THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 16:19
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Overrated Bands  (Read 290181 times)

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • oh hi
Re: Overrated Bands
« Reply #200 on: 14 Aug 2008, 12:30 »

is'nt that the guy from fugazi?

how did he contribute to the creation of emocore?

Please learn to use Google and Wikipedia before you post any more.

Thanks.
Man, this thread really makes me want to suck some cock.

dalconnsuch

« Reply #201 on: 14 Aug 2008, 12:39 »

so is that how you find out all your useless trivia zerodrone?

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #202 on: 14 Aug 2008, 12:45 »

No.  I already know everything about every band ever.

Wasteroo

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • RMB RMB RMB RMB
    • my music
« Reply #203 on: 14 Aug 2008, 12:57 »

Chinese Whispers

I have never regretted looking up a word on UrbanDictionary more than now
I have a huge hillbilly boner for banjos

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #204 on: 14 Aug 2008, 13:11 »

Quote from: Wikipedia
The name "Chinese whispers" reflects the former stereotype in Europe of the Chinese language as being incomprehensible

TOMMY YOU RACIST BASTARD.   :x

Catacombs

« Reply #205 on: 14 Aug 2008, 13:23 »

Chinese Whispers

I have never regretted looking up a word on UrbanDictionary more than now

Fuck, i got curious too  :|
Seriously.  You know who's big on milking good deeds for PR points?  God.

Pixar: More Classy than God.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #206 on: 14 Aug 2008, 13:48 »

I figured it was something like Telephone, but damn if I had to go look it up on Urban Dictionary too.

I now know something I wish I didn't.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #207 on: 14 Aug 2008, 14:10 »

Chinese Whispers would make a great band name.

Wasteroo

• RMB RMB RMB RMB
    • my music
« Reply #208 on: 14 Aug 2008, 14:43 »

Not now it wouldn't, unless you're into naming bands after obscure double entendres.
In that case, it would be cooler to name your band 'Steamy Aunt Jemima' anyway.

Quote from: Wikipedia
It is little-used in the United States and may be considered offensive... However, it remains the common British name for the game.

The British refuse to subscribe to your 'racist stereotype' shit.
« Last Edit: 14 Aug 2008, 14:52 by kouhei »
I have a huge hillbilly boner for banjos

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #209 on: 14 Aug 2008, 15:47 »

Guys, the two wildly differing sexual meanings of 'Chinese Whispers' are blatantly fake.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #210 on: 14 Aug 2008, 16:45 »

Why do people have to do this kind of shit?  (making up stupid shitty new terms for convoluted things)  It is really fucking annoying and clogs up things like UrbanDictionary with absolute crap.  The premise of UD is quite good, but as with most things that the general populace can edit with impunity it's turned to shit.

Anyway, Dalconnsuch can you maybe talk like a regular human being from now on?  That would be fucking ace.

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #211 on: 14 Aug 2008, 16:51 »

Ahh, oh man.

This thread is.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

Leonidas

• Furry furrier
« Reply #212 on: 09 Oct 2008, 09:22 »

AC/DC over rated?  I don't think anyone over the age of 16 thinks of them as anything more than a band that has made some very retarded but quite fun music and made one retarded and -incredibly- fun album, Back in Black, and then proceeded to try to make it over and over again for the next thirty years.

I will fight you sir. I will fight you with my fists.
She looked me over and I guess she thought I was all right...
All right in a sort of a limited way for an off night.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #213 on: 09 Oct 2008, 11:34 »

Well THAT was a curious bump.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Catacombs

« Reply #214 on: 09 Oct 2008, 14:14 »

The first post on this page still wins it.

Trashole

« Reply #215 on: 10 Oct 2008, 15:10 »

Upon reading/ responding to the particular forum, one has ultimately entered themselves into an argument.(whether it be knowingly or not) Based on this, “we” should dissect  and discus said topic as the argument for which it stands for.. Logic is necessary for this process, seeing as logic is the science of argumentation. This subject clearly falls under deductive reasoning, as it cannot be 100% certain. The major problem standing in front of us at this point is simply the fact that music is emotional. Music, even just the word, evokes emotion instantaneously in human beings. Emotion, in logic, is to be thrown away. That being  said, an individuals “feelings” are not to be accepted as truths, for example, comments such as “ The Beatles, I just don’t get it”. You are living in the 21century, of course you don’t get it, and you don’t have to. Your emotional experience with a band (or lack there of) has nothing to do with it being “overrated”.  In 1964 the Beatles held twelve positions on  Billboard Hot 100 singles chart, including the top five positions, which has never been accomplished by any other band or artist to date. By October 1972, the Beatles’ worldwide sales total stood at 545 million units. In a matter of years they were the number one selling artists of their time. They influenced musical culture, not just England , but around the world. They had 13 no.1 hits in Malaysia! Those are just the facts, you can look them up on Wikipedia. Now, my point here is; to say any band is over rated, based on personal opinion, is all fine and dandy. But; when it comes down to the facts you may  find yourself, just plan wrong. And that, is why emotion is not used in logic. Also, there is a difference in being overrated and highly rated.

