THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 02:56
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 53   Go Down

Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 651075 times)

Alex C

• comeback tour!
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #2350 on: 16 Jul 2010, 16:47 »

That druid rolls with double Solace. It doesn't need mana regen, trust me. If you're going OOM with that pairing, it's time to look at your playstyle first and foremost.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2351 on: 16 Jul 2010, 17:44 »

That's the only thing I could find what might be "wrong" with it. Honestly, I don't think anything is wrong with it, but mp5 is the only thing I could think of that could possibly be lacking.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2352 on: 16 Jul 2010, 19:01 »

It's honestly a pretty solid gear set. I'd like to see more haste (at the expense of crit, if possible) but that looks mostly like a symptom of having some old ToGC gear and an OK but not amazing cloth belt as opposed to "Ur doing it wrong." I'd take the Sundial over that Chalice in a heartbeat, for example, but the Chalice was a hot item back in the day, and unless the Sundial drops that's a moot point. And please, for the love of god, don't give up Trauma for anything but a Heroic Trauma. That thing is ridiculous in the hands of a raid healing tree, so staves are right out.

As far as gemming goes, the general rule you'll hear at places like EJ and such is that trees shouldn't be trying to patch up holes in their gear with gemming at the high end. You just end up losing too much spell power and you won't even get enough haste/spirit/mp5/whatever to actually fix anything, particularly if you're skipping socket bonuses just to load up. So keep on gemming spell power and use whatever combo of SP+Haste/Int/Spir gems you have to in order to net good socket bonuses. If you really need to change your performance from fight to fight, you should try getting your hands on a few game changing trinkets and swap those babies around if you're having real issues. Frankly, that's why I'm a li'l jealous of you for getting that druid. You already have the two best overall mana regen trinkets in the game right now, with the Heroic one still being a BIS item, so you're already over halfway there. Just get yourself an Althor's Abacus and you'll be able switch up for anything.
« Last Edit: 16 Jul 2010, 19:23 by Alex C »

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #2353 on: 16 Jul 2010, 20:25 »

Thanks heaps!

Yeah, the gear it has doesn't look too bad. It does need a few hundred more haste, but I think that is definitely something that can be fixed with gear upgrades in spots. From everything I've heard is that druids don't stack mp5, but spirit instead? I have absolutely no mana issues and so far I've only run a couple of heroics. The mana regen from the trinkets is really nice. I respec'd a bit differently to put points into Celestial Focus and regem'd to put some more Reckless Ametrines (sp/haste) in.

I just need to change up my UI to something more healer specific and just try my hand at pugging some raids.
Quote from: Daniel on Gabbly
princy, this is the time to think with your vagina
Quote from: Iananan on Gabbly
nipples are deactivated at birth, to prevent misfires and accident

clockworkjames

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Grammar Nazi vs Illiterate Jew
« Reply #2354 on: 17 Jul 2010, 13:37 »

I was gonna comment on tanking gear for it but it has always been in tree gear with those double solaces making me wish it was a human priest/hpala.

You could get a priest/lock draining you all day long and after 3gcd's of LoS have enough mana to heall your partner back up to full.

Solace is the first word in mana stability.

For tank gear, get rogue pieces with tasty stam and some hit/exp on it to get capped, agi/stam in helm if it's a red socket for the meta and then gem stam everywhere else and ench stam like a madman (18 stam patch thingy on gloves, 22 agi on cloak I think and I am pretty sure for druids 10 stats on chest is better than 275hp). It's all druids really have, the HC gunship chest is BiS for drood tanks which is good as it is ez to get and since it's all rogue gear threat should not be a problem.
still new here, didn't wanna piss anyone off

Cire27

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
  • Kill You With Folk
    • last.fm
« Reply #2355 on: 20 Jul 2010, 22:41 »

Are the frost resistance pieces still necessary for Sindragosa with the buff?
You don't wanna get mixed up with a guy like me. I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel.

beat mouse

• The German Chancellory building
  • HEADACHE
« Reply #2356 on: 20 Jul 2010, 22:57 »

frost resist isn't really necessary without the buff, if your raid knows where to position, the most danger comes from arcane damage in phase 3.
you could have been fine, you could have made it, you could licked the lips of god but you chose the pavement.

