THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 24 Apr 2024, 09:06
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Weirdest Ending of A Relationship?  (Read 84828 times)

calenlass

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • queefcicle!
Re: Weirdest Ending of A Relationship?
« Reply #100 on: 19 Nov 2008, 19:49 »

The weirdest break up I ever had was also the worst, and also the only one wherein I got dumped, as opposed to doing the dumping myself. Things were going along fine (I thought) and then suddenly I didn't hear from the guy for a couple of days and then out of the blue he called me and said, "yeah, this isn't working" and that was that. I never did get a reason for it, either.

Edit: Also I would like to argue about the word selfish and its supposed negative connotations. I am selfish. I serve myself first. If I didn't, that would be kind of silly, right? Our biological imperatives are to survive and to propagate the species, and you can't have the latter without the former, and you can't be surviving unless you give yourself the attention and resources to do so. I definitely put my needs before other people's, although I have learned to do some prioritising (like if a person I care about is bleeding out of their eyes, chances are I will be willing to take them to the hospital before going to make myself a sandwich if I am hungry). Other people are resources: the provide information, or the feed me, or they give me sex, or they make me happy.

Self-centeredness is a lot of the same thing, except it is where you think of yourself and your needs to the exclusion of all else. I think this is what people think of when they think "selfish", because they are really quite close synonyms. I would say that selfishness is not nearly as bad as self-centeredness, though, even if it is my opinion.
« Last Edit: 19 Nov 2008, 19:55 by calenlass »
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

CarrionMan

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • The RP Syndicate
« Reply #101 on: 19 Nov 2008, 21:09 »

I tend to think that cynicism means that all actions have severely selfish ulterior motives that can or will hurt others. Or that's the case with me.

I've had friends that are girls freak out on me for no reasons, some for good reasons, some for semi-good reasons. Nothing worth noting.
"I am accusing war. I am accusing man. I am accusing universal stupidity."

fatty

• FIGHT YOU
    • the Notorious F.A.T.T.Y.
« Reply #102 on: 19 Nov 2008, 22:34 »

life is the longest fucking thing i ever agreed to.

And even then, it's not like I was really given a choice.
est: she is basically an ass to everyone

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #103 on: 20 Nov 2008, 00:23 »

I went out with a girl in High School and didn't know what I was supposed to do with her because I was ridiculously naive about girls.

That about sums up my early dealings with girls.

comic

ah man, your little comic reminded me of a comic I drew about me being an asshole to a girl, but I can't find mine anymore.
« Last Edit: 20 Nov 2008, 00:29 by jhocking »

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #104 on: 20 Nov 2008, 04:37 »

You exist for a fraction of time and you make ultimately no impact on anything.

I don't think you believe this, given how much time you spend telling people to try and be decent to each other and such. Also, you do make a difference, and even if you didn't it still doesn't excuse acting like you don't.

allison

• Bling blang blong blung
  • i really want a mustache
« Reply #105 on: 20 Nov 2008, 04:40 »

I was in a messy pseudo-relationship with a guy 8 years my senior (we will call him D!) - who happened to have a girlfriend that I was unaware of. I'd known him for a few years, and I'd refused his advances (the age difference, we didn't know each other well) until finally I said fine, let's go out.  We dated (as in, went on dates) for a few months; everything was amazing. I was over the moon for D and he seemed to be just as fond of me.

One bright morning I woke to find an email waiting for me...from a girl who had this to say: "Hey bitch, I know about you and my boyfriend, f---ing whore." Needless to say I was a little shocked. I called him and said, "Hi D, I know you're at work but maybe you could give me a shout on your break? Your girlfriend really isn't happy with me."

They broke up, and he and I continued to see each other - what an awful decision on my part, right? Well, like I said, I was smitten. It was hard for us to spend time together, as he worked nights and I went to school and had a part time job. We managed to find a few hours here and there. (Canadian) Thanksgiving weekend he was supposed to come spend a night with me but he called and bailed the day before. I was very very angry, and spent the Saturday alone...and then he showed up on my doorstep at 11:30 on Sunday night.

We spent all night talking about what we were. We broke up, because it just wasn't working - the time for us to be together was just not there and he was scared he was going to break my heart. Obviously then we slept together (my first time...) and he left in the early morning. I was okay with it, it was best if we were over.

