THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 15:48
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who will be the villian in the next Batman movie?

The Joker (again)
- 2 (2.7%)
The Mob
- 2 (2.7%)
Poison Ivy
- 0 (0%)
Catwoman
- 8 (10.7%)
Ra's al Ghul and the League of Assassins
- 1 (1.3%)
Bane
- 5 (6.7%)
Clayface
- 4 (5.3%)
Firefly
- 1 (1.3%)
Harleyquinn
- 4 (5.3%)
The Mad Hatter
- 3 (4%)
Man-Bat
- 1 (1.3%)
Mr. Freeze
- 3 (4%)
The Penguin
- 8 (10.7%)
The Riddler
- 18 (24%)
The Scarecrow
- 4 (5.3%)
Ventriloquist and Scarface
- 5 (6.7%)
Other (Let me know if you want me to add someone to the poll)
- 6 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Dark Knight (SPOILERS START ON PAGE 3)  (Read 153016 times)

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
Re: The Dark Knight (SPOILERS START ON PAGE 3)
« Reply #400 on: 25 Aug 2008, 19:45 »

I know, that was what confused the hell out of me.

Dissy

• The German Chancellory building
  • The only asshole in the internets
« Reply #401 on: 26 Aug 2008, 14:56 »

All three actually showed up in a Civil War tie-in of Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man where the ETMD Mysterio took over the school Parker worked in, the cousin of Beck Mysterio appeared to fight the so-called imposter and the original showed up as a kind of zombie thing.

Yes, but is Beck really dead then?  Or was it all a dream, or perhaps a new fourth Mysterio?  [sarcarsm]DRAMA![/sarcasm]

Actually, Bane was always meant as an Anti-Batman, and they have handled him well thus far.  Bane being this giant muscle-looking dude was the only flaw with him.  Although, I thought Cane was better, and his angle probably would fit into Nolan's universe better, League of Shadows already introduced, revenge for killing Ra's.  He could have the funding to send several other villians (like Deathshot, Killer Croc Versiom 1.0, etc) after Bats, while trying to finish the job Bats originally was supposed to do fro the League.
Quote from: Tommy on Gabbly
i'm not paying for your boob jon
Quote from: Darryl
I fuck at typos
Quote from: Squiddy
but you haven't sig quoted me yet kevin
Quote from: Darryl on meebo
9 inches is pathetic by today's standard

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #402 on: 30 Aug 2008, 04:20 »

Well I finally got around to seeing The Dark Knight. Firstly, who the fuck takes little kids to see a film like this? Onto things that actually have to do with the film. Overall I thought it was great, not amazingly, fantastically, Oh-my-god-spontaneous-orgasm great, just great. I'm really glad they got rid of twoface at the end, just because it means I wont have to put up with looking at that CGI any more, that was the only thing in the entire film that broke my suspension of disbelief. Though I had a bit of trouble understanding why Batman's sonar vision was able to help him see that entire abandoned building, I mean what was there a mobile phone straightly placed in every room so that he could see?

Probably my favorite bits of the film were the pencil trick, and "The first hit should never go to the head, it makes them all fuzzy and they don't feel the next couple of hits."

As for any sequels I would really like something where the police and the government are the main villains, but I can't really see how that would have any real plot, or satisfactory conclusion.

What I see as far more likely is that being a fugitive is so difficult that Wayne has to retire the batsuit, and this either leads to such a rise in general crime rates that they have to make a request for batman to come back, though this might be a little to Hancock-esk, or the city lives normally until a new main villain appears causing batman to have to come out of retirement and fight both the police and the new villain.

either that or Gordon's continued support of batman is exposed and he is fired, to be replaced by someone completely bent, possibly the girl from this one, who twoface let live. 
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #403 on: 04 Sep 2008, 17:43 »

I know it is sort of old hat now, but Aaron Eckhart has come out to say that Harvey Dent/Two Face is dead.

"I asked Chris that question. He goes, 'You're dead.' Before I could even get the question out of my mouth, 'Hey Chris, am I...' 'You're dead.' "

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck
« Reply #404 on: 04 Sep 2008, 18:51 »

What does he know

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #405 on: 04 Sep 2008, 19:32 »

Seriously.   Kirsten Dunst thinks Spider-man* should die and MJ should have his genetically altered babies.

*  Comma the amazing.

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #406 on: 04 Sep 2008, 19:38 »

For the record, it's not like Eckhart came out and decided this. Upon attempting to ask Nolan about Two Face, Nolan immediately cut the guy off and said "No, he's dead. Not coming back. Dead. Dead forever."