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #2357 on: 21 Jul 2010, 00:07 »

We never used FrR.

Also, nothing is necessary with the buff. Went into 25 on my warrior today and had 52k hp whilst dpsing. This is seriously over the top.
I would probably be getting laid right now if it weren't for the Jews

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2358 on: 21 Jul 2010, 00:09 »

Yeah, I'm running around with about 47k these days and I'm a friggin' rogue.

clockworkjames

« Reply #2359 on: 21 Jul 2010, 00:37 »

I use frost res still! Chest and ring only. Lets me be really lazy and not move while tanking even if I get to 7 stacks. Got the trink off her last nite so now both tanks have it I see no reason not to start trying it hc25.

tsg is taking some getting used to from playing wld (I get trained like a bitch) but doing more damage than a dbw smourne dk with hc skilltroll and nes spending half matches sword and board is gratifying :-D

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #2360 on: 21 Jul 2010, 20:06 »

Whoohoo.

I'm on the far left  :-)

clockworkjames

« Reply #2361 on: 22 Jul 2010, 17:13 »

GZ, need lk 30 stacks one, hc BP 10 and sindra all you can eat one. But I think those are the 3 hardest ones or something.

Tonight was the first attempts on sindra hc25, 5.3% was our best then we got cursed with people DC'ing or dying in p1. On the best try I honestly thought we had a kill as I looked at the 5.x% hp then realised the only people left standing were a DI'd shaman, a priest and me. Lots of grey all over grid is bad.

30% buff makes me feel like a bad tbh even if some raiders are fucking morons getting carried or thirdworlders DC'ing all the time from their Albanian dialup.

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #2362 on: 22 Jul 2010, 17:55 »

Yeah, my 21k dps on H LDW (25) was a little ridiculous on the 30% buff. It levelled out to a solid 16k by the time we wiped (still ridiculous).

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2363 on: 22 Jul 2010, 18:05 »

I wouldn't be able to handle optimizing an arcane mage, particularly on H-LDW. I'm a perfectionist and an awful lot of being the best mage you can be is estimating just how far you have to stretch your mana bar. Lord knows I'd end up cutting it close only to have my guildies go "DERP" and get themselves blown up by ghosts, sending things into serious mana conservation territory. Annoying.

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #2364 on: 22 Jul 2010, 18:18 »

I get lucky sometimes and the druids will throw me an innervate. Other than that, mana gems all the way, blow evocate every time it comes off CD or when it's definitely needed (I'll either blow it early so I have it back for when I hit 20%, or just wait it out and use mana gems to keep it up). I'll also only do two or three AB's if I need to save the mana.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2365 on: 22 Jul 2010, 18:33 »

It's all manageable right up to the Innervates thing. Me playing a mage would end up in a long trail of burned bridges and angry druids.

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #2366 on: 22 Jul 2010, 19:28 »

Heroic princes is really easy, and I didn't find the sind one hard either.

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #2367 on: 22 Jul 2010, 20:52 »

Yeah, I never ask for innervates, because they tend to throw them at themselves or other healers in need. But if I'm standing there looking useless I do occasionally get one or the shammies throw their mana totems down.

clockworkjames

« Reply #2368 on: 23 Jul 2010, 00:37 »

I never been in a raid where we had a good setup to do blood princes 10 hc so I never got a chance which sucks as 25man hc has been on farm since early 20% buff. As for the other 2 achies we just never tried em I dunno how hard they are, just thinking about it seems like sindra one is hard for tank swaps on only 4 stacks, a keyboard turning prot pala MT means I have been left holding the bag on three times as many stacks in the past. I can only guess the LK one is slow dps in p1 stretching it out for as long as possible?

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #2369 on: 23 Jul 2010, 01:37 »

You just run the first disease out of the group and cleanse it away entirely, so enough mobs stack up that you don't run out of them. Then go as normal but with slow/no dps until the disease gets stacked up. Only danger is your tanks getting absolutely wrecked.

