• Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Jeph changed the layout again!

This one's great.  Woop woop!
Whatever floats your boat
Man, at this rate I'll never get used to it.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh snap.  (Read 4974 times)

Tybalt

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Can't always unscramble eggs
Oh snap.
« on: 14 Feb 2009, 23:39 »

Self explanatory, I guess (except for the title).
...and that's why I eat bugs.

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
Re: Oh snap.
« Reply #1 on: 15 Feb 2009, 00:09 »

The color scheme seems to conflict in places - especially the white area where the newspost and links are. Maybe if it were a shade of grey (a different shade, definitely, can't decide whether darker or lighter would work better,) it would look better.

Nightson

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #2 on: 15 Feb 2009, 00:30 »

I really dislike the visited link color against the gray background, that should be tweaked a bit.

Somethingfake

• Emoticontraindication
  • I want to inherit your eyebrows...
    • http://somethingfake.deviantart.com/
« Reply #3 on: 15 Feb 2009, 04:57 »

Great! Now all he needs is to draw giant cartoon wangs all over it and it'll be perfect!
Quote from: Jeph
Snoopy lives in a fantasy world. Gromit is a dog who gets things done. Gromit would destroy Snoopy.

GreyGabe

• Plantmonster
  • Probably not dead.
« Reply #4 on: 15 Feb 2009, 10:44 »

I'm okay with the new layout. Then again, I was okay with the last layout, too. I guess what I'm saying is that I'd be pretty much okay with anything, so long as it wasn't all in bright yellows and pinks. Or giant cartoon wangs.

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #5 on: 15 Feb 2009, 11:37 »

A CSS file with all of those design elements could be arranged...

bicostp

• Beyoncé
« Reply #6 on: 15 Feb 2009, 11:39 »

Yeah, I'm scratching my head at the text colors as well. Bright orange and blue against asphalt gray? I thought this was QC, not Dig Safe. :?

Plus the sidebar's broken in Firefox 2 and IE 6.

*cough*
« Last Edit: 15 Feb 2009, 13:44 by bicostp »

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #7 on: 15 Feb 2009, 12:40 »

Yeah, I'm scratching my head at the text colors as well. Bright orange and blue against asphalt gray?

You could say that those color choices are... questionable. :lol:

(Honestly, my main issue is with the white areas mixed in, though.

the_pied_piper

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #8 on: 15 Feb 2009, 12:43 »

Well, Jeph's Twitter says that he obviously didn't like the yellow layout but i don't really like the orange on grey layout going on here. It looks too much like a neon sign for me.
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

pint

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #9 on: 15 Feb 2009, 13:10 »

Matches the Domino's ads now.

Dunnoe

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #10 on: 15 Feb 2009, 14:44 »

ill get used to it

Beaten by Nuns

• Plantmonster
« Reply #11 on: 15 Feb 2009, 19:09 »

Greetings name's Matt, long time reader/lurker, First time poster,

I could care less what color scheme Jeph uses, I just wish he'd try and fix the side bar problem with certain browsers. This problem doesn't just effect IE 6 and Firefox 2, it also effects IE7 as that's what I'm running. I'm not trying to tell anyone how to do their job/run their site, but a little TLC towards the site's maintenance couldn't hurt.

Shawn

• Plantmonster
  • Simple to the point of complication.
    • Twitter
« Reply #12 on: 15 Feb 2009, 22:42 »

Wooo! I hated the last one, but I love this new one :)
Said with a healthy dose of insanity.

Gammasite

« Reply #13 on: 15 Feb 2009, 23:24 »

I really like this new layout. My only two problems are the same as my only real issues with the last one - I think a forum link deserves to be at the top of the page rather than a tiny link on the side, and I'm still partial to the "Newspost Sidebar" of the old old layout. I realize with some webcomics the newspost could be a spoiler if left on the side, but as Jeph himself has said - he tries to avoid discussing the comic's content in the newspost because he prefers to let the comic speak for itself.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #14 on: 16 Feb 2009, 03:35 »

It doesn't really fit. Just like the other layouts didn't. It's not like I know how to do it better, but I have yet to see a site layout that portrayed the feel of the comic best.

As for actual constructive criticism, the bright colours clash with the grey background. Also, the right-hand bar with links and ads is all the way down the page, but that's probably because I'm using IE8 on this computer.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

TheReaper

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #15 on: 17 Feb 2009, 04:04 »

I liked the one before the brown one.
The brown was okay too.
This is meh. I didn't even notice it the first time. Someone in the forums mentioned it, I went back, and was all, "How did I miss this and what have I been drinking."
Good things are fleeting. The bad ones are usually here to stay.

Skorpeyon

« Reply #16 on: 17 Feb 2009, 07:15 »

I'm new to the forums here, though I've read through several threads on this topic because I'm rather unhappy with the new site design myself.

Frankly, I like the design of the header, but not the colors, as several others have stated...  I don't think NEW colors need to be found, so much as simply toning down the neon orange and blue.  Possibly something closer to the colors used in the firefox logo, a much more natural orange and a deeper blue, would help keep it from being an eyesore.  Then, of course, matching the rest of the orange text on the page to the header.

I think it's a huge step forward  compared to the tan and brown design that was up for the last couple months, but the colors just need some tweaking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up