THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 27 Apr 2024, 10:16
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Max Payne: The Movie  (Read 20634 times)

satsugaikaze

• Vagina Manifesto
  • I LOVE BELL PEPPERS.
Max Payne: The Movie
« on: 22 Sep 2008, 02:02 »

Coming out quite soon, I might add:

http://www.maxpaynethemovie.com/

Pros:
-Captured visual style perfectly.
-Mark Wahlberg does the perfect voice.
-Doesn't seem like they are changing the story very much unlike some game-film conversions I know.
-It seems like they're going to use gun-fu.

Cons:
-Mark Wahlberg doesn't have the likeness.
-IMDB says Ludacris is playing Bravura, which is of high "wtf" value.
-Rumoured to aim for a PG rating. Which is a far cry from the rating of the original game.

Overall the cons are just tiny fanchild whinges so I think this will be one of the best video-game-to-film conversions yet, both in terms of uniqueness and visual style.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
Re: Max Payne: The Movie
« Reply #1 on: 22 Sep 2008, 02:40 »

I can't remember who Bravura is in the game, and I remember Ludacris being not awful in the movies I've seen him in. He's in some quality ones, at least in comparison to other rapper-actors.

Looks like there are "black angels" or something, probably having to do with the game's V drug. Makes it look very Constantine-ish. Too Constantine-ish, really.

Anyway, one thing this movie got: Marlo Fuckin' Stanfield.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

satsugaikaze

• Vagina Manifesto
  • I LOVE BELL PEPPERS.
« Reply #2 on: 22 Sep 2008, 06:22 »

http://maxed.gry-online.pl/forum/uploads/post-5-1123233670.jpg

Yeah. Old white man replaced by young black man. =P
I mean, it's not a huge difference really, but it's just all these little things.

And personally I think the black angels kinda give the film an even greater artistic flair. In the original game, all we had to go on was swirly green and red colours to imply the drug trips XD

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #3 on: 22 Sep 2008, 10:52 »

I'm torn. I think the trailer actually looks pretty interesting from a visual standpoint, mostly how they replicate the drug hallucinations. On the other hand, it's a video game movie and it's got a rapper in it. Both of those things usually mean that it will be shit.

Also, I heard they were shooting for PG-13, not PG. Either way, since Max Payne was clearly not a game for kids it's pretty silly that they didn't just make it R rated.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Thaes

• Furry furrier
« Reply #4 on: 22 Sep 2008, 11:14 »

I did actually play both on the MP games all the way through for some reason and I genuinely don't remember there being anything supernatural about them. Don't remember flying monsters or any of that bollocks which they showed there. I mainly remember shooting some dudes and there being a couple of creepy flashbacks which sort of interesting.

I reckon they are supposed to be hallucinations caused by the drug Valkyr, or symbolizing the drug, or something. At least, I hope thatīs the case...

Thaes

• Furry furrier
« Reply #5 on: 22 Sep 2008, 11:51 »

Iīm clinging on what I said. They cannot ruin my hopes of a good movie of an excellent game with scheisse like that!

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #6 on: 22 Sep 2008, 12:13 »

I'm with Tommy on this, the winged things seems real and interact with people.

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
  • Lurker of Lovecraftian proportion
    • Obligatory Social Networking Page
« Reply #7 on: 22 Sep 2008, 12:17 »

Yeah, where I've seen this I've said the same, the winged demon things look like they're a real part of the world the movie takes place in. It'd make perfect sense for them to be hallucinations or whatever, the one that pulls some guy out of a window could be just a junkie taking a jump or whatever, but the voiceover on the trailer suggests a strong supernatural theme running through it. The only supernatural part of the first game was one of the mob bosses who went batshit insane because of the amounts of drugs in his system and thought he was some kind of god or something, iirc.

I think it could still work out ok, though honestly a movie pretty much based on the story of the second game would probably work just fine, not much need to alter / butcher the source material. I'm not going forward with any great expectations for it, and if it turns out to be a supernatural action movie that just happens to be named after a videogame franchise then I can live with that, so long as it's, you know, a decent movie.

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #8 on: 22 Sep 2008, 12:51 »

Well, considering all the heavily implied Norse Mythology in the games, I'm giving the Valkyries the benefit of the doubt.  This doesn't mean I'm going to go see it when it comes out, but I'm not going to pan it without seeing it.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

satsugaikaze

• Vagina Manifesto
  • I LOVE BELL PEPPERS.
« Reply #9 on: 22 Sep 2008, 14:05 »

Fair enough words. While I do think that the winged people are a bit supernatural-like, I think it was just a misinterpretation by the writers as to what extent they should represent the drug V. And I thought that the guy was just jumping out the window, with the Valkyr simply a hallucination on his shoulders. I mean, if it was really supernatural he'd have whizzed through into the other building XD

Apparently the MPAA gave it an R, but I heard that it's M15+ in Australia, so I dunno. Obviously it's not final.

