THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 07:54
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 77   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's have a fashion advice thread.  (Read 934960 times)

RobbieOC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Whachaw!
    • Facebookfacebookfacebook
Re: Let's have a fashion advice thread.
« Reply #800 on: 16 Sep 2008, 15:08 »

Dibs as leader of the pro-cardigan brigade.

Can I be your second in command?

I get to be part of it, too!

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #801 on: 16 Sep 2008, 19:02 »

Manda, as I understand it when you go up/down a band size the cup changes so 34C/30DD are functionally equivalent, right?  Is your upper torso 30 or 34 inches around without boobage?  I am guessing that it is 34 because you say that is your actual measurement, if so then wtf is that webpage doing giving out shitty advice?

So anyway, why is there so much agro argument in here?  I can understand a little bit of back and forth, but biting each others' heads off is uncool. Fashion isn't exactly black & white, and some of the people trying to pass themselves off as some kind of fashionistas in here are pissing me off because in my view some of their fashion choices are ridiculous.  But then again I find most of the fashion that is seemingly popular at the moment all sorts of atrocious, so it shouldn't be a surprise to me.  Here is a small list of my opinions on current fashion trends here in Sydney so that you may observe perhaps how out of touch or whatever I am:

- Neon anything is awful.  It really only works on ridiculously good-looking people, and even then it's more a case of "despite the ..." than "due to the ..."

- Tights worn without some kind of actual pants/skirt over the top makes you look like you forgot part of your clothing before rushing out the door or perhaps maybe an actress from a local playhouse that is currently on a short break and just needs to grab a coffee before heading back to perform again

- Tight jeans work on slim people and that's about it.  Please do not wear them if you are a larger lad/lass, they are not "slimming" as some would have you believe, they make you look like Tweedledum/dee

- At first I didn't overly like the knee-high socks with a short shorts dealio (as opposed to skirt) people are seeming to dig at the moment, but then I went to Japan where basically every girl and her sister is wearing them and I guess it's grown on me due to massive exposure.

- If you wear a large, oversized tshirt with huge words on it you need to realise that that was uncool about two years ago (here, at least) when it first re-emerged from a terrible slumber, blinking and rubbing its eyes, wondering where the 80s went and if anyone maybe has a copy of the latest WHAM! cassette they could dub.

- The massively busy patterned hoodies/tees are kind of growing on me because I like the designs on some of them, but I realise that I am far too old and unhip to wear them without looking like that guy.

- What is with these shoes that look like shiny plastic?  Like tiny cut-off gumboots re-molded into shoes?  Like Duplo toys upsized for people?  They are normally adorned with some kind of neon too, which I've already mentioned is not high on my list of likes.

- High-waisted anything is a highly questionable fashion choice.  High-waisted pants are old lady pants.  Mom jeans are pretty universally fucking awful.

- Suspenders?  Really?  You are going outdoors wearing suspenders?  Huh.

As I say though, that's all just my opinion.  I'm sure that some of you may disagree with any/all of it.  I am hopeful that some of the fashion from Tokyo will come over here soon, because they are getting back into distressed/dirty denim instead of this "solid block of colour that makes your legs look like they are made out of play-do" bullshit that's been around here for the last few years.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #802 on: 16 Sep 2008, 21:18 »

- If you wear a large, oversized tshirt with huge words on it you need to realise that that was uncool about two years ago (here, at least) when it first re-emerged from a terrible slumber, blinking and rubbing its eyes, wondering where the 80s went and if anyone maybe has a copy of the latest WHAM! cassette they could dub.

?

?
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #803 on: 17 Sep 2008, 00:03 »

Is that a picture of your father on your shirt David? because it looks like you, except older, and with a mustache.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
« Reply #804 on: 17 Sep 2008, 00:08 »

er

yeah!
it's time to stop posting

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #805 on: 17 Sep 2008, 03:53 »

Dibs as leader of the pro-cardigan brigade.

