THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 16:23
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 47   Go Down

Author Topic: A Cooking Thread?  (Read 457788 times)

abadname

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • double plus good
    • http://www.myspace.com/roseofsharyn7
Re: A Cooking Thread?
« Reply #150 on: 21 Oct 2008, 20:28 »

Yeah i usually clean my board or get a new one when i switch between meat and veggies.  It's not worth getting sick over doing a couple more dishes.

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #151 on: 21 Oct 2008, 20:34 »

Add raw eggs at the end of that list, also. Dishes that use uncooked egg (eg. mouse, mayonnaise) are one of the more dangerous types of food as far as Salmonella enteritidis goes.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

abadname

• double plus good
« Reply #152 on: 22 Oct 2008, 06:38 »

It depends.  To reliably kill salmonella, you need to hit 165F for 15 seconds.  If you were simply trimming the ends off some green beans before blanching, they could potentially be contaminated, and wouldn't reach the 165F mark.  Would they be safe to eat?

Probably

As someone who has had salmonella before, probably is not good enough for me.  Salmonella is a shitty disease.

The basic heirarchy is Ready to eat food > raw vegetables > whole muscle or steak beef > pork and ground beef > fish > poultry.

Something higher on the list won't contaminate something lower on the list.
I am pretty sure fish is higher up on that list because I know you have to cook it the lowest.  The way I was always taught the temps to cook food is the farther from the ground the higher the temp.  So fish, pork, beef, ground beef/pork, poultry(you have to pretend all birds fly for this.).  But maybe i am wrong.

gospel

• The German Chancellory building
  • the word
« Reply #153 on: 22 Oct 2008, 10:07 »

Rule of thumb: Raw meat is like inviting the skank to the orgy--everybody walks away infected.

I usually use a tephlon-ish cutting board for meat and a wood board for vegetables/etc anyways.

And yeah, that flip n' cut thing is horrifying.

Speaking of Rachel Ray, here's her show covering (ironically) germs in on your purse.

Add raw eggs at the end of that list, also. Dishes that use uncooked egg (eg. mouse, mayonnaise) are one of the more dangerous types of food as far as Salmonella enteritidis goes.
Eh, I dunno. The raw egg thing is sorta overrated. I mean it's literally 1/1000 chance. According to the FDA you're not even supposed ot have over-easy or Cesar salads.  Hell, Rocky drank raw eggs!

EDIT: Did you know the average toilet is cleaner than the average kitchen?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MayuWDsSGL4
« Last Edit: 22 Oct 2008, 10:18 by gospel »
"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer."

-Abraham Lincoln

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #154 on: 22 Oct 2008, 17:58 »

1/1000 is pretty high, actually.

Last night I manipulated my housemate into cooking chilli con carne with baked potatoes and corn bread!

It was a good meal. I had never had corn bread before, and I like it!
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

Guido Sarducci

• FIGHT YOU
  • It'sa notta so bad...
« Reply #155 on: 22 Oct 2008, 20:57 »

there is only one real recipe for cornbread. I defy you all to contradict me.

*defies all*

"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't, I'll just respond, cleverly." Donald Rumsfeld

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #156 on: 22 Oct 2008, 21:03 »

It's kind of hard to argue with you if you're not going to share the recipe. I mean, I only know one recipe for cornbread, but how the hell am I supposed to know if it's the one you're talking about or not?

Incidentally, it was delicious fresh out of the oven (like all bread), but not so flash after that. But then I'm not the biggest corn fan.

nobo

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #157 on: 22 Oct 2008, 21:06 »

allrecipes.com has 167 results for cornbread.
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

Guido Sarducci

• FIGHT YOU
  • It'sa notta so bad...
« Reply #158 on: 22 Oct 2008, 21:49 »

It's kind of hard to argue with you if you're not going to share the recipe. I mean, I only know one recipe for cornbread, but how the hell am I supposed to know if it's the one you're talking about or not?

Incidentally, it was delicious fresh out of the oven (like all bread), but not so flash after that. But then I'm not the biggest corn fan.

But where would the fun be if I gave away the recipe?

There are seriously many many great recipes(167 according to allrecipes.com. The most important parts imo:  Uses a cast iron skillet to make it. Put oil in the skillet, put the skillet in the oven, preheat skillet and oil. Mix your batter and when your oil is hot ONLY THEN do you add the oil. I have no idea why this is important but my mother made me learn it and when I don't it comes out crappy. If it isn't damned good cold, you didn't use enough milk, prolly. It dries out very quickly. But you can use dry cornbread for a ton of other things: Make yourself corned beefg and cabbage and soak up the juices with it. Pot lach juices are good on it. If you crumble it up in black eyes peas and mix some mayo in there it's pretty sweet. And old folks crumble it into buttermilk (or just milk) to eat it.