And damn John Moore is smooth. XD

beat mouse

• The German Chancellory building
  • HEADACHE
« Reply #10 on: 22 Sep 2008, 14:13 »

you mean the guy getting shot out of the window and being whisked away by death wasn't cool looking for anyone else?

-edit. watched it again. max is running towards the guy and shooting, the guy who "jumps" out was facing inside, and gets pulled out from behind, much as if he was getting shot/pushed out.
« Last Edit: 22 Sep 2008, 14:19 by beat mouse »
you could have been fine, you could have made it, you could licked the lips of god but you chose the pavement.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #11 on: 22 Sep 2008, 17:31 »

That trailer made it look like it will be amongst the worst films released this year, which is saying something. Trenchcoats, Marilyn Manson song, some shit blowing up, some vampire bullshit etc.

Ah, but how did you know it was a Marilyn Manson song?

TRAP SPRUNG

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #12 on: 22 Sep 2008, 18:02 »

I have ears too but I can't recognize Marilyn Manson's singing voice without context.

Just sayin'.

satsugaikaze

• Vagina Manifesto
  • I LOVE BELL PEPPERS.
« Reply #13 on: 23 Sep 2008, 04:49 »

Anyway, I spose it's a lot more relevant if we actually talk about this later, when it actually comes out.

Still probably one of the better video-game-to-film adaptations. =D

blanktom

• FIGHT YOU
  • Liev Schreiber scares me
    • myspace!
« Reply #14 on: 23 Sep 2008, 06:28 »

I am pretty sure the Valkyries are just there to bring a visual element to the many drug trips.

If you watch the clip closely with the guy coming out of the window, after the winged beast pulls him from the window he just falls rather than getting carried away. If you think about how the guys in the apartment block in the actual game would act (most of them were just totally freaking out and disconnected from reality), this is probably just a illustration of what the criminal percieves to be happening, rather than reality.

All in all, I would say this looks kickass!

Edit: Also, if you watch closely again toward the end of the trailer when Max is standing in front of a window and the Valkyries are flying at it, as the window shatters and the glass falls away the Valkyries are also gone.
« Last Edit: 23 Sep 2008, 06:31 by blanktom »
Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #15 on: 23 Sep 2008, 09:13 »

Yeah I think the winged creatures are just reefer madness.

Also trailer music is a bad way to judge a movie, like the way the Watchmen trailer has the Smashing Pumpkins song from Batman & Robin in it.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #16 on: 23 Sep 2008, 09:41 »

Yeah...I definitely agree with that sentiment.

Nowadays it's commonplace for a trailer to have a song that doesn't appear in the movie at all.  Pineapple Express didn't have 'Paper Planes' at any point, for one.  Then there's all those movies that use O Fortuna and Lux Aeterna for their trailers.  I know the Punisher is guilty of it, too, but I don't remember the song.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #17 on: 23 Sep 2008, 10:53 »

I think there is false advertising at work here. You know, where they cut a trailer to put the film in a different slant to what it actually is?

If anyone has ever seen Jarhead, re-watch the Hollywood trailer for it again, and you will see just how ridiculous it can be sometimes.

This is being marketed as The Crow 2. Try watching the original trailer on youtube and you can see that this angle has been intensified. Still, they're cherry picking lines. If it really is a supernatural plot I will be surprised. The real thrust of the film, from the first trailer, looks to be John Woo-inspired gun balletics (which was what drove the original game) mixed with weird drug shit. Remember that Max was an unreliable narrator in the game.
« Last Edit: 23 Sep 2008, 10:59 by KharBevNor »
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online
« Reply #18 on: 23 Sep 2008, 12:39 »

I'm praying the Valkyries are hallucinations, not actual creatures in the film. It would be rather awful, I think, if they were. Here's hoping they stick to the source material since it's a rather cool story that would translate well to film (a rated R film I might add, none of this dumbing shit down to make more money, for the love of god). I think it actually looks pretty cool. Absurd, yes, but in a pretty bad-ass way. I might see it if it's in theaters when I'm home from school.

