THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 06:50
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Heroes  (Read 86691 times)

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • oh hi
Re: Heroes
« Reply #50 on: 02 Oct 2008, 13:37 »

The Big Bad is also supposed to be "someone the characters are already close to".  Oh, and his power has been revealed:

He can Balefire anything around him.  For those lucky enough to not know what that word means, it means he can make it so that people/things don't exist, never existed, never will exist, and never can exist.  That's pretty bad.
Man, this thread really makes me want to suck some cock.

RobbieOC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Whachaw!
    • Facebookfacebookfacebook
« Reply #51 on: 02 Oct 2008, 14:12 »

Do you think that could be what Matt's spirit walk is about?

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #52 on: 02 Oct 2008, 23:00 »

I hadn't thought of that, but possibly.

I'm thinking the big bad is Future Peter and that power is something he picked up but hasn't used yet.  Either that, or it's The Haitian's power(s) taken to the absolute extreme - he can already make memories and powers "disappear".

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #53 on: 03 Oct 2008, 12:15 »

Hmm, you've got a point there. But the Haitian seems to be an incorruptable figure, though I've gone through the list of characters on Wikipedia and I can't find anyone who could possibly fit the bill better than him, Parkman, or Peter. Unless its Lyle, :P
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

RobbieOC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Whachaw!
« Reply #54 on: 03 Oct 2008, 14:06 »

The problem is I don't think, regardless of what I asked earlier, that the Haitian's power can be taken, either by Sylar or by Peter. Technically, neither of their powers would work around him, so Sylar wouldn't be able to see how it works and Peter wouldn't be able to absorb it. If they do have it, that seems like kind of an inconsistency to me... but I do think Parkman could do something like that, if he learns to control it. And I definitely don't think it would be the Haitian doing it himself. He's just too cool.

OR maybe at some point Noah gets injected with Mohinder's formula? He is very good at making people "disappear" even without powers... just a thought.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #55 on: 03 Oct 2008, 17:56 »

But what if,Unless its Mohinder himself! nah, couldn't be it. Maybe since Linderman is dead or something... hmm. I guess we'll just have to fucking wait and see, maaaan.
« Last Edit: 03 Oct 2008, 17:58 by Boro_Bandito »
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
  • Standing proudly behind unpopular opinions
« Reply #56 on: 03 Oct 2008, 18:16 »

Can we just take it for granted that anyone reading this is at risk of spoilers, and not bother shrinking down your theories on what hasn't happened?
"In this zero sum game everything given to another, reduces me"

RobbieOC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Whachaw!
« Reply #57 on: 03 Oct 2008, 22:26 »

Probably, I just didn't want to be the first one to do it...

imagist42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • more post-coital, less post-rock
« Reply #58 on: 03 Oct 2008, 22:44 »

The thing about the Haitian's powers is, Sylar could take them. Remember, the Haitian's power stopped working when he was unconscious at the theater. So provided Sylar could disable the Haitian (and remember, he did have to knock the telekinesis guy out cold with no powers to speak of, so he is capable), he could steal his power easily.

What I am wondering is if the Haitian can control his own power. I mean, we've never seen him not negating everyone else's powers, but could he effectively turn himself off if he wanted to? That would certainly be a way to let Peter work his magic to emulate his power (because Peter has been able to emulate the powers of people he's never seen in action, so the Haitian's power wouldn't have to be active for Peter to copy it).
Hopefully it goes without saying but you should always ask before sticking things in people's butts

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #59 on: 04 Oct 2008, 00:23 »

Didnt Nathan Petrelli fly away when approached by Noah and the Haitian at one point?

RobbieOC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Whachaw!
« Reply #60 on: 04 Oct 2008, 01:35 »

Yes. That was silly.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #61 on: 04 Oct 2008, 07:32 »

Yeah that was probably just a plot hole.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #62 on: 04 Oct 2008, 12:14 »

It's not a plot hole, it's been explained that the Haitian's power isn't always "on" and that he let Nathan go because he was working for Tony Soprano Ma Patrelli.