Can I be your second in command?

I get to be part of it, too!

Ay, Colonel Liz, Major Robbie. Prepare the troops!
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #806 on: 17 Sep 2008, 04:21 »

Dude Dovey JC's shirt is awesome.  I am talkin' about those fucked-up shirts girls wear to clubs that say something like "THIS AIN'T NO DISCO" or "DIRTY DIRTY HOUSE MUSIC"

Fuck those shirts.

fatty

• FIGHT YOU
    • the Notorious F.A.T.T.Y.
« Reply #807 on: 17 Sep 2008, 04:34 »

Hey so, I thought I would throw in my two cents about mens fashion.

In some ways, it is a lot simpler than ladies, but it is just as delicate, innovative and interesting. There are a few important elements into what I think makes a good look. The right fit, an eye for colour and consistency.

Here are some things I like. You will note there are no cardigans. I'm not a big fan of them, I tend towards smarter and more structured clothing. I look around and wish I saw people dressed like this around. Most guys I see think buying clothes 3 sizes to big is the perfect fit. There is clothing for everyone if you get the right fit.

I really admire this guy's style. It is clean and understated, a perfect fit. He has broad shoulders but he balances his shape really well. He wears shirts that fit him snugly and provide a good proportion.

It may be kind of mono-chrome, but I'm a big fan of more structured clothes. It gives this guy's body the right proportion and look smart. Again those jeans are a great fit. A good dark jean does wonders.

This dude has character. I mean, it is the simplest thing ever, but carefully put together. I am not a big fan of cuff jeans but this looks pretty good.

This dude has the rumpled look to a T. The shirt which looks light and loose and the rumpledness matches the jeans and jacket. The jacket hangs just so and again, is slightly more structured than the shirt.(So hot)

Sure he looks like an angry guy, but his fashion sense is sharp. I don't like the sunglasses, but this guy really knows his fit.

So this guy is a clothing designer, so he knows his stuff. That jacket is his design and I think it is great.

Another great, simple look.
est: she is basically an ass to everyone

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #808 on: 17 Sep 2008, 05:04 »

You will note there are no cardigans. I'm not a big fan of them

TROOPS, ATTACK!

I have to agree with Ali on the fit issue. Being a rather large motherfucker, it's quite hard to find clothes that fit great. But I try!
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #809 on: 17 Sep 2008, 05:16 »

Yes sir!

Thinking about wearing this to a job interview, maybe with black jeans instead.

calenlass

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • queefcicle!
« Reply #810 on: 17 Sep 2008, 06:43 »

Manda, as I understand it when you go up/down a band size the cup changes so 34C/30DD are functionally equivalent, right?  Is your upper torso 30 or 34 inches around without boobage?  I am guessing that it is 34 because you say that is your actual measurement, if so then wtf is that webpage doing giving out shitty advice?

Nah, you would go down one band size and up a cup size, or vice versa, which by the way actually doesn't really work. You should change the sizes of each thing independently of each other. So if going up a band size and down a cup size actually made any sense, she would be able to wear a 36B, a 34C, and a 32D. Those are definitely not interchangeable. Good try for a dude, though! I am impressed!

- What is with these shoes that look like shiny plastic?  Like tiny cut-off gumboots re-molded into shoes?  Like Duplo toys upsized for people?  They are normally adorned with some kind of neon too, which I've already mentioned is not high on my list of likes.

I hope you are not referring necessarily to my yellow patent leather atrocities that I adore and bought a couple of weeks ago. They are so fucking good.

Fatty those boys are pretty good, I would say. The first one's jeans are too tight for my taste, but the rest are excellent.

Dan, you are so dashing. Stop that.
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

Verergoca

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #811 on: 17 Sep 2008, 07:38 »

Good? Not good? Tell me!
Quote from: Dr. Sidney Freeman
Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #812 on: 17 Sep 2008, 07:48 »

I bought suspenders last week, I think they are a good alternative to belts maybe. Does that make me a bad person?

