THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 03:38
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Fable II  (Read 21847 times)

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
Fable II
« on: 21 Oct 2008, 12:34 »

Me and my friend are huge fable nerds and we pan to play the co-op together. does anyone else want it as much as we do?
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Thaes

• Furry furrier
Re: Fable II
« Reply #1 on: 21 Oct 2008, 12:53 »

Dunno about co-op mode, but I sure as hell am waiting for the time when they release the damn game on PC. Donīt think that'll happen too soon, though.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #2 on: 21 Oct 2008, 13:07 »

Seems to be getting glowing reviews so far, but you'd have to expect that from a Lionhead game. Black / White and Fable both got raves when they came out, but after a few weeks the shallowness of the games managed to outpace the "wow" factor from the apparent ambitions of both. From the sound of it, they retained the Spore-esque "mime communication" system, which is enough for me to pass on it.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #3 on: 21 Oct 2008, 13:14 »

Got it, going to start a character soon and then quit to go to class.  Fucking class.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Thaes

• Furry furrier
« Reply #4 on: 21 Oct 2008, 13:16 »

The only thing I actually hope is that they had improved the whole Karma-system, so that your decisions would actually affect things other than aesthetics...

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #5 on: 21 Oct 2008, 14:07 »

i really want this but logistically speaking, it just can't happen yet what with Fallout 3 coming in a week and then the unstoppable army of games coming out next month that are going to be blitkrieging my wallet like it's 1940.

i just don't have the time or money.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #6 on: 21 Oct 2008, 14:58 »

The only thing I actually hope is that they had improved the whole Karma-system, so that your decisions would actually affect things other than aesthetics...

According to the reviews, the sidequests are a large part of this.  They're implying that you can decide whether or not a religion lives or dies, that sort of thing.  I don't know if it'll be visible in the actual architecture or if the differences are related to the economy and the citizenry.

As for the deluge of games, it depends on what your priorities are.  I still don't know what I'm getting beyond this, Banjo Kazooie, Fallout 3 and Left 4 Dead.  I know I'm getting more than just that, but fuck if I know what.
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #7 on: 21 Oct 2008, 15:32 »

we are pretty much buying the exact same games. except instead of Fable 2 i'm getting Mirror's Edge.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #8 on: 21 Oct 2008, 15:52 »

That's like the next one on the list.  But there's also the new Neverwinter Nights expansion, Call of Duty 5, Dead Space (this and Call of Duty I at least want to rent), various other indie titles I've been meaning to check out, Far Cry 2, etc.  And then on top of that is renewing my Live subscription and/or getting a Netflix subscription for the Xbox.  And I need another couple gigs of RAM.  FUCK.  That's like, at least 400 dollars.  That I don't have.

And then spring rolls around, and I get fucked again.  Why does it seem like they dump most titles in the holiday stretch, and then dump some more 3 months later?  It's hard to keep up! 

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #9 on: 21 Oct 2008, 16:05 »

Bought it. Can't play yet because someone is messing with my tv. Ugh.

Also, jesus h christ. So many good games out, so little time/money.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #10 on: 21 Oct 2008, 16:15 »

Oh! Forgot to mention, I got through childhood but had to stop for class.  My only quibble so far is that for the 'pose' quest, they don't tell you what poses you can do beforehand and automatically take the first one, which is not the one I wanted to use.  I also kicked a chicken over the fence and into another part of the city.  I heard a squish.  It's actually a pretty amusing game so far.  Read the warrants they have you pick up.  Anyways, I stopped just as the 'teenager/young adult/main part' started, but from what I saw, the area that it starts in is quite big.  I wish I didn't have to do homework, I kinda want to check it out.  I haven't even gotten my equipment yet!  It's in a chest behind me somewhere!