Just looking at it from a different angle…..did I stretch it to far?
I need to stop drinking whiskey.
I fucking hate the Beatles.
That’s right, I said it.

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #216 on: 10 Oct 2008, 15:24 »

That was rather serious.  But it's not a surprising answer. 
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Trashole

« Reply #217 on: 10 Oct 2008, 15:37 »

Thank you for your words of wisdom! I do appreciate them.
On the other hand, I guess what I was trying to say was that this topic, rightly, should be analyzed logically, not emotionally.
I suppose emotionally is more fun, though.

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #218 on: 10 Oct 2008, 19:59 »

The problem with objectiveness in this case is that no one can agree on any set standard outside of bands that fall at the farthest point on either side of the spectrum.  The Beatles, I think, can definitely be agreed on, but any group smaller than, say, Jefferson Airplane (to use another classic rock example), might cause a lot of pointless argument.
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

MadassAlex

• Bling blang blong blung
  • "Tasteful"?
« Reply #219 on: 10 Oct 2008, 21:13 »

Well, it's the only way that makes sense, really. If we are doing this logically we would have to deduct that whatever bands are the most popular are the best, seeing as more people like them - and that is not the case, at least if you ask for my subjective opinion.

Popularity is just a series of subjectivities. The only real objective measure of music is technicality, and that doesn't always say much.

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #220 on: 10 Oct 2008, 21:48 »

Cuz then there's the whole technicality versus emotionality debate.  Yngwie can play several thousand notes a minute, but Stefan Koglek (Colour Haze) will play 6 notes over 3 measures, and affect me more than Yngwie.  Even technicality itself is debatable, because there's the speed-is-important vs. speed-is-not-important.  Quite a few of the drummers I know will place Sean Reinert and Danny Carey over Flo Maunier and Derek Roddy in terms of technical ability, but even more metalheads and crust punks I associate with will tell me otherwise.

MadassAlex

• "Tasteful"?
« Reply #221 on: 10 Oct 2008, 21:55 »

Technicality is not a matter of opinion at all, it simply has different aspects and people value those aspects differently. Speed is one aspect of technicality, for instance, while harmonic complexity is another. And so on and so forth. A metal guitarist playing a blazing sextuplet run at 220 bpm isn't necessarily less or more technical than the jazz player playing a progression involving eight different basic chords, plus numerous variations.

It's a matter of valuing different aspects of technicality, unless you're in Atheist.

Not that I claim that music should be measured objectively, ever, because that defeats the purpose of the art-form right there.

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #222 on: 11 Oct 2008, 07:39 »

it simply has different aspects and people value those aspects differently.

That's essentially what I was trying to say, yeah.  It will still cause lots of arguments.

KeepACoolin

• Furry furrier
« Reply #223 on: 04 Feb 2009, 18:28 »

I did a search before making this and there was a thread but it was around 3 years old so I decided against necroposting.

It seems to be a mistake I've seen happening in this thread, and I think I need to put it here. OVERRATED DOESN'T MEAN BAD

So overrated bands.

Led Zeppelin
Foo Fighters (I tried to like them. Some of it's good some of it's just mediocre)
Mute Math
Liars (Jesus H I saw them open for Radiohead and wanted to stab my ears out)

I'm sure if pressed I could come up with more, but this is just music I have on my computer that I glanced through.