I actually could see The Haitian becoming a "villiain", maybe without meaning to actually be evil.  I mean, look at how stone-cold Ma Patrelli is, she FED A GIRL TO SYLAR, and she's supposed to be the one organising the "good guys".  So...

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #63 on: 04 Oct 2008, 13:26 »

She is an ends justify the means girl after my own heart.  That being said, this show isn't about personal politics, its about painting someone with the evil brush, then using the tools of good to fight it.

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #64 on: 04 Oct 2008, 18:16 »

Didn't they show a guy in a straitjacket being held on level 5 in some of the previews, I highly doubt that with a dozen (minus three now) mass murderers on the loose the big bad will be anyone but one of them. and if the spoiler at the top of the page is true - huh, how do you fight someone like that and more importantly how do you make anything from then on not look like a step backwards.

but onto more important matters
(Did anyone think that Nathan's killer looked like peter? Perhaps he travels back in time to stop Nathan going public.)
Thankyou

and now onto my rambling thoughts on the episodes so far.

Also I doubt it will end up happening but I can see a way for sylar to die, his one major weakness is the supersonic hearing ability - though they do seem to forget about it a lot - and if you've seen the webisodes, that postman guy has already been shown to be able to blow peoples brains out with his voice. Imagine how much damage he would be able to do to sylar.

They seem to have forgotten that useful thing called Claire's blood - Bob certainly could do with some - on that note I wonder if Peter's blood will have the same effect on people.

The new nikki: (I can't be bothered learning her name) it is quite clear that the writers like the actress who plays her, but didn't want to keep the unpopular character around, but really this has to be the most contrived way of doing it possible. also having her as a public figure "Ice queen" who can freeze people  *gag*

I'm glad the German didn't last long (he had a couple of mentions in the webcomic) and he's as clearcut a magneto ripoff as you could get without actually making him wear a tinfoil hat.

I'm curious as to where peter got the ability to put people inside other peoples bodies, that's certainly quite a gift, and could make for an interesting villain at some point.

Angela's dream has a few points of interest
-either nikki/jessica is still alive or what ever her replacement is called goes evil - possibly leading or at least trying to lead Nathan to evil again (we get it guys politics is evil)
-Parkman sr gets out of his nightmare world as well as adam getting dug up. (on that topic i would suggest people check out this comic http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/novels/index.shtml?novel=66) and given the way that they placed adam and nikki side by side might hint that she is the person referenced in that comic - though again it could be jessica (unlikely as Jessica seemed to exist to protect micca and while she wasn't exactly faithful to DL she only did it because it was what needed to be done to protect nikki and micca) or the ice queen or even a third "nikki" - the doctor said he "Made" her - I would presume on lindermans orders (remember what he said about having controlled nikki's entire life) he could have made innumerable copies of her for what ever reason.

A few criticisms:

The show seems to be becoming somewhat reliant on the thing of traveling to the future to see what the problem that they are facing is, I'm guessing that's what's going to happen in the next episode with the two Peters taking a tour of dystopian future number 3.

I also don't really like the way the show just chucks away characters it no longer finds useful with thin or no explanation - the prime example is the Irish girl from the second series, but molly and nathan's wife both got similar treatments.
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

RobbieOC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Whachaw!
« Reply #65 on: 04 Oct 2008, 18:35 »

They got rid of Molly because the actress is growing faster than the character should be. Presumably.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #66 on: 05 Oct 2008, 12:53 »

They do that. They can have some time pass and then bring her back, like they did with Walt in Lost, but that could be years or not at all. Who knows.