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #11 on: 21 Oct 2008, 16:48 »

I think I'm going to skip this one due to time constraints and maybe come back to it after the mad rush is over. I'm probably going to finish Dead Space tonight, but with midterms next week and Fallout 3 the week after, it really probably wouldn't get much playtime even if I did buy it.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #12 on: 21 Oct 2008, 18:28 »

The most interesting thing for me is the co-op. From what i hard from magazines and websites is that the two characters are totally independent of each other. I guess that means one guy can be bad to the bones and the other  one can be a goody goody.

According to the reviews, the sidequests are a large part of this. 

Are they all kinda the same like in other side quest reliant games?(think mass effect)

Mein Tumblr

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #13 on: 21 Oct 2008, 18:56 »

No, you can play through without doing any sidequests and still have an effect by controlling the economy/running slave businesses, etc.  The sidequest rewards are not gold but renown, and usually a choice that will have some kind of effect on the world.  This is what I've read.  I'm gonna play some more in about 45 minutes, will get back to you.

Edit: I managed to attract a stalker in the form of a children's storyteller.  So I got a mate on and we killed him.  Then, later, I accidentally stole some gold (the context sensitivity needs to be tuned a bit), and found out I had the option of repaying via Community Service (kill some zombies in a graveyard, I think).  Turned it down.  That would have made me good.  But I like that you can.  I took off all my clothes because they didn't protect me and made me ugly.  Added a coat that made me more evil, died my hair pink.  I look like some sort of creepy raver/stalker chick who is borrowing her boyfriend's coat because her clothes are *ahem* soiled.  I'm trying to figure out what to do with this lesbian vegetarian who's following me around.  She wants carrots, but all I've got is sausage.
« Last Edit: 22 Oct 2008, 12:00 by Dimmukane »

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #14 on: 22 Oct 2008, 16:03 »

bought it today and played some co-op for a couple hours with a friend. Apparently only the first player has anything to do with the storyline, and the second player just gets to choose from six generic figures (neutral good or evil, male or female) and just sort of shadows you, literally. They only get a couple options and you can choose to share experience and gold (they can level abilities, but can't seem to buy anything). I have no idea about that. Anyway, we wandered around for some good amount of time being evil, though I'm going to make a game where i can be a goody two-shoes in a little bit.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #15 on: 22 Oct 2008, 18:03 »

Added a coat that made me more evil
This is what is wrong with games today.
I review, sometimes.
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #16 on: 22 Oct 2008, 18:06 »

How?  That's what I was going for...I just wish there was an emote where I could flash somebody with it.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #17 on: 22 Oct 2008, 20:06 »

Are there scary spikes sewn into it or something? I hadn't realized the game was out. gah

Mein Tumblr

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #18 on: 22 Oct 2008, 20:23 »

No, it's just a black, waist-length, long-sleeved coat with an extra tall neck (kind of like the one from the main dude in Trigun, which I've never watched, just seen clips of).  But it's an 'Assassin's Coat'.  Haven't played long enough to get into any of the good stuff.  They're having a sale on tattoos for the next 14 in game days, I might spend all the money I made blacksmithing there.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #19 on: 22 Oct 2008, 22:42 »

Hooray for Fable 2.  God damn I can not put this game down.

My only grievances about it are the golden trail makes things too easy (though I finally figured out how to turn it off) and the button for blocking is the same button for attacking.

One thing I love the most; there's a counter for how many times you have shot people in the groin.

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
  • Lurker of Lovecraftian proportion
    • Obligatory Social Networking Page
« Reply #20 on: 22 Oct 2008, 22:51 »

I am supposed to be saving up a hell load of money for stuff in the next few months but ugh... I really want this game. I absolutely loved Fable even for all it's faults and issues, I got so hung up on playing the god damn Pairs game in the pubs that it took me about three months to finish it.

Hearing that Fable 2 seems to have worked out some of the problems of the first, as well as making the morality thing hopefully a little less binary, really really calls to my wallet on this.