If I were to believe that from anyone, it'd be Nolan.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck
« Reply #407 on: 04 Sep 2008, 19:39 »

Eckhart has the best judgement

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #408 on: 08 Sep 2008, 18:16 »

Michael Caine says it's going to be Depp playing The Riddler and P.S.H. playing The Penguin.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #409 on: 08 Sep 2008, 18:19 »

Ugh if it's true. Hopefully Nolan can rein in Depp. I don't need another Willy Wonka.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

CarrionMan

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • The RP Syndicate
« Reply #410 on: 08 Sep 2008, 18:22 »

I think Schwarzenegger should play Dr. Freeze again. Just for kicks.
"I am accusing war. I am accusing man. I am accusing universal stupidity."

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #411 on: 08 Sep 2008, 18:33 »

"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #412 on: 08 Sep 2008, 19:40 »

That was just an executive who mouthed off to him...they're probably pushing Nolan to do something like that, but until I hear it as coming from Nolan himself, I won't believe any rumors.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #413 on: 08 Sep 2008, 20:55 »

“When Christopher [Nolan] said we were going to do ‘The Dark Knight’ next, I didn’t what that meant in Batman terms,”

It's hard to take something seriously as a journalistic source when they produce dreck like that sentence.

I'm pretty sure they meant it to be:
“When Christopher [Nolan] said we were going to do ‘The Dark Knight’ next, I didn’t know what that meant in Batman terms,”

Seriously, don't they hire editors over there?  Okay, how about just proofreaders?  For shit's sake.
« Last Edit: 08 Sep 2008, 20:57 by Surgoshan »

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #414 on: 08 Sep 2008, 23:19 »

Could be worse. My local newspaper once accidentally cut the word "victims" out of a story so the end of a sentence read something like "long history of supporting rape."
« Last Edit: 08 Sep 2008, 23:23 by Whipstitch »
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Bayley

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #415 on: 09 Sep 2008, 13:46 »

Could be worse. My local newspaper once accidentally cut the word "victims" out of a story so the end of a sentence read something like "long history of supporting rape."

i lol'ed.

Betagold

• Emoticontraindication
  • THERE WILL BE NO EGGS OF ANY KIND!!
« Reply #416 on: 11 Sep 2008, 14:12 »

I say we cast Jim Carrey as the riddler again.  Just for kicks.

Seriously, I really hope they don't cast Johnny Depp.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online
« Reply #417 on: 11 Sep 2008, 19:33 »

Depp as the Riddler is just so.....easy. It would be a bad choice because it would be blatant type-casting and therefore blatantly unoriginal and uninteresting. Depp's interpretation will surely be something we've seen a million times before from Johnny Depp. The great thing about Ledger's performance was that it was totally out of left field for him, which is part of the reason why it was so frightening/unsettling and compelling. Depp as the Riddler would lack that element completely and the whole time we'd be like, "oh look, it's Johnny Depp." As for Ledger, I was consistently like, "holy shit the Joker is terrifying and psychotic and really pretty mesmerizing." Topping Ledger is going to be nigh impossible and type casting someone for the next role is not the way to do it. Even if there wasn't some sort of pressure to top Ledger, Depp would still be a bad choice. I know you were joking, but I honestly think Jim Carey would be a better choice for the Riddler than Depp at this point. Carey at least has come into his own somewhat and made some very good movies and played something of a variety of roles. I'd pick him over Depp any day and if Nolan really does go with Depp, and I find it hard to believe he actually will, I'll be severally disappointed. 
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

carrotosaurus

• Anarchy in black.
    • ct indie
« Reply #418 on: 12 Sep 2008, 07:54 »

I completely agree. Depp is the same character in everything. Also, I think the Riddler would be a mediocre villain choice.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #419 on: 12 Sep 2008, 08:24 »

Um, what? I mean, I know this is all mostly in jest, but damn. Johnny Depp would be too big of a distraction for you because he's too distinctively Johnny Depp but this would be less of a problem with Jim Carrey? The same Jim Carrey who is mostly tly good at mugging, physical comedy and a schizoid send up of golly gee whiz innocence? That's not to rip on Carrey, by the way; he's excellent at choosing parts that play to his strengths, but I just find the idea that'd he'd be less distracting than Depp to be a bit of a stretch-- the guy's not exactly a chameleon. Eternal Sunshine was good and all, but it wasn't that big of a stretch for him either. Same with the Majestic, which was essentially a Capra homage. At least Depp has Gilbert Grape, Donnie Brasco (decent movie) and Blow (boring movie but not really Depp's fault) to give him a little breathing room from the kinds of parts he normally plays. Jim Carrey has, god help him, the Number 23, a movie I've never seen people enjoy without the MST3K treatment.