I'm sure this topic has been beaten to death by now, but I just started up and Led Zeppelin is by far and away my favorite band.  I think that they are largely overlooked by people under thirty today, and especially people under twenty (which I am).  I only really started to listen to Zeppelin about four years ago and they blew me away.  To listen to their music late at night is frickin' TERRIFYING.  They are actually frightening.  The music is like a tidal wave.  It's so organic but so heavy and powerful.  John Bonham more or less inspired me to finally start playing drums again.  He is the best rock drummer in history. I know that Neil Peart and Mike Portnoy might have better technical chops (although I don't know about Peart, he's overrated), but Bonham invented being a rock drummer.  He was much more disciplined than Moon, with a better sound.  Moon may have been more complicated, but that's only because all he ever played was fills.  Bonham's fills were as good, Moon just wouldn't stop.  Bonzo took the basic idea of playing drums for a band (keep the rhythm, support the other instruments), but made it much more technical, heavier, and threw in fills that are still outstanding.  And he was capable of playing at ridiculous speeds with only one foot on the bass drum.  I don't think I need to be a Jimmy Page apologist, and Robert Plant is not my favorite singer, but John Paul Jones has gotten the shaft for too long: he was an amazing musician.  He was inventive and clever on some of their more experimental passages (a la The Lemon Song, Traveling Riverside Blues, Dazed and Confused) and was capable of following along with Page on a bass.  That in itself is impressive, but it was an awesome idea stylistically as well.  It made the guitar leads heavier and stronger, backing them up and underscoring them.  Zeppelin took the blues and made something incredible out of it.  I love the blues, but blues artists never had the same vitality and urgency that Zeppelin did.  They took old tropes and cliches from the blues and turned them into something brand new and gripping.
Keep a coolin' baby.

SrMeowMeow

• Plantmonster
« Reply #224 on: 04 Feb 2009, 18:52 »

Led Zepplin and the Beatles are my big two. Led Zepplin just does nothing for me (ok, Stairway, yes, but besides that) and the Beatles, when I can think of them objectively instead of as a cultural building block, just don't really excite me. They have plenty of good songs but no distinctive sound that rocks me.

Catacombs

« Reply #225 on: 04 Feb 2009, 19:51 »

Led Zepplin and the Beatles are my big two. Led Zepplin just does nothing for me (ok, Stairway, yes, but besides that) and the Beatles, when I can think of them objectively instead of as a cultural building block, just don't really excite me. They have plenty of good songs but no distinctive sound that rocks me.

If "Stairway to Heaven" is the one song you like by Zeppelin, you're obviously doing something wrong.

kyleg

• Plantmonster
« Reply #226 on: 04 Feb 2009, 20:46 »

Yngwie Malmsteen

SrMeowMeow

• Plantmonster
« Reply #227 on: 04 Feb 2009, 22:01 »

If "Stairway to Heaven" is the one song you like by Zeppelin, you're obviously doing something wrong.

That is definitely a lie.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #228 on: 05 Feb 2009, 02:53 »

Yngwie Malmsteen

Who overrates Yngwie Malmsteen?

Who likes Yngwie Malmsteen
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #229 on: 05 Feb 2009, 06:32 »

They have plenty of good songs but no distinctive sound that rocks me.

That's probably becuase their sound was pretty out-there... in 1963-1970.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

KeepACoolin

• Furry furrier
« Reply #230 on: 05 Feb 2009, 18:18 »

Hugely wrong.  Stairway is nowhere near their best.  When The Levee Breaks, Achilles Last Stand, The Ocean, In My Time of Dying, Black Dog, How Many More Times, Traveling Riverside Blues, Since I've Been Loving You, Whole Lotta Love, and Over The Hills And Far Away are all better, and that was just off the top of my head.
Keep a coolin' baby.

fifthfiend

• Larger than most fish
  • Huffalump
« Reply #231 on: 05 Feb 2009, 23:37 »

I'll put a dollar on Going to California and, um... the Viking song.

KeepACoolin

• Furry furrier
« Reply #232 on: 06 Feb 2009, 04:20 »

I'll put a dollar on Going to California and, um... the Viking song.
Do you mean No Quarter or the Immigrant Song?  (i.e., the short, dun-da-da-DA-dun one, or the seven minute long one with synthesizers)
Keep a coolin' baby.

SrMeowMeow

• Plantmonster
« Reply #233 on: 06 Feb 2009, 07:08 »

Hugely wrong.  Stairway is nowhere near their best.  When The Levee Breaks, Achilles Last Stand, The Ocean, In My Time of Dying, Black Dog, How Many More Times, Traveling Riverside Blues, Since I've Been Loving You, Whole Lotta Love, and Over The Hills And Far Away are all better, and that was just off the top of my head.

I don't see how we're even having this conversation...most of those songs are exactly why I think Led Zepplin is overrated. Telling me what songs I should like isn't going to make me like them. I like Stairway because it's epic, rockin' shit, but these other songs don't do it for me. The only other song I particularly enjoy is All My Love.

kyleg

• Plantmonster
« Reply #234 on: 06 Feb 2009, 13:41 »

We'll assume you don't enjoy blues. Zeppelin are tried and true masters of the Blues.