Until he called me a few days later wanting to see me, and I said "But I thought we were done?" However according to him, nothing about that night meant we were over at all. We continued spending almost no time together and exchanging messages and phone calls talking about how absolutely wonderful the other person was. I got bored of it though, and when I met a guy my age who was geeky, cute and totally into me, I started seeing him.

This new relationship turned out to be pretty lasting...and D and I just stopped. We just stopped finding time to see one another, messages got fewer and further between...there was no fight, no real ending, we simply disappeared out of each others' lives. It's still the strangest thing to me - and he was right, he did break my heart.

tl;dr: I fell in love with a guy 8 years older than me, we dated, I lost my v-card to him and never saw him again.
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #106 on: 20 Nov 2008, 04:52 »

A week after my first-ever "girlfriend" thing began, after several instances of getting in trouble at work from her calling me ALL THE FUCKING TIME, she decided I wasn't pampering her enough, and that my D&D friends were too nerdy for her to allow me to keep hanging out with them. I pretty much was like "Fuck you, at least my friends are nice people who don't center their lives around cocaine and meth like yours do." That was a pretty clear 'it's over' message and I never talked to her civilly again, even when she came in to my work as a customer.

I found out a couple months later that her grandma had finally gotten tired of her shit and shipped her off to a military academy. As the story goes, the gym teacher was like "I miss Jordan, what about you guys?" and got crickets. Good riddance, the giggling cunt.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #107 on: 20 Nov 2008, 05:58 »

my thoughts on selfishness are pretty similar to how evolution theorists also view it, as something that's completely inherent and underlies just about everything people do. it's something people don't want to think about because for some reason or another this has become a really negative word, but it makes complete sense to me to think that human beings pretty wouldn't do anything at all if it didn't benefit them in some way because those behaviors are the only ones that could understandably be passed on from generation to generation. i think the trick is that we've learned to completely and unquestioningly rationalize 99% of the selfish things we do and ascribe to them motivations other than selfish ones so as to allow those behaviors to continue to exist. it's so automatic we don't even realize we're doing it. like, i don't help my friends when they're upset because i want to avoid feeling terrible and guilty, i help them because they need it. i don't volunteer because it makes me feel like a good person and increases my sense of self-importance, i volunteer because i genuinely want to give my time to others. and so on.

i try not to think about it not just for the reason that it bums me out but because knowing the reasons why people do what they do won't change the actual behavior itself, so why bother worrying about it? in the end we've all developed a whole bunch of ultimately functional behaviors which is to me the important part, not the means by which they developed.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

0bsessions

• Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #108 on: 20 Nov 2008, 07:31 »

I'm dating his best friend.

wow, you're a bitch

As a few people have noted, this largely depends on the circumstance of the breakup. When my first serious girlfriend and I broke up, I started seeing her best friend like a week later. This was all kinds of fucked up in a lot of ways I won't get into, but I'd say it was fair since I was the one that was dumped. If you dump someone, you pretty much have zero license to be offended by anyone they choose to date following you.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

LiterSize

• Curry sauce
« Reply #109 on: 20 Nov 2008, 08:10 »

She turned into Voltron.  Robot ladybits = chafing!

On a thread applicable note, one girl I dated went out to dinner with me, invited me up to her apt., and then either talked around me to her roommate, watched youtube videos for about an hour while I was on the other side of the room, and basically forgot/ignored the fact I was there.  I left her apt. incensed and figured we were done.  2 weeks later I get an e-mail from her with an apology that she's spineless and a coward.  wtf...?

thankfully, it was only a couple weeks we'd been seeing each other that whole time.  Not to worry!  I have since found myself in a better place.

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #110 on: 20 Nov 2008, 08:56 »

on the topic of the whole "it's okay to get mad at people based on who they date" mentality, i don't get it either. i try to view relationships in the broad sense that people don't belong to other people and they can have whatever consenting relationships they want with each other. if i broke up with a guy and he started to date a friend of mine, i'd probably be incredibly upset about the situation itself but i don't see how it makes any sense at all to actually feel anger towards either of them since, to me, that would imply that for some reason or another i have a say in their relationship or that they deliberately chose to feel attraction towards each other in order to spite me or that it's taboo because the guy technically still belongs to me or some other fucked up self-centered reasoning. i just go by the philosophy that people, unfortunately, are sometimes going to make decisions that for personal reasons will make me very unhappy and it's my responsibility to sack up and deal with it cos my personal issues with their behavior are not their concern and shouldn't be.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #111 on: 20 Nov 2008, 09:13 »

WHS

I like Prime Minister Balfour's expression of it: Nothing matters very much, and few things matter at all.

