THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 20 Apr 2024, 04:31
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dexter  (Read 22329 times)

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
Re: Dexter
« Reply #50 on: 25 Nov 2009, 19:36 »

Well you could probably swing the beginning of any season, but I wouldn't try to jump in mid-season
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #51 on: 26 Nov 2009, 13:47 »

Yeah, starting at the beginning of one of the seasons would probably work, but I would definitely recommend starting with season 1. I probably like season 1 and season 4 best, so far... And so much of who Dexter is would be lost on you if you didn't start at the beginning.

Also, completely agree that this week's episode was fucking amazing.

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #52 on: 26 Nov 2009, 14:01 »

As good as these episodes are they make me kind of sad that all the time Lithgow was doing Third Rock he could have been ... acting.

Ikrik

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #53 on: 29 Nov 2009, 04:14 »

I gave up watching Dexter during the 3rd season.  That whole relationship with that judge person completely turned me off.  His relationship with his girlfriend was also feeling really awkward in a bad way.  Should I stay away from season 4 or should I perhaps give it another go?

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #54 on: 29 Nov 2009, 10:43 »

Season 4 is much better than season 3 was, even though I didn't really dislike season 3. I'd give it another go, and don't quit if the two first episodes aren't exactly to your liking. It gets so much better. Rita is still there in a big way, though..
« Last Edit: 29 Nov 2009, 10:45 by Ladybug »

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #55 on: 29 Nov 2009, 11:51 »

As good as these episodes are they make me kind of sad that all the time Lithgow was doing Third Rock he could have been ... acting.
He always was an incredible ham, though. He's just good at either being zany or completely unhinged. See also - Blow Out.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #56 on: 29 Nov 2009, 12:03 »

True that -- I don't know am I deluding myself in thinking that Trinity is just a tinch more subtle than the dad on Third Rock.  I remember him receiving an award for the show and saying: "What I do on that show is not acting."

pen

• Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #57 on: 09 Dec 2009, 06:27 »

So really, Arthur is fucking bold to walk into the station like that.  Man's got some balls.  So awesome.  I keep thinking Quinn and Deb are gonna hook up now that they both were retarded people who dated killers.  I don't like either of them, so I think it'd be a good match.
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

lisavilisa

• Plantmonster
« Reply #58 on: 11 Dec 2009, 22:36 »

So they let a police officer go alone into the apartment of the person they are 99% sure shot her without even checking to see if there was a gun in the fucking living room?!

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #59 on: 11 Dec 2009, 22:41 »

At some point, and I'm not sure exactly where, this season went horribly wrong.

the_pied_piper

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #60 on: 13 Dec 2009, 09:16 »

What?

This has been the best season so far in terms of pretty much everything. It has even made Deb and Rita tolerable and that is no mean feat in itself. The only issue I have with the whole season is the LaGuerta/Batista relationship because I hate LaGuerta.

*Extra spoiler if you haven't read the books*
I wish she was dead like in the books.
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #61 on: 13 Dec 2009, 09:39 »

She was a very different character in the books.

Massive spoilers for this season follow

I think the plotting for this season stopped working for me somewhere around when Dexter saved Trinity's life so that he could kill him later.  And then framed a stranger for being Trinity.  And then was stupid enough to allow Trinity to stalk him.  It just seems that they are working very hard to equalize the playing field between Dexter and Trinity, but it doesn't really seem consistent with Dexter's past qualities of being exceptionally cautious and planning everything ahead meticulously.

It seems that the writers badly want a finale where Trinity endangers Dexter's family and Dexter has to save them but they way they are getting there kind of bugs me.  I would have agreed that it was the best season up to when Dexter saved Trinity though.  Also, LaGuerta in the books was fairly different from the in the show -- for one thing she doesn't seem quite as incompetent in the show.

the_pied_piper

« Reply #62 on: 14 Dec 2009, 14:30 »

So the season is now over and I'm not going to post any spoilers for the finale but I don't know if there is really any better way to end such a fanastic season. Can't wait to see what happens next.
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

DavidGrohl

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #63 on: 15 Dec 2009, 11:01 »

So the season is now over and I'm not going to post any spoilers for the finale but I don't know if there is really any better way to end such a fanastic season. Can't wait to see what happens next.