"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't, I'll just respond, cleverly." Donald Rumsfeld

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #159 on: 22 Oct 2008, 22:22 »

Man there is only one recipe for cornbread and I have it.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #160 on: 22 Oct 2008, 22:23 »

I mean there is only one recipe for bread and I have it.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #161 on: 22 Oct 2008, 22:23 »

I mean there is only one way to tie your shoes in the morning.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #162 on: 22 Oct 2008, 22:24 »

I mean there is only one way to skin a cat and I am the only one in the world to know how to do it.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #163 on: 22 Oct 2008, 22:55 »

But why would you skin a cat?  :-(
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #164 on: 22 Oct 2008, 23:37 »

To make catbread.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #165 on: 22 Oct 2008, 23:43 »

Tonight, I made an apple pie. Mostly from scratch. Pictures will follow shortly.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #166 on: 23 Oct 2008, 00:23 »

Awesome. Me an the lady are making cherry pie together tonight (this is not a euphemism). We have the best cooking adventures together.

Hey Cooking Thread, I've got a bunch of mustard seeds left over from an old recipe and I don't know what to use them for. Suggest recipes nnnnnnnnnnow.

Edith

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #167 on: 23 Oct 2008, 04:59 »

I once ground them in a coffeegrinder then transferred them to a blender an added some vinegar and ...I don't remember if there was anything else. It made fuckin' spicy brown mustard.

Also, Guido's cornbread "recipe" is the correct one assuming he means "only then do you add the batter" because the oil should already be in there.
Ho, ho, ho!

thegreatbuddha

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #168 on: 23 Oct 2008, 06:26 »

I am pretty sure fish is higher up on that list because I know you have to cook it the lowest.  The way I was always taught the temps to cook food is the farther from the ground the higher the temp.  So fish, pork, beef, ground beef/pork, poultry(you have to pretend all birds fly for this.).  But maybe i am wrong.

The higher the temperature, the closer to the ground. Chicken needs to be cooked to 165, so why would you put it on top of beef, which might only be getting cooked to 125, and have the beef infected with salmonella.

I made a sandwich for breakfast today, and it might send me to hell.  It was honeyglazed ham with white cheddar and spicy mustard, but the only bread I had to make it with was Challah, which I toasted briefly.

Forthe mustard seeds, grind them and mix them with some red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper, until you get a slightly runny consistency.  Marinate some chicken in that mixture overnight, and roll the chicken in crushed pretzels.  Bake it on a rack and serve it with sauerkrat sauteed with a bit of bacon and onion.
« Last Edit: 23 Oct 2008, 17:09 by thegreatbuddha »
I want to be able to tell my kids about the days when the internet was an uncontrolled haven for outlaws such as myself.
Kind of like the old west but with keyboards and nobody is having sex.

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #169 on: 23 Oct 2008, 08:38 »

Guido, I'm pretty sure I would not like your cornbread recipe. I'm used to 50-50 proportions of whole wheat and white flour, which produces a much denser, heartier bread than other people tend to make. If your cornbread is sweet, you fail.
Denn Du Bist, Was Du Isst   (you are what you eat)
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #170 on: 23 Oct 2008, 10:34 »

What? Sweet cornbread is the real cornbread. Either that or cornbread that has cheddar and jalapenos in it.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #171 on: 23 Oct 2008, 10:41 »

Eh, I guess it's supposedly the 'real' cornbread, since most people tend to make it that way. It makes me want to vomit and go running for the whole wheat.
Basically I'm saying cornbread, along with lots of other recipes, are pretty much up to the individual eating it to decide what the One True Holy Grail Recipe should be.
Denn Du Bist, Was Du Isst   (you are what you eat)
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

gospel

• The German Chancellory building
  • the word
« Reply #172 on: 23 Oct 2008, 12:51 »

The secret to cornbread is

1. Giant stick of butter
2. Cornmeal
3. ????
4. Profit

Actually, buddah and bacon fat might be the secret to ALL southern cooking. This kid knows what is going on.