Some people deliberately sacrifice their happiness to gain a little extra immortality by passing on advantages to their children; it hardly ever works out, and remains insignificant in the grand scheme of things.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Orbert

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #112 on: 20 Nov 2008, 10:11 »

High school.  Me, my best guy friend, and my best girl friend were all... well, friends.  Spent a lot of time together.  Feelings develop beyond mere friendship.  To this day, I'm not sure whether or not I was in love with her, as it would have been my first time, but I think I was.  Same with the guy friend and girl friend.  By the way, we're all total geeks and virgins, so intimacy is limited to making out and some petting, but most clothing stayed on.  Still, I'm not feeling right about making out with a girl who was just making out with my best friend last night.  I talk to him, and he's feeling the same way.  Eventually, friendships are threatened and nobody really wants that, so she really needs to make a choice and hopefully everyone will be okay with it. 

So she comes over to my house one night and explains to me that I am not the chosen one.  Then plants a kiss on me to break all previous records.  My hands start getting a bit bored but they think of a few things they'd like to do, but she stops them and pulls away.  "Don't do that" she says.  I was already confused as hell, this didn't help at all, but okay I stop.  She says she really has to get going, she's going out with him tonight.  Fuck.

I'm not exactly a gracious loser, and the next day I can't help but "let it slip" that I was making out with her only hours before she went over to his house.  Yeah, it was uncalled-for, but this was high school.  He respectfully requests that I back off; I tell him that she's made her choice, what more does he want?

She calls me later, upset that I'd told him that we'd made out, so I take the opportunity to ask her what that was all about anyway.  She said it was "to let me know we were still friends". Um... okay.  She and I are still friends, he and I are still friends, but they hate each other now because she cheated on him later and it got ugly.

Yeah, boring story, but weirdest ending of a relationship I've ever endured.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #113 on: 20 Nov 2008, 18:29 »

I am too competetive for my own good...

I got dumped on Christmas Eve...

Twice.

Christmas Day for me.

Granted, it was a mutual situation and it happened while makeouts where going on and then we didn't talk for like, three weeks and got back together three days before he left the country.

Yeah, that was all kind of weird now that I think about it.
Quote from: Daniel on Gabbly
princy, this is the time to think with your vagina
Quote from: Iananan on Gabbly
nipples are deactivated at birth, to prevent misfires and accident

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #114 on: 20 Nov 2008, 18:36 »

Mine was a mix of that and something someone else mentioned earlier.

My girlfriend called me to dump me on Christmas Eve, her reasoning being a plan to leave for school in NY, which was news to me.

I eventually found out that was actually bullshit.

The second time was my own fucking fault, though, because I actually lacked the presence of mind to not date that particular individual a second time.
JON MADE ME GAY

andtakingnames

« Reply #115 on: 20 Nov 2008, 20:46 »

Never actually been in what you call a "relationship." Apparently there is something in my saliva that makes dudes go crazy after making out with me. They either inexplicably freeze me out orrrr weird me out with excessive clingyness. The second category belongs to my most recent encounter who forced me to act like a bitch. Drunken hookups, for me, never end well and this was no different. Sample conversations:

him: do you think you'll still like me in the morning when you're sober?
me: maybe?

him: hey do you like Dragonball Z?
me: you just killed my boner

him: aww don't leave
me: you'll get over it

(the next morning i was hungover and just wanted to get the hell out so I shook his hand real quick but he wouldn't let go)
me: don't be gay

him: we have so much in common! you are just like me
me: yeah except I have a vagina and you are one

I like it when guys like me, but don't be a total pussy about it.

PizzaSHARK

« Reply #116 on: 20 Nov 2008, 22:33 »

I figure the next time I need to break up with someone, I'm going to use a carrier pigeon.

I prefer explosives myself.  But coating a car in birdshit would certainly be up there...

I'm dating his best friend.

wow, you're a bitch

Standard rule about ex-dating-friend is, don't.  Even if he/she says it's cool.

His best friend's apparently not much of a friend :P
« Last Edit: 20 Nov 2008, 22:56 by PizzaSHARK »

PizzaSHARK

« Reply #117 on: 20 Nov 2008, 22:59 »

You'll be one of the rare ones if it lasts and doesn't take a turn for the bizarre a few years down the road :P

But hell, life's short so do what makes you happy, right?