They set up the next season without an annoyance I've had for quite a while. ;)

The acting in this season was terrific all-around.

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #64 on: 15 Dec 2009, 14:48 »

Next season will be dark as fuck, that's my guess.

pen

• Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #65 on: 18 Dec 2009, 09:44 »

Spoilers below:

I'm really curious what's going to happen with Cody and Aster now that Rita's gone.  Since Dex isn't their biological dad, will they be given to Rita's mom?  How is Dex gonna manage his hobby while being a single dad?  Hmmmmm

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #66 on: 18 Dec 2009, 10:14 »

Spoilers ahead and all that.

I'm thinking the grandparents are the most likely outcome, but it will be sort of even sadder if both Rita, Astor and Cody disappear from the show at the same time. The single dad-aspect will definitely be interesting. I read an article earlier today where someone suggested that Harrison might end up in a foster home, but that makes no sense to me. For everyone else in Dexter-verse, Dexter is a seemingly normal and upstanding guy (excluding the fake drug problems) who should be fully capable of taking care of his own son, and I also don't think he would let someone else take care of Harrison after having basically the same thing that happened to himself happen to his son. So yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing how they deal with the single dad vs. serial killer-thing. Do you think they will jump ahead in time a couple of years or something, to make Harrison a bit older? I've seen someone mention that as a possibility, and it wouldn't surprise me, but I don't quite know what I want.

pen

• Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #67 on: 21 Dec 2009, 06:08 »

I doubt they'll skip ahead in time like that.  I think Harrison is too young to remember it, so it wouldn't really impact him so much as it will Dex.  Plus, they can really only jump ahead by that much unless they definitely have no plans for Cody and Astor coming back.  Their ages kind of need to stay in the same line, like if Harrison is all of a sudden 4, Astor hasn't really kept up much.  I think the kids are going to at least kind of stick around since they just lost their mom and they really like Dex and probably don't want to lose him too.      

allison

• i really want a mustache
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
    • My GlobalComicJam profile
« Reply #69 on: 02 Sep 2010, 21:53 »

thought i'd revivify this thread, as the new season is starting at the end of this month.

it appears that michael hall has successfully kicked lymphoma in the nads, and that julie benz is signed on for another season.

first episode is listed for the 26th, but the premier of the last season leaked to the net about two weeks early, so who knows.

look out! Ninjas!

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #70 on: 03 Sep 2010, 06:03 »

I sorta hope they don't have Rita do the memory ghost thing like Dexter's dad because that would be a little tacky, but if Benz's signed on for a whole season then I think that's what she'll do. Oh well, pretty.
Tina Turner kicking the crap out of Zombie Ike Turner?

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #71 on: 03 Sep 2010, 11:21 »

I'm ok with her sticking around, I was getting tired of Dex's dad whining at him every goddamn time something important happened.
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #72 on: 03 Sep 2010, 11:47 »

Maybe this season they'll come up with some halfway interesting non serial-killer characthahahahahaha just kidding Dexter is basically the second season of Twin Peaks + a serial killer.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Buttfranklin

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • bruce
« Reply #73 on: 05 Sep 2010, 07:54 »

My grandma of all people got me into this show.  Jesus Christ.
I tried to romance a lady photographer once. But it didn't work out because I could never understand about f-spots.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #74 on: 06 Sep 2010, 02:30 »

This will probably be the season that I lose interest in only a few episodes time.

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
« Reply #75 on: 20 Sep 2010, 23:41 »

youtube.com/watch?v=CUbCMbW-BRE

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #76 on: 21 Sep 2010, 00:15 »

holy shit that little girl sprouted

pen

• Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #77 on: 27 Sep 2010, 10:43 »

Any thoughts on the first episode?  I thought it was mediocre, and the flashbacks thing started getting on my nerves a bit. 

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
« Reply #78 on: 29 Sep 2010, 10:53 »

yeah, little underwhelming, but there was alot of character stuff to get out of the way and now they can move forward with it.

i'm wondering if any of the cops are going to realize that trinity was the guy who walked into the station and got in dexter's face the day rita died.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #79 on: 29 Sep 2010, 12:43 »

Yeah I felt like they bum-rushed through the funeral process just so it wouldn't gobble up half the season.

pen

• Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #80 on: 29 Sep 2010, 12:48 »

A few of my coworkers have interesting theories on Rita. 

