THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 09:15
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does today's strip look kind of blurry?  (Read 7365 times)

Dizzious

• Not quite a lurker
Does today's strip look kind of blurry?
« on: 12 Aug 2008, 19:41 »

Hey everyone, first post here and I aplologize if the topic has already been covered; but I can't help but notice that today's strip looks... different. It's blurry or something? Anyone ense noticed that?

Now, it mayb be because i have approx 90oz of Genesee brassmonkey's in me at the moment; but I don't think it's because i'm tipsy - yesterday's, and other previous strips, look much clearer. It's only today's that looks blurred, or out of focus. 

Jeph, is your much-bragged-about Cintiq malfunctioning? What's goin on here? This confuses me.

MillionDollar Belt Sander

• 1-800-SCABIES
Re: Does today's strip look kind of blurry?
« Reply #1 on: 12 Aug 2008, 19:45 »

You can find out if it's your screen or not by visiting  www.r33b.net   They have a series of tuning diagrams on the site so you can gauge your blur.

I suspect however sir, that you may be one sip over the line.   Happens to the best of us.   :)

moreno

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #2 on: 12 Aug 2008, 19:47 »

i came to the forum to ask the same thing.

todays comic is blurry.  why?

Dizzious

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #3 on: 12 Aug 2008, 19:49 »

Yeah; but it's weird - I know it's not my screen; I'm actually ahh... bit of a computer technician, for a living... i work for Dell, actually :P

Plus; all the other strips look normal - it's only today's that looks funny. It's as though motion blur got turned on or something; or as though the strip was originally drawn in Flash with the urhmm.... gradual lines; or whatever.

Edit; yes; your Drll dude is posting on the internets while he's drunk off of 40' ouncers mixed with OJ. Dude, you're getting a Dell!

edit again: Wow, $Million Belt Sander... I just clicked your link. way to make me laugh my ass off. futurama rules.
« Last Edit: 12 Aug 2008, 19:54 by Dizzious »

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #4 on: 12 Aug 2008, 19:54 »

Normally I'd throw in an anti-Dell insult (because fuck Dell ;)  ), but yeah, it looks blurry. 

For the doubters, we're talking about comic 1207, which was posted at least an hour early, rather than 1206, wherein Hanners bumps her head.

It looks like it was saved in a different format before being posted.

Dizzious

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #5 on: 12 Aug 2008, 19:59 »

Normally I'd throw in an anti-Dell insult (because fuck Dell ;)  ), but yeah, it looks blurry. 

Yeah dude, seriously, they need some better bureaucrats or somethin... the way they run the company is pretty fcked up. I used to hate dell too; but when I started workin on computers for a living and being inside of them every day... it lead me to pick up a job working for them because their machines are actually engineered pretty well; their laptops are the easiest things to repair ever - or at least, the ones that were made recently (3 years ago or newer) are. A lot of people have suuuuch bad luck with them though, I htink the company is just cursed. Not that it really matters... computer's a computer, most of the problems are the fault of microsoft's AWESOME WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEM...

sweeet jesus this got off topic quick. right, blurry comic. comic. comic.

EDIT: wow i just read the rest of that and it's blurry but, most hilarious qc i've read in a while.
Maybe it's just blurry cause it's someone's dream.
« Last Edit: 12 Aug 2008, 20:02 by Dizzious »

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #6 on: 12 Aug 2008, 20:55 »

I read this thread before seeing the comic.  I half-expected it to be an obviously-blurry sequence from the POV of Hanners, but I guess it's just a regular ol' comic that happens to have some blur about it for some reason.  Curious!