Do you try to do princes with a lock tank or with regular tanks? It's absurdly easy to lock tank.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2370 on: 23 Jul 2010, 05:36 »

Unless I really need it, I try to use innervate on other casters, especially if I have pots and whatnot. On my shaman, I've been keeping up my mana totem, but that's because my mana regen right now is abysmal. I would invest in new gear, but what's the point when you're levelling up pretty fast and would only use new pieces for a week or two.

Cire27

• Kill You With Folk
    • last.fm
« Reply #2371 on: 24 Jul 2010, 06:07 »

I kind of hate the fact that I've only just now started raiding this late in the expansion.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2372 on: 26 Jul 2010, 05:13 »

I've just started playing again. Just been having fun finishing up quests and getting cracking with the rep grinds. I'm gonna need to start on the whole endgame content train at some point, but my guild has disintegrated whilst I was away and I'm not quite at the def cap yet, though I'm fairly sure I can reach it easily by getting all my gear enchanted, and maybe some better rings and some rep gear. I think I'll just find some social levelling guild and wait to start running heroics with the other casuals. As always, I find myself drawn more towards secondary goals (getting a motorbike! fishing and cooking achievments! PETSSSSSS!) than hardkore 1337 raiding. What's the minimum unbuffed HP for a 5-man heroic tankadin?
« Last Edit: 26 Jul 2010, 05:16 by KharBevNor »
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

clockworkjames

« Reply #2373 on: 26 Jul 2010, 10:41 »

I think I had about 22k hp UB on my first successful naxx clear, that was after farming hc's for ilv 200 gear.

As for 10 man I got stuck on keleseth this week and we killed them pretty easy (lol 30%). Guild has 2 warlocks neither of whom do 10 mans, 25hcsindra dies tonite, then only hc lk on 10 and 25.

Also since not having dbw I ditched arp gear and I am going str/crit for pvp so I should have 1200ish resil and 5100ap and 38% crit which should be about 6kap and 40% crit tsg buffed, I figure this many wizards arp is kinda loose.

beat mouse

• HEADACHE
« Reply #2374 on: 26 Jul 2010, 11:05 »

What's the minimum unbuffed HP for a 5-man heroic tankadin?

this is the wrong question, paladins have so many tricks and bubbles and there are some great trinkets (reg nerub and TOC) that will allow you to hit the heroic defense cap of 535, and after that you can farm heroics quite rapidly. Once I hit the heroic cap I was in 4/5 t9 after one day of farming, and within a week was tanking raids and doing hardmode achieves.
you could have been fine, you could have made it, you could licked the lips of god but you chose the pavement.

clockworkjames

« Reply #2375 on: 26 Jul 2010, 12:09 »

Sindra 25 hc is easy as piss until 15% when it all goes tits up.

Fucking dragon.

Cire27

• Kill You With Folk
    • last.fm
« Reply #2376 on: 26 Jul 2010, 13:19 »

Khar if you have enough gold you can buy some crafted gear and that will put you up nicely.  You can also run the ICC5-mans on normal and they drop some nice tanking gear.

When I first started doing heroics on my tankadin there were druid healers that complained that there health was higher than mine.

beat mouse

• HEADACHE
« Reply #2377 on: 26 Jul 2010, 13:45 »

I occasionally got complaints about low HP counts but they stopped when I was doing 8k DPS without dropping past 40%.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2378 on: 26 Jul 2010, 15:11 »

I love pally tanks. Why I have not made one yet is beyond me, but I love running things with them. Maybe that'll be my next character after I finish leveling my shaman...

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2379 on: 26 Jul 2010, 16:31 »

I've just started playing again. Just been having fun finishing up quests and getting cracking with the rep grinds.

I wouldn't go out of your way to hit Exalted in reps unless you like doing the dailies for gold and fun anyway. The epic stuff is really, really easy to replace now that the ICC5 mans are in and a lot of them aren't really all that much better than the blues you can get for Honored and Revered. The Tabard system helps get the rep out of the way, but these days you'll usually be raking in new gear too fast too really care much about the rep stuff by the time you hit exalted. The only one I'd say that's really vital to get is Revered in the Argent Crusade. That'll let you get the 37 Stam/20 Defense rating helm enchant, which is basically irreplaceable and you'll also get access to the Special Issue Legplates, which are a nice stopgap until you have some badges and heroic gear under your belt. The other reputations are basically optional for tanks. The Sons of Hodir faction is nice if you want the Greater Inscription of the Pinnacle, but it's not really necessary when you consider that many tanks prefer the PvP inscription. 10k honor is really, really cheap these days. A little goofing around on a holiday weekend and you'll have enough for a couple enchants and some gems besides.

