THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 06:53
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. My Wife is a Babe or How The Venture Brothers rock  (Read 56365 times)

tricia kidd

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
Re: Dr. My Wife is a Babe or How The Venture Brothers rock
« Reply #100 on: 18 Dec 2009, 14:24 »

i would watch the hell out of an entire spin-off based on the order of the triad.  orpheus is the best, with 21/24 and samson close behind.  i hope the sphinx story isn't finished, because shore leave is hilarious.

"oh yeah, this is all happening!  you can't change the channel!"
"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #101 on: 05 Jan 2010, 01:52 »

Ahhh, I picked up seasons 1 and 2 for a roadtrip with my family and girlfriend over the holidays. I couldn't get season 3 before I had to leave to go back to school, and my girlfriend is very unhappy about this. In other words, loving this so much. Personally I love how they started with all these parody/cliche characters, and suddenly they're giving them complete interconnected backgrounds. The wikis I've found for the show haven't been super detailed, but it wouldn't surprise me if someone was able to put together a complete timeline of all the character's lives.

Also, I know it was a minor point 3 seasons back, but was anyone else struck by how the introduction to The Trial of the Monarch is basically what this show would look like if everyone were competent?
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

MrSteevo

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Bros before hoes dawg
« Reply #102 on: 13 Sep 2010, 09:33 »

Hey, don't know if anyone noticed this, but there was a new episode of Venture Bros last night. I'd say they started off the new "half season" off pretty damn well, probably the only time Billy has been funny.
You would not be able to kill me. I would win.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #103 on: 13 Sep 2010, 11:47 »

probably the only time Billy has been funny.
The devil you say
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #104 on: 13 Sep 2010, 21:17 »

I'm praying we see some more development of 21 as a leader. Maybe even going solo?

Also my girlfriend was kinda displeased because she felt that they left a ton of things open-ended at the end of the last run, but to be frank it's been so long that I don't even remember.
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #105 on: 14 Sep 2010, 01:07 »

While looking around the internet, I stumbled across this on Jackson Publick's livejournal. It's a collection of assorted screengrabs from the second half of season 4.

Linked cuz it's fracking huge

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #106 on: 14 Sep 2010, 12:49 »

I'm praying we see some more development of 21 as a leader. Maybe even going solo?
haha I thought the same thing.  back in season 2 24 scolded 21 saying he wasnt ruthless enough to be a arch.  at this point I think he has found his ruthlessness.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Heliphyneau

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Mommy, why is a naked clown crying on our lawn?
« Reply #107 on: 14 Sep 2010, 12:56 »

probably the only time Billy has been funny.
The devil you say

I think my favorite Billy moment was from last "half" season: "I wanna go back in my bag!"

I'm really glad VB is back.  ^_^  It was a solid ep, if not their best.  Also, SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER . . .

I can't decide which was my favorite part, them finding the shrunken sub (with the skeletons of previous Venture clones inside) in Rusty's brain, or Sgt. Hatred supersizing the Doc to stop the Monarch from flying away.  It'd be awesome if they filled in the giant impact crater with water (Dr. Venture-shaped pool ftw?).

And more 21 is always good.  He sort of already went "rogue" when he teamed up with Brock when last we left them -- having him become an arch himself has potential too.  At this point, I'm wondering if he'll actually hook up with Dr. Girlfriend.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Actually, I would posit that purple elephants do not contribute to the ruination of everything forever in any way.

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #108 on: 14 Sep 2010, 14:32 »

As much as I like the tension between Dr. Mrs. The Monarch and #21, I kinda feel like they spent so long hammering into our heads how dedicated the Monarch and she are to each other and how they'll do anything to be together. At this point, I can't really see her character leaving all that behind.

And yeah, #21 has acted "on his own" in the past. Still, with his newfound leadership skills I wonder if he'll get fed up with the Monarch's incompetence and start arching on his own? Maybe setting up a confrontation with S.P.H.I.N.X. and Brock if he works outside the Guild structure?