EDIT:
According to an unofficial source (someone who claims to have read the script and gave enough details to make me believe him) says that the demons ARE drug hallucinations, not real, and their implementation is quite cool. Hooray!!
« Last Edit: 23 Sep 2008, 12:42 by TheFuriousWombat »
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #19 on: 23 Sep 2008, 17:11 »

Man I am really struggling to work out that one Tommy. Maybe the atheism thread has eroded my sanity or something.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Nodaisho

« Reply #20 on: 23 Sep 2008, 19:19 »

I am really hoping this ends well, for more than one reason. A movie of a video game that I love being actually good would just blow my mind all over the theatre. And if it goes well, they might get Remedy to make another game, once they are done with Alan Wake, or even when they aren't. Of course, they could just make a shitty remake/sequel movie tie-in game, but since there hasn't been an announcement of a game coming out near the movie, I am thinking that won't happen.

The music choice is a shame, and I get what Khar said about them marketing it as the crow 2 (except I think it would be #903 by now), though I hadn't noticed it until he said it. I would have much preferred to see them use the Max Payne theme music (you know, the piano music, plays in the intro to the first game, manor in the first game, penthouses in the second game?), but oh well. I don't think I will see this opening day, but I am going to make an effort to see it in the theatre, unless everyone I hear from says it sucks.

The part I am leeriest about, aside from the valkyries (though they do seem like hallucinations) is that Jackie from That 70s show is playing Mona. Seriously, WTF?
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

Harun

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #21 on: 23 Sep 2008, 21:35 »

-Mark Wahlberg doesn't have the likeness.

Jon Hamm should have been Max Payne.

<-- will probably still see it

satsugaikaze

• Vagina Manifesto
  • I LOVE BELL PEPPERS.
« Reply #22 on: 24 Sep 2008, 01:08 »

Or better yet, use the actor that Max was modelled after in MP2 - Timothy Gibbs.

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
    • http://www.goat.cx
« Reply #23 on: 24 Sep 2008, 02:49 »

I have ears too but I can't recognize Marilyn Manson's singing voice without context.

Just sayin'.

Could you draw a vagina without reference?

I am genuinely curious regarding this matter.

I am genuinely curious about what this says about tommy, marilyn manson and vaginas.
also israel

Nodaisho

« Reply #24 on: 24 Sep 2008, 12:05 »

Timothy Gibbs isn't as well-known as Mark Wahlberg though.

Hey, so far Max has looked different with each new installment, it continues the tradition.

Fletch

« Reply #25 on: 25 Sep 2008, 23:43 »

I'm pretty sure if you read the synopsis it will make it clearer. Looks like it will be something supernatural. Strangely, this time I don't give a damn, if they make a reasonably good movie.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #26 on: 26 Sep 2008, 08:30 »

I just don't see them making those things real. I don't know why, I just have a really hard time believing that. Inner-demons and nasty drug trip induced hallucinations seem like things "beyond the natural world" to me and I'm still convinced that this is what all the demons and whatnot are.

Hollow Press (my blog)

MusicScribbles

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • John Milton was a punk rocker.
« Reply #27 on: 26 Sep 2008, 12:24 »

Visually this should be a lot of fun to watch. I just hope it ends up being a bit more than that, because all of those 'just fun to watch' movies now cost ten dollars to see.
In reference to the valkyries, I hope that they're just Max's hallucinations. I really would like to say, "I doubt that the writers would place the game's valkyries physically into the world." but it's easy to lose hope for video game movies.
Also, I don't think I saw any reference to the Valkyr junkies, but we'll see.
Quote from: Tommydski
Listen to SLOAN you CUNTS.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #28 on: 26 Sep 2008, 12:42 »

I feel like in previews, demons are more appealing than drug addicts and therefore, even though they may be linked in the movie, they play up the more popular theme in the preview to trick people into coming to see it. Or something.

Hollow Press (my blog)

Thaes

• Furry furrier
« Reply #29 on: 26 Sep 2008, 12:55 »

Also, the drug addicts did not play that great a role in the game itself.

Nodaisho

« Reply #30 on: 26 Sep 2008, 16:27 »

Aside from the three first ones you face. And if you run low on ammo in the hotel, you can kill them for beretta ammo, though you are really screwing up if you are running low on ammo.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #31 on: 26 Sep 2008, 16:48 »

Yeah, I mean they wander around at various points, cropping up in the tenements and such. I feel like the drug is going to play a bigger role in the movie though, as in its physical presence will emphasized. And, to be honest, those Valkyrie things might only be in a couple scenes and not at all a big part of the movie as a whole.

