THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 16 Apr 2024, 06:13
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wired article about QC...sorta  (Read 6645 times)

madkayaker

Wired article about QC...sorta
« on: 18 Aug 2008, 19:24 »

Hey Jeph, just wanted to let you know you've been featured in Wired Magazine's "Geekdad" blog, as one of "10 Great Webcomics Not to Share With Your Kids." Not sure if this is a triumph or not. Either way, I'm making a note here: huge success.

Link: http://blog.wired.com/geekdad/2008/08/10-geeky-webcom.html

Mad Cat

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Master of my domain, but not of my range.
Re: Wired article about QC...sorta
« Reply #1 on: 18 Aug 2008, 19:48 »

There was also a reference to QC made on the Steampunk blog website http://steampunkworkshop.com/ around the time Marten had the discussion with Dora about the Society for Creative Rock Anacronism.

Link: http://steampunkworkshop.com/scra-webcomic-questionable-content-invents-most-awesome-band-ever

Bet Jake von Slatt is wondering when that will get mentioned again, but I'm content to wait.
The Quakers were masters of siege warfare.

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #2 on: 19 Aug 2008, 00:56 »

That article listed Cyanide and Happiness but not Dr. McNinja or Dinosaur Comics. I am profoundly if only slightly disappointed.
Quote from: Sox
I think it's because your 'age' is really only determined by how exasperated you seem when you have to stand up.

Quote from: KharBevNor
PEW PEW PEW FUCK OFF SPACE

tuna ketchup x

« Reply #3 on: 19 Aug 2008, 05:34 »

That article listed Cyanide and Happiness but not Dr. McNinja or Dinosaur Comics. I am profoundly if only slightly disappointed.

Yeah, WTF? CnH is a one-trick pony, offensive for the sake of being offensive (not that there's anything wrong with that.. it just gets old). Dinosaur Comics rules, and though I've only started getting into Dr. McNinja, it's way better than CnH. Maybe because there isn't enough swearing and/or boobies in either of those comics? Still, I doubt most kids under twelve would be able to get the references in DC.

Still, that list gave me some new titles to check out.

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #4 on: 19 Aug 2008, 15:33 »

Dinosaur Comics isn't that innappropriate for kids.
Hate, rain on me

GenericName

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Noooooooo
    • DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: 19 Aug 2008, 20:52 »

It's really funny how the comments are all either "I can't believe you didn't include ________!!!!!!!!!!!" or "Props, we both like _______!"

Also, CAD? What?
Sometimes I see a terrible post so I click and look back at every post that person has ever made. That is why I never have time to actually post things.

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #6 on: 19 Aug 2008, 21:12 »

CAD= Ctrlaltdel-online.com

GenericName

• Noooooooo
    • DeviantART
« Reply #7 on: 19 Aug 2008, 21:44 »

I know. The "what" was incredulity.
Sometimes I see a terrible post so I click and look back at every post that person has ever made. That is why I never have time to actually post things.

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #8 on: 19 Aug 2008, 22:04 »

Ah, gotcha.

A '!' might not have cleared it all up, but it would have added some explanatory value.

tuna ketchup x

« Reply #9 on: 20 Aug 2008, 05:32 »

Dinosaur Comics isn't that innappropriate for kids.

Yeah, but would kids really "get" it? Depends on how old they are I guess.

Also OMGWTF where is A Softer World??!!?/11 2/3 of the time it's lame and emo but occasionally they just hit the fuckin' mark. And their best strips are definitely not kid safe.

Doug S. Machina

« Reply #10 on: 21 Aug 2008, 01:49 »

Also OMGWTF where is A Softer World??!!?/11

Agreed, but more to the point, where's Something Positive?

Also, what about Scary Go Round? Actually, that might work for kids. Kids with a good vocabulary maybe.
Man, if I was the sort of person who quoted things like that in my signature, I'd quote that it my signature.

GenericName

• Noooooooo
    • DeviantART
« Reply #11 on: 21 Aug 2008, 08:30 »

More important! Where's Anders Loves Maria! It's like the last thing I would ever show to my kids!

AND WHERE'S OCTOPUS PIE OMG

Sylens21

« Reply #12 on: 21 Aug 2008, 09:02 »

Hey Jeph, just wanted to let you know you've been featured in Wired Magazine's "Geekdad" blog, as one of "10 Great Webcomics Not to Share With Your Kids." Not sure if this is a triumph or not. Either way, I'm making a note here: huge success.

Link: http://blog.wired.com/geekdad/2008/08/10-geeky-webcom.html

Is it hard to overstate your satisfaction?

Immersion

« Reply #13 on: 22 Aug 2008, 11:37 »

Ugg, it peeves me that CAD keeps making these types of lists. It's just so damned inane and cookie-cutter. Admittedly, it is the standard by which all other cookie-cutter comics go by, but is it really a good thing to be the king of all the sheep?
Octopus Pie is fantastic, and I'm super excited about the new color in McNinja, mainly because it's the colorist from my favorite adult swim programming ever (you should all check out Venture Brothers). I never got into DC. As far as other comics with the acronym DC go, Dresden Codak is terribly clever and beautifully done.
Pages: [1]   Go Up