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #7 on: 12 Aug 2008, 21:07 »

Yeah, it's not a really up front and obvious thing.  More like I failed to clean my glasses today rather than that I have glaucoma.

fallax

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #8 on: 12 Aug 2008, 21:27 »

I noticed it when I first opened QC, went to a different strip to be sure it wasn't my screen, then read the strip thinking it would have some sort of reference about the blurriness maybe having to do with Hanners. Now I'm just stumped.

moreno

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #9 on: 13 Aug 2008, 00:19 »

and now it is not blurry anymore.

its like going from dvd to blu-ray
 :-o

Dizzious

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #10 on: 13 Aug 2008, 06:22 »

and now it is not blurry anymore.

its like going from dvd to blu-ray
 :-o

Or from 480 to 1080 and then everyone's like "omg that WAS blurry"

I'm glad you said that though cause I woke up half an hour ago and looked @ the strip and thought for a few minutes that maybe I was just hammered.  :angel:

bicostp

• Beyoncé
« Reply #11 on: 13 Aug 2008, 07:44 »

their machines are actually engineered pretty well;

Except the old Dimensions and Optiplexes from before they got off their bender and realized that proprietary everything pisses people off. (Especially when they use an ATX connector with non-standard pins on the motherboard, so when end users who don't know any better install a replacement power supply they fry the motherboard.) Of course you also have all those stupid mandatory hard drive brackets, pieces of green ductwork, and weird purple clamshell cases that someone can slam on your forearms while you're replacing a hard drive...

Fuck those things. :x

The comic's not blurry now; how bad was it? Like this? Or this? Maybe this?
« Last Edit: 13 Aug 2008, 07:50 by bicostp »

britMonster

• Furry furrier
« Reply #12 on: 13 Aug 2008, 10:46 »

Probably about the first one. Not horrible, but enough to notice a little.
britMonster is all hot and bothered by the thought of febreeze.

you're invited : www.lost.eu/75505

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #13 on: 13 Aug 2008, 17:41 »

Yeah, it was the first one.  Enough that you notice it, but not so much that you don't say, "Wait... what?  What's wrong?  Is it my eyes?  The ow!"

viatriphop

• Emoticontraindication
  • ~ wah wha wha
    • ~~~
« Reply #14 on: 19 Aug 2008, 08:29 »

I did not notice.
~~~~~

Dizzious

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #15 on: 27 Aug 2008, 21:24 »

their machines are actually engineered pretty well;

Except the old Dimensions and Optiplexes from before they got off their bender and realized that proprietary everything pisses people off. (Especially when they use an ATX connector with non-standard pins on the motherboard, so when end users who don't know any better install a replacement power supply they fry the motherboard.) Of course you also have all those stupid mandatory hard drive brackets, pieces of green ductwork, and weird purple clamshell cases that someone can slam on your forearms while you're replacing a hard drive...

Fuck those things. :x

The comic's not blurry now; how bad was it? Like this? Or this? Maybe this?

I agree. Proprietary pisses me off quite a bit. A dremel comes in handy when working with proprietary crap. Notice, however, that I did specifically only praise their more recent models - which are much more standardized. They're actually upgradeable now too - no more buying a cheap tower with plans to upgrade it only to find that it lacks a 16x pci-e slot and only has two dimm slots. If you get a bottom-barrel Vostro tower these days, for like $270, it's got all that stuff... the motherboards they're sticking in those puppies are even compatible with quadcores. I've been doing a TON of repair jobs for laptops with Nvidia graphics cards though; that glitch with the G84 and G86 graphics chips is really hitting hard. Lots of people complaining of blurriness when those suckers start to die, haha.

It was about as blurry as this - http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9462/bigfootisblurrygf6.jpg Just enough to make one think that their eyes aren't focusing properly or something. Maybe Jeph was just screwing with us... maybe one of these days he'll upload the strip as a .gif which gradually changes from clear to blurry and back again or something similar. I know if I had a popular web comic, I'd screw with my readers sooo much.

EDIT: Eeek. I've been at my job for way too long... I can't even post on a forum anymore without sounding like a damn Dell ad. Sorry 'bout that, folks...
« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2008, 21:38 by Dizzious »
Pages: [1]   Go Up