THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 13:40
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Halloween!! Costumes, parties, plans!!  (Read 55917 times)

dancarter

• Curry sauce
    • http://dancarter.deviantart.com
Re: Halloween!! Costumes, parties, plans!!
« Reply #200 on: 29 Oct 2008, 19:21 »

No parties, no real plans.  I'm giving out candy and carving a pumpkin into Pale Man from Pan's Labyrinth.  I should be attending one of the two stagings of Night Of The Living Dead at the Wolf Performance Hall here in London, but health issues kind of kibosh my going damned near anywhere right now.  I did a large watercolour poster for the play which they'll be raffling off to counter costs/help to pay people far more involved than myself. 

This is the poster, if anyone is interested: http://www.box.net/shared/2kgof2gxzn#1:17152712:210571260

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #201 on: 29 Oct 2008, 19:33 »

watch out guys we don't wanna offend the fratboys
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

nobo

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #202 on: 29 Oct 2008, 19:39 »

I'm offended by ruining beer by putting altoids in it. No real frat boy would do that.
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #203 on: 29 Oct 2008, 19:46 »

(I think it's supposed to be pretend roofies)

(Y'know, putting pills in girls' drinks?)
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #204 on: 29 Oct 2008, 19:50 »

Hey, fratboy's a cheap costume.  One or two polos with collars popped, hemp necklace, baseball cap/visor at an angle and/or upside down, ripped-hem shorts and sandals.  

Eris was right:  The altoids are for fake rufies.  I might just use tic-tacs instead.  Less nasty.  

If 'fratboy' is too much of a stereotype for you, I'll just be that one douchebag in the RV from Borat.

My original plan was to be Oh Dae Su from Oldboy, but I don't have a suit that I can get dirty, and have fuck all for spending money right now.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

nobo

« Reply #205 on: 29 Oct 2008, 20:20 »

i understand the costume and i understand what the mints are for. clothes are one thing, but to suggest that frat boys are all rapists is a pretty big statement. And i think making that statement says more about you than the group you are portraying.

That all said, a costume is a costume. For anyone to be offended by what someone chooses to wear on Halloween is silly.  If you want it to be more authentic I would suggest wearing a t-shirt with greek letters. if you can't find one, many stores sell this one http://www.cafepress.com/ipheltathi

On a different note, I realize this isn't the sort of message boards where you'll find many greek system members, so if you guys have any questions about the merits of being in a frat, or what my experiences were like, i'll gladly share.

Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #206 on: 29 Oct 2008, 20:27 »

Dimmukane, should've just just said you were being a bro, dude.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #207 on: 29 Oct 2008, 20:38 »

This is the poster, if anyone is interested: http://www.box.net/shared/2kgof2gxzn#1:17152712:210571260

No one mentioned how totally rad this is.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #208 on: 29 Oct 2008, 20:42 »

Nobo, I'm not out to get all frat boys.  Just the ones who are dicks.  It's just a costume, anyway, man.  Mostly the reason I'm going with it is because it's the antithesis of what I am.  I have a few friends who aren't dicks in frats, and onewheel is probably my favoritest forumite on here, and he's in a frat.  

Emaline's right, though, I should say I'm going as a bro, not a fratboy.  Where I live, they're also called fratboys, since Towson University is full of them.  And most of my friends' only experiences with fratboys were with bros.  Hence me saying I'm going as a fratboy.
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #209 on: 29 Oct 2008, 21:27 »

That all said, a costume is a costume. For anyone to be offended by what someone chooses to wear on Halloween is silly.

As a former fratboy i'm going to have to say thats a pretty weak costume. but then again, if you're resorting to stereotypes for halloween costumes I guess I shouldn't expect much of you.

That all said, a costume is a costume. For anyone to be offended by what someone chooses to wear on Halloween is silly.

i understand the costume and i understand what the mints are for. clothes are one thing, but to suggest that frat boys are all rapists is a pretty big statement. And i think making that statement says more about you than the group you are portraying.

I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé
« Reply #210 on: 29 Oct 2008, 21:32 »

Yeah, seriously!  This poster is amazing!

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #211 on: 29 Oct 2008, 21:35 »

I guess there is a full moon or something tonight, since everybody wants to be all argumentative.

Anyway, pretty much all my friends have cancelled on me. My options now are to go to the parade alone, or go to downtown St. Louis, by myself, where I will know no one, and go to a bunch of different clubs. However, I can't go to downtown St. Louis in the daytime, wearing modest clothing, without creepy people hitting. I am not sure I care to find out what will happen if I am down there, with umm vaguely not modest at all clothing, at night.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #212 on: 29 Oct 2008, 22:49 »

I guess I could just wear my rain pants and my Carhartt jacket and say I'm an Alaskan fisherman. That way, I don't even have to shave. Or bathe. You get bonus candy for accuracy, right?