I am excited for a new villain. I wasn't impressed with the powers of the level 5 guys, minus the guy Peter was stuck in, and Sylar is in a transition period now. I can see him becoming the "good" guy who can sometimes cause trouble or be an ass, which are usually the more interesting good guys.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #67 on: 05 Oct 2008, 13:37 »

The new nikki: (I can't be bothered learning her name) it is quite clear that the writers like the actress who plays her, but didn't want to keep the unpopular character around, but really this has to be the most contrived way of doing it possible.

It's not contrived at all when you consider that way back in Season 1 Linderman said he had been controlling Nikki's entire life - presumably he was doing the same with Tracy - and seeing as how the explanation is that Linderman had the doctor genetically engineer a whole bunch of "Nikkis"... well, I just don't see how that's particularly contrived.  Contrived would be that she survived the fire by flipping into a different personality with ice powers and freezing the room around her and then forgetting about Micah and getting a job for a Senator in the span of a few days.

EDIT: Oh and speaking of contrived, what the fuck is up with Nathan being able to SEE DEAD PEOPLE, or Linderman being a ghost, or... whatever the hell contrived reason they used to get Malcom McDowell back on the show?
« Last Edit: 05 Oct 2008, 13:39 by Jackie Blue »

imagist42

« Reply #68 on: 05 Oct 2008, 14:56 »

I was pretty sure the implication was that Nathan is jacked up in the head. But maybe I'm thinking too much like a person not watching a show about people with superpowers.
Hopefully it goes without saying but you should always ask before sticking things in people's butts

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #69 on: 05 Oct 2008, 20:42 »

Apparently in the online comic books and stuff there was a lady who could see the dead, she got killed by someone who leeched out other people's "auras" and became hungry for those with powers. *cough*ROGUE/SYLAR RIPOFF*cough*.

That reminds me, some of these powers are getting a bit out there to be "caused by adrenaline" though like in Mohinder's experiments. I really think that that was a shitty "scientific" discovery. Lacks verisimilitude* after a certain point. Sure, people hopped up on adrenaline like mothers can gain super strength to save their babies or some shit but stopping time? I realize I'm being too picky here, but its distracting me a bit.

That said I don't think that it's just Nathan being fucked up, Linderman was a great idea for a villain, a mobster who could heal anything and yet was willing to kill millions? I'm only to happy for him to remain in the show, if nothing else I like the actor in all his cheesy goodness. Unless its Sylar, having come back in time with Hiro's powers and the ability to take on other people's forms like future Peter can, as well as become selectively invisible. But that would be soap-opera style silly.

*Phil's SAT word of the day

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #70 on: 05 Oct 2008, 22:45 »

I think the thing about Mohinder's serum is that it only gives specific kinds of powers (and, obviously, appears to have negative Jeff Goldbulm-like side effects) - it gave him super strength, and he got it using Maya's, ahem, juices, and her power is certainly very aggressive.

In short, I think he's wrong that the whole answer for every power is the adrenal gland.  I know it's a silly superhero show but, really, come on - the adrenal gland gives someone the ability to Alchemize?

On that note, it was said during Season 2 that Bob's power wasn't as simple as turning one metal into another - I wonder if they'll be going anywhere with that.

Also, why doesn't Sylar use his Melt Shit power?  It's a very silly idea for a power but it would certainly be useful.

I'm not in the "Sylar/Peter are overpowered" camp, but I do think that giving Sylar telekinesis right off the bat was a bad idea, especially since he can use it so fast and precisely that he can stop bullets with it.  When did he get the "ultimate reaction time" power?

After watching the third episode again on Hulu I am officially of the opinion that Daphne in the top 5 characters on the show.  She better stick around.  When they killed off Eden I was very sad.

0bsessions

• Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #71 on: 06 Oct 2008, 04:59 »

Bob's power was supposed to have been exhibited to a better extent last season. Towards the middle point of the show, when Parkman's dad showed up and controlled Nikki, Bob was supposed to transmute a wooden door into steel to hold her off. They decided against it because the effect allegedly looked like shit.

