THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 02:19
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Like a book...  (Read 4162 times)

Lisa-Li

Like a book...
« on: 16 Oct 2008, 13:03 »

something that would be kind of awesome... to publish all the QC-comics in a book, like an album. I guess it might not be the easiest thing to cram over 1000 comics into one book though, that would have to be like this giant heavy family-bible-thing (which could be kind of cool, but perhaps not so easily managed, in several ways... but again, it could be really cool, you could have it on a pedestal like in the middle of the living room with a nice spotlight... ok, loosing the subject) so I guess it would have to become more than one book then. But my point is, basically: I want all the QC-comics on paper in my appartment! cause this really is the kind of comic that can be read again and again. I mean, I would totally buy it. I guess that is my point actually, I would buy it. I really would. I don't care it's a webcomic, it still would be, right? Anyway, I would buy it. Did I say that? Ok, then I'll go to bed. Good night.

tuna ketchup x

Re: Like a book...
« Reply #1 on: 16 Oct 2008, 13:30 »

I'd like this too. Many webcomics have been published as books, I have some of them on my shelf. Print is just so much easier to read because there's no load times, etc, plus it's better on the eyes when you want to sit down and read through an entire archive again. He could publish 250-500 comics at a time. In fact I'd be kind of surprised if he hadn't received an offer from a comics company to publish QC in print, because the comic is so popular and would take so well to print because of the episodic nature.

There should also be an XKCD book. MAKE IT SO.

mustang6172

• Duck attack survivor
  • Citizen First Class
« Reply #2 on: 16 Oct 2008, 14:42 »

1000 comics with 8 comics to a leaf makes a 250 pages.  Not Family Bible thick, but big for comics.

Jeph has expressed an interest in making a QC book.

mustang6172

• Duck attack survivor
  • Citizen First Class
« Reply #3 on: 16 Oct 2008, 15:29 »

On second thought, Jeph didn't draw all the comics in the same aspect ratio.  It may be possible to fit more on the first few pages.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #4 on: 16 Oct 2008, 16:02 »

A4 is a very big book.  One comic a page in a moderate size book of 250 pages, would mean he could sell us five books at... however much each.
« Last Edit: 16 Oct 2008, 23:45 by pwhodges »
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #5 on: 16 Oct 2008, 16:08 »

I don't really think that the 8 comics per page thing would be doable, I mean, have you seen the size of the comics?  A more realistic expectation would be 1 per page and about 100-200 comics per book.  The SGR format is about the same size as QC and John does 1 to a page, 200 pages for his collection books & smaller than that for original stories.

tragic_pizza

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Board Certified Curmudgeon
« Reply #6 on: 16 Oct 2008, 17:10 »

One book per story arc would make sense, wouldn't it?
[21:19] andy: Mai, I am sorry, I am going to say this outright that I would doeverything in my power to try and have sweet girl love with you.

britMonster

• Furry furrier
« Reply #7 on: 17 Oct 2008, 16:01 »

There was a topic discussing this a while back. I think it would be really cool to have all of them in book form.
britMonster is all hot and bothered by the thought of febreeze.

you're invited : www.lost.eu/75505

bicostp

• Beyoncé
« Reply #8 on: 17 Oct 2008, 18:10 »

Legal paper would be a comfortable size for 1 huge comic per page, plus hand-drawn commentary. (The size of 'The Indespensible Calvin and Hobbes' would be even better; it at least sort of fits on bookshelves.

Either that or a square book, but that would require retooling every comic to fit the page properly as a 2x2 grid of panels.

britMonster

• Furry furrier
« Reply #9 on: 17 Oct 2008, 23:44 »

To make it more square you could have commentary and news posts stuck next to the comic.
britMonster is all hot and bothered by the thought of febreeze.

you're invited : www.lost.eu/75505

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #10 on: 20 Oct 2008, 21:15 »

It seems like you guys are figuring out the logistics for jeph.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr
Pages: [1]   Go Up