Will probably buy it at the weekend or something, depending on how much money I have left after buying Xmas gifts and concert tickets.

ackblom12

« Reply #21 on: 23 Oct 2008, 18:00 »

So far I'm loving the shit out of this game. The only things I've found a little wonky are some of the animation glitches with kicking people over ledges and kicking people over fences which are at a ledge. It's a little strange.

CamusCanDo

• Curry sauce
« Reply #22 on: 25 Oct 2008, 00:45 »

I'm stuck at the Sacrificing to the Shadows quest. I've sacrificed enough villagers to make 2000 points and now it's asking me to sacrific someone at 12am, only how the fuck do I manage that? Do I pull the lever right at 12am or before it so the torture happens exactly on 12.

Guys, if you know, help a fella out?

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #23 on: 25 Oct 2008, 07:40 »

Today I found out that dyes are re-usable!  My black flasher coat is now lemon yellow!  I also bought hotpants, thigh boots, a corset, and 'Scanque' perfume.

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #24 on: 25 Oct 2008, 08:07 »

Ok so I gave in and bought it, my savings do not approve. Should be firing it up shortly!

Be My Head

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #25 on: 25 Oct 2008, 16:48 »

Its all right so far. I'm decently far into the main quest, I like the pretty cutscenes and The Tattered Spire is really cool to play in, just wish there was more of it. I managed to have a toddler aged child, but the wife got annoying so I got her to hate me and divorce me. She died and child services took the kid away, no skin off my back since the thing was annoying as hell.

Also, I own a shitload of shops and houses right now, so I'm getting about 4,000 gold every 5 minutes of gameplay. Its a little too easy to make money. I mean, you can get over 1000 gold pieces for each time you pour a beer, assuming you're at the top level and with the highest gold multiplier. I prefer the old-fashioned rpg way of making money, do quests and sell gear.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #26 on: 25 Oct 2008, 23:31 »

I beat it. 

Spoiler: Man, being the pure hero fucks you over so much.  I was so depressed by the end. :Spoiler

One thing I don't quite understand is why it's so hard to become skinny again.
« Last Edit: 25 Oct 2008, 23:33 by Blue Kitty »

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #27 on: 26 Oct 2008, 07:47 »

I started playing but got kinda bored. Then I started again as a female avatar - which is what I normally do - and I'm getting more involved.

Predictably 'more involved' means spending all my time making money and playing dress up with my character but hey. I also spent like a good hour buying houses in Bowerstone just to find out that the reason I wasn't allowed to sleep in any of them wasn't because of the house itself, but because of me being on 'active quests'. Annoying.

I also accidentally married somebody so I don't know what I'll do about that. Maybe just marry somebody else?

Mostly I'm tooling around now doing the optional stuff... I love that's there's so much to do and that none of it is typical sort MMO sort of 'kill X of these' or 'bring Y of those', though I think the community service stuff is more along those lines?

Only gripe so far is that colour / hair dyes seem to only be available in nauseatingly bright or depressingly dark. Difficult, as far as I've found, to find dyes that can give the same shades as the default colours on the clothes you buy. The xp system is nice but the cost of improving skills vs. adding new ones seems to be a little imbalanced in my opinion. I don't think I bought a new skill in the past four hours of gameplay, including advancing through the main quest.

All in all though, it is pretty good! Definitely worth the purchase!

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #28 on: 26 Oct 2008, 09:17 »

I thought it was amazingly hard to level up skills too until I did the crucible. Just wait. Let's just say I had the archmage achievement by the third round.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #29 on: 26 Oct 2008, 09:53 »

I just merged my cheater gambling account with my evil lesbian bitch dog lover.  Now I've got blue and red veins and small horns.  And hot pink cornrows.   

And 650,000 gold....MWUHAHAHAHAHA!

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
  • Standing proudly behind unpopular opinions
« Reply #30 on: 26 Oct 2008, 12:21 »

I want to play this mucho-badly...  Dead Space and Fallout 3 as well, but Im not going to bother with three posts talking about how much I want to play each.
"In this zero sum game everything given to another, reduces me"

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #31 on: 26 Oct 2008, 12:31 »

Can you join with your friend when the game starts? He owns the Xbox and I am coming over to play when he gets it.