Guido, I'm pretty sure I would not like your cornbread recipe. I'm used to 50-50 proportions of whole wheat and white flour, which produces a much denser, heartier bread than other people tend to make. If your cornbread is sweet, you fail.
I love you. Let's have sesk.
« Last Edit: 23 Oct 2008, 12:56 by gospel »
"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer."

-Abraham Lincoln

Guido Sarducci

• FIGHT YOU
  • It'sa notta so bad...
« Reply #173 on: 23 Oct 2008, 18:22 »

I once ground them in a coffeegrinder then transferred them to a blender an added some vinegar and ...I don't remember if there was anything else. It made fuckin' spicy brown mustard.

Also, Guido's cornbread "recipe" is the correct one assuming he means "only then do you add the batter" because the oil should already be in there.
Erm...No. You actually heat the oil in the pan, then pour the hot oil into your batter and mix it in. Here's my family recipe:

2 cups self rising cornmeal
1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups milk
1 egg beaten
1/4 cup of oil.
Put your oil in a large cast iron skillet and heat preheat it to 450. Mix the cornmeal and milk and egg. Pull the skillet and pour the oil in the mix, and mix it in. Pour it all in the skillet and stick it back in the oven for 20 minutes or so until it turns a nice golden color. The reason the buttermilk varies is due to humidity etc of the cornmeal. You'll need to adjust it a bit.

This is the basic cornbread recipe. everything else is just being froofroo. If it doesn't come out nice and moist you aren't using enough milk. You can use buttermilk instead of milk, but leave the egg out or it comes out way too moist.

and the kid is right. Bacon drippings are the shit. Short of that use lard. Don't use butter except to slather it on top of the finished product.

redglass, you aren't eating cornbread. You are eating wheatbread. My cornbread is only very slightly sweet--cornmeal imparts a slightly sweet, nutty flavor to the bread. People taht dump sugar in there are just being gross, imo.

Guido Sarducci

• FIGHT YOU
  • It'sa notta so bad...
« Reply #174 on: 23 Oct 2008, 18:29 »

What? Sweet cornbread is the real cornbread. Either that or cornbread that has cheddar and jalapenos in it.

Quiet you!

*smothers Bandito before he can contaminate the rest of the world with his Mexican cornbread*

I like your version a lot, actually. But it's not basic southern cornbread. Yours goes really well on any plate of Mexican food but I'd replace the cheddar with sweet corn.*shudders*  I think yours is more an Incan style bread, while southern cornbread is a SE American Indian thing.

When I lived in LA there was this little old guy who sold nothing but tamales and oh my god they were so good! I have tried for years to replicate it but I think he had some super secret Incan ingredient that the rest of us will never know about. I think it was something to do with the cornmeal.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #175 on: 24 Oct 2008, 10:22 »

Thanks, now I miss my short trip to Arizona and New Mexico.

WTB authentic SW cooking recipes.

I just got back to reading this thread and WTF stuffed bell peppers are such fake bullshit SW cooking. I have never gone to a restaurant here and the establishment is like "HEY MAN, TRY OUR BELL PEPPERS." except for like Applebees or some crap.

Real food:

Take a green chile, slice it open, fill it with cheddar or jack, dip it in egg batter, fry that fucker golden. Smother it in more green chile sauce. Refried beans and fried potatoes all golden delicious on the side. Eat that.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

abadname

• double plus good
« Reply #176 on: 24 Oct 2008, 12:01 »

Thats chile rellano.  And the Bell pepper thing is a variation of southwestern.  Mostly because it is all i had.  And in New Mexico they use a lot of peppers.  When I was in Santa Fe they pretty much shoved them down my throat, not that i mind.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #177 on: 25 Oct 2008, 16:50 »

I cooked tonight! Fettucine alfredo om nom nom

I experimented and put cream cheese into the sauce. SO GOOD.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #178 on: 27 Oct 2008, 00:18 »

Forthe mustard seeds, grind them and mix them with some red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper, until you get a slightly runny consistency.  Marinate some chicken in that mixture overnight, and roll the chicken in crushed pretzels.  Bake it on a rack and serve it with sauerkrat sauteed with a bit of bacon and onion.

Doing this.

thegreatbuddha

« Reply #179 on: 27 Oct 2008, 14:07 »

I'll be making shearer stew with dumplings for a potluck Thursday. Given that it's an Australian dish and many of the forumites here are Australian, I thought I'd see what input you all might have.