öde

« Reply #813 on: 17 Sep 2008, 07:50 »

Dan, you are so dashing. Stop that.

I'm nowhere near finished yet!

Good? Not good? Tell me!

Very good!

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #814 on: 17 Sep 2008, 08:00 »

Dan,

Erik,

You guys are making me proud.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #815 on: 17 Sep 2008, 08:04 »

I bought suspenders last week, I think they are a good alternative to belts maybe. Does that make me a bad person?

Do you listen to a lot of Oi?

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #816 on: 17 Sep 2008, 08:12 »

great jacket on designer.

That is a pretty great jacket. Who's the guy?

Verergoca I like your jacket too.

I really need a jacket. Where does one buy good cheap jackets (if such a thing exists?)

öde I would wear it buttoned up for a job interview, looks really good.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #817 on: 17 Sep 2008, 09:49 »

I hope you are not referring necessarily to my yellow patent leather atrocities that I adore and bought a couple of weeks ago. They are so fucking good.

I think he's referring to Crocs.

I think that largely because I hate Crocs.

Social Bacon

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #818 on: 17 Sep 2008, 10:23 »

Mens fashion [...] is a lot simpler than ladies

I do everything in my power to try and blow that conception out of the water. It's goddamn difficult though.
I'm not 100% on anything you posted though, they're very close to my style, but not quite there. That's just me though.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #819 on: 17 Sep 2008, 11:42 »

So last term, I wore one of my favourite outfits to college quite a lot and some guy, who I don't know and whose opinions I'm not particularly bothered by, reportedly said that I was a slut because I "dressed like an old woman and must be hiding something".

Now, I know there is a fatal flaw in that logic and I also know that I'm not a slut, so that part didn't bother me, but I thought I'd consult you guys on the outfit to see if it looks as bad as he's implying.

Blue jeans, usually mid-dark although sometimes paler, never black, with flowery red Doc Martens, a coral hooded jumper and a purple tweedish jacket shot through with pink and yellow threads. I'll post a picture if my camera can stop dicking around.

Yes? No? Advice? Is tweed a bad idea? It's not real tweed.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #820 on: 17 Sep 2008, 11:47 »

I think that sounds fine. He's just an asshole.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

RobbieOC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Whachaw!
« Reply #821 on: 17 Sep 2008, 11:49 »

Tweed is awesome. And that is a really strange thing to say about someone.

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #822 on: 17 Sep 2008, 12:28 »

Also, Est, I disagree on the high waisted thing. It really depends on your body type, if you have more of a 'classic 50s' body(Really hour classy with higher hips) it really works. But on people who are heavy or really twiggy, it does not.

Also, the bra thing. Anyone from anywhere knows I have had bra issues since I was pretty young. I've gone from being told I'm a 34C to a 32E in one week(I didn't grow, just incompetence from fitters), upon self measurement I seem to fit best into a 30E, which I cannot buy around here and do not have the option of ordering online right now. However, I lately have been having more and more back problems, and may have screwed up my upper back. Seriously ladies, if you have the option to wear a properly fitting bra, get fitted at a good shop and seriously wear a fitting bra. Pleaaase
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #823 on: 17 Sep 2008, 12:54 »

I do everything in my power to try and blow that conception out of the water. It's goddamn difficult though.
I'm not 100% on anything you posted though, they're very close to my style, but not quite there. That's just me though.

Mens fashion seems so much easier because a lot of people looking at the guy (and even the guy himself on occasion) can just say they were going for the "scruffy/don't care look" as an excuse. I used to do that for most of high school, where I didn't care. Now I care what people think of me.

Question: Hoodies with the sleeves pushed up? yay or nay? I did it because I was washing my hands, but I found that I didn't look half bad, in my incompetent fashion opinion.