Yes, I do plan on trick-or-treating up on the compound despite being 6 weeks away from my 20th birthday. I'm still living with my mom as a dependant, give me a break. Break me off a piece of that Kit-Kat bar.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #213 on: 30 Oct 2008, 02:24 »

Final run of my halloween costume. Lunchy took the picture for me, her camera and camera skills are way better than mine.

« Last Edit: 30 Oct 2008, 02:29 by Jimmy the Squid »
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #214 on: 30 Oct 2008, 03:40 »

My costume was originally planned to be Emma Peel of the Avengers, but research shows that it could also be Zoe from Doctor Who. Ha!

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #215 on: 30 Oct 2008, 04:35 »

hugblgaglbl

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #216 on: 30 Oct 2008, 06:03 »

Final run of my halloween costume. Lunchy took the picture for me, her camera and camera skills are way better than mine.

Seeing you, even on halloween, would scare the shit out of me.

How did you get it so dark underneath your hood? Or is that just that lighting?
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #217 on: 30 Oct 2008, 06:06 »

I think you'll find that he's wearing some form of black material over his head, be it stocking or backwards balaclava I don't know.
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

Dimmukane

• juicer

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #219 on: 30 Oct 2008, 07:06 »

Seeing you, even on halloween, would scare the shit out of me.

How did you get it so dark underneath your hood? Or is that just that lighting?

It's kind of a thick black gauze headband that, when put over my face, doubles as an awesome mask. If Lunchbox had used a flash it would probably be a little less opaque but in anything less than really bright light it is just jet black cloth that I can see through really well. Enough to be able to recognize faces and read large print books without squinting. I'm thinking of using it for my black metal band's live shows as I don't have long hair to thrash around.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #220 on: 30 Oct 2008, 07:10 »

Jimmy, I don't remember what you said your costume was (if you did?), but you are like an uber fashionable Death. I like it.

And Lunchy, you are so freaking adorable, as always, in that costume.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #221 on: 30 Oct 2008, 07:15 »

My original idea was to be a shadow but, having got the final costume together and experimented a bit with how it well it moves and how easy it is to see and speak and breathe in I'm retconning it to being a nightmare. Way more fun than being a zombie something. If it wasn't for the fact that I'm going to a party that I know will have lots of really drunk, stupid people I would carry a little paring knife around because it is incredible how very threatening the costume looks if you imagine the Nightmare (that's what I'm calling it) holding a tiny silver knife. I'd post another picture to demonstrate but you know, photo rules and everything.

october1983

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • It is a foreign country!
« Reply #222 on: 30 Oct 2008, 09:37 »

That image is actually going to haunt me forever now. Jimmy, you are terrifying.
Quote from: Jens in Meebo
"MY SON JUST WANTED TO COME LIKE A THUNDERSTORM"
"AND YOU ROBBED HIM OF HIS LIFE"

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #223 on: 30 Oct 2008, 12:09 »

But it's awesome! Jimmy, bring it to Boston and see if people run away in terror.

dancarter

• Curry sauce
    • http://dancarter.deviantart.com
« Reply #224 on: 30 Oct 2008, 12:11 »

Yeah, seriously!  This poster is amazing!

aww...thanks! 

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #225 on: 30 Oct 2008, 12:13 »

But it's awesome! Jimmy, bring it to Boston and see if people run away in terror.

I would give him a hug. Then have him walk around behind me and pretend that I didn't know he was there and see how many people stared.

(someone please do this)
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #226 on: 30 Oct 2008, 12:15 »

If he doesn't, I will.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #227 on: 30 Oct 2008, 12:40 »

I don't know if my silver lipstick has arrived yet, and I also don't have any cat ears.

My Halloween costume currently consists of some black jeans (with an unfortunately placed hole), a black top and some silver eyeshadow.

My Halloween costume currently sucks.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #228 on: 30 Oct 2008, 12:42 »

I am wearing my costume at this very second as I am prepping to go out for dinner in it. It came together SOOO much better than I thought it would :DDDD

Essentially, I'm my alter ego crimefighting super hero Nova-Girl. Like.. boots, spandex body suit with sequined stars all over it, matching head band, arm bracers craaazzy matching make-up. The whole colour theme is black and gold. The only thing I wish I had better was better boots, but I can pick up some later as I plan on wearing this for regular fun.

It's so ridiculous. And so awesome for the whole costume to be together. I'll post pictures of it probably tomorrrrroooow.

Also, Lunch, Where did you get the lycra? I love it.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #230 on: 30 Oct 2008, 18:53 »

Costume: barkeeper.

Party: punk rock concert.

Plan: work, possibly get drunk.

Social Bacon

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #231 on: 30 Oct 2008, 21:23 »

A friend of mine named Bo is dressing up like V (from V for Vendetta). He has written this monologue and memorized it for tomorrow evening.

