THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 05:07
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Heroes  (Read 86684 times)

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • oh hi
Re: Heroes
« Reply #100 on: 08 Oct 2008, 22:34 »

I found it here.

Hello new way to find things to lol @ while drunk!

Man, this thread really makes me want to suck some cock.

RobbieOC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Whachaw!
    • Facebookfacebookfacebook
« Reply #101 on: 08 Oct 2008, 22:41 »

But sometimes it's NSFW! Be careful!

imagist42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • more post-coital, less post-rock
« Reply #102 on: 09 Oct 2008, 08:19 »

I like how Peter-actor is staring at Claire-actress's boobs.
Hopefully it goes without saying but you should always ask before sticking things in people's butts

RobbieOC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Whachaw!
« Reply #103 on: 09 Oct 2008, 11:48 »

I think they're maybe dating in real life. Which is actually kind of weird.

Remember her when she was in Remember the Titans?

imagist42

« Reply #104 on: 09 Oct 2008, 12:07 »

I think they're maybe dating in real life. Which is actually kind of weird.

That's part of why it's funny. But yeah, he's like 1.5 times her age, and also acts the part of her character's brother, so it is kind of weird.
Hopefully it goes without saying but you should always ask before sticking things in people's butts

Fluxuation

• Plantmonster
    • http://www.myspace.com/andrew87part2
« Reply #105 on: 09 Oct 2008, 13:07 »

Also what was with Sylar being able to grant or deny peter his ability? Plus peter trying to take it by force? up until now peters ability has been passive and automatic peter has never shown any indication of being able to choose which powers he acquires. if there's one thing that pisses me off it's when writers ignore the rules THEY created for a world.

I personally thought that what they were showing in that scene wasnt exactly sylar letting peter take his powers, but sylar teaching peter how to use his powers. sure peter can take the powers of whoever he wants but if he doesnt know what the power is or what it does how can he use it? maybe sylar had never revealed what his power does. he had to tell peter what to do (by giving him the broken watch and telling him how to envision fixing it) in order for peter to use it.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #106 on: 09 Oct 2008, 14:05 »

That's part of why it's funny. But yeah, he's like 1.5 times her age, and also acts the part of her character's brother, so it is kind of weird.

Not as weird as those pictures from Season 1 episode shoots that showed Jack Coleman kissing her.  She hadn't even turned 18 at that point!

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #107 on: 09 Oct 2008, 14:11 »

WEIRD
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

RobbieOC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Whachaw!
« Reply #108 on: 09 Oct 2008, 14:16 »

CLAIRE BEAR

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #109 on: 09 Oct 2008, 15:30 »

Seeing a guy who has killed a dozen of people in a apron is emasculating, but funny
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #110 on: 13 Oct 2008, 19:27 »

Ho-lee shee-it that was a cool fuckin' episode.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #111 on: 13 Oct 2008, 20:42 »

That was a rather WTF episode
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #112 on: 13 Oct 2008, 21:14 »

Yeah tonight's episode was a whole lot of awesome and WTF.

The only glaring problem is Hiro stabbing Ando.  There better be an explanation like "Hiro is going to go back in time and save him" or something because otherwise, it makes no sense.

More good-guy Sylar was awesome.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #113 on: 13 Oct 2008, 21:28 »

I've never been much into Heroes. It's the kind of thing I'll watch if I'm bored or tired and it happens to be on, and after an hour I'll usually get slightly bemused and slightly entertained. However, having tuned into the first couple of episodes of the latest season last week, I have to ask: does Marlo Jamie Hector do anything cool in later episodes?

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #114 on: 13 Oct 2008, 21:45 »

SPOILER SPOILER

He feeds on the fear of Sylar's son in the future and then proceeds to kill him.
And back in the present he "tests" Hiro by telling him to kill Ando (which Hiro proceeds to shockingly do).

He is pretty much a sinister dude

By the way, that was a definite WTF moment, along with the vortex dude's end and Pa Patrelli
« Last Edit: 13 Oct 2008, 21:50 by KickThatBathProf »

RobbieOC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Whachaw!
« Reply #115 on: 13 Oct 2008, 22:27 »

This was a good episode. I wasn't sure I liked all the stuff with Hiro, because maybe I wasn't paying enough attention and wasn't sure why he would just decide to be a bad guy, but now I guess we know what happened to make Ando so pissed, right?