Mein Tumblr

CamusCanDo

• Curry sauce
« Reply #32 on: 26 Oct 2008, 15:00 »

I ruined my game by using the pre-patch exp glitch, which has made fighting pointless so now all I want to do is finish the game real quick, the only thing that's keeping me from doing that is the weirdly Sims-esque addiction I'm feeling for the game.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #33 on: 26 Oct 2008, 21:23 »

Guys, I have a problem. Basically, I have been playing the hell out of this game since release. I have been off from work, starting at 2pm on Saturday. I don't go back to work until Wednesday. I am also hella broke, and thus stuck at home. So yeah. Nonstop playing of the game. Unfortunately, earlier today, my fucking 360 overheated. I was heartbroken to say the least. It's understandable, I mean. I've been playing nonstop since Saturday. I tried waiting for it to cool off, and after a few hours I attempted it again. After an hour or so of playing, it died again. I am letting it sit over night and possibly until late afternoon tomorrow before I try it again. I don't want to send it off to Microsoft. :( It's my baby. Any other ideas on what I can do to keep it cool? I am all kinds of heartbroken. I just want to play Fable and Rock Band until I have to go back to work.

As for how far I've gotten in the game, well....I  just got the Hero of Strength. I have spent most of my time dicking around. Buying houses, killing things, marrying people, playing my lute, working, killing things, etc. I really like playing my lute, and people keep giving me gifts because of it.

Also, man, is there a way to close your door once you go in your house? I am all hanging out with my wife, hitting on her, seducing her, playing her some sweet tunes on my lute, and generally attempting to sex her, and the whole fucking town keeps running in and falling in love with me. It makes me crazy. I can't walk down the street without someone wanting to marry me.

Also, what happens if I play as a lady, and get pregnant? Do I go straight to having the kid, or do I walk around adventuring while preggers?
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #34 on: 26 Oct 2008, 22:01 »

I read you go straight to having the kid.  Personally, though, I'm going for a lesbian dog lover, I kill any man who hits on me.  I just did the Normanomicon sidequest, I killed a FUCKTON of Hollow Men.  Even though the combat is so simple, it's REALLY satisfying with the flourishes and the fireballs. 

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #35 on: 26 Oct 2008, 23:09 »

I loved that side quest! I love killing things!

Also, are more guys playing as ladies, and more ladies playing as guys? I am a lady, playing as a guy. I figure next time around I will play as a lady. I am thinking of starting a second account to play as a lady now.

CamusCanDo

• Curry sauce
« Reply #36 on: 27 Oct 2008, 00:47 »

I'm a dude playing a dude, but only because that was the first option and I knew I'd be playing a lady straight I finished my first run through, which I've just finished! The ending was sudden, forced and weird. It felt like the main story wasn't the main story and was instead some kind of elaborate side-quest that took 6-8 hours.

It's not a complaint as such, since there is a fuckton left to do in the game, I'd even thought I had done most of the quests before doing venturing to do the last. What I'm trying to say is MOAR GARETH AND REAVER PLZ.

lanthos

« Reply #37 on: 27 Oct 2008, 07:21 »

This game is awesome. :)  I've really enjoyed playing it.  Currently I'm playing through as a good guy but next time around I'm going to go evil (not sure if I will be an evil guy or girl yet will depend on my mood when I make the toon :p).

The multi-player is a lot of fun!  The biggest problem that I have with it is you can't change the POV during multi-player.  Which is really annoying when you are trying to look around and find chests or run around corners without getting jumped by the five guys there that you didn't see.

I'm going mostly Will with this first guy.  I've purchased the Stamina twice to get more health and enough of the Skill to get aim shot but I have fireball at level four and shock at level four as well.  I'm about thirty thousand XP from shock level five.  That should be fun!  Nothing like getting a good blast off and watching five or six guys around you twitch and jitter before falling over.

