THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 20:49
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you act at concerts?  (Read 16372 times)

pinkpiche

• The German Chancellory building
Re: How do you act at concerts?
« Reply #50 on: 24 Aug 2008, 23:15 »

If there is ever a band worth dropping out of school to see, it is probably... well, no, there's not really a band worth dropping out of school to see.

KIDS, STAY COOL. STAY IN SCHOOL.

One of my professors told me that I should skip class to see Mission of Burma in San Francisco.

Why, oh why, didn't I heed his advice?

Oh I would dismiss all future education for that one moment of sweet MoB.
"Yeah, they're always biting my shit you know how that goes"

billiumbean

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • "Clamsss... Waa!"
« Reply #51 on: 25 Aug 2008, 01:09 »

I'm 6'4 and so are a few of my friends. whatever we do, we annoy everybody behind us. sorry for my superior dna.
You know who else was tall?

Darth Vader.

Just saying...
Quote from: Alex C
I do agree that this could potentially have some dire ramifications in regards to purple drank.

schimmy

• The Tickler
« Reply #52 on: 25 Aug 2008, 01:25 »

Women love a man in uniform.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #53 on: 25 Aug 2008, 05:47 »

I seem to spend most of my time at gigs getting out of the way of other people who have decided to wander from point A to point B. Seriously, like, every gig I go to, I end up standing in what the crowd's decided is the venue's main thoroughfare for that evening. I don't know whether this is because I instinctively and unconsciously head towards those areas in the venue that are marginally less crowded, or because everybody else in the world hates me.

Who am I kidding, of course it's because everyone hates me! Damn people.

lessthanfirst

« Reply #54 on: 25 Aug 2008, 07:23 »

Oh, I forgot about that one. If you are going to talk, do it between sets or between songs if you really must. But during the music it is a big no-no.

Too right. When I saw Forward Russia there were these two guys in front of me blabbing about some bullshit and I thought "look, this awesome band is on their last song and they're ending their show in such a fantastically epic way. Why can't you appreciate it? and shut up, you're distracting me even though you're boring and the band isn't."

I have this thing I like to call the "Almost-Dance" which isn't dancing but nearly. Other than that, I like to be as close to the front as possible am prone to singing [but I do feel guilty about this].

haha ditto. for me it's sort of a stand and nod along thing but my body follows along in the motion and does these little swaying from side to side bits and such.

billiumbean

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • "Clamsss... Waa!"
« Reply #55 on: 28 Aug 2008, 00:13 »

Women love a man in uniform.
I never liked that saying.

In one context, it could mean that multiple women love a singular man in a uniform.

Two, it's not specific enough.  When I hear uniform, two things come to mind; A military uniform, and a janitorial jumpsuit.  Which one of these do women love, exactly?  I mean, if they just love uniforms in general, then oh whoop-dee-doo, women are easily pleased, I never knew that a dress code could be such a turn-on.

And we're talking about Darth Vader.  He doesn't wear a uniform, he wears a state-of-the-art combat-ready life preserver with a built-in respiratory system.  It happens to be black.  And it happens to have a cape.  Stop being so broad, it makes you seem so American.

This is relevant, by the way, I wear a Vader costume to every concert I go to.  Women seem drawn to it for some reason.
Quote from: Alex C
I do agree that this could potentially have some dire ramifications in regards to purple drank.

nIX

« Reply #56 on: 28 Aug 2008, 01:34 »

Depends. With some friends, we just go looking for the moshpit. And with others.. we find a quiet spot, to sit (or stand) and enjoy the music.
That's what I love about festivals, you can just sit down at a metalconcert, and nobody will think you're weird.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #57 on: 31 Aug 2008, 07:24 »

If there is ever a band worth dropping out of school to see, it is probably... well, no, there's not really a band worth dropping out of school to see.

One of my professors told me that I should skip class to see Mission of Burma in San Francisco.

IDIOT.

I took three days off of classes last fall to go to Boston and see The Lawrence Arms/The Falcon/Sundowner/American Steel. It was a BRILLIANT show.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

theoryC

• Furry furrier
« Reply #58 on: 31 Aug 2008, 09:59 »

I just stand there and watch, maybe bob my head or tap my foot a little bit.  If people start ramming into me I usually try to ram them back, but in a way that says "Watch where you step, or you're fucked."

MobyDickhole

• Larger than most fish
  • I'd rather be procrastinating
« Reply #59 on: 31 Aug 2008, 10:42 »

It really depends on the venue for me...

I enjoy shows the most when I can connect to the musician and get a feel for how into the music they are.
So I hate being way in the back...
I also hate going to any venue that isn't all GA... (although if the band is awesome enough, I will go...Explosions in the Sky for example, or Radiohead, or my upcoming Sigur Ros experience
And without further ado, I am done typing.

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh
« Reply #60 on: 31 Aug 2008, 17:44 »

I just try to be innocuous as possible. I move a little bit, but not in a way that would disturb other people. I sing along and clap when it is appropriate.

Sometimes when the show is really awesome and everyone in the crowd is really into it I let loose a little more, but mostly try to be low-key.

Also, I smile a lot. Concerts make me really happy.

If I was older and if we were in the same city, I would like having you as a show buddy.
Sometimes I look at Achewood archives while listening to Spoon.

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #61 on: 31 Aug 2008, 17:53 »

Everyone who wants to be my show buddy lives far away :(

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh
« Reply #62 on: 31 Aug 2008, 17:56 »

Montrealer?
Sometimes I look at Achewood archives while listening to Spoon.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #63 on: 31 Aug 2008, 19:16 »

When we look at the scope of the world you and I are pretty close, dude. If that helps.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #64 on: 31 Aug 2008, 19:36 »

IDIOT.

:-(

Just rub it in, why don't you. I guess now is a bad time to mention that I passed up an opportunity to see Cursive and one of my favorite local bands live two hours away because I had class.

imagist42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • more post-coital, less post-rock
« Reply #65 on: 31 Aug 2008, 19:45 »

Yes now is a horrible time to mention that. One class and two hours each way is not that much to sacrifice for a show.
Hopefully it goes without saying but you should always ask before sticking things in people's butts
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up