In terms of Sylar's melting, there's two reasons. First and more importantly, according to interviews with the producers, he is compelled to acquire powers whether they'll do him any good or not. On the surface, one could think how Zane's ability might've been useful, but when you get down to it, melting metal is a pretty shit useless power when you've already got incredibly strong telekinesis or the power to freeze something to the point that it's too brittle to stand up to you.

More directly related to the plot, though, pay attention to his power usage lately. Anyone else notice that, so far this season, Sylar hasn't exhibited a single power, outside of telekinesis, that he hasn't picked up this season? Allegedly, when he contracted the Shanti virus, his powers were essentially wiped with the exception of his telekinesis.

I don't understand how he'd hold onto just the TK, but this was outlined in an interview with a couple of the writers on Comic Book Resources.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #72 on: 06 Oct 2008, 06:35 »

I think they did that as the simplest answer to the question that would inevitably get raised "Why doesn't sylar just nuke the ...." and it would be a good question too we've already seen that the Ted's power could create an E.M.P. that would knockout the security in the cells, and Elle's self defensive blast proves they haven't done anything to fix this gap in the defenses. So all in all it's easier to just get rid of his powers.

On the subject of people not using powers, what about peter? I guess you could contrive some sort of argument saying that when he went boom that was somehow the end of his Nuclear hands (but if you say that, why did the company bother locking him up last season), but what about his invisibility, last time he used that was when he was sneaking around the hospital after he saved Nathan, not to mention all the powers he should have but never acknowledges - all the powers sylar has or had, plus eden's, nikki's, micha's, molly's, bob's, his father's and the company woman who adam killed (whatever theirs were).

Hmmm I wonder if Peter comes into contact with super Ando or Mohinder will he gain their abilities?

And to finish, my question about the adrenalin issue, how much adrenalin does a cold dead body lying on a slab have?
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #73 on: 06 Oct 2008, 06:48 »

That's another reason I have a problem with the "you gain everyone's powers" idea, because there's just not enough time to use them all in a show, the effects become really expensive, and plot holes like that are covered up George Lucas style.

Also damnit I'm really excited about tonight's episode, maybe its because I've been loading 30 pound boxes of Catholic cooking books for the last two hours but I can't wait for tonight.
« Last Edit: 06 Oct 2008, 10:46 by Boro_Bandito »

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #74 on: 06 Oct 2008, 11:43 »

On the subject of people not using powers, what about peter? I guess you could contrive some sort of argument saying that when he went boom that was somehow the end of his Nuclear hands (but if you say that, why did the company bother locking him up last season), but what about his invisibility, last time he used that was when he was sneaking around the hospital after he saved Nathan, not to mention all the powers he should have but never acknowledges - all the powers sylar has or had, plus eden's, nikki's, micha's, molly's, bob's, his father's and the company woman who adam killed (whatever theirs were).

Well, with the glaring exception of using DL's power in Season 2, Peter only uses powers that he's seen in action (aside from his Mom's dreaming, which is a passive power anyway).  So far this season, when has he been in a position where he needed to use his nuke hands?  He's already aware that opening that door is a Bad Idea so even in a fight I think he'd hold off on the chance that Jesus Nathan isn't around to fly him away again.

Also, the real answer to "Why doesn't Peter just fix everything with all his awesome powers" is that, as the show is attempting to show us, things are not so simple.  Future-Peter's constant attempts to change the future just keep making it worse (ie telling Claire to stay home) and Jesse-Peter clearly only has Jesse's power at the moment.

Also I disagree about The German.  Magneto clone?  Yeah, whatever.  Potential to be fucking badass?  HELL YES.

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #75 on: 06 Oct 2008, 12:06 »

They are both German and they both have super magnetic powers?  Seems a little toooooooo similar.  Anyway I cant stand german accents and all those psycho killers were retarded anyway, Im glad they're gone.

