THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 10:01
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Comic Genesis?  (Read 2878 times)

tuna ketchup x

Comic Genesis?
« on: 22 Sep 2008, 10:04 »

I'm getting a scanner soon to scan covers for my zine distro, and I've been thinking about also doing an online comic 2-3 times a week starring the supporting characters from my print comic (new issue almost done!), which would be a way for me to promote the comic/distro and also just have fun with little one-off strips. Now I'm already paying for hosting space for the distro site, so I'm not going to pony up for another hosting package yet, so I've been looking at Comic Genesis for my free comic hosting needs. Anyone here use it? One thing I've noticed is that the loading is pretty slow, at least if you access it from the CG website. Is it as slow on RSS? Also there seem to be a lot of adult themed comics on there, and while I'm no prude, I don't know if a PG-13 rated comic will attract a lot of readership there. Of course most hypothetical readers would find out about it through other places, not by doing a random search on CG. I just want to know how this stacks up to comics hosted on Blogspot or other blogging sites. Thanks!

tomselleck69

• FIGHT YOU
  • Now We All Have Metal Skin
    • Harold Bloom
Re: Comic Genesis?
« Reply #1 on: 22 Sep 2008, 10:32 »

Can't speak on the speed issue, but I would definitely recommend it over blogspot on the basis that I cannot physically bring myself to follow comics hosted on blogspot. If you're going to do it through a blog, go with Livejournal. Then again, I see many more comics hosted on Blogspot than LJ so maybe it's me who has the problem and not everyone else...

There's also Webcomicsnation and Drunkduck. WCN's navigation leaves a little to be desired and Drunkduck has more MySQL errors than comics these days, but the point is that you have options.
« Last Edit: 22 Sep 2008, 10:34 by tomselleck69 »
"Cocks." - Harold Bloom

tuna ketchup x

Re: Comic Genesis?
« Reply #2 on: 22 Sep 2008, 12:01 »

Thanks! I'll look into those ones too. Of course right now I don't even have any daily strips conceived yet alone drawn, haha. But scanner + comics = online comics just makes sense.  :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up