Most of all, don't worry about jumping into 5 mans too early as long as you hit the defense cap. At this point, it's really easy to overgear 5 mans even if the tank is a weak link. Me and a healer two manned Anub'Arak the other day in Azjol-Nerub, for example, and I'm just a rogue.
« Last Edit: 26 Jul 2010, 16:54 by Alex C »

clockworkjames

« Reply #2380 on: 26 Jul 2010, 16:59 »

Only LK to go hc on 10 or 25, can't be fucked going more than 11/12 hc 10/25. Don't see the point because I know it's gonna be more trouble than it could possibly be worth.

Also horn of winter and BoK don't stack so buffed and trink/ring/wep procced I got 7882ap minus 5% armour worth of 3/3 armoured to the teeth is 7860ap which sounds almost feral druidy. Burst to blow shit up is cool and so is not needing to worry about min-maxing of arp. Just need wrathful pants when we grind rating this week and I should have 1200 resil, is tough on 20 games one night a week :(

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #2381 on: 26 Jul 2010, 17:44 »

Quote from: Alex C link=topic=20726.msg9527
Most of all, don't worry about jumping into 5 mans too early as long as you hit the defense cap. At this point, it's really easy to overgear 5 mans even if the tank is a weak link. Me and a healer two manned Anub'Arak the other day in Azjol-Nerub, for example, and I'm just a rogue.

Thing is, I haven't really been in a dungeon full stop for about a year, plus WoW (or my server anyway) seems to have got completely unforgiving of the unexperienced. Gearscore, link achievments etc. I'm only really interested in gearing for endgame so I can be shit-hot for the release of Cataclysm. Although it will probably be personally fun for me to get the end-game dungeons and raids down first time, I think it'lll be much more fun to crack into new content when it's actually new.

In other news, 50 Pets. yussss.
« Last Edit: 26 Jul 2010, 17:48 by KharBevNor »
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2382 on: 26 Jul 2010, 19:06 »

Yeah, people will dicks about some things, but well, fuck those guys. The important things is knowing the fights, really. Checking out some basic info about the instances you're heading into and doing most of 'em on normal once or twice first should get you up to speed. Once upon a time most every one but Sunwell/Black temple raiders was in your gearing situation, after all, so it's not like the content isn't doable. Still, I can see where you're coming from. It's supposed to be a game, not some thing you fire up so people can bitch at you for having only 22k health.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #2383 on: 28 Jul 2010, 07:38 »

If I have a def rating of 529, decreasing chance to be hit or critically hit by 5.16%, and 153 resilience (reducing chance to be critically hit by 1.62%), is that is good as being at the def cap through raw defence?

The resilience is off the super epic horde medallion, I had to spend the fucking honour points on something.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2384 on: 28 Jul 2010, 13:26 »

For the purposes of being uncrittable, yes.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #2385 on: 28 Jul 2010, 16:56 »

Isn't that basically the point of the def cap as a benchmark though?

kemon

• Furry furrier
  • seriously
« Reply #2386 on: 28 Jul 2010, 17:00 »

yes, but defense gives other benefits on top of the uncrittable.  going past the "defense cap" isn't bad per se.  you just get more benefit from pure dodge/parry after you're uncrittable. 
biting's excellent.  it's like kissing, only there's a winner.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2387 on: 28 Jul 2010, 17:30 »

Yeah, it's technically more accurate to call it the defense soft cap* or "uncrittable," since defense never really loses all of its value in achievable gear. I just replied the way I did so some goober can't come in and start giving me shit for green lighting resilience as a tanking stat. Point for point, resilience reduces your chance to be critted more than anything else, actually. It just doesn't do much else as far as PvE is concerned, which is why people don't stack it.