Shearer Stew
2lbs Boneless lamb shoulder, 1" cubes
2oz oil
2oz flour
8oz onions, 1/4" dice
4oz carrots, 1/4" dice
4oz celery 1/4" dice
1 green pepper, roasted and peeled, 1/4" dice
2oz garlic, minced
1-2qts lamb stock
1 lb new potatoes, 1/4" dice
salt, black pepper, and worcestershire suace to taste

Sear the meat in 1oz oil and 1oz flour, remove from pan. Add remaining oil, and cook onions, celery, carrots, and peppers over low heat until softened, mixing in remaining flour and stirring until well coated.  Add lamb stock, seared lamb and potatoes, cover, and simmer until tender.

Thoughts?

I'll probably addthe potatoes later than the recipe calls for, as I don't want them to disintegrate.
« Last Edit: 27 Oct 2008, 15:27 by thegreatbuddha »
I want to be able to tell my kids about the days when the internet was an uncontrolled haven for outlaws such as myself.

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #180 on: 27 Oct 2008, 15:22 »

Waaaaaltzing matilda
wwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaltzing matilda
you'lll come a waaaaaaltzing matilda with me

Stew recipe looks good! If you wanted to go for the super Australian meal, I guess you could make damper instead of dumplings. Not that many people here actually eat damper that often, but it's a pretty shearer-y thing to eat. Bonus points if you cook it in a fire.

Also Misconception that pasta looks amazing.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #181 on: 27 Oct 2008, 18:14 »

It was entirely fabulous. I nom'd that stuff so fast.
Liz is touching me.

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #182 on: 27 Oct 2008, 18:35 »

What is it with Americans claiming that things that I've never ever heard of are Australian? First "Australian Shepherds", now this "Shearer Stew".

Guido Sarducci

• FIGHT YOU
  • It'sa notta so bad...
« Reply #183 on: 27 Oct 2008, 20:29 »

Well, I've found three diffrent recipe's. Maybe it's just something somebody made up and claimed was Aussie? Or maybe it's not well known? I mean, you aussies don't have schools,right? You're too busy shearing sheep to bother to go. So maybe it just hasn't been writ dun yet? Ar rar rar har... (joke...joke)

thegreatbuddha

« Reply #184 on: 27 Oct 2008, 20:59 »

It came from my International Cooking textbook, from the Australia section.  Of course, rereading the section on Australian cuisine, it actually uses the word barbie

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #185 on: 27 Oct 2008, 21:39 »

Most of Australian food is stolen from someone else, really*. That stew recipe could just have easily been from anywhere in the U.K.

*Except things like the Pie floater, which are just silly. But kind've delicious.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #186 on: 28 Oct 2008, 13:30 »

Quiet you!

*smothers Bandito before he can contaminate the rest of the world with his Mexican cornbread*

I like your version a lot, actually. But it's not basic southern cornbread. Yours goes really well on any plate of Mexican food but I'd replace the cheddar with sweet corn.*shudders*  I think yours is more an Incan style bread, while southern cornbread is a SE American Indian thing.

When I lived in LA there was this little old guy who sold nothing but tamales and oh my god they were so good! I have tried for years to replicate it but I think he had some super secret Incan ingredient that the rest of us will never know about. I think it was something to do with the cornmeal.

Because I never got to respond to this, my family recipe does in fact have sweet corn in it, and we maybe add like a teaspoon or two of sugar to it as well, the cheddar and the jalapenos is just something my dad does on occasion when he feels like it. You'll be happy to know that we do in fact use a deep iron skillet and heat the oil first though. Our recipe is definitely more Border food Tejas cookin', because that's where we're from.

Also, Chile Rellenos aren't made with bell peppers, they're usually made with a very specific chile pepper called a Pablano. Stuffed Bell Peppers are an entirely different beast, usually not spicy.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #187 on: 28 Oct 2008, 14:00 »

I don't know what chile rellenos are, but my friend's brother works at an organic grocer and bought pounds of past-prime hot peppers, which we stuffed with cheese, garlic, and cilantro and baked. Roasting the peppers sweetens them and mellows the heat a little, and the cheese compensates for the spice still present. Same general idea?

