THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 13:31
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Heroes  (Read 86714 times)

Siibillam-Law

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Ha Ha Fucking Ha
    • Siibillam's Storywrite
Re: Heroes
« Reply #150 on: 25 Oct 2008, 07:49 »

Argh! You Americans are ahead of the Brits! hard to discuss in a topic where i see spoilers.....

Anyone got a site where I can watch Heroes online? hulu and nbc don't seem to work if you're outside the US and youtube's as behind as we are
There is no sin except stupidity

october1983

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • It is a foreign country!
« Reply #151 on: 25 Oct 2008, 08:38 »

Someone posts links on got-heroes.com for each episode. Handy!
Quote from: Jens in Meebo
"MY SON JUST WANTED TO COME LIKE A THUNDERSTORM"
"AND YOU ROBBED HIM OF HIS LIFE"

Siibillam-Law

• Ha Ha Fucking Ha
    • Siibillam's Storywrite
« Reply #152 on: 25 Oct 2008, 09:11 »

woo, cheers all

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #153 on: 25 Oct 2008, 10:10 »

I just torrent them. I have fun being from the future because I'm ahead of the English showings. I hope what happened to Peter in episode 6 will make him be less of a dick.

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #154 on: 25 Oct 2008, 10:20 »

I'm kinda thinking it will make him more of a dick, just cos he's lost the ability to understand things, doesn't mean that the power didn't leave him with the traces wanting to understand everything.
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #155 on: 25 Oct 2008, 11:23 »

Yeah, but Peter was too powerful. They were slowly giving him a god like status. They got rid of the 'gods' Sylar vs Peter factor when they made Sylar start turning into a good guy, which I thought was a step in the right direction.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

öde

« Reply #156 on: 25 Oct 2008, 20:54 »

Exactly, Peter was a complete force of good by the end of season one and he was pretty much powerful enough to save the day every time. Now he's confused, angry, deluded, and now powerless. Maybe he'll work his way back up.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #157 on: 25 Oct 2008, 21:28 »

Maybe he'll just keep failing and end up even twistier while Gabriel becomes the greatest thing to come out of Ma Patrelli's vagina.

Siibillam-Law

• Ha Ha Fucking Ha
    • Siibillam's Storywrite
« Reply #158 on: 26 Oct 2008, 12:15 »

It would be pretty cool, albeit somewhat cliched, if both Peters ended up fighting. Future Peter wouldn't even have much of an advantage would he, because ordinary Peter would have all the powers Future one has (by standing next to him)

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • oh hi
« Reply #159 on: 26 Oct 2008, 14:22 »

Perhaps the Japan-destroying explosion Hiro saw in his vision, and the "world breaking in half" paintings, mean that Papa Patrelli will get so many powers that he goes nuclear on a WAY bigger scale than Ted or Sylar did.

Would be kind of dumb, but hey, it's a dumb show (things can be both dumb and good: see "Knights of Cydonia" for example, both song and video).
Man, this thread really makes me want to suck some cock.

Siibillam-Law

• Ha Ha Fucking Ha
    • Siibillam's Storywrite
« Reply #160 on: 27 Oct 2008, 13:47 »

thats' the thing with Heroes is that whilst it's hell dramatic, sometimes bordering soap opera, it doesn't really take itself too seriously, keeping in mind how they're contsantly reminding us about the comic book elements.
I tuned off Lost because of that. It was getting too silly whilst keeping it as serious as anything

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #161 on: 27 Oct 2008, 15:04 »

Man, you should give LOST another chance.  Season 4 was pure, absolute gold and made up for all the stupid things in seasons 2 and 3.  One episode of S4 made me cry.

imagist42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • more post-coital, less post-rock
« Reply #162 on: 27 Oct 2008, 15:45 »

Also, Lost is only really serious if you ignore everything Locke and Ben do. Both of their interactions with everyone "beneath" them, or at least those with whom they disagree, are very much tongue-in-cheek, and I smile most of the time they are talking. Also, Hurley. Even when he is tragic, it is kind of funny.
Hopefully it goes without saying but you should always ask before sticking things in people's butts

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #163 on: 27 Oct 2008, 16:01 »

I hope that when LOST is over, Jorge Garcia and Michael Emerson star in a wacky buddy cop film where they have to take down Terry O'Quinn, supervillain.

Siibillam-Law

• Ha Ha Fucking Ha
    • Siibillam's Storywrite
« Reply #164 on: 27 Oct 2008, 16:16 »

Wow. I'd actually try to watch that

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #165 on: 28 Oct 2008, 00:10 »

I like that they took Elle on a plane when her very presence wigged out not-terribly-sensitive electronics earlier. Retarded in that special Heroes way.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #166 on: 28 Oct 2008, 01:31 »

I'm looking forward to this week's episode (in Australia), because it's the one that has Andre Royo in it, and after that's been and gone I won't feel obliged to watch the show any more.

