I don't know in real life with this game. Most of them are douchebags.

But then again his name was Nigbeater. I should have just ignored him in the first place.

clockworkjames

« Reply #2219 on: 05 Jun 2010, 16:55 »

Fucking love epgp when guilds follow the rules and use preset values of the addon and not some fucking "x=slot" rule.

dkp is shit since I still had to use dkp for OS shit I never even wanted, oh well suppose is better than a kick in the testicles.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2220 on: 05 Jun 2010, 20:49 »

Just ran Occulus. Now I know why nobody ever wanted to run it. Also it didn't give me a bag at the end! >:(

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #2221 on: 05 Jun 2010, 21:36 »

You have to loot ze bag from the chest.

And Oculus is ok if you're with a competent group, it's just annoying mounting and unmounting the dragons constantly.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2222 on: 05 Jun 2010, 23:38 »

Fucking love epgp when guilds follow the rules and use preset values of the addon and not some fucking "x=slot" rule.

dkp is shit since I still had to use dkp for OS shit I never even wanted, oh well suppose is better than a kick in the testicles.

Yeah, I think the bottom line here is that with enough determination, people can shit up any system.

My least favorite part of oculus is how every time you mount/remount your focus gets cleared. I like to use my focus for lazy mode tricks of the trade in 5 mans. I mean, it's obviously not hard to select a focus, but it still hits me as a pinch silly have to keep choosing again every time we dismount.

clockworkjames

« Reply #2223 on: 06 Jun 2010, 06:10 »

The red and greens are the most fun drakes to use, the yellows just bore me. But then again you can just get a healer to stand on the platform with the chest and roll hots on the drakes, works pretty well too. You also only get the bag if you do a speed run which most runs  are these days, just funny how you can solo the fight as a greem drake but it takes like 1000 years, a bit like malygos when the rest of your raid wipes at ~15% and it's just you and a healer to 12% then the healer dies and you solo the last 12% and then everyone wants to suck your dick and have your babies and stuff then they give you the tanking shield for your collection even thought you have better and someone wants it for their offspec but nobody cares because you seem like the most awesome person EU.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2224 on: 06 Jun 2010, 06:12 »

You have to loot ze bag from the chest.

There was no bag in the chest for me! Everyone else got one! I don't know why I didn't get one.

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #2225 on: 06 Jun 2010, 09:15 »

Did you wait till after everyone had de zoned- that happened to me, apparently if you're not in the group that finished it, theres no way of the game knowing you did it with the dungeon finder, so no bag.  I opened a ticket about it and was sent a bag a few days later - had a drake in it too.

man its been ages since I've played, or even felt like playing,  wow but I still check this thread for some reason.
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2226 on: 06 Jun 2010, 11:32 »

Two people had ditched the party before I could open the chest, so maybe that's it. Whatever. They all seemed to get twilight opals and gold.

Cire27

• Kill You With Folk
    • last.fm
« Reply #2227 on: 06 Jun 2010, 12:59 »

Just ordered an authenticator.  Can't wait to push a button every time I log in.

clockworkjames

« Reply #2228 on: 06 Jun 2010, 16:09 »

Wait for your first random DC on progress and the ETERNITY those extra 3 seconds add to getting back in to find yourself 2% away from being overtaken on threat after having been healed while white hitting a dragon in the face.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2229 on: 06 Jun 2010, 18:32 »

The worst is when you get DC'd during a farm fight that requires taunt or interrupt rotations to drop or avoid debuffs like General Vezax's Searing Bullshit or Gormok's Impale. The fact that it's such an otherwise easy to handle situation just adds insult to injury if it ends up resulting in a wipe.

Cire27

• Kill You With Folk
    • last.fm
« Reply #2230 on: 08 Jun 2010, 02:36 »

Blizzard haven't returned anything to me or the guild but they find it okay to email me saying I only have four days left before my subscription runs out.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2231 on: 08 Jun 2010, 12:25 »

How long has it been? And did you open a ticket or call anyone? Sometimes you don't get things back, because a former guildmate didn't a while back.