Anyway, the PvP trinket actually isn't a bad band-aid solution at all. Unless your a jewelcrafter your trinket options before heroics and emblem gear really, REALLY suck. At least that trinket will let you just slap in higher item level gear without having to juggle as much defense rating just to stay uncrittable. You'll still obviously want to get the Corroded Skeleton Key and the Glyph of Indomitability when you can, but as far as immediate solutions go it's a good one.

*Nobody really does this.
« Last Edit: 28 Jul 2010, 21:20 by Alex C »

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #2388 on: 28 Jul 2010, 17:56 »

Yeah, I'm talking about the def cap as a bare minimum requirement for tanking heroics. Obviously I will eventually be looking to stack as much defence as I possibly can.

clockworkjames

« Reply #2389 on: 30 Jul 2010, 12:35 »

Obviously I will eventually be looking to stack as much stamina as I possibly can once crit immune.
Fix'd.

Get 5.6% reduction of chance to be crit via defence and perhaps a little res, then you stack stam like a mad cunt.

At least until you have BiS and stuff then you can think about min/maxing.

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #2390 on: 02 Aug 2010, 05:51 »

Fuck yeah 25man Kingslayer! :D

clockworkjames

« Reply #2391 on: 02 Aug 2010, 12:03 »

GZ, I remember my first lk 25 kill, was such an anticlimax cuz it seems so easy once you stop playing with cripples.

Also holy shit

Yakob

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #2392 on: 02 Aug 2010, 15:37 »

There should be an achievement for that shit.

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #2393 on: 02 Aug 2010, 16:31 »

We'd been trying Sindy on Heroic for a couple of nights, closest that I saw us get to was 26%. We ended up doing it on normal last night just to finish the raid and it was such a cakewalk.

I had a bit of "WTF WHY ARE WE ALL DEAD! WE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG, EVERYONE WAS ALIVE" moment at the end of the LK fight because I hadn't watched any of the videos or anything, so I had no idea what was going on. Good thing common sense prevailed and I didn't release because Arthas was yapping.

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #2394 on: 02 Aug 2010, 20:06 »

That part was idiot-proofed. If you try to release, soulstone rez, or ankh during the RP it won't let you because "The Lich King owns your soul."

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2395 on: 05 Aug 2010, 06:07 »

After many a cracked egg full of cobra hatchlings and tickbirds, I finally got a proto-drake whelp pet. I feel like I'm getting closer to the green proto-drake...

clockworkjames

« Reply #2396 on: 06 Aug 2010, 11:47 »

I am now an orc.

sup.

Cire27

• Kill You With Folk
    • last.fm
« Reply #2397 on: 06 Aug 2010, 13:06 »

Woo Horde.

Why the race change?

clockworkjames

« Reply #2398 on: 07 Aug 2010, 06:15 »

Was dorf, then cow, then noem then orc.

My guild (Who I FC'd for in the first place after they contacted me when I was sitting guildless in dala) got 11/12 hc 25 then stopped raiding for summer so I switched back to play with friends.

It is good to be back.

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #2399 on: 11 Aug 2010, 22:58 »

plus WoW (or my server anyway) seems to have got completely unforgiving of the unexperienced. Gearscore, link achievments etc
This is why I'm starting to hate WoW.  My server too, you can't get a group for something unless you have either a 5.5k GS, the achievement(s), or both.  I've got 10/12 ICC experience, but only killed 7 of the bosses.  I count the other three bosses because I know the mechanics of their encounters and what to do for my role, groups I've been in just haven't killed them.  And it didn't help either that I went for a two month span where my Internet connection was absolute crap and I couldn't keep a stable connection even in Silithus (even there I was 10k-30k+ latency).

Doesn't fly with the achievement-tards though.  If the boss's name isn't green in your linked achievement, you obviously don't know how that fight works and just want to be carried for gear and suck at the game blah blah, all that crap.

Forgive my jadedness, but that's pretty much my experiences.  I'm almost tempted to just app to a guild again, but looking at my guild experiences over the last five years, I'd almost rather just be on my own and play 'mercenary' rather than deal with the politics and drama of a guild (even the best guilds have crap buried in them).
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 53   Go Up