Social Bacon

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #824 on: 17 Sep 2008, 14:47 »

Question: Hoodies with the sleeves pushed up? yay or nay? I did it because I was washing my hands, but I found that I didn't look half bad, in my incompetent fashion opinion.
That's what I've been wearing all day. It's a black hoodie with a zippered front that I have half unzipped with a red t-shirt underneath. I usually wear my red and black toque with it but it wasn't cold enough today.

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #825 on: 17 Sep 2008, 15:03 »

My actual upper torso is 30 inches, not 34. After perusing loads of sites and discovering that I can't actually try on a 30DD without ordering it online, I say fuck it.

Also! Hoodies with sleeves pushed up are pretty good, so long as they aren't ugly hoodies to start with.
Denn Du Bist, Was Du Isst   (you are what you eat)
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #826 on: 17 Sep 2008, 15:13 »

Also, Est, I disagree on the high waisted thing. It really depends on your body type, if you have more of a 'classic 50s' body(Really hour classy with higher hips) it really works. But on people who are heavy or really twiggy, it does not.

Yeah I am not sure how I missed this the first time around, but "high waist" trousers are actually not that bad.
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #827 on: 17 Sep 2008, 15:14 »

Also, Manda, FigLeaves.com offers free returns and exchanges.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #828 on: 17 Sep 2008, 15:40 »

I've found that the women in my life consider sleeves on shirts, jumpers or hoodies pushed up to the elbow to be "hunky".  It helps if it's a prelude to washing up, of course.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #829 on: 17 Sep 2008, 15:47 »

I was once told, while I was wearing a button-up shirt with the sleeves rolled up, that I looked like I was ready to go toss some clay. It was kind of an odd observation.

EDIT: This was a reference to pottery, not some bizarre sexual kink.
« Last Edit: 17 Sep 2008, 15:50 by jhocking »

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #830 on: 17 Sep 2008, 15:50 »

Yeah right Joe Hocking. We all know that you have a large vocabulary. of sexual terms.
Liz is touching me.

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #831 on: 17 Sep 2008, 15:58 »

Do you listen to a lot of Oi?

Not really. Maybe I should?

Honestly, I think grey-ish trousers, a white shirt and suspenders would look really good with an appropriate hat. I haven't tried it yet, because all my white shirts are not available at the moment.

fatty

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #832 on: 17 Sep 2008, 17:03 »

- The massively busy patterned hoodies/tees are kind of growing on me because I like the designs on some of them, but I realise that I am far too old and unhip to wear them without looking like that guy.

Ok I disagree. The more I see the loud hoodies the more stupid they get.

great jacket on designer.

That is a pretty great jacket. Who's the guy?

Michael J Krell - But I don't that jacket is in stock anymore. His clothes are quite pricy.

I don't know why it matters to you, but really; I was just referring to the huge range of items and style in womens fashion. Mens fashion has strong basic principles; from length of tie and cuff, to appropriateness of a black suit, and the right shoes. Womens fashion is basically all over the place.
Anyway, why don't you post pictures of your style?

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #833 on: 17 Sep 2008, 17:38 »

I've found that the women in my life consider sleeves on shirts, jumpers or hoodies pushed up to the elbow to be "hunky".  It helps if it's a prelude to washing up, of course.

Ok, so now I am envisioning:
Lady: "Honey, why are your sleeves pushed up?"
Man:  "Because I have been industrious!"
Lady: "You don't say!  How so?"
Man:  "I've washed the dishes, put out the trash & put the kids to bed"
Lady: *swooooon*

Er, actually I guess I say this mostly from experience (minus the kids bit).

Ali, some of those outfits I either already do or would be likely to wear.  The top photo could be me on the weekend, I like the jacket in the second photo but I am not sure I could pull it off right due to scruffiness and the bottom photo is basically how I am currently dressed at work.