I was exploring and running random heroics last night and I got my first penalty for leaving a party made in Dungeon Finder. Is it always a half an hour? That's kind of steep, but it was a half an hour put to better use exploring than listening to one of the members bicker with the tank over what gear they had. (Granted, dude was completely in blues, but still, it's more annoying to fight about it than actually letting him try.) Anywho, I'm halfway done exploring everything. Northrend and Kalimdor are completely done so now I just need to finish parts of Outland and a lot of the Eastern Kingdoms and I'll be Meabh the Explorer.

Also, I have to say, playing with a few people is so much more fun than playing by yourself, even if you're not doing things together. I like having a guild again.

Cire27

• Kill You With Folk
    • last.fm
« Reply #2232 on: 08 Jun 2010, 13:52 »

Today is the tenth day.  Three days ago I put in another ticket asking them about it and they told me they were working on it.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2233 on: 08 Jun 2010, 20:43 »

Saurfang finally dropped me an H-Bloodvenom blade. It's hawt.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2234 on: 08 Jun 2010, 21:12 »

They seem overloaded with hacks right now, so be patient.

Cire27

• Kill You With Folk
    • last.fm
« Reply #2235 on: 08 Jun 2010, 21:30 »

Woo stuff!  They also seem to have taken away some emblem gear and refunded the emblems.  My helm is also gone.  Hope I am not being hacked again.

And then they send me stuff back that my pally had equipped the day after I buy it back.  Oh, frustration.
« Last Edit: 09 Jun 2010, 22:51 by Cire27 »

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2236 on: 14 Jun 2010, 21:52 »

I got my explorer title! Yay! And then since I didn't know what else to do, I went and soloed Scholomance, since I'd never been there before BC came out. It was pretty easy and therefore really fun. I love running into a room, dropping starfall, and watching mobs die within seconds.

Covetous

• Larger than most fish
  • Swedish Turnip
« Reply #2237 on: 15 Jun 2010, 00:29 »

WotlK is dead. WoW resurection ETA [Cataclysm release date].
Creationists make it sound as though a "theory" is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night.
-Isaac Asimov

clockworkjames

« Reply #2238 on: 15 Jun 2010, 06:32 »

> Character Name: Díck
> Realm: Boulderfist
>
> Category of Violation: Inappropriate
>
> Greetings,
>
> We are writing to educate you on our policies with regards to character naming. Violation of this policy is something which is not in the spirit of the game, and is against our Terms of Use.
>
> We would like to make it clear that this kind of behavior is not welcome in our community, and should be avoided in the future. While we have determined that a warning was not necessary on this occasion, it is important that you are aware that should any further violations of our rules occur that this incident will be taken into consideration when determining the consequences for your account. This could include a warning or suspension of the account.
>
> When you next log-in with the character named above, you will be prompted to select a new name. Please review our Naming Policy before selecting this new name. This can be found at: http://www.wow-europe.com/en/policy/namingp1.html.
>
> You can find further information on the different levels of account penalty we can apply at: http://www.wow-europe.com/en/policy/accountpenalties.html
>
> Please do not reply to this email as you will receive an automated response. If you have any further enquiries regarding your account status, please send them to: [email protected].
>
> Regards,
>
> English Game Master Team
> Blizzard Europe
>
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Jezbosh
> Game Master
> Blizzard Entertainment

My reply...

Sup chief,

I was just wondering about my name change, I chose Díck as it is short for "Ritchard" which was taken in any variation with funny letters I could think of. I just wanted an undead warlock like the one in the comic "LFG" http://www.lfgcomic.com/page/3 and also once a GM helped me out with a pet name issue on that exact same toon, I thought if there was a problem he would have done something then as he called me by the character name. I have not played that toon in a long time, so when I recieved the alert on my phone I was worried someone had logged on my account, as I had my authenticator in my pocket I doubted it but still, cannot be too careful. Could you please tell me if someone logged onto my warlock on Boulderfist recently?

