THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 27 Apr 2024, 21:15
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GTAIV: The Lost and the Damned  (Read 3950 times)

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
GTAIV: The Lost and the Damned
« on: 16 Feb 2009, 17:40 »

So, this thing is the first GTA IV DLC and is going live at 3AM EST.  I am pretty sure I will be getting it, because I am a sucker for motorbikes in these games and anything that expands the number/types of bikes I can get will be a good thing.  Basic gist is that you're a member of a biker gang who is acting as de-facto leader while the leader is in jail.  While you've been leader you've worked out some deals with rival gangs that has ensured peace.  When the leader gets out he fucks things up, and you have to deal with the consequences.  Reviews have basically been saying things like "it's not as nuanced as the original GTA IV storyline, but it's a lot of fun."  10-15 hours of gameplay claimed, 1600 MS points.  Not sure how big the download is.

Official page: http://www.rockstargames.com/thelostanddamned/index2.html
Explanation of new multiplayer modes @ Shacknews: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/57257

One of the new modes I am interested in is Witness Protection.  One team are cops running a heavily armoured Witness Protection bus around the city trying to make drop-offs into safe houses.  One dude drives the bus, others are in cars running interference.  The other team are bikers trying to stop them.  Sounds like it's got some potential.

Brief overview of new stuff in it: http://www.electricpig.co.uk/2009/02/16/gta-4-grenade-launchers-pipe-bombs-and-five-other-reasons-to-download-gta-4-lost-and-damned/

Really interested in the changes made to bike physics.  I usually enjoy the feel of riding around in GTA3&4 or Saint's Row on a bike, but although the handling is generally ok the collision physics leave a lot to be desired.  In a lot of cases you seem either strapped to the bike in a gravity-defying way or being thrown off it for some arbitrary reason.  Hopefully they'll make it seem a bit more natural.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
Re: GTAIV: The Lost and the Damned
« Reply #1 on: 17 Feb 2009, 04:03 »

Not sure how big the download is.

The article you linked says it is 2GB. Also Max Cavalera hosting a radio station huglblug
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: 17 Feb 2009, 11:54 »

Don't figure the male nudity

I can't believe it, DLC that features mostly riding on a motor cycle, something I loved in GTA, and I've already sold the game.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #3 on: 17 Feb 2009, 15:25 »

Which article, Dovey?  I still can't see where it says that.  Obviously I am blind.

Anyway, 2gb is more than I was expecting.  It's not all that much I guess, but still more than I was expecting.

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #4 on: 17 Feb 2009, 16:51 »

I think it was the third one, which also stated that there is like 30% more content added to the gameworld as a whole because of it. I'm wondering though, since the new missions focus on Johnny (who I've actually just had backstab me in the museum piece mission in the original campaign so I'm pissed off because that one was so fucking difficult ((I'm amazed I didn't die once on the first one)) and the subway tunnel on the motorbike one that follows I keep dying on) will we be able to switch back and forth between characters, or does the game end once you finish the main storyline (I don't know because I haven't finished the main story yet). or different still would it be accessed through an option on your phone? The last one I'd think would make loading times something awful.

Though all in all it sounds like a bunch of cool stuff that I'll have to check out once I beat the main and get a little spending money in my pockets again for some more games.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.
Pages: [1]   Go Up