THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 21:42
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Computer keyboards.  (Read 3076 times)

Chorbalan

• Not quite a lurker
Computer keyboards.
« on: 14 Aug 2008, 21:46 »

I know that Machinae Supremacy uses a commodore chip in their keyboards to give them that particular sound. I know Horse the band does the same (except they fail terribly). Can anyone think of any other bands that have a similar sound?

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
Re: Computer keyboards.
« Reply #1 on: 14 Aug 2008, 22:01 »

Yeah.

Bands and/or artists using older computer chips such as commodores, segas, gameboys etc. generally come under the "genre" of chiptune. The genre itself is pretty broad, and ranges from band orientated stuff like Amanaguchi or Crystal Castles to purely electronic stuff like Random, Nullsleep or Quarta330, which in itself covers most electronic styles like dub, pop, dubstep, techno, breakbeat, glitch, noise etc.

Go here, here and here. Explore the wonderful world of chiptune at your leisure.

All of the releases on the first netlabel are under Creative Commons, so they're free to download. The second site is a "collective" of artists and enthusiasts in the genre, and it hosts many, many releases as well. The third link is a list of a whole bunch more chiptune/8bit netlabels, most of them with lots of albums free to download.

Hope this helps.

« Last Edit: 14 Aug 2008, 22:06 by ViolentDove »
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics
Re: Computer keyboards.
« Reply #2 on: 14 Aug 2008, 23:31 »

Covox
[20:29] Quietus: Haha oh shit Morbid Anal Fog
[20:29] Quietus: I had forgotten about them
Pages: [1]   Go Up