THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 06:40
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: pathological lair or not?  (Read 2743 times)

MC

• Furry furrier
pathological lair or not?
« on: 07 Nov 2008, 05:23 »

is hannelore lying about her dad? Personally I think it's plausible that she is. People with severe social problems can and do tell lies as far as the moon in order to be liked more,,,,, and hanners father stories ARE as far as the moon.... literally even :P

Mad Cat

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Master of my domain, but not of my range.
Re: pathological lair or not?
« Reply #1 on: 07 Nov 2008, 05:36 »

Oh! AHAHAHA. At first I thought this was going to be a thread about where Hannelore's father spends most of his time, a pathological lair deep down in the mantle of the earth... or the moon, you never know. Subter-- Sublunarean living makes even more sense on moon, what with no atmosphere to protect from hard cosmic rays and other radiation beasties, getting gigatonnes of soil, dust, and rock over your head makes mad sense.

I think the title was meant to be "pathological LIAR or not?", eh?

I don't think Hanners is a pathological liar. A pathological liar would tell lies and then totally own them, even trying to live the lie, and would do anything and everything EXCEPT admit them. If called on a lie, Hanners readily admits that she was pulling your leg.
« Last Edit: 07 Nov 2008, 05:39 by Mad Cat »
The Quakers were masters of siege warfare.

Rocketman

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • A little bitter.
« Reply #2 on: 07 Nov 2008, 07:46 »

Subter-- Sublunarean living makes even more sense on moon, what with no atmosphere to protect from hard cosmic rays and other radiation beasties, getting gigatonnes of soil, dust, and rock over your head makes mad sense.

How did you get my address?! Great, now I'll have Girl Scouts and Jehovah's Witnesses up here by next week.

tuna ketchup x

« Reply #3 on: 07 Nov 2008, 07:59 »

Well, we have physical proof that her dad lives in space, what with her mom's dialogue during what is possibly my favorite arc (even if it did lead to kid!Hanners), and the robot boyfriend. I don't think today's strip is hard to swallow considering the elastic sci-fi-isms that abound in QC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up