THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 24 Apr 2024, 22:16
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album-A-Day  (Read 2666 times)

GlennCase

Album-A-Day
« on: 17 Aug 2008, 21:29 »

The idea of the 'album-a-day' is to try to write 20 minutes worth of music in a 24 hour time period.  I've succeeded four times, and failed twice.  I'm proud of my two most recent attempts, which were both done in August of 2008.  Feel free to check them out if you like:

'Keeping the Doctor Away' (June 2004)
'Just So You Know' (December 2006)
'So, Be Yourself' (August 2008)
'Waterfall of Consciousness (August 2008)

ROCK!

Glenn Case

bbqrocks

Re: Album-A-Day
« Reply #1 on: 17 Aug 2008, 22:00 »

Well that's a damn good idea. After thursday, me and my guitarist friend are gonna do this. Gonna hopefully try and churn out two a day.

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
« Reply #2 on: 17 Aug 2008, 22:23 »

huagl
we did this but with more rules
it's time to stop posting

bbqrocks

« Reply #3 on: 17 Aug 2008, 22:29 »

Yeah, I finished my album but frankly, the end result scared me I left it off the web.

imagist42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • more post-coital, less post-rock
« Reply #4 on: 17 Aug 2008, 22:29 »

Yeah, didn't we have this thread? Although I guess it's not a bad thing to do any day you feel like it, anyway.

I was thinking this thread was gonna be something where every day someone (the first person to take the initiative that day) recommends an album and everyone else who feels like participating goes and listens to it in its entirety. Sort of the intent behind the mediafire thread, but more controlled because I for one don't have time to go download and listen to everything ever posted in that thread on a whim (or even others' recommendations, as nearly everyone seems to say "you must own this album you must you must" about everything they post.
Hopefully it goes without saying but you should always ask before sticking things in people's butts

bbqrocks

« Reply #5 on: 17 Aug 2008, 22:32 »

I thought it was gonna be everyone downloads the same album, everyone posts their review, we get an average out of whatever or something. Because that would be pretty cool.

imagist42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • more post-coital, less post-rock
« Reply #6 on: 17 Aug 2008, 22:37 »

Yeah that is basically what I am suggesting. And whoever is the first to post it that day is the lucky winner that gets to make everyone else listen to an album that day (maybe with the rule that you can only be the winner like, once a week?).

Okay, let's make this thread about that now!....!
Hopefully it goes without saying but you should always ask before sticking things in people's butts

bbqrocks

« Reply #7 on: 17 Aug 2008, 22:42 »

Sooo...Want me to post my 'album'? It's basically just some wierd noise and other freaky shit. actually, I'm going to post it anyway.

Well, here it is. It isn't really for the easily disgusted, or anyone with any morals to speak of. It contains some awful stuff, some boring stuff (feel free to skip from 2:37 of 'distorto profundo' to the next track- hell, feel free to skip all of it.), and hopefully some interesting stuff (well, to me anyways). It was created in one day, but split across two days (12 hours each, or roundabouts). Have fun.

and I'm fairly sure someone is going to berate me for the sample of my friend saying 'and now time for some poor quality black metal.'

hxxp://[email protected]/?sharekey=4515755eb860af0dd2db6fb9a8902bda
« Last Edit: 18 Aug 2008, 01:44 by bbqrocks »
Pages: [1]   Go Up