When I was watching the last episode to screen here (because Jamie Hector was in it, duh), and there was the scene with future-Peter talking to present-Peter, which meant that that actor was playing both roles in a dialogue scene . . . Christ it was painful to watch.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #167 on: 28 Oct 2008, 01:33 »

This episode was pretty damn close to Season 2 bad.  Almost nothing happened, and it looks like nothing will happen next episode either, other than instead of seeing Matt's dream of the future we'll see Hiro's dream of the past.

The only decent parts were the ones with Sylar and Matt/Daphne, and those were pretty short.  I was really rolling my eyes when it appeared that Sylar was going to fall for Pa Patrelli's "No, your MOM is evil" schtick, but cushioning Peter's fall was a nice touch.

And for real, the guy that plays Pa is doing a horrible job of being particularly villainous.  He has a funny accent and some vague plan.  Ooooo.   :roll:

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #168 on: 28 Oct 2008, 06:42 »

One thing that irritates me about this season is how clear cut (at least to the audience) the Angela/Primatech good - Arthur/Pinecrest bad is. With the first season and to a lesser extent the second it was never really clear even at the end where everyone stood in terms of good/evil.

What's with Arthur needing Mohinder's help with the formula - they've already got at least 4 adult test subjects, at least 2 of whom appear to have no side effect

And one final gripe Daphne was shown to know both Morrie and Arthur, so why were they bothering to use the illusion of Linderman with her?

But I'm glad Morrie's dead, between him and Adam that pretty much means that all of the season 2 bads are gone rather than just left in stasis as they were at the end of series 2.

I'm curious to see what the big secret Daphne keeps hinting to Matt about is.

Oh, and I predict the dream that Angela had when Sylar was born was of him killing Arthur.

Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #169 on: 28 Oct 2008, 09:34 »

The only redeeming factor of that episode was Jamie Hector punching through Matt Parkman.
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

MrSteevo

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Bros before hoes dawg
« Reply #170 on: 28 Oct 2008, 11:06 »

The thing that erks me most about this season is how we gained so many characters and lost all connection to them.
They're emotions are paper thin, yet radical and changing at an extreme pace! It's like they all have PMS.
They can fix it, and I really hope they do.
Because right now the only reason to watch is the effects.
You would not be able to kill me. I would win.

0bsessions

• Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #171 on: 28 Oct 2008, 11:10 »

Sentence structure: try it sometime.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

dozyrozy

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #172 on: 28 Oct 2008, 11:53 »

And one final gripe Daphne was shown to know both Morrie and Arthur, so why were they bothering to use the illusion of Linderman with her?

I think she didn't know them before, but after she showed that she knew Linderman was an illusion maybe they thought that there wasn't much point in using him to give her instructions.

I agree with Jackie Blue that the Sylar and Matt/Daphnie bits are the best and I wish they would have Sylar in it more. He is by far the best character (and not just because he's yummy), but his character has so much depth and is really interesting! I love that he cushioned Peter; I knew he was too smart to just fall for Pa Patrelli's spiel.
I think I'll take a nap now...

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #173 on: 28 Oct 2008, 12:23 »

Actually, I don't think Maury is dead.  I think it was a staged illusion fake-out to convince Daphne to go along with it.  Otherwise, African Isaac's painting of "the four big bad guys you need to stop" was kind of pointless since one of them was most definitely Maury.

And there was actually one other good part of the episode: Elle is back and her and Claire were "bonding".   :lol:

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #174 on: 28 Oct 2008, 13:41 »

Oh fuck I missed last night! I went to sleep at like 7! NOOOOOO. Not reading this thread yet, not reading this thread....
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Muppet King

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #175 on: 28 Oct 2008, 13:57 »

So watch it tonight on G4.

I'm glad they got rid of Maya for the time being.  I hated her last season, and this season she was just beginning to get tolerable.  I get the feeling that they were testing Daphne to see if she'd really kill Matt.  Not just because of African Isaac's painting, but because I think Arthur would have taken his power before killing him.
Yes, as a matter of fact, we'll probably use algebra like mad today!

CamusCanDo

• Curry sauce
« Reply #176 on: 28 Oct 2008, 21:50 »

Actually, I don't think Maury is dead.  I think it was a staged illusion fake-out to convince Daphne to go along with it.  Otherwise, African Isaac's painting of "the four big bad guys you need to stop" was kind of pointless since one of them was most definitely Maury.