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #118 on: 20 Nov 2008, 23:44 »

It's really not that rare. I know plenty of people who have done such things; I've done it myself. Car crash girl dated my best friend before I got together with her. The guy is still my best friend. I lived with him for nearly 2 years before he up and moved to Hawaii. I suspect the situation is often seen as impossible partly because the people who are capable of handling such a scenario succeed by not making a big deal about the situation. The people who cannot handle it, on the other hand, tend to be the sort that who can't keep from going ABLA BLA BLOO BLOO and making damn sure everyone who might care knows what happened.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

clockworkjames

• Grammar Nazi vs Illiterate Jew
« Reply #119 on: 20 Nov 2008, 23:54 »

That happened to me, my friend kinda rushed into a relationship with a girl he was friends with (Big group of friends) then he found out she had a massive crush on me or some shit and he happily told her to go for it and told me to go out with her too.

I didn't but in retrospect I should have, I was just being mean without wanting to be. About a year later she left the country though so is all good.
still new here, didn't wanna piss anyone off

ummmkay

• Curry sauce
« Reply #120 on: 20 Nov 2008, 23:56 »

re: friends and exes - I think the amount of time between relationships is an important factor, too. My best friend got together with my ex (first boyfriend, we were together well over 2 years) only a couple months after we went through a very, very bad breakup. She basically decided that banging him was more important than us staying friends, lots of drama, yada yada yada, haven't spoken to either of them in quite a while now. Probably the biggest reason it was so hard for me was just because it was so soon after our breakup and I wasn't over it yet.

All that to say, I think it's easier for people to handle that kind of situation after gaining some emotional distance from the situation - and for some that takes longer than others.

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #121 on: 21 Nov 2008, 00:35 »

Yeah, Christmas Day breakup guy - ended up dating one of our mutual friends. It was long enough after the fact for me to be sorta okay with it, and now, for me, after being in other relationships since, I couldn't care less. They are happy, I'm happy in my relationship - no problems. I still talk to both of them occasionally and it doesn't seem weird so all is good.

So yes, I totally think it is okay - but in some situations more than others. ummmkay's situation perhaps was a bit... ergh. Not cool. But I mean, if all parties are okay with it then it isn't really anyone else's place to chuck a hissy fit about it.
Quote from: Daniel on Gabbly
princy, this is the time to think with your vagina
Quote from: Iananan on Gabbly
nipples are deactivated at birth, to prevent misfires and accident

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #122 on: 21 Nov 2008, 02:21 »

I have never understood these "rules" about dating. I will hunt down and fuck whomever I damn well please, and if you are my ex and the individual in question happens to be your best friend, well, chances are I am not thinking of you! You want to talk about self-centeredness? That is the reason you would ever think that someone was dating your best friend "just to get back at you", and that is the reason you would ever think you have a say in someone else's choices about their life. I will "date" your best friend because I think they are hot, not because I am out to get you. If you and I have broken up, I am probably not interested in doing anything to do with you at all, and just because your best friend happens to be YOUR best friend does not make them an extension of you.
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #123 on: 21 Nov 2008, 03:12 »

Katie is doing it right. That is how all people should operate. My rules for dating are simple:

1. No incest
2. No animals
3. No Tommy (fucker gets enough play as it is)
4. If your relationship is monogamous, fucking keep it that way

They all seem pretty reasonable to me. I mean, I'm not going to be inconsiderate and just discount other people's feelings (unless they've been really shitty or unreasonable about things, at which point I don't care). But hell, as long as the other person is lucid and consenting, I say "Fuck it, fair game."

supersheep

• Scrabble hacker
  • you'll have to speak up, i'm a fish and lack ears
« Reply #124 on: 21 Nov 2008, 04:28 »

The whole thing about not dating your friend's ex is, for me anyways, more a matter of making them feel comfortable and ensuring there are no hurt feelings among people you're friends with. I mean, if I broke up with someone and a friend of mine wanted to go out with them, I would have no problem with it - I'd probably prefer it if they waited a week or two, but that's not really that much of an issue. If the girl broke up with me, and my mate wanted to go out with her, I'd hope that he'd consider my feelings enough to wait until I was cool with it, and expect some minor awkwardness/uncomfortable jokes.
If I broke up with someone and wanted to date their best friend, I'd probably wait a while - I don't want to hurt someone's friendships, even if it means delaying gratification for a while. If they broke up with me, though, I don't think they could complain if I went after their friend soon after though. Unless we were trying to stay friends or whatever.
DJ Weight Problem: if you think semantics isn't that important maybe you should just can dig four banana nine jenkins razor blade dinosaur

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #125 on: 21 Nov 2008, 06:07 »

if it were me, i'd probably ask them politely to keep their distance from me until i felt comfortable with the situation. otherwise there's no way i can work this out in my mind without the guy who wants his ex and best friend to stop dating ending up being the asshole. people can have consenting relationships with whoever they want and it's up to those who aren't okay with it to figure out how to be.