Dan & Erik, you both look pretty good!  Dan's look is definitely more "I am trying to impress for a jorb interview" which is exactly what he's doing, so good good.  Erik's is more casual but pretty stylish.

Manda, I believe that Heather has some good things to say about FigLeaves too.  She's bought stuff there and sent it back a few times trying to get things right.  She told me that it really does make a difference in both boobage appearance and apparent weight (I say apparent because obviously breasts will always weigh the same amount, but I guess a better-fitted bra will help distribute the weight more evenly and thus make it seem like they are lighter)

Katie, I have been bra shoppin' with Heather a few times, so I guess I have absorbed something at least.  And when I talk about those plasticky shoes I mean more like joggers and casual shoes that look like they are constructed out of melted-down kids toys held together with mesh and/or superglue.  Also, re: the high-waisted pants issue, I respectfully disagree.  Perhaps there are some that are not awful but I hate the three pics linked that you said were supposed to look good.

Social Bacon

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #834 on: 17 Sep 2008, 17:41 »

Quote from: fatty
words

Now I apologize for the bluntness, but you really need to stop responding in such a bitchy fashion. It's not very enjoyable to read and you've done it to several people in this thread already. Thank you.

As for my style, I have posted a fair number of examples and discussed it quite a bit. The reason that I lack pictures of myself is because I find myself without a proper camera. Perhaps I will attempt some pictures tomorrow with my cell phone; I would try now but the lighting is quite awful in my dorm without the sun.

fatty

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #835 on: 17 Sep 2008, 17:48 »

Oh what the FUCK, PEOPLE. I could show you bitchy and it will hurt a lot more.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #836 on: 17 Sep 2008, 17:50 »

Ali has not been bitchy, I do not now whose posts you have been reading.
Liz is touching me.

Social Bacon

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #837 on: 17 Sep 2008, 17:56 »

It is wholly possible that I am grossly misreading things, but starting a response of with "I don't know why it matters to you..." in a discussion thread gives me a vibe of bitchiness. If I am incorrect then I apologize.

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #838 on: 17 Sep 2008, 18:02 »

Honestly, I think grey-ish trousers, a white shirt and suspenders would look really good with an appropriate hat. I haven't tried it yet, because all my white shirts are not available at the moment.

It does look good!

I'm kind of biased, as I dress like this sometimes. Suspenders look great when they're worn properly, IMO. Especially with a nice flat-cap or mini-fedora.

Also, anyone else here make their own stuff?

I design clothes as a hobby sometimes, but most of it's not really very conventional. I'll take some photos when I can.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

Nodaisho

« Reply #839 on: 17 Sep 2008, 20:51 »

I guess it is not so much the season to need it anymore, but there is an article of clothing I have been wondering about. Now, the reason I ask this is I feel just about naked without a layer on over my shirt. Currently I have fleeces, fleece-lined jackets, hoodies, a field jacket, and my oft-mentioned duster. I especially like my duster, but it is the heaviest thing I have, not the warmest, that goes to the fleeces, but uncomfortably warm in anything above 70-75 degrees Fahrenheit. I live in Colorado, where it gets to be in the 90s during summer, and takes a few months to get to the point where it is consistently cool enough to wear anything much heavier than an overshirt. So, getting to the point (finally), does anyone know of really light long jackets? If not, what is everyone's opinions on unbuttoned overshirts? I am thinking a muted color, brown or green probably. White would be a welcome color change, but white with black boots... I'm not sure if that would look good, though it would be nice and cool even in the sun.
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

Verergoca

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #840 on: 18 Sep 2008, 00:18 »

Ok I disagree. The more I see the loud hoodies the more stupid they get.