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #116 on: 14 Oct 2008, 00:58 »

I've never been much into Heroes. It's the kind of thing I'll watch if I'm bored or tired and it happens to be on, and after an hour I'll usually get slightly bemused and slightly entertained. However, having tuned into the first couple of episodes of the latest season last week, I have to ask: does Marlo Jamie Hector do anything cool in later episodes?
Given what they done to Bubbles, I figure his chances aren't that great.

I love the AV Club's blog for this show.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #117 on: 14 Oct 2008, 01:47 »

Good episode over all. There were only three small things I didn't like - two of which will hopefully be resolved later.

1. as other people have said, Hiro stabbing Ando. If that was supposed to be his desent into darkness then it was terribly acted but no doubt he'll wake up in the company with a few drops of Clair/Adam/Peter/Sylar blood and a handy addition of blast of red lightning to go with it.

2. ok, so you've confirmed beyond doubt that Linderman is not there, so how then did Nathan heal?

3. everyone including the writers seems to keep forgetting that sylar has amazing hearing, as soon as Noah even mentioned to black hole man that he wanted sylar dead he would have known about it and I doubt sylar would gamble his life on a strangers desire to not be a monster.

beyond that the only thing that irritated me was the writers seeming to be determined to cram the word monster in there as many times as is humanly possible.

As far as speculation goes: a third nikki was briefly mentioned I wonder if they're going to save her until after Tracy is dead or bring her on soon so that we can have some more of that actors acting with themselves which seems to be so popular lately (and I'm not just talking about heroes).

I'm also a little confused as to how Patrelli and Parkman sr seem to have an omniscient knowledge of whats going on in the world. Surely Parkmans power can't be that expansive or he'd be unstoppable and from what we saw Patrelli's power seems to be something along the lines of full body paralysis

Does anyone else think that when Patrelli Sr 'died' in season one Angela had tried to kill him?
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #118 on: 14 Oct 2008, 06:27 »

I honestly don't think that Hiro killed Ando at all. When you can stop and manipulate time and teleport wherever you want, you can make arrangements in advance. Because Ando looked more confused than in pain there, which may just be bad acting but I refuse to believe Hiro would do that.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Muppet King

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #119 on: 14 Oct 2008, 06:58 »

Good episode over all. There were only three small things I didn't like - two of which will hopefully be resolved later.

1. as other people have said, Hiro stabbing Ando. If that was supposed to be his desent into darkness then it was terribly acted but no doubt he'll wake up in the company with a few drops of Clair/Adam/Peter/Sylar blood and a handy addition of blast of red lightning to go with it.

2. ok, so you've confirmed beyond doubt that Linderman is not there, so how then did Nathan heal?

3. everyone including the writers seems to keep forgetting that sylar has amazing hearing, as soon as Noah even mentioned to black hole man that he wanted sylar dead he would have known about it and I doubt sylar would gamble his life on a strangers desire to not be a monster.

You can clearly see a shimmer around the sword when he stabs him.  Somehow Hiro used his power to make it appear that he killed Ando, but didn't actually hurt him.

You forget that Peter is capable of healing people, and it was future Peter so no doubt he had a power similar to Linderman's to heal Nathan.

Remember Sylar had to learn how to control the super hearing; I'm guessing he can turn it on and off, but doesn't use it often since it's a fairly useless power/is trying to turn over a new leaf.  Either that, or he didn't get that power back after curing the virus.
Yes, as a matter of fact, we'll probably use algebra like mad today!

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #120 on: 14 Oct 2008, 09:34 »

if he could turn it on and off at will he'd probably have done it there, because there really wasn't a better opportunity, and he can figure it out later.

Future Peter definitely didn't heal Nathan, as he was sitting out in the hall when the guy came and told him Nathan was dead. (the switch had occured earlier when Peter chased himself after future him shot Nathan.

