THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 07:43
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: karma coffee!  (Read 7885 times)

LiquidM

karma coffee!
« on: 22 Oct 2008, 21:25 »

what would ya know, the coffee of dooms appliances are taking up arms against evil faye. first attack the espresso machine fires off an explosive steam bomb of coffee. whos next the coffee grinder or the oven. we can only wait and see.

-Karamazov-

• Balloon animal serial killer
Re: karma coffee!
« Reply #1 on: 22 Oct 2008, 21:32 »

they have an oven?

MC

• Furry furrier
« Reply #2 on: 22 Oct 2008, 23:38 »

I don't care about evil espresso machines, all I care about is the fact that "not you ass-face, the espresso machine" is the the funnest thing I have read all week  :lol:

Bridgebrain

« Reply #3 on: 23 Oct 2008, 00:09 »

Whats fun is aparently I'm the only one who caught the For great justice reference. Zig!

Dickbutt

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #4 on: 23 Oct 2008, 03:19 »

Dude I thought Faye like exploded or some shit. Jesus even Pennys hair is all WOOSH so damn I thought karma just took her out of the universe

britMonster

• Furry furrier
« Reply #5 on: 23 Oct 2008, 04:42 »

The espresso machine actually could generate a lot of power, even if that is exaggerated for effect. Faye would be seriously injured if that happened to her in real life. Steam burns are bad, steam is VERY HOT.
britMonster is all hot and bothered by the thought of febreeze.

you're invited : www.lost.eu/75505

mustang6172

• Duck attack survivor
  • Citizen First Class
« Reply #6 on: 23 Oct 2008, 20:55 »

they have an oven?

Well they do sell baked goods.

Those espresso machines are dangerous.  They can reach temperatures in excess of 72 degrees.  Fahrenheit!

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #7 on: 23 Oct 2008, 22:10 »

they have an oven?

They have a battle spatula and a soufflé pan.  Why wouldn't they have an oven?

mustang6172

• Duck attack survivor
  • Citizen First Class
« Reply #8 on: 23 Oct 2008, 22:17 »

Which raises the question:  What the Hell is a soufflé pan?

Aren't soufflés generally made in ceramic dishes?  Did Jeph mean to say sauté?

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #9 on: 23 Oct 2008, 22:20 »

Almost certainly.  But wouldn't it be hell of awesome to see someone make a souffle in a pan?  How badass would that be?  And, let's face it, this is a world with talking robots.  Surely they invented "souffle-in-a-pan" by now.  Possibly even microwave souffles.

Doug S. Machina

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #10 on: 24 Oct 2008, 01:54 »

Microwave soufflés? Philistine.

Dude I thought Faye like exploded or some shit. Jesus even Pennys hair is all WOOSH so damn I thought karma just took her out of the universe

That would be some plot twist.
Man, if I was the sort of person who quoted things like that in my signature, I'd quote that it my signature.

britMonster

• Furry furrier
« Reply #11 on: 26 Oct 2008, 11:26 »

Which raises the question:  What the Hell is a soufflé pan?

Aren't soufflés generally made in ceramic dishes?  Did Jeph mean to say sauté?

That does look more like a saute pan.
britMonster is all hot and bothered by the thought of febreeze.

you're invited : www.lost.eu/75505

CycloneChibi

« Reply #12 on: 27 Oct 2008, 07:29 »

Uh oh...I smell another "Dora being a bitch" storyline coming up!  Will this be the one where someone finally tells Dora to chill out?  Only time will tell.

Tokuma

• http://www.last.fm/user/tokuma/
« Reply #13 on: 27 Oct 2008, 09:25 »

I believe it is about time they upgraded their espresso machine anyway! I would suggest a Marzocco Linea EE 4 Group. 'Tis a sexy tank of a machine, practically unstoppable!

Uh oh...I smell another "Dora being a bitch" storyline coming up!  Will this be the one where someone finally tells Dora to chill out?  Only time will tell.

Espresso machines are really expensive so while Dora may be a bitch at times, being a bitch about an espresso machine breaking is more then understandable, it is practically required.

Siibillam-Law

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Ha Ha Fucking Ha
    • Siibillam's Storywrite
« Reply #14 on: 27 Oct 2008, 12:36 »

It's all going to link together, see. What we don't know is that Wil works in an espresso machine making factory and just happens to have a couple lying around, BUT (dun dun duhhhh) his arm is broken and he cannot carry it, nor can he pick up the phone to have it delivered, because he only uses that arm to phone people with. Meanwhile, Dora fires Penny (because if it wasn't for her telling the story, Faye wouldn't have laughed) and as it turns out, Morgue Chick (who has mysteriously disappeared) happens to have just taken a course in turning AnthroPCs into espresso machine so Pintsize becomes a very tiny, but very efficient coffee making device, adding just that more sass to the Coffee of Doom.
Hell yeah
There is no sin except stupidity

WitWriter

« Reply #15 on: 27 Oct 2008, 13:36 »

A soufflé pan would be awesome.

They also have the sword they hide under the counter. Maybe the oven's in the back with the coffee beans and the monster spiders.

mustang6172

• Duck attack survivor
  • Citizen First Class
« Reply #16 on: 27 Oct 2008, 21:58 »

I believe it is about time they upgraded their espresso machine anyway! I would suggest a Marzocco Linea EE 4 Group. 'Tis a sexy tank of a machine, practically unstoppable!

Espresso machines are really expensive so while Dora may be a bitch at times, being a bitch about an espresso machine breaking is more then understandable, it is practically required.

Could you give us a price range on those?  I tried looking up how much one would cost.  Most of the small, residential use ones I saw were roughly $100, but I did see one of similar size to Dora's priced around $6,000.

She has been worried about money lately.  Foreshadowing perhaps?  Finally get around to firing Sarah perhaps?  Though the ethical firing would be of the most recently aquired employee, Penelope.

Though she shouldn't have to close the shop over this.  She can still make coffee and tea, but no espresso, cappuccino, or latte.

Tokuma

• http://www.last.fm/user/tokuma/
« Reply #17 on: 27 Oct 2008, 23:06 »

Could you give us a price range on those?  I tried looking up how much one would cost.  Most of the small, residential use ones I saw were roughly $100, but I did see one of similar size to Dora's priced around $6,000.

She has been worried about money lately.  Foreshadowing perhaps?  Finally get around to firing Sarah perhaps?  Though the ethical firing would be of the most recently aquired employee, Penelope.

Though she shouldn't have to close the shop over this.  She can still make coffee and tea, but no espresso, cappuccino, or latte.

$6,000 sounds about right, though if business is picking up or the shop just wants to get a sexxy new (read: not so new) machine the price can get up to 10,000-13,000. The shop I work for has the Marzocco Linea EE 4 Group and it set us back about 10,000...and that was a steal. Also, depending on whether or not Dora is able to do the actual setup some places will add a setup fee which can be costly. Though I personally would hope that Dora, as the owner of a coffee shop, would be able to perform the basic setup...

I am thinking way to much in to this aren't I...

Also, the $100 dollar home use espresso machines are glorified crap-tastic toys. Steer clear at all cost...pun not-so-intended
Pages: [1]   Go Up