THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 15:44
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why the fuck do people gotta be shitheads and steal from bands?  (Read 3976 times)

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp

Pelican got robbed in Itay.

Man, this is just not cool. Like really, what the hell?
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows

Oh shit, that really sucks. I hear that the ancient-Roman area is notorious for exploiting tourists (though they weren't really tourists, but still.)
Quote from: Sox
I think it's because your 'age' is really only determined by how exasperated you seem when you have to stand up.

Quote from: KharBevNor
PEW PEW PEW FUCK OFF SPACE

allison

• Bling blang blong blung
  • i really want a mustache

That really does suck...
But then again, why the fuck do people gotta be shitheads and steal from other people in general
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

because it's fun, easy, and profitable?
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(

Tapes n' Tapes got robbed when they were in Perth, Australia around the end of 2006. They went to the beach to swim in the Indian Ocean and came back and their van had been broken into. This is in part why their sophomore album took so long.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down

That really does suck...
But then again, why the fuck do people gotta be shitheads and steal from other people in general

I was just thinking this. I mean it sucks whenever a band gets their shit stolen, I always hear about these awesome vintage guitars being nicked and the band is pretty out of pocket, but honestly stealing shit from anyone is a massive dick move in the first place. I guess bands are easy targets? I know a lot of shit used to get stolen from the loading dock at the Basement because even though it wasn't directly accessible to the public you could probably wind up down there pretty easily without any problems and stuff went missing all the time. I guess the valuable lesson to be learned is "if you are on tour buy a doberman for your gear trailer"
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

Be My Head

• Psychopath in a hockey mask

Wow, that sucks. I feel sorry that they had to go play a show right after, and for the fans who wanted to see them...

Alex C

• comeback tour!

you're not just stealing a man's posession, you're stealing his way of life, his way of getting by.
Pretty much. I have a friend who does freelance graphics and web design. He basically wanted to strangle the perpetrators with a USB cord when someone stole his PC, monitors and wacom.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

valley_parade

• coprophage

The Kills recently lost their entire BUS.

Thankfully, bus and gear were found. The driver's still missing.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute

Perhaps there's a reason they're called the Kills. The police might want to look into that.

MadassAlex

• Bling blang blong blung
  • "Tasteful"?

Pelican are awesome and did not deserve that at all. Sad face.

miles in the sky

That's terrible. I hate reading stuff like this. I know how attached I am to my gear, I'd be absolutely devastated if anyone took ANY of my stuff.

gospel

• The German Chancellory building
  • the word

Band Broken - Need Parts.

But in all seriousness, that's pretty retarded. I wonder if they knew they were robbing them or just going for random tourists.
"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer."

-Abraham Lincoln

Lummer

• Duck attack survivor

It says nowhere that their gear was stolen. If it was only that, they could still run out and grab some Gibsons, a handful of BOSS pedals and they'd be up and running. Here we're talking credit cars, passports, all kinds of personal shit. Including mini-recorders with new song ideas!

Fuck man.. Just not fair. It couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of dudes :(

billiumbean

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • "Clamsss... Waa!"

Somebody stole Green Day's master tapes for an album they hadn't released yet, and the band turned around and made American Idiot instead of rerecording the stolen songs.

Somebody please kick that person's ass.
Quote from: Alex C
I do agree that this could potentially have some dire ramifications in regards to purple drank.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!

Jens, you said it best. Passports, wallets, cell phones, and other miscellaneous personal belongings, while a pain in the ass, are replaceable and are not items you generally get attached to. Even a few laptops, fuck it that is not such a big deal.

But thousands of dollars worth of usually expensive and often unique or vintage gear, that is so wrong. I'm glad that didn't happen this time, at least.
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"
Pages: [1]   Go Up