That does in fact make little sense, but who knows, maybe Nathan did it to himself. They just said that he was born without powers so they gave him one, but they had no idea Claire could do what she did until they found out HRG was covering it up, right? Of course that doesn't make sense either because he would have healed after the explosion supposedly, and Takedo did that. Who I'm assuming they're going to do for Arthur Petrelli by capturing him...

Of course honestly we don't know what Arthur Petrelli's power is yet, since telepathy is in Parkman's area of expertise, though I'm assuming we'll find out. I still think the Balefire thing is kinda lame idea.

Muppet King

« Reply #121 on: 14 Oct 2008, 09:55 »

You're right, so my guess is that he didn't get that power back.  Unfortunately that would leave an explanation needed for how future Sylar could still be nuclear.  Perhaps we're just dealing with the aftermath of the unplanned season two finale.

I forgot Peter was in the hall...maybe he was waiting for that so he could go heal him?  He would have had to act surprised in order to maintain the guise of being present Peter.  I wasn't paying close attention at that part; I find Peter heavy scenes to be cringe worthy usually because of his poor acting.

I hadn't thought of Nathan possibly having another power.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #122 on: 14 Oct 2008, 10:40 »

man Daphne is a babe
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #123 on: 14 Oct 2008, 11:50 »

Papa Petrelli and a puppet master. Oh, things will get SO interesting.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #124 on: 14 Oct 2008, 12:57 »

Yeah, Daphne is pretty hot.

october1983

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • It is a foreign country!
« Reply #125 on: 14 Oct 2008, 13:02 »

Maybe Pa Patrelli is the guy who Future-Peter got his body-switching abilities from?
Quote from: Jens in Meebo
"MY SON JUST WANTED TO COME LIKE A THUNDERSTORM"
"AND YOU ROBBED HIM OF HIS LIFE"

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #126 on: 14 Oct 2008, 13:11 »

Then why wouldn't Arthur have just switched out of his own body into someone else?

0bsessions

• Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #127 on: 14 Oct 2008, 13:45 »

Some complaints I have seen thus far:

Why would Claire think she could kill Peter?

How is Linderman back from the dead when he had a hole in his head?

Why didn't Peter use his powers in the bank?

We are not even a full month into the season, folks. Speculation is fun, but really, the expectation that they lay all their cards out on the table that seems to follow this show is bordering on the realm of ludicrous. Yes, there have been some flubs that really should be resolved already (Peter's omnipresent future scar, what's up with Sylar's powers*, where is Caitlin**), but they tend to get around to shit eventually and this season in particular seems to be moving at a very swift pace in terms of answers. Again, we're less than a month in and we've already seen so many questions raised and then answered rather swiftly while weaving in new ones. This is how serialized fiction works.

*This has actually been answered by the writers. When he contracted the Shanti virus, he lost every ability except his telekinesis. His nuclear and future panting abilities are, according to them, the result of Sylar taking the abilities from others again (As we are well aware that powers do repeat and he is clearly not over his tendencies by a long shot as yet). I don't necessarily count this as a full on resolution since it was answered in interviews rather than in the actual show.

**This was set to be resolved, but has since been completely fucked by the writers' strike. It was supposed to be taken care of in the latter half of season 2, but when the strike occurred, the situation became a difficult one. Aside from the fact they had to completely and drastically rewrite the ending to volume 2 (And I mean DRASTICALLY, some of the shit I've heard whispered was pretty severe), scheduling conflicts with minor characters likely came up. That's also why Candice was killed off. She was originally supposed to pal around with Sylar for a while, but Missy Peregrim left the show and by the time they realized they really dug the temporary replacement actress, an entire restructuring of the season would have been necessary to write her back in.

In summation: Watch the show, people. Your questions will 90% likely be answered in due time, provided we don't see another strike.

Edit: For those curious, I get most of the behind the scenes info I reference here from Comic Book Resources' weekly article Behind the Eclipse, which they run every Monday afternoon covering questions submitted concerning the prior week's episode.
« Last Edit: 14 Oct 2008, 13:49 by 0bsessions »
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #128 on: 14 Oct 2008, 19:13 »

Watch that scene again, it seemed incredibly obvious to me that Sylar did, in fact, use his super-hearing and knew what they were saying.  But as we have seen that Sylar is trying to be "good", he didn't immediately flip out and start TK-tossing everyone around, he waited to see how it played out.

