THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Mar 2024, 01:30
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Danielle, The Feral Child Of Florida  (Read 11766 times)

akashacatbat

Re: Danielle, The Feral Child Of Florida
« Reply #50 on: 12 Aug 2008, 20:11 »

SPOILERS, if you haven't watched the video all the way through.

I don't know how the British director (Kate, I think) could restrain herself from leaping across the desk and strangling the director. I could tell from the look on her face that she wanted to. Hell, I had to restrain myself from attacking my monitor for the scenes with that abuser guy and the director.

Jesus. She was rambling on about she did her job because she bought umbrellas for the pool they probably don't even use and kids are dying from malnutrition, but, oh no, it's "their disease" and not the way they are treated.

Fuck.

I totally lost it at the end where Kate reached out and touched the little boy and he immediately curled up into her lap. The way they were all just so starved for affection is heartbreaking, not to mention their physical condition.

They have updates on this website about Milen. Apparently he made it out to a better home. Thank god for that one little bit of good news.

normz

« Reply #51 on: 12 Aug 2008, 20:24 »

whilst my first thought was disgust at how anyone could let that happen to their own child, closely followed by respect for the adopted parents ... it lead me onto thinking about how much that child says about the good old nature versus nurture argument and how it proves that basic human needs are minimal at best and that so much of what we do and what we know is taught to us.... intriguing

loam

« Reply #52 on: 20 Aug 2008, 17:51 »

The director of that Bulgarian "children's home" should be executed. I'm not entirely sure about that girl's mother due to being borderline retarded, but at the very least life in prison. It's absolutely unacceptable that she's free and could even possibly get pregnant again. And that her boys weren't taken from her. And that the social services workers didn't remove the girl the first or second time they were called to the house. That's just a stunning failure on the part of those caseworkers. I'm shocked there didn't seem to be more inquiry into who the hell checked up on her and thought the situation was ok.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up