THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 08:41
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FaceBreaker  (Read 2124 times)

dangerdave

FaceBreaker
« on: 06 Sep 2008, 19:45 »

Just wondering if anyone has played the Facebreaker demo or game yet and what your thoughts of it are.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
Re: FaceBreaker
« Reply #1 on: 06 Sep 2008, 23:43 »

Demo is kind of boring.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

reddragonflame

Re: FaceBreaker
« Reply #2 on: 18 Sep 2008, 17:07 »

I was playing this in Zavvi earlier with a friend and we both absolutely loved it. The reviews so far are less than favourable but IMO it's one of the fastest, smoothest, and simplest fighting games I've played in years. We were stringing together combos straight away and had mastered blocking and parrying almost instantly. It's very nice to look at and the characters are varied enough to be fun.

However.

Two attacks and two basic combos are, IMO, unforgiveable in a game nowadays. Dynasty Warriors on the PS2 managed to get an incredible amount of attacks all unique to each character, there is no reason a game on the PS3 and 360 couldn't have had some more moves in especially considering the relatively small roster. The typical arcade feel of the game is great but means the game lacks any actual feel of depth. I haven't seen the single player mode but you can pretty much rest assured it'll be the typical fighter bull.
Pages: [1]   Go Up