The look on Claire's face when she noticed Sylar was saving her from Black Hole Sun was priceless.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #129 on: 20 Oct 2008, 19:01 »

"High five, turtle"

and

"Hello? Mr. African Isaac?"

have been the best two lines of this entire season, thus far.

And fuck if that shovel bit didn't have me laughing my ass off.
JON MADE ME GAY

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #130 on: 21 Oct 2008, 07:26 »

I'm glad adam is dead, it was good that they got rid of him permanently, rather than leaving him for when they need something to rely on.

apart from that, yay for remembering Claude's power finally.

But frankly the whole thing with the puppet master guy was boring and predictable, the whole time they were focusing on that I was impatient for them to get back to some of the other characters, notably Mohinder who does seem to be probably the most interesting in terms of the Hero/Villain stuff. 

When Daphene was explaining to hiro about the assignment he was being given my video stuck for a moment after she described his powers, in which time I pre empted hiros cry of "Mr Isark" like a derranged fan boy, leading to a moment of "I'm glad no one was here to see that"
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #131 on: 21 Oct 2008, 10:19 »

I was rather disappointed with Pa Patrelli's power because it's basically the same power as Peter and Sylar.  I mean, actually taking away the powers of that person is a good tweak on the power, but it's still the same basic power unless there's something else different about it.  (I'll admit, though, that killing Monroe like he was Indiana Jones' adversary in Last Crusade was pretty cool)

Also, Peter has to be pretty dumb to walk right into that "give your father a hug" trap

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #132 on: 21 Oct 2008, 10:25 »

"High five, turtle"

Parkman and his turtle are awesome.  Second only to Sylar/HRG.

Loved this episode.  The writers really did get their shit together over the strike.  And I love how Daphne is basically semi-accidentally bringing the "good" people together because she doesn't want to be "bad".  The actress is insanely cute and does a very good job.

Also loving how self-aware the show is.  "Why don't you just travel back in time one minute?"  Making fun of people who nerd-rage out about "Why doesn't Hiro just go back and fix everything", people who seem to have forgotten Charlie and the fact that the past is something you can't really fuck with.

Sylar being the "real hero" now is great, Peter made a pretty sucky one.

I'm assuming there will be yet another Parkman vs. Parkman showdown.

God damn them for killing of Adam, though, he was one of the most amusing actors to watch, and his hijinx with Hiro were great.

Yeah, they spent too much time on the puppetmaster part, especially since he wasn't so much scary as creepy and a bit, er, "fabulous" sounding.  It seemed awfully contrived that he had a past relationship with Meredith, though.  That girl must have screwed half of the southwest.  Also, I really don't know why they brought her of all people back, other than the obvious (she's Claire's mom), because her character in Season 1 was basically "om nom nom money I don't give a shit about my daughter just GIVE ME THE MONEY LEBOWSKI".

It would have been funny if they'd thrown in a little scene where a pilot at the airport passes by Matt and says "Hey, didn't you used to work for Oceanic Airlines?"   :lol:

imagist42

« Reply #133 on: 21 Oct 2008, 22:18 »

"High five, turtle"

and

"Hello? Mr. African Isaac?"

have been the best two lines of this entire season, thus far.

And fuck if that shovel bit didn't have me laughing my ass off.

I don't know, "They all look the same to me" / "That's racist" was pretty good. Although no way does it beat "High five, turtle."

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #134 on: 22 Oct 2008, 16:21 »

Man. Peter from the present obviously gets his powers back or there would be no peter from the future to tell him about everything bad.

The further into Heroes it goes, the more the loop holes are starting to irk me.

But still, great episode.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #135 on: 23 Oct 2008, 10:28 »

Might explain why peter of the future was able to be killed.

imagist42

« Reply #136 on: 23 Oct 2008, 10:30 »

No, that was because Claire put a bullet in his brain. And we have seen before that objects lodged in immortals' brains tend to keep them dead until removed. Also, it wouldn't explain how he was still able to use telekinesis, time travel and whatever other abilities.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #137 on: 23 Oct 2008, 10:33 »

I thought she only shot him in the chest, I don't remember there being a head wound... maybe my memory is just effed up at the moment though.