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #109 on: 14 Sep 2010, 19:01 »

when they said they were on strike and took off their masks, I was half expecting phinx to show up and wipe them out.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #110 on: 04 Oct 2010, 12:47 »

So, who's the awesome looking Rusty that stepped out of the portal?  SPECULATION TIME!!!

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #111 on: 04 Oct 2010, 14:18 »

So wait, is next week's episode going to be what was going on with Dean while Hank was doing detective stuff?

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online
« Reply #112 on: 04 Oct 2010, 17:50 »

how is it possible that this show just gets better and better every season?? I keep expecting it to run out of steam but it just stays downright awesome. pretty amazing, that.
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

knives

• Furry furrier
« Reply #113 on: 04 Oct 2010, 20:12 »

So wait, is next week's episode going to be what was going on with Dean while Hank was doing detective stuff?
Yeah, or so it seems. Guess we'll have to wait two weeks to get the answer to good Rusty.

Heliphyneau

« Reply #114 on: 04 Oct 2010, 22:59 »

So, who's the awesome looking Rusty that stepped out of the portal?  SPECULATION TIME!!!

And what of his special friend the Giant Question Mark?

Alternate dimension Rusty is a possibility, as is time travel Rusty, or possibly older Dean (!), or clone Rusty (made by his dad? or by future Dean?), or maybe just Professor Impossible contorting himself to look like Rusty -- many possibilities, all ridiculous.  I look forward to finding out when they show how Dean's summer went.

I loved the noir stuff with Hank, and the Bewitched discussion between Orpheus and the Alchemist was gold.  Wonder if Dermot's real mom will get pregnant with Hank's kid . . .
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Actually, I would posit that purple elephants do not contribute to the ruination of everything forever in any way.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #115 on: 05 Oct 2010, 07:26 »

Ooh, I like the Future Dean idea. I can actually see that. Also, good for Hank! Never saw that coming (no pun intended).

Hollow Press (my blog)

Blue Kitty

• Twitter

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #117 on: 05 Oct 2010, 17:11 »

Alternate Crazy Theory #8: What if Awesome-Looking Rusty is really Jonas Venture Jr. as he would have been if it weren't for Rusty?

Elk

• Emoticontraindication
  • BLUUUUUUUUUUUGGHH.
« Reply #118 on: 06 Oct 2010, 17:34 »

Perhaps Hank's son?

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #119 on: 08 Oct 2010, 10:25 »

I was always confused with the episode that triana meet Dr.O's master, so does Hank and Dean have mutated genetic material?

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #120 on: 08 Oct 2010, 11:22 »

I think that was more of the Master exaggerating to make a point of what Dean was really like, or was going to turn out. Though I wouldn't be surprised if there was some genetic issue from all the cloning.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #121 on: 10 Oct 2010, 21:31 »

well, I wonder what happened in the alternate reality.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #122 on: 17 Oct 2010, 20:59 »

damn, Dr Mrs Monarch, hot.

Wonder how this will effect the relationship between the monarchs and 21, also is rusty fixed?

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #123 on: 17 Oct 2010, 21:03 »

What just happened.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #124 on: 17 Oct 2010, 21:04 »

What just happened.
I am still confused too...and somehow I doubt we will get answers next week...

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #125 on: 17 Oct 2010, 23:07 »

I think that was more of the Master exaggerating to make a point of what Dean was really like, or was going to turn out. Though I wouldn't be surprised if there was some genetic issue from all the cloning.

The Master's always been a well-meaning dick, I wouldn't read that much into it other than that he thinks they should grow into adulthood.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter

Heliphyneau

« Reply #127 on: 18 Oct 2010, 14:24 »

At this point, I'm wondering if he'll actually hook up with Dr. Girlfriend.

Fuckin' called it.   8-)  Well, sorta.  This won't go well for anyone involved, I'm sure.  Loved the Moppets backing out with expressions of horror at the 3-way tableau they staged.