Not really spoilers, but better safe:
Someone suggested that Dex himself killed her and just repressed it or something, since he does seem to be kind of off his rocker lately. 

Someone else thinks it was the neighbor and that we'll find out he's divorced because of a history of violence.  They say he probably thought he'd get away with it since the MO was close to trinity's, but he wouldn't know all of the details since he's not behind the scenes, so it wouln't be perfect. 

I can't see there being much of a resolution if it were actually Trinity since there'd be no one to get caught, so I like to think it was someone we haven't considered.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #81 on: 29 Sep 2010, 12:53 »

Deb did it! That's why she wanted to clean up the crime scene! To make sure she didn't leave any evidence behind.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #82 on: 29 Sep 2010, 15:05 »

So, Rita is only reappearing in Flashbacks? If so, I can get behind that.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #83 on: 05 Oct 2010, 00:39 »

Off to a slow start, but with the kids gone I feel like this season is about to kick into high gear.

allison

« Reply #84 on: 11 Oct 2010, 19:15 »

Excited to know what the girl is going to bring, and way way more excited to know Julia Stiles is guest-starring.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #85 on: 13 Oct 2010, 01:19 »

Man, I was like "Batista's charges are the shocking ending to this episode?" and then BAM julia stiles. Now I can't wait for next week.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #86 on: 09 Nov 2010, 19:53 »

Things are finally starting to heat up. Anyone else curious about who else is in the photo with Boyd and Cole? My guess is, Spangler.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #87 on: 09 Nov 2010, 20:15 »

ehhh this season has gone pretty much nowhere so far... I'm getting a bit bored with it. then again, the show hasn't been the same since they spilled all the beans in season 2.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #88 on: 16 Nov 2010, 00:58 »

I stand by what I said earlier but shit this week's episode was tight.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #89 on: 16 Nov 2010, 15:24 »

Laguerta has been pissing me off for quite a while now. Ugh. And I can't figure out if I'm supposed to like the Julia Stiles character or not, but I don't.

I'm pretty excited to see the where this is heading now, though. The first half of the season was pretty slow, but then again, after season 4, this season was bound to be a letdown.

pen

• Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #90 on: 07 Dec 2010, 11:20 »

I don't know about anyone else, but I have literally been on the edge of my seat for a few episodes now, and am totally psyched for the finale.  Yeah, this season started slow, but I think it picked up to the point where I'm 120% hooked again.

allison

« Reply #91 on: 07 Dec 2010, 12:08 »

This show is so goddamn stressful. I am honestly nervous while I watch it. Which is awesome, of course.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #92 on: 07 Dec 2010, 16:12 »

I want to know if Angel and LaGuerta start doin' it  again.

That's why people watch this show, right? For the romantic travails of the Miami Metro PD?
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #93 on: 11 Dec 2010, 15:28 »

I don't know about anyone else, but I have literally been on the edge of my seat for a few episodes now, and am totally psyched for the finale.  Yeah, this season started slow, but I think it picked up to the point where I'm 120% hooked again.

Yeah, same here. I'm back to being super nervous a lot of the time, which is one of the things I absolutely love about Dexter. I still don't like the Julia Stiles character and I don't really like that they went where I suspected they would, but it's also sort of interesting, or at least not as bad as I feared.

I have two 4-hour 100% counting exams the day after the morning that the season finale is available, though :/ Not sure I'll get to see it until Thursday evening, but knowing myself, I'll probably watch it with a very extended breakfast on Monday.

This show is so goddamn stressful. I am honestly nervous while I watch it. Which is awesome, of course.

Dexter is pretty much the only show I've had to pause several times during an episode because I got so nervous that I needed to calm down a little bit :p Not this season, but quite a few times earlier.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #94 on: 13 Dec 2010, 01:47 »

So that was anticlimactic.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

pen

• Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #95 on: 13 Dec 2010, 05:35 »

I agree.  It looked like it was gonna be awesome when Deb was closing in on Dex and Lumen, but I was definitely let down.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up