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #126 on: 21 Nov 2008, 06:20 »

I went out with my best friend's ex. Granted it didn't end up perfectly but we went out for over a year and a half and I am happy for the time we did have together. I mean, I made sure my friend (HOUSEMATE X for anyone who is interested) was ok with it before I made a move on the young lady because I didn't want his feelings to be hurt but yeah, I think it's ok as long as everyone is clear about what is happening.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #127 on: 21 Nov 2008, 06:28 »

i think it's the part where it comes to making sure the person who's ex you're dating is "okay with it" that is a weird area for me. if not being "okay with it" meant that seeing us together is kind of hard for them right now and so maybe we should try not to talk about the relationship too much and try to keep our distance from them and maybe be extra-sensitive, that would be totally understandable (among best friends i don't see why not). if, however, not being "okay with it" meant "no man i really don't want you to date her that is bullshit" i'd honestly probably think "well fuck you guy" and go for it anyway. i'll be sensitive to your feelings but i am not okay with this whole notion that people can tell their friends what relationships they can or can't be in or act like their exes are their property. maybe that last bit is me reading into this too much but it's kind of how i view it.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #128 on: 21 Nov 2008, 07:29 »

Whether it's cool to date a friend's ex is a sticky thing and depends on a fuckton of variables. I'm tempted to make a flow chart.

I'm going to list the basic details of what happened in my situation. The basic conclusion to sum it up beforehand is: everyone did everything about as absolutely wrong as it could be done short of all of us killing each other in the end:

I was dating my first serious girlfriend for just shy of a year. A week shy of our anniversary, she dumped me out of nowhere. She'd been acting cold for a while and I should've seen it coming, but I didn't.

We got back together a couple days later and continued to date for another three months before she cheated on me and broke up with me. In the meantime, my best friend Kenny had dated her best friend Stef, fallen madly for her and then she dumped him because he was getting too clingy.

After my breakup, Stef was the one who told me my ex had been cheating on me. She also told me that said ex had slept with Kenny during the prior breakup. Kenny apparently convinced her to break up with me and sleep with him, then AFTER the act, got cold feet and told her he would fuck her, but not date her because he wasn't sure how it'd affect our friendship.

Stef started making advances towards me and I eventually went with it. I wasn't attracted to her and I really didn't like her in much of any way. I will fully admit that I was dating her purely out of spite towards my ex and my friend. I've never felt any guilt towards this as I'm full out certain she knew this, as I'd like to think it's obvious that she only told me everything in an effort to get in my pants. It apparently had a huge affect on the ex, though I'm not sure to this day how my friend felt. Right after I found out, I confronted him and told him to stay the hell away from me. I haven't actually seen him since.

The moral of the story, I guess, is you need to be careful with shit like this. It can destroy friendships and, whether you care about the ex's feelings or not, there could be someone in the situation who does care. I still talk to Stef from time to time, as it was an emotionless fling. I haven't talked to my ex in a while, more out of apathy than actual distaste, we actually got to be decent friends for a little while. Kenny, I haven't seen since the whole mess. After about three years, I went to his dad's house in an effort to get in touch with him. His dad was quite happy to see me, but Kenny had joined the army and outside of one brief phone conversation in 2005, I haven't talked to him at all since 2002. I was hurt by what she did to me, a lot, but his involvement killed me inside for a long while. We'd been friends since we were nine and we'd actually met as infants. Nine years of friendship was basically flushed down the shitter by four teenagers handling an idiotic situation about as poorly as possible.