Anyway, did we ever figure out how Peter got the scar?  Im still curious

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #76 on: 06 Oct 2008, 12:07 »

Yeah, all of the characters are "clones" of other superheroes, like ideas, there are few "original" or at least interesting powers, that haven't been used before, I've got no complaints with that.

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #77 on: 07 Oct 2008, 06:59 »

Up until now I've always particularly disliked the "Travel to the future to see just how fucked we are" episode and this was really no exception.

so much for the virus giving sylar mind wipe, unless sylar went out and hunted down another future painter and nuclear guy - unlikely. 

urgh to the good sylar crap - it was horribly overdone when Peter first arrived in a blatant attempt to give the viewer a "WTF" moment

I'm wondering who sylars father is, I had assumed it was probably either Kaito or Linderman but essentially anyone other than Peter and Nathan's father but the way they are talking makes it seem like they are full brothers.

Also what was with Sylar being able to grant or deny peter his ability? Plus peter trying to take it by force? up until now peters ability has been passive and automatic peter has never shown any indication of being able to choose which powers he acquires. if there's one thing that pisses me off it's when writers ignore the rules THEY created for a world.

I'm thinking that Angela is the brains behind the big bad, she certainly seems to be setting a lot of people up for a fall - feeding and encouraging sylar - Pushing elle, somene who's never had that good a grip on sanity, away from the only bit of stability she has in her life - manipulating Hiro into releasing Adam. Plus she certainly was more than a tad pissed off when scarface peter showed up and changed what she had been planing for the future.

There are other things but I'll post them later.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #78 on: 07 Oct 2008, 10:22 »

Man, you complain a lot.  Just sayin'.

I thought it was a fantastic episode.  Good-Sylar made perfect sense to me because, again, it has been shown several times in past seasons that he has a human side, and with the explanation that his power is more "hunger for knowledge" than anything else, it all fits.  At some point last year the writers said that this season will finally explain the room in Papa Suresh's apartment with "Father forgive me" and all that written on the walls - and from next week's trailer, it looks like we'll finally meet Papa Patrelli.

And the time-traveling to show what goes wrong was easily the most efficient way to tell the story they're trying to tell - about how good becomes evil and vice versa.  It's great to watch this volume of the season coming together from both sides, and I'm pretty eager to find out how it ends, and how that ties into the second half of the season being called Fugitives.

I think we're supposed to assume that Claire is Sylar's baby momma, since he's named Noah and all, but it could also be that he named him that because him and HRG, in the present, do become a team and HRG sacrifices himself at some point to save Gabriel.

It looks like Parkman is going to be the key to figuring all this shit out, if that damn turtle would hurry up.

Hey, have any of the episodes so far featured the "Godsend" symbol??  That seems like a really glaring omission - maybe it means that things are fucked up?  And I guess they're never going to tell us why Nessika only had her tattoo when she was Jessica.

Originally The Haitian was portrayed as someone doing God's will, a divine good-guy, and I wonder if that has anything to do with Linderman.  Perhaps Linderman is God?   :-o

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #79 on: 07 Oct 2008, 11:47 »

In the world getting destroyed paintings the god-symbol is literally splitting the world in twain.  Very def an awesome episode.  And I dont really care what ya'll think, emo pussy boy-man Peter is my boy.  Its getting interesting!

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #80 on: 07 Oct 2008, 11:59 »

In the world getting destroyed paintings the god-symbol is literally splitting the world in twain.

Ugh, how did I not notice that.   :|

So, given:

1.  The Big Bad is someone "already close to the characters".

2.  The Big Bad shows up in episode 5.

3.  The Big Bad is Papa Patrelli.

wtf

This season is just a bunch of random crazy shit and yet so far it is working beautifully.  It's not good in the same way Season 1 was, but I'm okay with that.  I don't think they could have kept the vibe of Season 1 forever without it becoming an X-Files/conspiracy clone show.