SrMeowMeow

• Plantmonster
« Reply #235 on: 06 Feb 2009, 13:45 »

Man...why are you all up on my case  :-P this thread is ABOUT bands that we think are overrated. It's not like I busted into some Led Zepplin appreciation thread and ruined the vibe. I just don't like them that much, and therefore think they're overrated since many people think they're amazing. Like, When the Levee Breaks - when that comes on, I change the song. It's not pleasant to listen to. And yes, I like the blues. I just don't like the combination of whiny voice + scratchy guitar, and I don't think their songs are very catchy or moving or interesting.

I mean, come on. Lord of the Rings references. How visionary can you be  :wink:

KeepACoolin

• Furry furrier
« Reply #236 on: 06 Feb 2009, 13:49 »

Well, the point of Zeppelin was essentially not to be catchy. 

But, anyway, you're right, this is about overrated bands: the Beatles, Nirvana, the Ramones, and the Smiths.  I like the first two at least a little bit (Dave Grohl's drumming, anyway), but the Ramones and Smiths are AWFUL.
Keep a coolin' baby.

KeepACoolin

• Furry furrier
« Reply #237 on: 06 Feb 2009, 15:19 »

The question is not about coolness, it's about being an overrated (i.e., musically) band.  And the Ramones were horrible musicians and wrote bad music.  Plus, I don't think the Ramones were even a cool band.  Look at us wear leather jackets and sunglasses indoors!  We're so freaking punk rock!

The Clash were much better musicians and much cooler.
Keep a coolin' baby.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #238 on: 06 Feb 2009, 15:50 »

fun fact: Joey Ramone is just a persona that was temporarily adopted by the immortal Quasimodo before moving on to pretend to be some guy named Michael Phelps.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

KeepACoolin

• Furry furrier
« Reply #239 on: 06 Feb 2009, 15:56 »

The Ramones wrote cool music for attractive people. They were very cool. All the time.

They were so cool.
I could be wrong, but I think you made a Strong Bad reference. 

As for the Ramones, in the immortal words of Ron Burgundy, "Agree to disagree."
Keep a coolin' baby.

Wardial3r

« Reply #240 on: 07 Feb 2009, 01:33 »

Might be a little late to say it, but I guess I could be considered a Coldplay orifice worshipper(o0).  Well not to that point, but I really like them.  They aren't anything groundbreaking or new, but they make interesting catchy songs, where all their albums have very different sounds while not losing what they sound like.  It's easy to listen to and enjoyable.  Who knows.

I do enjoy Led Zeppelin, a lot more of their softer simpler stuff than their long long long songs, but I usually have a short attention span for music.  I really like Thank You, and That's The Way especially.  Similair in the vein to coldplay, they are ejoyable to me and I don't think I could find a mood where a Zeppelin song wouldn't fit what I wanted to listen to, but I'd say they are overrated.  I don't view them as gods, and think that is a ridiculous statement.

For overrated i'm putting some things out there that haven't been much said. 

Lil Wayne.  Nonsensical lyrics, spoken unintelligibly, with too much autotune to hear any voice that he might have.  Calling himself the best rapper alive?  Really?

Josh Homme - Queens of the Stone Age was mediocre rock, Make it Wit Chu I enjoyed a little bit, but not anything I'd actually want to listen to.  Nothing exciting to see here, move on.  Kyuss just bored me.  And what the hell is eagles of death metal even trying to do.  Anyways.  Just Me.

Red Hot Chili Peppers get wayyy too much attention for having a singer who can't hit a single note.

ImRonBurgundy?

• "That's all," he added.
« Reply #241 on: 07 Feb 2009, 04:40 »

Man...why are you all up on my case  :-P this thread is ABOUT bands that we think are overrated.

It's called "having a discussion".

And if you call The Ramones "bad musicians" you are obviously a philistine.  The biggest part of what makes them so great is that they thought they were writing and producing accessible, catchy pop songs that would be huge hits, but had no idea how accessible, catchy pop songs that were huge hits were written and produced in the 70's.  Listen to every Ramones album from the self-titled to End of The Century, and you'll notice that the latter is not only the most "musically proficient", but also the worst.  Also, the fact that they looked more goofy than cool, though they tried so hard to look cool--is part of their appeal.

Joe Strummer called the Ramones' first album "one of the most fabulous records ever made."
« Last Edit: 07 Feb 2009, 04:46 by ImRonBurgundy? »
You just came back to shit in my heart, didn't you Ryan?

eddie

• Furry furrier
« Reply #242 on: 07 Feb 2009, 06:10 »

The Sex Pistols sparked the bands of both Ian Mackaye and Henry Rollins.

This is actually the truth

KeepACoolin

• Furry furrier
« Reply #243 on: 07 Feb 2009, 08:37 »

Man...why are you all up on my case  :-P this thread is ABOUT bands that we think are overrated.