Uhm, I have to agree with Fatty on this once. I had someone wearing one of those walking past me when i was looking through the viewfinder of my camera. Clothing that comes very close to giving me epileptical attacks should be banned by the Geneva Convention.
Quote from: Dr. Sidney Freeman
Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #841 on: 18 Sep 2008, 00:30 »

Guy with rolled up sleeves and forearm tattoos

While I don't really like the guy in the picture, I generally find guys dressed in business clothes with rolled up sleeves and tattoos coming out from under the shirt sleeves ridiculously attractive. I'm not sure what it is, but yeah, tattoos and rolled up sleeves. Hot.

oh hey, pagebreak
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #842 on: 18 Sep 2008, 04:09 »

Yeah I am the same, as long as it isn't a lame/shit tattoo. And I guess it doesn't really have to be business clothes. Example, my hot boss has a half sleeve koi fish tattoo that is really lovely which you can often see peeking out from his short sleeved work shirts.  It kills me.

Maybe it's just because good tattoos on hot guys make them like seventy million times more attractive to me.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #843 on: 18 Sep 2008, 05:41 »

Also, re: the high-waisted pants issue, I respectfully disagree.  Perhaps there are some that are not awful but I hate the three pics linked that you said were supposed to look good.

You would not believe how difficult it is to find decent photos of women from the 1940s wearing trousers. But that is the style I was going for. Because I like it.

Professor Snuggles

• Only pretending to work
« Reply #844 on: 18 Sep 2008, 09:38 »

High waisted pants can look amazing on the right person. On most people they don't.

This thread is teaching me that est has very conventional taste in fashion.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #845 on: 18 Sep 2008, 09:57 »

Guy with rolled up sleeves and forearm tattoos

While I don't really like the guy in the picture, I generally find guys dressed in business clothes with rolled up sleeves and tattoos coming out from under the shirt sleeves ridiculously attractive. I'm not sure what it is, but yeah, tattoos and rolled up sleeves. Hot.

I was totally that guy yesterday. Except I was even moving stuff around, so I wasn't just walking around with the sleeves rolled up. I had a real reason to roll them up. Also, vests are not breathable, at all.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #846 on: 18 Sep 2008, 17:49 »

This thread is teaching me that est has very conventional taste in fashion.

I have gone shopping and tried on a bunch of more "fashionable" clothing but I hardly buy any of it because it feels like I am trying too hard.  You might be able to get away with trendier stuff because you're young and already have the indie dude look about you, but I basically see myself as a t-shirt and jeans guy.  If I want to dress up it's a dress shirt and jeans, maybe some nice shoes.  I'll swap the hoodie for a nice jacket.  Occasionally I will break out and buy something a bit more trendy, but I'll usually only get a few wears out of it before I realise I don't like it.

Also, I was thinking about a few of the fashion styles in this thread and realised that in my opinion what I said about the neon clothing craze that's thankfully dying out now is true for a lot of things, even most couture stuff.  A lot of the things I see look good on the person simply because that person is already quite attractive and the ridiculous outfit they are wearing does not change that.  They make it work by virtue of being an amazingly beautiful or at the very least a remarkably well-proportioned person.

RobbieOC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Whachaw!
« Reply #847 on: 18 Sep 2008, 23:38 »

Conventional is good! I'm the same way, really, in that my wardrobe slowly evolves from one thing to another, and never gets real far away from what I guess would be called a "normal" look. Like est said, t-shirts and jeans and hoodies to relax in and button-ups and slacks to work in. It is understated, but still good, as far as I care. Actually, I think the understated bit is why it appeals to me so much.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #848 on: 19 Sep 2008, 01:25 »

I had never heard of figleaves. Thank you, internet; my boobies love you.

(OH and Katie, I went to Macy's to try on this bra as per your suggestion of balconette bra, and the lady is like WHAT you are not that size HERE is a G. So um. It had apparently been a while since the last time I got fitted and/or the other fitters sucked. Thank you)
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

fatty

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #849 on: 20 Sep 2008, 09:55 »

I will probably get hated-on for this, but I'm bringing back short shorts and heels.

Click here and here
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 77   Go Up