I'm glad Daphne is important but it did seem a little forced/weird that she would end up falling for Matt, of all people.  I was positive she was going to be the reason Ando and Hiro get mad at each other.

Is Angela supposed to be Hiro's mother?  Wasn't that heavily implied last season, I seem to remember at least that it was implied Angela and Kaito had an affair.  Someone needs to make a graph illustrating the family links.

imagist42

« Reply #81 on: 07 Oct 2008, 12:35 »

Angela Petrelli is actually mother to every single one of the supers. Including Adam, whom Kaito (having kept his teleport/time-travel ability secret even at the cost of his own life) took back to feudal Japan as a child just to start that chain reaction of events.

CamusCanDo

• Curry sauce
« Reply #82 on: 07 Oct 2008, 12:41 »

I'm glad Daphne is important but it did seem a little forced/weird that she would end up falling for Matt, of all people.  I was positive she was going to be the reason Ando and Hiro get mad at each other.

Were they an actual couple? All I got was that she had a kid, Molly was calling her "mum" and Peter had totally fucked up her life somehow. I mean it would make total sense, just was it ever stated by both Daphne or Parkman that they were in a relationship.

Unless you mean how she literally fell for him (hurr hurr).

Also, cockroach Mohinder is fucking awesome and I wanna see me some fucked up ugliness.

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #83 on: 07 Oct 2008, 13:29 »

It was made fairly obvious that Daphne and Parkman were a thing and did have a child together, the scene had a very domestic flair.  And Molly since adopted by Parkman as calling Daphne 'mum' that pretty much solidifies it.

Also

Cockroach Mohinder has a Spiderman in the symbiote thing about it, which is totally lame.  Seriously, the super powers have all been pretty generic which is forgivable since well, theres only so many powers to be made up, but that was the most obvious personality trait ripoff to date.
« Last Edit: 07 Oct 2008, 13:31 by Chesire Cat »

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #84 on: 07 Oct 2008, 14:38 »

Were they an actual couple?

African Isaac painted a picture of Parkman with her next to him in a wedding dress.  Until this episode, I was assuming it was just some random girl we'd never see, but in retrospect, it does look exactly like her.  So yeah.

RobbieOC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Whachaw!
« Reply #85 on: 07 Oct 2008, 14:59 »

Just got to watch it. I don't know. This episode was awesome, but nothing about it grabbed me with ideas the way the others have so far. I've got nothing real new to say, except that now that Peter has "the hunger" he and Sylar have officially become the same thing. They can't drag out the "who's the good guy and who's the bad guy" thing too long, or it's just going to get repetitive and boring. To me, anyway.

Future Claire is way hotter than present Claire.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #86 on: 07 Oct 2008, 15:26 »

blonde hotness < not blonde hotness

almost always.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #87 on: 07 Oct 2008, 15:28 »

I disagree completely about Peter and Sylar being the same, the guy who plays Sylar is still wayyyy better at acting. Also opposite on Claire for me as well, I'm not diggin' the whole dye your hair brown and be moody/scary thing. I personally prefer brunettes, I do. Doesn't work on her.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #88 on: 07 Oct 2008, 15:49 »

yeah, the guy who plays Peter really stinks at acting.

i never really paid much attention to it until last night when he had some espescially dramatic line and it was just awful. the guy who plays Sylar, sorry Gabriel, is much much better.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

RobbieOC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Whachaw!
« Reply #89 on: 07 Oct 2008, 16:46 »

Well, when you've got the guy acting with himself, when he's not particularly strong in the first place.... never good.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #90 on: 07 Oct 2008, 18:01 »

blonde hotness < not blonde hotness

I don't usually like blondes but Elle and Daphne are both ridiculously cute.

RobbieOC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Whachaw!
« Reply #91 on: 07 Oct 2008, 20:00 »

The thing is, nearly every girl on the show that is supposed to be attractive (and they are, don't get me wrong) is blonde. Claire, Elle, Daphne, Tracy/Jessica/Whateversheisnow. At least Maya is not blonde, I guess, but come on, Heroes.

