THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 03:31
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: A list of MMOs aside from WoW.  (Read 24586 times)

satsugaikaze

• Vagina Manifesto
  • I LOVE BELL PEPPERS.
Re: A list of MMOs aside from WoW.
« Reply #50 on: 03 Nov 2008, 01:53 »

I absolutely lul'z at the RunEscape.

[sarcasm]The HD version absolutely blows my mind away[/sarcasm]

clockworkjames

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Grammar Nazi vs Illiterate Jew
« Reply #51 on: 04 Nov 2008, 05:00 »

I recently heard of a MMOFPS which sounds pretty awesome. No grinding, and huge, large scale battles that make it feel less like paintball matches, and more like you are a soldier in war. Uses a similar system to Frontlines, where capturing objectives changes the frontline's position in the battle, yet it is also flexible to the amount of troops moving. You push through the line, the line will move. You flank, it'll shift. I thought it sounded kewl, and seemed like a change in the monotony of MMORPGs.
Darkfall?
still new here, didn't wanna piss anyone off

PizzaSHARK

« Reply #52 on: 13 Nov 2008, 05:00 »

I recently heard of a MMOFPS which sounds pretty awesome. No grinding, and huge, large scale battles that make it feel less like paintball matches, and more like you are a soldier in war. Uses a similar system to Frontlines, where capturing objectives changes the frontline's position in the battle, yet it is also flexible to the amount of troops moving. You push through the line, the line will move. You flank, it'll shift. I thought it sounded kewl, and seemed like a change in the monotony of MMORPGs.

I'd just recommend finding some good Battlefield 2142 servers if you want the large-scale battle feel... 48/64 players is plenty, and lag isn't an issue like it was for PlanetSide.

I'd recommend giving Sword of the New World a shot if you want to kill some time mindlessly grinding.  It's quite a bit like Dungeon Siege, and the translation errors are funny.  The art style's kinda fun... stanard Japanese anime-style crap (like Final Fantasy) meets Renaissance/Exploration era.  Fun stuff.

It's a pure grindfest, but it was fun enough that a friend and I burned about 30 hours on it over the course of a couple weeks, and you can't beat the price :P

MapleStory... a friend blackmailed me into playing it with her one day, and even SHE was disgusted with it after 20 minutes.

Freeze_L

« Reply #53 on: 21 Dec 2008, 21:36 »

RUNESCAPE!!! lol just kidding. don't do that !

LegendaryPancake

• Not quite a lurker
  • <insert cool name here>
« Reply #54 on: 29 Dec 2008, 19:57 »

HellMOO, bitches. Honestly one of the best games I've ever played. Read one of the guides before you play though.

Jack Faros

• Plantmonster
« Reply #55 on: 19 Jan 2009, 21:33 »

Yeah i still have more fun with the original. (Factions is Horrendous)
Factions is a very PvP oriented campaign.  If you want something more PvE oriented, try Nightfall.  What little I've played of Eye of the North is also pretty fun.  Seeing Gwen all grow'd up was a really awesome thing for me, 'cause it brought back alot of fond memories of farming Dyes in Pre-Searing Ascalon with her tagging along behind me, deranged stalker that she was.

zendriver

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
  • Leap and the net will appear.
« Reply #56 on: 27 Jan 2009, 12:25 »

Has anyone played Tabula Rasa?(i think that's spelled right)

I played Tabula Rasa from open beta until about 9 months ago. The graphics and gameplay were incredible and the storyline was actually halfway decent. The big "game changer" - so called Moral Dilemmas for your character - was poorly planned and executed, as was the skill heirarchy, crafting and equipment. As a result, instead of having an individually crafted character, everyone ultimately looked and played the same, particularly as you got closer to the level cap. Then the nerfs began, and people started leaving the game in droves.

As a result, what was once a graphically intense, uniquely designed, combat oriented sci-fi FPS/RPG is now in free play and scheduled to shutdown Feb 28th of this year. I'd suggest you check it out - maybe they fixed some of what was wrong with it? - but don't hold any hope for them extending or continuing the game. NCSoft used to have this game I liked called Auto Assault that went down the same way, despite the pleas of the customer base.
No night is so long to stop day from following. -Universal Hall Pass (Melissa Kaplan)

Kilonum

• Not quite a lurker
  • Highly visible ninja
« Reply #57 on: 14 Feb 2009, 06:46 »

Yeah, sure, EVE's a great game, especially when my friend tried to get me into it, I played for three months and didn't get ANYWHERE, and quit. Seriously, a game where its pretty much required for you to mine for resources at early levels and not do anything exciting pisses me off. Sure, there's missions for killing stuff, but the money you earn off of them was nil in comparison to the freakishly high difficulty levels, combined with a boring flight system and non-intuitive combat. Fuck Eve Online, seriously. Especially since the only thing you can look forward to at higher levels as you lie and scam and backstab your way to the top is only to be toppled in a crushing defeat by others doing likewise that basically means you wasted 2 years of your life, sounds like a load of fun to me. Eve online, an interactive spread sheet. If I wanted the corporate world I would be in business school right now.

I play Eve and have never had that problem

Then again I am in Goonfleet and we tend to have people who love the mining stuff, others who only do production, others who only do PvP and so on.

Life in Eve is so much better in 0.0 space.

lyra

• Plantmonster
  • magically delicious
« Reply #58 on: 27 Feb 2009, 21:59 »

Ragnarok! See ratemyserver.net. Here is a screenshot for those people who would simply pass this post by without reading:

()

ducks!!!

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #59 on: 27 Feb 2009, 22:59 »

You may want to take that image out of your signature.

Just sayin'.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

PapaFrita

« Reply #60 on: 05 Mar 2009, 19:16 »

Lord of the Rings Online is pretty fun. The player base is more mature than what you would find elsewhere, the quests are interesting, and the PvP manages to be very fun without affecting any other aspect of the game.

I also once enjoyed Puzzle Pirates.

DVS

« Reply #61 on: 06 Mar 2009, 13:57 »

www.onrpg.com

hope it helps ;)

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • i forgot why i made that picture
« Reply #62 on: 07 Mar 2009, 12:15 »

Battlefield 1942 is a good game for an older computer. Online play is free but the game isn't.

DVS

« Reply #63 on: 07 Mar 2009, 14:47 »

Battlefield 1942 is a good game for an older computer. Online play is free but the game isn't.

that isn't an MMORPG. let alone a MMOFPS.

it's just OFPS.

now BattleField2 is closer to an MMOFPS. it has ranks and stuff.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up