Hollow Press (my blog)

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #32 on: 26 Sep 2008, 17:43 »

I'm sorry, but you guys have to admit it: if it wasn't for the video game of the same name, you would be completely unfazed by the idea of a rapper appearing in an action movie called Max Payne. Max Payne is a pantheon level shitty rapper/movie name.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #33 on: 26 Sep 2008, 20:24 »

my level of skepticism about this movie has now been increased.

at first, i was like "oh that sounds cool. crazy drug-induced demon hallucinations." but Kotaku posted a new, different trailer today and it really really makes it sound like they are going to be playing a supernatural part and actually exist, instead of just being hallucinations.

so yeah. i hope that's not the case but whatever.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

satsugaikaze

• Vagina Manifesto
  • I LOVE BELL PEPPERS.
« Reply #34 on: 27 Sep 2008, 03:52 »

The original game was really creepy and dark, especially what with all the insane druggies eating "the flesh of fallen angels" and stuff...
If they include this sort of thing in the films the best they'll get in Australia is a M15+ rating...

And it seems that the Valkyries are the top point of debate. Personally they seem supernatural, but maybe Silent-Hill-type-supernatural - beings created and destroyed by the mind.

Or something. That sort of thing would kinda fit. Ish.

Uber Ritter

• Curry sauce
« Reply #35 on: 27 Sep 2008, 15:24 »

So why exactly is a gun-fu movie based on a video game inspired by gun-fu movies special and original in cinema?
As I understand it most of what the game tried to do was turn hong-kong action-flick influenced movies into a game with bullet time, etc.  Why not just watch "The Killer" again?
I don't know why we are here, but I'm pretty sure that it is not in order to enjoy ourselves.
-Ludwig Wittgenstein

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #36 on: 27 Sep 2008, 21:20 »

Who said anything about special or original? If anything this looks appealing because it's going to be absurd in its over the top action largely derived from cliched gunfight tropes.

Hollow Press (my blog)

Ikrik

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #37 on: 28 Sep 2008, 00:37 »

Who said anything about special or original? If anything this looks appealing because it's going to be absurd in its over the top action largely derived from cliched gunfight tropes.

What?  Action movies NEED to be special or original.  Otherwise we get a slew of average action films like Wanted.  Action films have a lot of potential..all they have to do is realize that they can achieve so much more. 

It looks kind of interesting..it reminds me a lot of Constantine...but better. Mind you, being better than Constantine isn't all too hard.  I'll have to see some reviews for this before seeing this.  It seems like it could go either way, It'll be entertaining if it's good but the potential for it to be a terrible movie is too high for me to see it before I see a couple reviews for it.

Nodaisho

« Reply #38 on: 28 Sep 2008, 15:43 »

So why exactly is a gun-fu movie based on a video game inspired by gun-fu movies special and original in cinema?
As I understand it most of what the game tried to do was turn hong-kong action-flick influenced movies into a game with bullet time, etc.  Why not just watch "The Killer" again?
They are making it because theater releases are more profitable than waiting for more people to buy a 20-year-old movie. I suppose they could do a remake of "The Killer", but they would either need to buy the rights or make enough changes that nobody could sue.

satsugaikaze

• Vagina Manifesto
  • I LOVE BELL PEPPERS.
« Reply #39 on: 28 Sep 2008, 15:48 »

Max Payne as just a "game with bullet time"? That's almost insulting. =P

Max Payne had a decent plot that some gun-fu movies don't have. It also had a visual style other gun-fu movies didn't have. And later on it became more tongue-in-cheek and kitsch than other gun-fu movies.

Besides, how many other gun-fu movies based on a video game inspired by gun-fu movies do you know? =P

Kaeldra1

« Reply #40 on: 28 Sep 2008, 17:59 »

I just saw a preview for that, it looked AWESOME!  I never actually played Max Payne, just watched my brother play it, but I dont remember it that well.  I'll still go see the movie, it looks like a lot of fun.

Nodaisho

« Reply #41 on: 28 Sep 2008, 18:15 »

And, of course, Max Payne was on the front of the wave of bullet-time games, it even had it before the Matrix came out. I believe they even had the rights to the name bullet time, until they sold it to WB, or whoever it is that owns the Matrix IP.

ackblom12

« Reply #42 on: 28 Sep 2008, 18:22 »

I also think people are missing the fact it took the Pulp feel and ran with it like no other game before it. For me, other than the action of the game, the pulp and self appreciating humor was what really MADE the game for me.

Nodaisho

« Reply #43 on: 28 Sep 2008, 18:51 »

Yeah, the overblown private eye narration gives the game great character, I wonder if they are doing any of that, and if they do, I hope it is done well, not just tacked on like in Blade Runner (though that was more executive meddling, and Harrison Ford intentionally did it badly).