After thinking things over a while, I have decided I'm excited to see what will happen with Mohinder, I wonder when they will actually show us what he has become. Also, I'm still fascinated by Matt's storyline, even though we've got very little from it so far.

And, I guess they found a way to use Molly after all. Cool.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #92 on: 08 Oct 2008, 00:32 »

BECAUSE BEING BLONDE MEANS YOU ARE PART OF ZE MASTER RACE YOU SEE
     /
 :-D

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #93 on: 08 Oct 2008, 09:36 »

Man, you complain a lot.  Just sayin'.

Yeah, I nitpick it's what I do. It proves that I like something enough to give it serious contemplation.

Good-Sylar made perfect sense to me because, again, it has been shown several times in past seasons that he has a human side, and with the explanation that his power is more "hunger for knowledge" than anything else, it all fits.

I never said it didn't make sense I just said that it was over done - over acted and way over written.

And Daphne is nowhere near as good looking with her hair down.

We're obviously supposed to assume that peter will or at least might turn evil because he has sylar's power but that makes no sense - why would he need to kill people to feed his thirst to know things - he can already read minds and he can take the powers without killing people. 

Now that we've seen sylar still has his season 1 powers that raises the question of does he have Candice's. - wait it just occurred to me that if sylar had the shanti virus at the start of season 2 A) he wouldn't have had the "hunger" so why would he want to kill her at all? B)Having killed her how would he be able to examine the brain to find the power without his power?

Also season needs more muscle mimic girl. and more Elle.

Muppet King

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #94 on: 08 Oct 2008, 10:14 »

It does make sense for Peter to have to kill people, though.  Sylar's power is to know how things work by looking at them.  Peter's power is either mimicry or he possibly has all the powers but doesn't know it yet.  Mind reading doesn't mean he knows how the power works, just what they're thinking, and those people don't know how the power works, just that they have it and can access it.  He still needs to take off the top of their heads in order to examine the brain and find out exactly how it works.
Yes, as a matter of fact, we'll probably use algebra like mad today!

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #95 on: 08 Oct 2008, 12:42 »

Yeah, The Hunger isn't a hunger for the powers themselves, but rather for knowledge of how they work.  Peter gets powers just by being around people, sure, but he knows fuck-all about how they work (as evidenced by his rather poor usage of them compared to Sylar).

I maintain Daddy Gabriel was written and acted perfectly.  Given four years' time and being a dad, it's no more ridiculous than anything else in the show - I don't watch it expecting there to not be massive clichés, since they've established that at this point it's a "comic book" show.  Granted, it wasn't quite that in Season 1, but as I said earlier, I think they had to evolve past the vibe of Season 1 because it just wouldn't have held its magic much longer than that.

Sylar doesn't have Candice's power because at the time he tried to read her brain, he had no powers whatsoever, including his own.  I hope they don't retcon that, because her power is both insanely confusing for viewers and would be make Sylar truly ridiculous, considering how powerful she was (this was really only shown in the webcomic with her origin).

blanktom

• FIGHT YOU
  • Liev Schreiber scares me
    • myspace!
« Reply #96 on: 08 Oct 2008, 16:38 »

Cliffhanger to 'I Am Become Death' = HOLY SHIT WHY DID NONE OF US SEE THAT COMING.
Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?

RobbieOC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Whachaw!
« Reply #97 on: 08 Oct 2008, 21:52 »

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #98 on: 08 Oct 2008, 22:22 »

Holy shit.  That picture.  THAT FUCKING PICTURE.  That is awesome.  What is it, a St. Pauli Girl ad?

RobbieOC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Whachaw!
« Reply #99 on: 08 Oct 2008, 22:28 »

I don't know what it is. I found it here.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up