P.S. Now that I think of it, I had a cookbook that made chicken-chile-rellenos, where in you sliced a chicken breast in half (so you've got two broad, thin pieces), pounded them as flat as can be, then rolled each half up around a jalapeno and some jack then breaded and baked them. I'd serve them with caramelized sliced bell pepper and spanish rice, which was a pretty delicious, easy meal.
« Last Edit: 28 Oct 2008, 14:03 by Slick »

abadname

• double plus good
« Reply #188 on: 28 Oct 2008, 14:11 »

Chille Rellanos is a stuffed poblano pepper that is breaded and fried.  I can't remember the stuffing normally, but i do chorizo and queso fresco in there normally.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #189 on: 28 Oct 2008, 14:11 »

That is not a Chile relleno recipe. Pablano peppers are much larger than jalapenos, James, and the stuffing goes inside them. Then they are coated in batter and deep fried. if something like chicken were to go in them I'd heavily spice it and shred it. cheese is usually a must. Your other pepper recipes sound like they'd taste okay though.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #190 on: 28 Oct 2008, 14:20 »

It was from the 'Better Homes and Gardens' cookbook that my mom bought me when I first moved out, so I'm not surprised that it's not the real deal. That book's idea of curry is 'make white sauce, add curry powder, add to cooked meat'.

I always found stuffed bell peppers to be not really worth the effort. It's a nice concept and looks pretty, but it doesn't actually make the stuffing that much better to be eating it out of a big pepper instead of a plate/bowl. I like stuffed tinier peppers because you get more pepper to filling.

Edith

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #191 on: 28 Oct 2008, 21:18 »

Lleno=full. Relleno=refilled.
Chiles rellenos=refilled chili peppers.
Huevos rellenos=deviled eggs (huevos del diablo=testicles).
Pollo relleno=stuffed chicken (at my host family's house in guatemala they actually deboned the chicken, filled it with meat and vegetables, and sewed it shut with needle and thread).

"Proper" chiles rellenos as we are used to them from the southwestern US are poblano peppers filled with cheese and sometimes meat and then breaded and deep fried, but I think it's not incorrect to call any filled chili pepper a "chile relleno".

In other news, for supper I had a piece of leftover pepperoni pizza with a dab of plain hummus on top. It was edible but not really great.
Ho, ho, ho!

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #192 on: 29 Oct 2008, 21:31 »

The correct pepper for a relleno is a New Mexican green chile from Hatch, NM.

This is not open for debate.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

-Karamazov-

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #193 on: 30 Oct 2008, 07:37 »

speaking of chilies, I made chili!

it was awesome.

It was a tomato based chili with grounds beef, pulled chicken, kidney beans, onions, green and red bell peppers, and red chilies.  I simmered the whole thing with chicken stock I made earlier and added a cup of a strong bock my roommate had (I forgot the name).  I let it simmer for about 2 hours, it was pretty thick by the time dinner rolled around.

the only thing better than chili for dinner, is a breakfast burrito the next morning made of chili, scrambled eggs, and chedder cheese with a strong cup of coffee.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #194 on: 30 Oct 2008, 07:41 »

It's very much not cooking but I had nice ice cream for breakfast today. Also two boiled eggs which were boiled as hard as bullets because I like them that way.

My favourite sandwich is cold mashed potato with salad cream mashed into it, between seeded brown bread. There is nothing more filling and delicious, unless it is the aforementioned sandwich with tomato slices in it too.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #195 on: 30 Oct 2008, 07:53 »

The correct pepper for a relleno is a New Mexican green chile from Hatch, NM.

This is not open for debate.

Hatch area green chiles are good, but not the best for chile relleno, i still prefer the pablano by far, usually because of its size and spicyness level. Most of the Hatch varieties just aren't big enough, and their long skinny shape isn't conducive to stuffing full of cheesy goodness.

I mean, this guy is all well in good, but nothing compared to this beast.

Karamazov, that is a decent sounding chili recipe.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #196 on: 30 Oct 2008, 10:35 »

I baked lovely cinnamon rolls today! I thought I'd killed the yeast, but they turned out okay after all, and they rose okay. Not as good looking as they were the last time I baked them aaaages ago, but they tasted better, so I guess that's a decent compromise.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #197 on: 30 Oct 2008, 12:11 »

What exactly is "sukker"? Is it flour?

Also those look delicious and I would like to have them right now.
Liz is touching me.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #198 on: 30 Oct 2008, 12:14 »

"Sukker" is sugar. Flour is "mel" ("siktet hvetemel" in the picture). And they were quite delicious, I had to put them in the freezer so that I wouldn't eat them all too quickly :p

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #199 on: 30 Oct 2008, 12:18 »

Now that you have told me it is totally obvious. The one bag has wheat on it.

Guys I think I am going to call in dumb to work today. My brain is obviously not fully functional
Liz is touching me.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 47   Go Up