And there was actually one other good part of the episode: Elle is back and her and Claire were "bonding".   :lol:

Angela's dream/vision of the bad guys on Level 5 also had Adam and Maury in it, along with Tracy and Knox IRC and I'm pretty sure I'm missing out someone else too. With both Adam and Maury supposedly dead it makes the whole scene pretty pointless too. It could be an example of just because it's seen in the future doesn't mean it's actually going to happen.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #177 on: 29 Oct 2008, 15:14 »

Or the writers are just terribly, terribly inconsistent.

Which is impossible.
I review, sometimes.
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

CarbonatedWeasel

« Reply #178 on: 29 Oct 2008, 16:27 »

When Peter had all of his powers stolen does that mean that his ability to absorb powers was also taken? Because future Peter still had powers and Im not sure how he would have gotten them back.  Him not having the ability to heal for a time would explain the scar on his face though.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #179 on: 29 Oct 2008, 17:05 »

Obviously they were taken, or it'd be a moot point. If Arthur took everything but Peter's mimicry power, Peter could just remimic everything that had just been sapped from him.

Again, future scenario, not written in stone, haven't seen it since Peter lost his powers.
JON MADE ME GAY

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #180 on: 29 Oct 2008, 17:38 »

Remember, none of these events happened to scarface Peter. in his timeline Clair wasn't at home when sylar attacked (although what prompted her to leave is another question as Nathan wasn't shot in that timeline) so Sylar never attacked the company and the level five inmates never got out, which meant that Arthur had no one to 'translate' his thoughts into orders, meaning he was left as a vegetable.

Wait that means for scarface the big bad who created the formula wasn't Arthur. Which means that either Mohinder perfected it on his lonesome or the person who releases it to the public was someone else - not Arthur and none of the level five inmates, so that leaves Adam or Angela and as Adam was fairly disapproving of the formula and is dead in the current timeline that wouldn't make for a very interesting story twist - so maybe it was Angela all along and Pinehurst will turn out to be the good guys.

While it's a very clever, and indeed very likely idea, I really hope its not the case. This series has already had enough *omg he's dead audience all get upset now... oh wait no he's not we were only kidding LOL* moments.
1. Nathan (who's miraculous recovery still hasn't been explained)
2. Clair when sylar came to call
3. The entire series is kind of based around it with Arthur
4. Matt and Daphne
5. Peter being thrown out a window with no healing facing certain doom then *addbreak*

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #181 on: 29 Oct 2008, 18:50 »

6. Ando
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #182 on: 29 Oct 2008, 18:59 »

Knew I had forgotten someone. thanks

imagist42

« Reply #183 on: 29 Oct 2008, 19:20 »

Wait that means for scarface the big bad who created the formula wasn't Arthur. Which means that either Mohinder perfected it on his lonesome or the person who releases it to the public was someone else - not Arthur and none of the level five inmates, so that leaves Adam or Angela and as Adam was fairly disapproving of the formula and is dead in the current timeline that wouldn't make for a very interesting story twist - so maybe it was Angela all along and Pinehurst will turn out to be the good guys.

I was pretty sure Scarface's future was not the super-powered one he took Peter to. His future is the one where all the supers are hunted and persecuted because Nathan came out to the public. The one he took Peter to is the one that resulted from him stopping Nathan, allowing the formula to be completed and released to the public so they are more like "oooh gimme" instead of "get away freaks!"
Hopefully it goes without saying but you should always ask before sticking things in people's butts

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #184 on: 29 Oct 2008, 21:21 »

I think its pretty consistent so far throughout all of the futures that Peter has a scar. There's never been an exact reason given for why it exists, but every time you see a future version of Peter he has it, so its gotta come from somewhere.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #185 on: 29 Oct 2008, 23:20 »

I was pretty sure Scarface's future was not the super-powered one he took Peter to. His future is the one where all the supers are hunted and persecuted because Nathan came out to the public. The one he took Peter to is the one that resulted from him stopping Nathan, allowing the formula to be completed and released to the public so they are more like "oooh gimme" instead of "get away freaks!"

I think that these are somehow the same futures, after all Claire wanted to kill him in both, and Scarface has a pretty good idea of what's going on in the version of the future where every has powers. I'm guessing that Nathan gave his speech about being able to fly and the public got all upset about the freaks, but then when Nathan found out that his ability was synthetic (which he would have sooner or later) he would have gone public with that too which would have caused a pretty immediate change from "No freaks in my town" to "Hey where can I get my hands on this stuff" (probably with a side not of "You can't just play god") The reason Scareface was on the run wasn't that he had powers but that he had been labeled a terrorist because he was trying to do everything he could to stop the world tearing itself in two.

As for Peter's scar, so far we've seen three separate futures, one where the bomb went off, one where peter was one of the first victims of the virus, and one where everyone has abilities. In at least two of those we know he had an identical scar. But due to the fact that any and all incidents after the bomb going off were aborted at the end of series one I doubt they occurred for the same reason, unless you want to believe in a fated event that happens to peter no matter what else happens in the world.

