THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 24 Apr 2024, 09:25
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Archives  (Read 4405 times)

aliquidcure

Archives
« on: 20 Nov 2008, 05:39 »

Does anyone else read through the arcvhives every so often and find they enjoy QC even more for it? If nothing else, seeing how much the art's improved and how the story's developed makes me want to keep checking up on what's happened all the more :)

alc.

Siibillam-Law

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Ha Ha Fucking Ha
    • Siibillam's Storywrite
Re: Archives
« Reply #1 on: 20 Nov 2008, 10:46 »

i occasionally hit the random button, cos it's not like I don't know the story behind it all. It's interesting to read odd bits in the QC timelines (which isn't all that much time all things considered. A year, i'd say, but there's a whole thread for that)
There is no sin except stupidity

GreyGabe

• Plantmonster
  • Probably not dead.
« Reply #2 on: 20 Nov 2008, 10:53 »

Every once in a while it's fun to do, yes. You can take a while to remind yourself of how something happened, or how certain characters were introduced. Sometimes I even stumble across something I don't remember, which is always fun.

GenericName

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Noooooooo
    • DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: 20 Nov 2008, 15:10 »

Last year I would just start over from comic 1 every month or so, but either I've stopped being that into QC or I just don't have time anymore. Probably both.
Sometimes I see a terrible post so I click and look back at every post that person has ever made. That is why I never have time to actually post things.

Siibillam-Law

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Ha Ha Fucking Ha
    • Siibillam's Storywrite
« Reply #4 on: 20 Nov 2008, 16:08 »

I tried reading QC from the beginning the other day, and couldn't really do it. I'm still into QC like I was when I first started it (maybe more now that I've started on the forums and stuff) but I think it's reading all 1000+ comics that does it...
There is no sin except stupidity

BrilliantEraser

• The German Chancellory building
  • We're kings among runaways
    • Brilliant Eraser Productions
« Reply #5 on: 22 Nov 2008, 14:36 »

Every so often, I re-read the entire QC storyline. Looking at the way the art and the characters have evolved is really fun.
Quote from: Khar
*bloop bloop bloop*

Usopp

« Reply #6 on: 24 Nov 2008, 07:57 »

Did a complete archive binge of the comic for the first time, and i'm rereading the whole thing. 1200+ comics is a lot tho :P

psion

« Reply #7 on: 29 Nov 2008, 23:49 »

I only found out about this comic last week.  So I went back and started reading the back archives.  I devoured them in about four days.

Coffee_Kaioken

• Furry furrier
« Reply #8 on: 28 Dec 2008, 16:57 »

I only found out about this comic last week.  So I went back and started reading the back archives.  I devoured them in about four days.

That was how I was the first time I even got started on it.

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #9 on: 28 Dec 2008, 17:53 »

Me, a weekend, QC, and Girl Genius.  That was one hell of a weekend.

Aurjay

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #10 on: 28 Dec 2008, 18:17 »

I tried to go thru the archives and read them all over again. I got to about 100 in a night and then called it quits. Probably will read them over a longer period of time then when I first discovered QC. That was about a 4day binge which seems to be about the norm.
Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open.

psion

« Reply #11 on: 28 Dec 2008, 20:31 »

Whenever someone posts a link to a comic, I find myself reading through the storyline for that particular comic.  It helps me waste the time I could be spending drunk.
Pages: [1]   Go Up