Thanks for reading this, I know you guys must be mega busy (I know what it's like answering the office emails at my work :/ )

-James

Re-reply

Greetings James,

First of all, I'd like to apologize for the time it took us to handle your email. While we try to reply to every email received as soon as possible, we do so in the order they come in and at times a queue can be formed.

Having checked your account, I can confirm that your Undead Warlock on Boulderfist has indeed not been logged into for a very long time. There are also no other indications that your account was compromised at all and having an authenticator is surely a great way of securing your account.

What caused your character's name to be flagged for name change, was a report regarding a similarly named character on another realm. An armory search then indicated that there were a few more characters with this name and they were forced to change name as well.
While I can understand that you had no ill intentions when naming your character this, it is a very well known name for male genitalia and will mainly be looked at this way by the community which makes it not suited for our gaming environment.

I hope this has shed some light on the situation. Don't hesitate to contact us again, either way by email or by sending in a ticket in-game.

Best of wishes,

Mary V.
Senior In-Game Representative Thalianei

tl;dr - LOL A GM SAID MALE GENITALIA HAHAHA.

This is superior to a gm joke so I decided to share.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2239 on: 15 Jun 2010, 16:48 »

BAHA! But Dick is a legitimate name, it's not like your name was Penis or UltimateDicksucker. (Also Richard is the best, all warlocks should be named Richard.)

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #2240 on: 15 Jun 2010, 16:54 »

i had a warlock named succunuts

he didn't make it past level 5 though
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2241 on: 15 Jun 2010, 17:21 »

At least his name wasn't Nigbeater.

Though I think he's gone, too.

clockworkjames

« Reply #2242 on: 16 Jun 2010, 06:31 »

I didn't like my imps name "ababis" or summit so I had asked for a name change, now the imp is called... "Imp".

BAWLA.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2243 on: 16 Jun 2010, 20:32 »

For whatever reason, I was flying through Wintergrasp and the time until the next battle was 2 min, so I was like, hey why not. It was fun! This was the most fun I've ever had doing pvp and actually I think this is only the 2nd time I've ever been in a battlegroup that won. Granted, Feathermoon was notorious for having crappy pvp players, but it was awesome! I think I have found a new thing to do.

And I went ahead and got this, which doesn't do much for my druid, but will be an upgrade for my shaman.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2244 on: 16 Jun 2010, 23:03 »

Kinda sad how easy earth, wind, and fire is now with newer gear.

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #2245 on: 17 Jun 2010, 07:04 »

My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2246 on: 17 Jun 2010, 10:35 »

Most achievements are also pop culture references, yes.

clockworkjames

« Reply #2247 on: 17 Jun 2010, 14:14 »

9/12 icc25hc.

BLEH.

Really starting to hate raiding at times, 5 hours+ when I get home from work.

Should just look harder for 3 boomkins and a resto shaman for 5's.

Or hpala dk for 3's.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2248 on: 17 Jun 2010, 14:24 »

Within the first two weeks after we downed LK we cleared BQ, Marrowgar, Saurfang, Rotface, Dreamwalker, Lootship (duh), and Festergut on Heroic mode, but every time we work on the actually hard ones and start wiping we start running into attendance problems. Now a few people transferred away and we've regressed somewhat. The stupid thing is that we didn't even really wipe all that much, since it was really just working on Lady Deathwhisper that caused the wipes. People suck.
« Last Edit: 17 Jun 2010, 14:27 by Alex C »

clockworkjames

« Reply #2249 on: 17 Jun 2010, 14:35 »

Geathwhisper is my latest, seriously FUCK THAT FIGHT.

Ghosts, or dps don't look at omen.

Cunts.

Oh, and when top interrups goes DK>Warr tank>rogue>rogue... something is wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 53   Go Up