The other explanation is that it is a very handy device used by the writers to ensure that the audience doesn't get confused about which peter is which.

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
  • Standing proudly behind unpopular opinions
« Reply #186 on: 29 Oct 2008, 23:29 »

I think the way the show is set up where there are certain 'event horizons' that are static, no matter what anyone did there was going to be an explosion in New York, and the only in the present (when it happens) can it be changed.  I think in this season the 'event horizon' is everyone gets powers and it destroys the world, and the singular moment it happens (the formula gets cracked) is the moment it can be changed.

Diverging futures are irrelevant, they all lead to the same points, the points that get painted by the Isaacs/envisioned Ma Patrelli.  All the time travel in the world doesnt stop the events from happening, just change how they happen.
"In this zero sum game everything given to another, reduces me"

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #187 on: 30 Oct 2008, 02:25 »

The other explanation is that it is a very handy device used by the writers to ensure that the audience doesn't get confused about which peter is which.

Well, there is the fact that Future peter wears that leather coat as well as having that scar.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #188 on: 30 Oct 2008, 05:04 »

Are you saying that he got the scar in a knife-fight with a rival biker gang?

I think you must be. I have decided that you are.

october1983

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • It is a foreign country!
« Reply #189 on: 30 Oct 2008, 09:32 »

Diverging futures are irrelevant, they all lead to the same points, the points that get painted by the Isaacs/envisioned Ma Patrelli.  All the time travel in the world doesnt stop the events from happening, just change how they happen.

While I think you might be right about there being certain event horizons, you have to bear in mind that Ma Patrelli has already mentioned her dreams changing (when future Peter was doing some meddling), while "African Isaac" told Parkman his future had changed painted over one of his previous paintings with the image of Daphne dying in Parkman's arms, so obviously not all of the points that they see are inevitable.
Quote from: Jens in Meebo
"MY SON JUST WANTED TO COME LIKE A THUNDERSTORM"
"AND YOU ROBBED HIM OF HIS LIFE"

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
  • Standing proudly behind unpopular opinions
« Reply #190 on: 30 Oct 2008, 09:52 »

No but once every 23 episodes (ignore season 2s writers strike).  There is an event that has been prophesized up the ass that WILL happen regardless of all the meddling done any of the characters.

And as far as Angela is concerned; I dont believe we ever did find out what part off what future was changed.  So for the sake of the argument it becomes heresy, and doesnt prove my idea wrong, not that its bullet proof.
"In this zero sum game everything given to another, reduces me"

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #191 on: 03 Nov 2008, 07:09 »

It's not on tonight.  :cry:
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #192 on: 03 Nov 2008, 08:33 »

why not?
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #193 on: 03 Nov 2008, 08:39 »

NBC is running election related programming, as the US Presidential Election is tomorrow.

Also of note, two of the writers/co-executive producers, Jeph Loeb and Jesse Alexander have been shitcanned from the staff. There's no real clear reason why, but the general guess is that the buck stopped on them as far as the ratings decline. This concerns me for a couple reasons:

One is that Jeph Loeb was one of the biggest brains behind this show (Despite most of his comic book output being shit lately, he was one of the big brainchildren here).

Second, major shakeup like this is usually a desperate effort to fix a show before canceling it, which worries me.

Third, rumor has it a big part of it was the budget getting excessive. They've apparently been hitting around $4.4 million per episode and the idea of them cutting back on a show like this is not good. Heroes has never been a particularly deep show and if you start cutting the effects budget, you're basically going to doom it.
JON MADE ME GAY

öde

« Reply #194 on: 03 Nov 2008, 09:51 »

If they do cancel it we can pretend they only filmed season one and it'll be perfect, like The Matrix.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #195 on: 03 Nov 2008, 10:48 »

Actually if they cancel it I'm just going to pretend that "Company Man" was the only episode of the show, ever.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #196 on: 03 Nov 2008, 18:13 »

Perhaps we could/should prepare for change in creative direction:

http://www.avclub.com/content/newswire/heroes_sheds_some_writers

imagist42

« Reply #197 on: 03 Nov 2008, 18:44 »

It's been covered. Like, only three posts above yours.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #198 on: 03 Nov 2008, 19:48 »

Yessss, an excuse to use this:

Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #199 on: 03 Nov 2008, 19:50 »

I think a change in direction would probably be a good thing, lately (especially with the whole Patrelli family dramas taking center stage) It's getting a tad too melodramatic to the point that in moments of confusion I'm starting to think that I might be watching Passions.

Actually if they cancel it I'm just going to pretend that "Company Man" was the only episode of the show, ever.
If they do cancel it we can pretend they only filmed season one and it'll be perfect, like The Matrix.

If you guys honestly believe this when you're only half way through a season it begs the question: Why are you still watching?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up