"Behold:  A breathing bastion of bravado and budo, better-bedecked for bloodshed than for bombastic bonanza.  But a bendy blueprint bodes best, so your belligerent banneret brandishes this, a blistering bon mot barrage to bewilder the blind and bowl over the bashful, blasting boredom to Blazes!  Between bafflement and bewitchment, you:  The blushing body, brains blown and breath bated by the banter, brazenness and brass of the babbling bastard before you!  Burdened?  Bored?  Bear with me as I bring this boisterous bombardment of bluster to its bounding bitter end.  For your burnout and besetment, blame me – the brain-stormcloud whose brilliance birthed this brutally bothersome ballad of brightest beauty:  The battling bard Bo."

He is an interesting fellow.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #232 on: 30 Oct 2008, 21:44 »

I know this won't change a damn thing since Halloween's tonight, but I like the movie one better.

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.  Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me "V".

Social Bacon

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #233 on: 30 Oct 2008, 21:56 »

So do I, but he wanted to do it with "b" because his name is Bo. He also doesn't have a team of professional writers working for him so I'd still say it's pretty impressive. :-D

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
    • http://www.goat.cx
« Reply #234 on: 30 Oct 2008, 22:27 »

I just finished the final touches on my Rorschach costume, the lady is going as Lady Dr. Manhatten. I'll have pictures whenever.
also israel

Nodaisho

« Reply #235 on: 31 Oct 2008, 00:19 »

I'm looking forward to seeing those, Troll.
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #236 on: 31 Oct 2008, 00:37 »

clockworkjames

• Grammar Nazi vs Illiterate Jew
« Reply #237 on: 31 Oct 2008, 03:46 »

Anyone who dresses as V will get alled EFG and anyone dressed as EFG will get called V.

Last year the club I was in had 4 V's and 2 EFG's.

I wanted to kill most of them by the end of the night.
still new here, didn't wanna piss anyone off

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
    • http://www.goat.cx
« Reply #238 on: 31 Oct 2008, 04:38 »

yeah but this year you'll just have thousands and thousands of jokers.
also israel

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #239 on: 31 Oct 2008, 05:05 »

Dude Graham I think Johnny should go as the guy in your avatar. Guy would just have to find the exact same clothing as him and bam, you're good.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #240 on: 31 Oct 2008, 07:17 »

the lady is going as Lady Dr. Manhatten.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the basic description of that costume "blue and naked?"

Seems a bit chilly out for that.
JON MADE ME GAY

Cam

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #241 on: 31 Oct 2008, 07:28 »

I am putting the finishing touches on the Beaker mask, like rearranging the eyes/pupils to keep from looking cross eyed or retarded, but this should give an idea of what I am shooting for.

Obviously, it isn't the best build quality ever, but I was going for fun and quick.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #242 on: 31 Oct 2008, 08:05 »

Forget the punk show. I'm taking my $10 and going to the bar instead.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #243 on: 31 Oct 2008, 08:33 »

I just got back from my friend's Halloween party! As mentioned previously in this thread, I dressed up like this (sorry about the blur-o-vision):

The sign said this (to make it look extra feeble and pathetic, I wrote it with my left hand):

By the end of the night, I'd made A$1.10, meaning the costume more than paid for itself!

As it happens, I've been invited to another Halloween party tomorrow night. Because it'd be naff to wear the same costume twice, I'll be dressed up as something completely different. It will be a more conceptual (read: cheap) costume - stay tuned!

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #244 on: 31 Oct 2008, 11:04 »

It is can be pirate time now?

YARRR!!!!

Alternately, how I can pose for picture?
To the sky!
Saucy pirate wench!
« Last Edit: 31 Oct 2008, 11:06 by Misconception »
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

tuna ketchup x

« Reply #245 on: 31 Oct 2008, 11:18 »

That Beaker mask is so awesome.

Also! The new Halloween Chick Tract is out! It's a good one!

Caleb

• Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog
« Reply #246 on: 31 Oct 2008, 12:31 »

I worked on the reference desk today.

The theme was batman.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #247 on: 31 Oct 2008, 12:53 »

I've been reading comics for sixteen years and I most certainly do not recall The Nun as a Batman character. Did somebody miss the memo, or was she just lazy?

Though I do dig the sense of humor shown by the short, chubby dude being willing to go as the Penguin.
JON MADE ME GAY

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #248 on: 31 Oct 2008, 12:58 »

That Beaker mask is so awesome.

Also! The new Halloween Chick Tract is out! It's a good one!

YAY

Caleb

• Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog
« Reply #249 on: 31 Oct 2008, 13:17 »

I've been reading comics for sixteen years and I most certainly do not recall The Nun as a Batman character. Did somebody miss the memo, or was she just lazy?

Though I do dig the sense of humor shown by the short, chubby dude being willing to go as the Penguin.

Not a lot of mainstream female characters in the batman universe so she just went as a nun.

(and that dude is a female btw.)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up