Muppet King

« Reply #138 on: 23 Oct 2008, 11:28 »

I thought he died because the Haitian was there to block his healing power.  It looked like he only got shot in the chest...but as I said before, I don't pay much attention when Peter is on screen because he's just barely bearable.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #139 on: 23 Oct 2008, 11:38 »

The correct answer:

Future Peter was not shot in the head. He was shot in the chest. He died because the Haitian was present and blocking his powers.

There is no such continuity error concerning Peter losing his powers for multiple reasons:

One, future Peter and Angela have both noted that the future he came from will not occur in any precisely identical manner due to his coming back in time and fucking around with shit. This was the entire point of the second episode of this season, folks. It was even titled 'Butterfly Effect.' Watch Back to the god damn Future, people.

Future Peter is dead and present Peter didn't lose his powers until after he was killed and this all occurred after Peter visited the future. For all we know, that future doesn't exist anymore.

I will give the fact that it's clearly obvious Peter will get his powers back, but it has nothing to do with the fact he has powers in the last future we saw and everything to do with the fact Peter is the fact Peter is the closest thing the show has to a main character.
JON MADE ME GAY

gospel

• The German Chancellory building
  • the word
« Reply #140 on: 23 Oct 2008, 13:00 »

Time traveling is such a cheesy gimmick now.
"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer."

-Abraham Lincoln

dozyrozy

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #141 on: 23 Oct 2008, 14:13 »

I like the fact that we know know who would win in a fight between Sylar and Peter. Although I bet if their show down had been a few episodes earlier, before Sylar started trying to be good and Peter began to be evil because of Sylar's power the outcome would have been different. I always knew Sylar was misunderstood, ever since season one!! He is definitely my favourite character.

I watched the American episodes a couple of weeks before they came out in England, so I think I got a bit muddled... for some reason I thought that future Peter had been locked up after being shot by Claire and survived, but that's obviously something my brain just made up for fun.

And I love the fact that Matt's spirit animal is that turtle! Matt is an amazing character, and I'm looking forward to him getting to use his powers a bit more to protect Daphne (I aw'd when he said he would protect her, such a cute couple)

And final note... I can't wait to see this week's episode... and I think last week's, in snych. Damn internet ain't letting the sound keep up with the video when I watch it!

EDIT: I lied, one more note. Thank you blanktom for the link to online Heroes!! Love you!!
I think I'll take a nap now...

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #142 on: 23 Oct 2008, 18:14 »

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's sound is out of sync, I've been watching them on surfthechannel and there is a good second/second and a half delay on the sound. very annoying especially when Hiro and Ando are speaking in Japanese (the fact that they still do this is a very good thing) cos it's hard to figure out who's saying what.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #143 on: 24 Oct 2008, 06:49 »

dude nbc.com.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #144 on: 24 Oct 2008, 12:07 »

Doesn't work if you're not in the states.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #145 on: 24 Oct 2008, 14:49 »

hulu.com?
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

imagist42

« Reply #146 on: 24 Oct 2008, 15:47 »

Also doesn't work outside the States. Surfthechannel is, in fact, the best international place right now, ever since TV Links went down (its zombie revival is pretty awful).

CamusCanDo

• Curry sauce
« Reply #147 on: 24 Oct 2008, 16:36 »

Surfthechannel is good and I use it daily but if you want things that are uploaded straight after they are aired, or thereabouts, then I recommend sidereel.com. It serves the same purpose as surfthechannel, it just seems that it's updated a lot quicker

Harun

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #148 on: 24 Oct 2008, 23:27 »

you're all incorrect.

Ninjavideo.net has friggin HDTV rips of Heroes. No buffering. In 720 frickin progressive HD.

also, I am in love with Dania Ramirez's character Maya. Too bad she fell in love with The Fly.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #149 on: 25 Oct 2008, 04:14 »

Eh, Maya is the least consistently interesting character the show has produced so far, I think.  Well, maybe Claire's real mom is worse, but still.

SPOILERS:

Episode 8 is supposedly titled "Eclipse" and EVERYONE WILL LOSE THEIR POWERS.

I... I really don't know what to think about that.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up