My basic point is that if you have a shot at your friend's ex: don't. There are so many billions of people in the world, you're best off not risking fucking up a valued friendship for the sake of getting laid.
JON MADE ME GAY

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #129 on: 21 Nov 2008, 08:36 »

ah see, i was thinking more along the lines of when you think there's really a very good chance of the relationship working out but then you're sort of forced to abandon it because they are your friend's ex and there are rules and etc etc. you are right though, it all depends on a lot of different variables and grey areas.

andtakingnames

« Reply #130 on: 21 Nov 2008, 09:31 »

Katie is doing it right. That is how all people should operate. My rules for dating are simple:

1. No incest
2. No animals

They all seem pretty reasonable to me. I mean, I'm not going to be inconsiderate and just discount other people's feelings (unless they've been really shitty or unreasonable about things, at which point I don't care). But hell, as long as the other person is lucid and consenting, I say "Fuck it, fair game."

lucid and consenting are the top 2 things I look for in a guy

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #131 on: 21 Nov 2008, 12:03 »

I am sig quoting the shit out of that.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #132 on: 21 Nov 2008, 12:34 »

Kenny apparently convinced her to break up with me and sleep with him, then AFTER the act, got cold feet and told her he would fuck her, but not date her because he wasn't sure how it'd affect our friendship.
Wow this guy's smart.

Quote from: Patrick
1. No incest
2. No animals
5. No abuse / exploitation
« Last Edit: 21 Nov 2008, 12:39 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

andtakingnames

« Reply #133 on: 21 Nov 2008, 13:57 »

I am sig quoting the shit out of that.

yay! i feel so so honored

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #134 on: 21 Nov 2008, 14:40 »

I feel like this was not random placement.

Man, you know I couldn't actually think of something that funny by myself. The humor I actually consciously come up with is usually only as elaborate as "cocks cocks cocks."

Also, KvP, I figured your rule #5 is just a general rule of thumb for life in general, so I omitted it from my list. Works for me, though.

Siibillam-Law

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Ha Ha Fucking Ha
    • Siibillam's Storywrite
« Reply #135 on: 21 Nov 2008, 16:01 »

I've never been dumped before, which is annoying cos I gotta do it all myself.

I had a cup of tea thrown at me once by a girlfriend, and nearly got dumped then and there, but then oh how I retaliated and quoted something amazing by Oscar Wilde (probably not the best when it comes to relationships, all things considered) and the relationship stayed stable for a while (by that, I mean about two hours or so, and when I got home I rang her up and broke up with her, because I didn't want to risk getting scolding water thrown at me again)

Good times
There is no sin except stupidity

Skibas_clavicle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Mo' money, mo' problem.
« Reply #136 on: 21 Nov 2008, 16:13 »

At least it wasn't "I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
That's a whole 'nother story, my friend.
I like the way you work it.

RallyMonkey

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #137 on: 21 Nov 2008, 23:20 »

My last ex-girlfriend, after I had been dating her for around 8 months or so, woke me up with a text message around 4 o' clock in the morning. I found this odd, because we had never really texted each other before, but I figured she had some reason for texting instead of calling. She was depressed about something that I can not remember now, and I was attempting to console her for about 30 minutes. By that time the conversation had strayed to much happier topics, and suddenly I got a text saying she was breaking up with me.

The next morning, I went over to her house, and we watched a straight-to-video movie starring a lot of Ewoks, made out, and I went home. That Monday at school, she stopped talking to me.

I really don't know what happened with that one. She never gave me an explanation as to why we broke up. Yet, less than 8 months later, at the age of 17, she married a 25-year-old guy who had a 7-year-old son. Now, having just turned 18, she is pregnant with a child of her own. Though I find this odd, she seems pretty happy, so I am happy for her.

BrilliantEraser

• The German Chancellory building
  • We're kings among runaways
    • Brilliant Eraser Productions
« Reply #138 on: 23 Nov 2008, 12:07 »

This happened to a friend of mine. I have never had a funny break-up story, so I am stealing hers.

Her: My aunt has thyroid cancer. They are going to have to do a thyroidectomy.
Him: Will she be able to walk?
Her: Um?
Him: 'Cuz, the thyroid, that's like, on the leg, right?
Her: I'm leaving you.
Quote from: Khar
*bloop bloop bloop*

clockworkjames

• Grammar Nazi vs Illiterate Jew
« Reply #139 on: 23 Nov 2008, 13:20 »

I really don't know what happened with that one. She never gave me an explanation as to why we broke up. Yet, less than 8 months later, at the age of 17, she married a 25-year-old guy who had a 7-year-old son. Now, having just turned 18, she is pregnant with a child of her own. Though I find this odd, she seems pretty happy, so I am happy for her.