Bonus!  When you are doing multi-player there will be times when you are fighting a group of people and when the last bloke dies it goes into slow motion with him falling down.  This is very fun when your mate gets a shot off with the pistol just as you release a huge shock.  Guy gets knocked into the air by the pistol and then hit with the shock so you get the flashing in and out of the skeleton while he's falling through the air in slow mo. :D

There are way too many good games coming out right now.  Thankfully I have a lot of friends that are going to be getting Fallout 3 and Call of Duty 5 (flamethrowers ftw!) so I will be able to borrow those from them.  As well as Dead Space.  The one that I'm going to have to get on my own since I don't know anyone that is going even interested in it is Senjou no Valkyria (Valkyrie Of The Battlefield).

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #38 on: 27 Oct 2008, 10:23 »

Can you make another account without erasing this one?  Last game it let you save to multiple slots, but this one just saves without having to choose a slot.

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #39 on: 27 Oct 2008, 12:27 »

When you start a new character then it does actually start a new 'account' or what have you... when you choose continue it gives you a tarot style selection thing. I think there's 6 slots.

Felrender

• Curry sauce
  • Hi there!
« Reply #40 on: 27 Oct 2008, 21:22 »

I'm a dude playing a dude, but only because that was the first option and I knew I'd be playing a lady straight I finished my first run through, which I've just finished! The ending was sudden, forced and weird. It felt like the main story wasn't the main story and was instead some kind of elaborate side-quest that took 6-8 hours.

It's not a complaint as such, since there is a fuckton left to do in the game, I'd even thought I had done most of the quests before doing venturing to do the last. What I'm trying to say is MOAR GARETH AND REAVER PLZ.

Man, fuck Reaver.

Son of a bitch killed Oakvale.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #41 on: 29 Oct 2008, 15:25 »

I just finished the character with my good and pure predominately Will oriented character, and I picked the Sacrifice ending. And I've gotten a tone of achievements, so many that I don't think I'm going to keep playing on her, I'm going to go ahead and run through it on my evil/corrupt male and then I'll start a third game where I'll make a good/corrupt fat male who'll I'll use to get the lord achievements and try to own every building in the game with. I was a bit retarded with my money in the good girl game and so I never really had all that much.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #42 on: 01 Nov 2008, 15:42 »

Finally played the game, lightning powers kick ass.

Mein Tumblr

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #43 on: 01 Nov 2008, 16:05 »

For serious. I love my lightening powers. I have blue scars all over my body.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #44 on: 01 Nov 2008, 18:55 »

I don't think that's just from lightning, because I've got a character that's maxed out in three magics and she's covered in blue lightning as well.

Seductivpancakes

« Reply #45 on: 01 Nov 2008, 19:10 »

This game is great and I have been playing as a hero so far. Not sure I have the heart to play a villain.

Thy Dungeonman

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #46 on: 01 Nov 2008, 19:51 »

Being covered with blue lightning means you're very good. I think. My character has it too, but I'm not trained in lightning at all.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #47 on: 01 Nov 2008, 19:53 »

In that case what happens when you are a complete asshole?

Mein Tumblr

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #48 on: 01 Nov 2008, 20:17 »

I think its the sign of a powerful will user, the Hero of Will is covered in it too, and the Hero of Strength and Skill are not, so i think the stronger you are in Will the more lines cover you, I'm pretty sure if you're good its blue and if you're evil its red.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #49 on: 02 Nov 2008, 13:24 »

I think its the sign of a powerful will user

That.

It just means that you use will more than other means to defend yourself. That's what I meant. I just tend to use my lightening more than my other powers.

Also, I got a new 360, so I am back to playing. My wife had a baby, it's a girl! Her name is Louisa(which is awesome because my irl middle name is Louise).
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up