THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 02:28
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can this day get any better?  (Read 2192 times)

Dewey Decimal

Can this day get any better?
« on: 08 Sep 2008, 19:47 »

Okay, my day has very suddenly turned unbelievably fantastically wonderful, and also there seems to be a lot of emo in the air, so I want everyone to tell people what the single most awesome day of their life was, and why.

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
Re: Can this day get any better?
« Reply #1 on: 08 Sep 2008, 19:49 »

Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2 on: 08 Sep 2008, 20:10 »

My best day ever was freakishly emo, actually. I don't mind the thread, but won't be contributing further aside from the occasional "neat story!".
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

nobo

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #3 on: 08 Sep 2008, 20:14 »

Cool, can you share some of your photos for us to see?

I had a pretty solid day on saturday. i had flown up to michigan for the weekend to spend some time with my gf and her folks. I had seen her for only a few hours in the past 6 months. we went to the zoo and to one of our favorite italian places from college. sprinkle in some late birthday cake, college football, and a terrible HBO nicholas cage movie, and you have one of my best days of late :)
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

bbqrocks

« Reply #4 on: 11 Sep 2008, 14:42 »

Man, I don't think I have ever had a 'best day'.

Way to remind me how my life sucks.

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #5 on: 11 Sep 2008, 15:20 »

The day I went to Busch Gardens Europe last year was pretty fuckin' mint. That is the best and most beautiful theme park I've ever been to, and Virginia is just a beautiful state altogether.  The roller coasters there are crazy fun and original, and the festivities were awesome. Plus the day ended with some bangin', so it ruled.
Hate, rain on me

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #6 on: 11 Sep 2008, 16:16 »

the best day is pretty silly and corny so i won't bother with that.
close runner-ups are the day i got accepted to guelph (not because my school is particularily good but because i had been waitlisted for a really long time and the anticipation was fucking devastating) and the day i suddenly was completely over my long term high school boyfriend and, subsequently, completely secure and happy with being single.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #7 on: 11 Sep 2008, 22:33 »

The weather here is beautiful, so we're going up to the rooftop of my (eight storey) building with a case of beer for "after-work" drinks in the sun. Life is good!
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #8 on: 12 Sep 2008, 10:37 »

The day I got my first pay check and figured that "holy hell, I'm fucking RICH!"

Okay, not, but that's the freshest. Mabye when I'd started class after moving back to my home town, and we did our first on-stage drama performance. I think I finally realized that I had chosen the right thing, moving away from all my old friends. I was really fucking sweet to find out that doing drama in high school was the best thing I've ever done.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

bbqrocks

« Reply #9 on: 12 Sep 2008, 14:09 »

Oh, the day I realized I could quit my shitty tearoom job because our band makes enough money.
Pages: [1]   Go Up