I like that they left it vague as to what Orpheus did for Rusty's Id -- so many horrific possibilities.  and with that whole "The Rusty" thing, I loved that first they did a scene with Orpheus et al that was a call-back to the Star Trek episode with Clint Howard as the creepy "Roman" kid, and THEN they had Dr. Mrs. The Monarch and 21 discuss that very episode in the next scene!  'Behold as we reference our reference, ha ha!'

It was also nice that Dr. Venture actually put things to rights after he woke up.  He's a terrible father and a mostly miserable human being, but it turns out he does have at least a couple of Dad skills.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #128 on: 18 Oct 2010, 14:35 »

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #129 on: 24 Oct 2010, 20:13 »

Does anyone know if we'll get Season 5 next year?

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #130 on: 24 Oct 2010, 20:18 »

I remember hearing that Cartoon Network finally ordered two seasons at once a while back, but I don't remember if it was S3 and S4 or S4 and S5.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #131 on: 24 Oct 2010, 20:19 »

I've been hearing that this is the last season.  And I think it was season 3 and 4 together.

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
  • Standing proudly behind unpopular opinions
« Reply #132 on: 02 Nov 2010, 16:56 »

Happy Halloween from me and my boy James (Im 21 hes 24):

Pardon the shitty camphone pics, I cant wait for good quality ones to hit FB
"In this zero sum game everything given to another, reduces me"

beat mouse

• The German Chancellory building
  • HEADACHE
« Reply #133 on: 02 Nov 2010, 17:52 »

Best. Ever.
you could have been fine, you could have made it, you could licked the lips of god but you chose the pavement.

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #134 on: 22 Nov 2010, 21:48 »

So we Season Finale'd and noone is talking about it? I mean, I dunno, it was pretty good?

I haven't heard if there's any word on more seasons. I don't want this to be the end, but... on the other hand, I'm kinda worried that it'll go downhill from here. The second half of this season was just a long string of C+ episodes in my mind, and that worries me.

Also, for anyone who saw the bumps with the creators, holy crap Doc Hammer looks exactly like White.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #135 on: 22 Nov 2010, 22:10 »

I love this show, c'mon they used Pulp.

Torlek

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
  • When in doubt, throw an FFT at it.
« Reply #136 on: 29 Nov 2010, 22:33 »

Also, for anyone who saw the bumps with the creators, holy crap Doc Hammer looks exactly like White.
No kidding. Even kind of had the same mannerisms and everything. Now we get to wait at least another year and a half for the next season. I guess the production team operates on Valve time or something.
Quis pater tibi est?

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #137 on: 30 Nov 2010, 08:35 »

There is going to be another season though? Hell I'll wait, it's better than not getting more like I thought.

Hollow Press (my blog)

Heliphyneau

« Reply #138 on: 01 Dec 2010, 15:24 »

No kidding. Even kind of had the same mannerisms and everything. Now we get to wait at least another year and a half for the next season. I guess the production team operates on Valve time or something.

A non-albino Pete White actually, though he could always bleach his hair.  Which would make Jackson Publick Billy Quizboy, but they don't really look alike.

And hey, if it takes them that long to toke up on weed CONSUME FANTASTIC HEALTH PRODUCT TM in order to come up with comedic gold, then I'll cheerfully wait until they're ready.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #139 on: 01 Dec 2010, 20:22 »

Anyone picked up a Venture Brothers doll yet?  I know they've started selling them at Toys R Us.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #140 on: 26 Mar 2011, 23:47 »

It got renewed, twice over!

And here's an interview with Doc and Publick.

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #142 on: 28 Mar 2011, 07:04 »

yes! that made my day, no joke

Hollow Press (my blog)

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #143 on: 03 Apr 2011, 02:39 »

quick someone find me the best youtube clip of this show so I convince one of my mates to watch this

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #144 on: 03 Apr 2011, 02:51 »

Can't find the clip where brock sits through the windshield of his car when Myra tries to run him over. In the meantime, this should suffice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtB_jvznaNM

Oh, this was the episode/moment that got me in on the fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJdf9Y86_2s&feature=related

edit: Found it!
« Last Edit: 03 Apr 2011, 03:13 by SirJuggles »
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up