I have a story similar to this one, and all I can look back and think is "Wow, dodged a bullet there".
still new here, didn't wanna piss anyone off

Orbert

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #140 on: 24 Nov 2008, 09:27 »

I've had some weird breakups, which is only fair since I've had some weird girlfriends, but I just don't understand when people say "...and I never found out why". 

In some of these stories, the breakup occurred, they even saw the person after that, made out, continued being friends, whatever, and finding out why they broke up never come up in conversation?  And if you're still fucking each other, did you really officially break up?
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #141 on: 24 Nov 2008, 09:45 »

Oh god friends with benefits is such a bad call.
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #142 on: 24 Nov 2008, 10:32 »

I completely disagree. Friends with benefits can be an excellent break from responsibility, especially if you're recently off of a serious relationship.

Nothing wrong with two people accepting they have biological needs but having no desire to delude themselves into thinking they genuinely care about each other much beyond that. As long as both people know the deal, I find it perfectly acceptable.
JON MADE ME GAY

Ballard

• Older than Moses
« Reply #143 on: 24 Nov 2008, 10:35 »

I should clear up. I meant becoming friends with benefits with the person you've just broken up with. It was kind of implied because of the above posts but I wasn't clear enough.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #144 on: 24 Nov 2008, 10:42 »

Okay, yeah, that's generally disastrous because you will almost always see one of the people become reattached and lead to drama.

I actually did it once. It was fun for a little while, but then she started talking about maybe someday becoming serious again and after much thought I remembered why that would be a terrible idea. Didn't stop me from continuing on, though. Eventually, I broke it off after she slept with another dude and I felt some jealousy over it. Note, I didn't dump her because she slept with another dude, as that was never established as out of bounds. I dumped her because I knew that if I felt jealous, the smart thing to do was probably to stop doing what I was doing. I also explained this thoroughly to her. She was hurt, quite badly it seemed, but it was for the best.
JON MADE ME GAY

Ballard

• Older than Moses
« Reply #145 on: 24 Nov 2008, 10:58 »

My last girlfriend and I tried that. I stopped it pretty soon because it was clear that she was trying to get me back by any means necessary, despite my being upfront with her that we are never getting back together. During the process I used that as an excuse but I've since realized that common sense doesn't apply to a party scorned.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #146 on: 24 Nov 2008, 11:49 »

It's too bad common sense doesn't really override feelings completely. I guess the metaphor I would use is that a failing relationship is a lot like having a fish hook stuck deep in your finger. Pulling the thing out is pretty bad, but you still need to get the damned thing out so you can move on with the rest of your day. Knowing this lets you steel your resolve, but it doesn't really make it hurt any less.
« Last Edit: 24 Nov 2008, 11:51 by Alex C »
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

BrilliantEraser

« Reply #147 on: 24 Nov 2008, 12:50 »

It's too bad common sense doesn't really override feelings completely. I guess the metaphor I would use is that a failing relationship is a lot like having a fish hook stuck deep in your finger. Pulling the thing out is pretty bad, but you still need to get the damned thing out so you can move on with the rest of your day. Knowing this lets you steel your resolve, but it doesn't really make it hurt any less.

Good way of putting it. Funny story: my brother did get a fish hook stuck in his leg -- the guys he was with pulled it out, cleaned it off, and mounted it on a piece of wood. Then they wrote on it, "FISH HOOK AWARD: CHRIS" and gave it back to him as a gift.
*bloop bloop bloop*

schimmy

• The Tickler
« Reply #148 on: 24 Nov 2008, 13:41 »

I have a friend who got a fish hook stuck in his head on a tiny Scottish island. His uncle poured vodka on it and tried to pull it out. That did not work. They went to the island's nurse who tried to pull it out, but could not. In the end they had to cut it out with a razor blade.
The fish hook now resides in a small jar that he keeps in his pocket at all times.
« Last Edit: 24 Nov 2008, 13:46 by schimmy »

BrilliantEraser

« Reply #149 on: 24 Nov 2008, 13:44 »

I have a friend who got a fish hook stuck in his head on a tiny Scottish island. His poured vodka on it and tried to pull it out. That did not work. They went to the island's nurse who tried to pull it out, but could not. In the end they had to cut it out with a razor blade.
The fish hook now resides in a small jar that he keeps in his pocket at all times.

Great conversation starter, right there.
*bloop bloop bloop*
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up