Anyway, neither Depp nor the Riddler would be my first choice, but if they went that route I could easily see it being a non-apocalyptic scenario depending on how they handled it.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #420 on: 12 Sep 2008, 08:57 »

True story:  I was really burnt out after 4/20 (we played bong chess) and fell asleep during that movie.  I still knew what happened though, which is odd.
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #421 on: 12 Sep 2008, 09:18 »

No one's complained about Philip Seymour Hoffman playing the Penguin yet. I think there's a reason for this. My theory: Because he would be awesome as the Penguin.

Hollow Press (my blog)

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #422 on: 12 Sep 2008, 09:23 »

People were talking about him being a penguin before Dark Knight even came out, actually.  Not the producers, mind you, just the fans trying to guess how Nolan would do it.

carrotosaurus

• Anarchy in black.
    • ct indie
« Reply #423 on: 12 Sep 2008, 10:16 »

I think the important thing to keep in mind here is Depp hasn't had a unique role in ages, and every movie he's done in the last 5 or so years he's just been relying on his offbeat charm to get him through every role. Then again, he's not as bad as Hugh Grant.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #424 on: 12 Sep 2008, 10:30 »

True story:  I was really burnt out after 4/20 (we played bong chess) and fell asleep during that movie.  I still knew what happened though, which is odd.

what is bong chess?!

I MUST KNOW
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #425 on: 12 Sep 2008, 10:42 »

It's when you take a couple ounces, a package of rolling papers, a 5-pack of Dutch Masters, duct tape, 15 people, and all the glass or Macgyver'd paraphernalia that those people own. 

1. Get everyone and everything together.
2. Have people start rolling joints and blunts and/or Macgyvering some more paraphernalia.
3. You make an 8x8 grid on the carpet/tarp with the duct tape.
4. The biggest pieces/bongs are the kings/queens, then the bishops, knights and rooks in that order.
5. Pawns can be whatever, but by this point if you haven't used up the blunts they're either bowls or joints.
6. The two people who contributed the most amount of plant are team captains, and get to pick two others to help them out.
7. When a piece is taken, it is lit by the team that took it, passed to the other team, and then around the circle of spectators.
8. When the game is over, the winning team starts the remaining pieces and passes them again to the other team and around to the spectators.
9. Order 12 Pizzas and watch The Sword in the Stone.

Side note: we had a 2.5 foot homemade bong, two gravity bongs, 3 1-footers, a zong, 7 or 8 blunts, 6 bowls, 1 bubbler, and the rest joints.  Afterwards we smoked some more (a friend of mine, who can be seen in one of the videos in the skateboard thread in ILF, had a quarter of Northern Lights) and just did whatever.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #426 on: 12 Sep 2008, 11:03 »

whoa
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #427 on: 12 Sep 2008, 11:07 »

I should also add that we won.  In 20 moves or so, no less.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #428 on: 12 Sep 2008, 12:43 »

holy...

Hollow Press (my blog)

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #429 on: 12 Sep 2008, 16:56 »

I completely agree. Depp is the same character in everything. Also, I think the Riddler would be a mediocre villain choice.

Captain Jack Sparrow <> Raoul Duke

Check out fear and loathing.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #430 on: 12 Sep 2008, 17:32 »

Raoul Duke is infinitely better than Cap'n Jack.

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #431 on: 12 Sep 2008, 17:44 »

I think that's meant to signify 'not equal to'.

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #432 on: 12 Sep 2008, 18:28 »

That's what it means, yes.  My point was that Johnny Depp has played multiple characters.  Yes, he's played the same three characters in those three Disney movies.  And he's been given a lot of dark roles (Sweeney Todd, Sleepy Hollow, Edward Scissor Hands), but he hasn't always played the same character.  If you think he can only play one character, watch an episode of 21 Jump Street, jump to Fear and Loathing, then get high with Captain Jack*.  He's a damn fine actor.  Plus, he's really good.

*  Damn I'm good.  Get the link?  Get it?

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #433 on: 12 Sep 2008, 20:09 »

As long as that ridiculous leotard isn't involved, this could work.  I also kind of see Robert Carlyle being able to do this.

johnny5

• FIGHT YOU
  • pug pug pug
« Reply #434 on: 13 Sep 2008, 15:50 »

i seriously think we should just forget the riddler and penguin. use deadshot as a small character...wasn't there a batman storyline that involved him against some kind of corrupt mayor or something? that would be more realistic

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #435 on: 13 Sep 2008, 16:19 »

I think the riddler is a pretty obvious choice, actually.  Recast him as a PI brought in by the city to help catch the batman.

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #436 on: 13 Sep 2008, 16:35 »

I think we need the Eggman and a mechanical spider if we want a really good film.
Quote from: Sox
I think it's because your 'age' is really only determined by how exasperated you seem when you have to stand up.

Quote from: KharBevNor
PEW PEW PEW FUCK OFF SPACE
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up