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #44 on: 28 Sep 2008, 21:00 »

Max Payne as just a "game with bullet time"?

Max Payne is a lot more than that. It was the first game with bullet time. Thanks to Max Payne, nearly every shooter that has come out since has had this feature but MP was the first and one of the best.

Hollow Press (my blog)

Nodaisho

« Reply #45 on: 28 Sep 2008, 21:10 »

F.E.A.R. did it pretty well, the slo-mo gave you time to notice all of the stuff blowing up in the room you were fighting in, but it didn't feel as integrated as it did in MP. It was the only game I have played that I had to stop shooting and wait for the debris to settle so I could see my enemies, though.

CoD4 is actually really fun with bullet time on, using it to get streams of headshots appeals to the perfectionist in me. But, of course, it is a bonus, so it isn't integrated as well.

Enter the Matrix didn't do it badly, but the game controls were not set up so well.

So... yeah, the few bullet time games I have played, MP did it best.

Fletch

« Reply #46 on: 29 Sep 2008, 00:08 »

The synopsis gave me the feeling that these valkyries aren't just mental demons or drug induced hallucinations.
I actually won't care if they manage to make it (the movie as a whole) interesting.

satsugaikaze

• Vagina Manifesto
  • I LOVE BELL PEPPERS.
« Reply #47 on: 30 Sep 2008, 06:16 »

The only gun-fu game that I really thought was on par with Max Payne was Stranglehold. But then again, that was specifically made from John Woo's crew. =P

The original Max Payne game felt a bit clunky and a little on the more 'realistic' side (it's a loooooong way away from being realistic but it's more realistic than the second game). The second game was more balletic and more action-movie oriented.

It seems that the film is going to be more visually styled than action-styled, if you know what I mean. Not that it's a bad thing.

And the TV ads in Australia for it were so disappointingly short. T_T

AanAllein

• Furry furrier
« Reply #48 on: 16 Oct 2008, 17:00 »

Bumping this thread since I actually saw this movie last night, and thought I would share my thoughts. Please let me know if the thread's actually past its used-by date.

Overall I was fairly disappointed by the film, but not really surprised that it didn't live up to its potential. Essentially I feel the movie was going to be successful if it embrace the hyper-stylized noir feel of the games (a la Sin City I suppose), with the film being largely an exercise in style and hopefully a few cool action sequences.

The film was at least successful in embracing the visual style of the games, and this was certainly the strongest element of the film. But cool visuals do not make a film (as anyone who saw 300 can attest to), and unfortunately there wasn't a whole lot else going on. Mark Wahlberg was fine in the title role, but really didn't have enough to work with.

Essentially the film spent too much time worrying about, and explaining its plot, when fundamentally it's a plot that everyone is more than familiar with by now from watching a few hundred anti-hero cop films. What the film needed to do was spend less time explaining the plot and place greater emphasis on the noir style, and perhaps Max's angst. The near-complete lack of a gritty voice over was a huge oversight in my mind, as the over-the-top nature of it would have actually added some much-needed levity to the proceedings.

Some other issues I had with the film:

- Honestly, a touch too much fan service by including frankly unnecessary characters from the game. There were a handful of characters in this film that simply did not need to be there, including, sadly, Mona Sax. Mila Kunis was generally plausible in the role, however.

- There were two scenes that went for the bullet-time look. One did it quite successfully, the other really was an odd choice of scene to use bullet time in. Unfortunately, there was a perfect opportunity in one scene where they did use slow motion to have the classic Max Payne leap and fire, taking out multiple enemies in one go, and they chose not to.

I won't talk in any depth about the identity of the winged things from the trailers, but those people stressing about the filmmakers turning this into another Crow film shouldn't be worried.
« Last Edit: 16 Oct 2008, 19:20 by AanAllein »

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #49 on: 17 Oct 2008, 12:32 »

Bumping this thread since I actually saw this movie last night, and thought I would share my thoughts. Please let me know if the thread's actually past its used-by date.
This forum isn't really as subject to that rule as the other fora simply because the nature of film announcements and such stuff, now that the film is out rezzing this one is certainly better than making another one, especially since its less than a month since the last post.

But cool visuals do not make a film (as anyone who saw 300 can attest to),

Tell that to early German Expressionism or French avante-garde!!! *sniff* I beg to differ, cool visuals may not make a great movie, and certainly movies like Le Chien de Andalou may be a movie that everyone gets or understands, but at least 300 had a plot. Sorry, I feel like arguing over little things today, I'm researching boring stuff at internship.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up