And if you call The Ramones "bad musicians" you are obviously a philistine.  The biggest part of what makes them so great is that they thought they were writing and producing accessible, catchy pop songs that would be huge hits, but had no idea how accessible, catchy pop songs that were huge hits were written and produced in the 70's.  Listen to every Ramones album from the self-titled to End of The Century, and you'll notice that the latter is not only the most "musically proficient", but also the worst.  Also, the fact that they looked more goofy than cool, though they tried so hard to look cool--is part of their appeal.

Joe Strummer called the Ramones' first album "one of the most fabulous records ever made."

Joe Strummer, despite being an okay guitarist (Mick was better), does not have the best taste in music.  Punk rockers were more interested in angriness of the lyrics.  And I mean that the Ramones were BAD AT THEIR INSTRUMENTS.
Keep a coolin' baby.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #244 on: 07 Feb 2009, 08:38 »

Part number a: I love Johnny Ramone's guitar playing for its sheer simplicity.

Part letter 2: I'm listening to the new Animal Collective album and it FUCKING SUCKS. Stop pissing your pants over them, seriously.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

ImRonBurgundy?

• "That's all," he added.
« Reply #245 on: 07 Feb 2009, 09:48 »

Joe Strummer, despite being an okay guitarist (Mick was better), does not have the best taste in music.  Punk rockers were more interested in angriness of the lyrics.  And I mean that the Ramones were BAD AT THEIR INSTRUMENTS.

Are you serious?  There is so much wrong with this post that I don't even know where to begin.
You just came back to shit in my heart, didn't you Ryan?

KeepACoolin

• Furry furrier
« Reply #246 on: 07 Feb 2009, 11:16 »

You can't compare the musical talent of the Ramones to almost anyone else.  They're comparable to the Sex Pistols in terms of sheer musical badness.  Drums: play sixteenth notes on the hihats, quarter notes on bass and snare.  Guitar: random downstrokes (playing in a coherent time signature not necessary).  Bass: sixteenth notes on any one string.  There: the Ramones.
Keep a coolin' baby.

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #247 on: 07 Feb 2009, 11:18 »

musical talent is directly correlated with technical skill

You're a huge Rush fan, aren't you?

KeepACoolin

• Furry furrier
« Reply #248 on: 07 Feb 2009, 11:26 »

No, I'm not.  And I didn't say what you quote me as saying. 

Technical skill is a prerequisite, but it is not the end-all-be-all of music.  The Ramones can't play their instruments better than twelve year old girls.  Therefore, I do not like listening to them.

My favorite band is Zeppelin.  They are very good musicians, but not the best.  I dislike Rush, because they disregard the process of writing songs that people enjoy listening to.  However, I do like Dream Theater and Liquid Tension Experiment, who are better than Rush in terms of musicianship, but are totally awesome prog rockers who write very interesting music.  I also really love The Black Keys, who are not the best musicians, but are good and write material that I love to listen to.  I really don't like punk (except for The Clash), because it emphasizes overly simplistic music with angry political lyrics.  Punk is the ultimate in attitude over talent.  But I also don't want it to be all talent, no attitude.

Oh, by the way, I can't stand the Nuge.  Can't stand him.
Keep a coolin' baby.

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #249 on: 07 Feb 2009, 12:04 »

Technical skill is a prerequisite, but it is not the end-all-be-all of music.  The Ramones can't play their instruments better than twelve year old girls.  Therefore, I do not like listening to them.

Do you realize how oxymoronical this statement is? Your statement still boils down to "I don't like The Ramones because they can't play their instruments" even after you say musical skill is not the be-all end-all of music. By the way, The Ramones probably did play their instruments better than 12-year-old girls could. Hell, I prefer The Clash to The Ramones because I think they wrote better songs, not because they were better at their instruments than The Ramones.

I really don't like punk (except for The Clash), because it emphasizes overly simplistic music with angry political lyrics.  Punk is the ultimate in attitude over talent.  But I also don't want it to be all talent, no attitude.

Sorry, but I have to call absolute complete bullshit on this  attitude. Sure, you may be talking about '77 punk when the genre was still gestating. But to write off all punk as "attitude over talent" is stupid. To discount punk is to discount everything that came afterwards (and that includes most indie rock)--take bands like Mission of Burma, Husker Du, Fugazi, et cetera. Each of these bands could and did play fast and had to some degree that "punk" attitude, but their musicianship was also a league above the average garage punk band. And the music they made is absolutely timeless.

Punk rock showed that you need not have incredible musical skill to make good music. Inversely, I don't think you need to be bad at your instrument to be in a good punk band.

TL;DR Go crack open a copy of Our Band Could Be Your Life.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up