THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 17 Apr 2024, 23:55
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Silent Hill: Homecoming  (Read 7022 times)

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • oh hi
Silent Hill: Homecoming
« on: 02 Oct 2008, 12:25 »

After the awesomeness that Siren: Blood Curse was last month, and all the fanboy anti-hype, I was ready for this game to be only as good as 3 or The Room, which is to say, "Pretty awesome in some ways and pretty boring in others".

Well, I've played about 3 hours or so, I don't think I'm very far at all because I'm exploring very carefully in order not to miss any story, and well, fucking wow.  So far it is definitely every bit as good as SH2 in terms of story, and gameplay is so much more streamlined and fun.

There is one problem.  It's hard.  It's HARD.  Save points are very far apart (though Checkpoints aren't).  And the part I am at now, there is a boss fight and I have half health and one Health Drink to my name.  I think I may even be stuck, because this boss is a FUCKER.

So, word to the wise, don't fight ANYTHING you don't have to and hoard your healing items because this game does NOT suffer from "Give you tons of ammo and health" like every other Silent Hill.  Not by a longshot.
Man, this thread really makes me want to suck some cock.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
Re: Silent Hill: Homecoming
« Reply #1 on: 02 Oct 2008, 15:48 »

WHY DID YOU HAVE TELL ME THAT THIS WAS GOOD?!

i don't need any more games right now i don't need any more games right now i don't need any more games right now

uughhh
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #2 on: 02 Oct 2008, 22:57 »

Sorry man.  I've played about 5 hours now and it keeps getting better.  And I haven't even gotten to the "really creepy" stuff yet.

CarrionMan

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • The RP Syndicate
« Reply #3 on: 07 Oct 2008, 21:36 »

Does it got the same ol' system of difficulty?

Because, it is so much more fun to play it with weak enemies and then super hard puzzles. In a freaky masochistic way.

OR strong enemies and puzzles.

I saw the video, and the ad campaign. Last time I played SH2, I almost beheaded my sneaky brother. How dare he walk up to me to tell me "Ethan, it's 2AM, go to bed."

Seriously.
"I am accusing war. I am accusing man. I am accusing universal stupidity."

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #4 on: 08 Oct 2008, 00:30 »

I just finished my first playthrough last night (and got the "good", ie "boring" ending).  The difficulty of the enemies actually kind of goes away around halfway through, at which point even if you're just not getting the battle system you get so many healing items and ammo thrown at you it's still hard to fuck up.  The last two bosses are, unfortunately, VERY easy.

The puzzles aren't really that hard, at least, not to me, but I've played a lot of old adventure games and the SH series has never gotten anywhere close to them in puzzle complexity.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #5 on: 12 Oct 2008, 16:48 »

Guys, I love this game. Seriously. I haven't played a game this much since Half Life 2, and I think that is saying a lot.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #6 on: 12 Oct 2008, 22:05 »

A girl who likes Silent Hill?

Emaline,

Ikrik

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #7 on: 14 Oct 2008, 08:19 »

I picked it up yesterday and I think it's pretty awesome.  I have nothing to compare it with in terms of Silent Hill, this is the first SH game I've played.  It's definitely hard but I'm going to keep playing and I'm already hooked.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #8 on: 15 Oct 2008, 20:46 »

rented this today.

i'd say it's sufficiently scary. easy as hell, but i don't play SH games for a challenge, i play them to get scared and this one has that in spades.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.
Pages: [1]   Go Up