THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 21:26
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Frog Eyes  (Read 2134 times)

Andrew Fleming

Frog Eyes
« on: 29 Sep 2008, 07:46 »

I realize that they haven't released anything in a little while, at least not recently enough to be all that notable, but regardless, Frog Eyes aren't a band I hear talked about that often, even in "indie" circles. Are people here fans of this band? Because for one, I absolutely love them. They're definitely one of my favorite bands.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
Re: Frog Eyes
« Reply #1 on: 29 Sep 2008, 14:00 »

I adore them completely but half the time I can't understand a thing that Mercer is singing. I've also found that they've gotten stronger and better as a band with each record, Including the Future is Interdisciplinary or Not All although Krug is only there for some of the recording sessions. Also, it is worth checking out Mercer's previuos band, Blue Pine if you haven't already because it is a more jazz/blues fueled predecessor of Frog Eyes.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online
« Reply #2 on: 29 Sep 2008, 16:05 »

They put on a really fun live show too. They played an awesome free show on my campus in a garage. Mercer's seems like a pretty down to earth guy as well. I don't know what they're up to musically, probably recording a new album. They're definitely the least talked about piece of the Frog Eyes/Wolf Parade/Sunset Rubdown triumvirate and I understand why but I think they may just be the best.
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

Andrew Fleming

« Reply #3 on: 29 Sep 2008, 16:35 »

I adore them completely but half the time I can't understand a thing that Mercer is singing. I've also found that they've gotten stronger and better as a band with each record, Including the Future is Interdisciplinary or Not All although Krug is only there for some of the recording sessions. Also, it is worth checking out Mercer's previuos band, Blue Pine if you haven't already because it is a more jazz/blues fueled predecessor of Frog Eyes.
Do you have any of their stuff you could upload?
I listened to Blackout Beach's record but I was missing a track so I ended up getting rid of it and haven't been able or bothered enough to find a non-digital copy.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #4 on: 29 Sep 2008, 16:46 »

If by them you mean Blue Pine then yes, I can upload their self-titled debut and what could have been their 2nd album but ended up being The Bloody Hand re-release bonus material. I also have a very good-quality bootleg of a Frog Eyes show from June this year.
« Last Edit: 29 Sep 2008, 16:51 by n0t_r0bert_b0yle!! »

Andrew Fleming

« Reply #5 on: 29 Sep 2008, 17:08 »

I'd love you for any of those, especially the Blue Pine debut. sounds fascinating.
Pages: [1]   Go Up