THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 13:26
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Faye is curvy  (Read 64606 times)

Professor Snuggles

• Only pretending to work
Re: Faye is curvy
« Reply #100 on: 28 Jan 2009, 15:02 »

It's the internet, dude.

Plus, the best reason to idealize a "curvy" character is because she makes you feel better about your own fattness. Even though she's really fairly normal looking, maybe a little squishy, the fact that she is a fat chick in the world of the comic makes all the girls who eat their feelings find her hella relateable.

Trust me.

Fatties.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #101 on: 29 Jan 2009, 04:12 »

The man posting above me speaks the truth. Honestly, she doesn't look much curvy, everyone else looks pretty skinny compared to her.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

HappyGrar

• Plantmonster
  • Vulcan Boob Squish'd
« Reply #102 on: 29 Jan 2009, 16:32 »

As for body image...I'll just put it out there that I didn't consider myself fat at all, even since I stopped swimming, until I got to college. Has anyone on this forum ever BEEN to Arizona State? This place is Stepford if I ever saw it. A bunch of frickin' creepy-ass size-zero clones. *shudder* And that's not to bash on SayWhat, above, because your weight is a natural thing that you can't help in the least. Theirs, I presume, is the result of a diet that consists entirely of Red Bull, cocaine, and petty bitching.  :-P

What the hell? The entire point of diets, and half of the health industry is based on the fact that you CAN HELP YOUR WEIGHT. Even people who are skinny and tiny, if they eat a highcarb diet and go to the fitness to work this up into muscle can gain weight. And if you weigh too much it's nothing exercise and a decent diet cant help. Why else would people with the obesity gene (not the trait, but the real gene) be able to stay among the skinnier of the fatter people? If not by working out and eating healthy they can manage their weight (even though they have a disease that makes them fatter).

and if you have a BMI of 29 just because of your muscle mass, you aint no swimmer you're a friggin bodybuilder, lay of the steroids.

I didn't say it was all because of my muscle mass. The actual figure I got was 28.8, and I took the liberty of rounding up to 29. This was a couple years ago, and I actually had more bone mass in those days, which has since declined due to an extreme estrogen deficiency caused by a hormone-secreting brain tumor.  :laugh: Thanks for reminding me! Anyhow, I was overall larger then. I have slightly less fat now than I did then, but I also had way more muscle then and somewhat more bone mass. Thus, no 'roids.

And I was making the point that SayWhat has tried eating, tried everything, and can't gain weight. There's no reason for her to go about stuffing herself just to do so, since her doctor says she's fine. I wouldn't point to the popularity of diets as an indicator that one can "change". I'm with you on the morbidly obese, but some people are just skinny and shouldn't have to stuff themselves.

Did I just rant? I think I did. I'm sorry, internets. I'm sorry for ranting.

Oh, and more to the topic at hand, Faye's physique seems to change a bit over time. Normally, though, she looks just fairly curvy-ish. Not particularly chubby, or at least not to the point that she shouldn't visit an elephant seal colony during mating season.
« Last Edit: 29 Jan 2009, 16:37 by HappyGrar »

JonSnow

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #103 on: 30 Jan 2009, 00:00 »

As for body image...I'll just put it out there that I didn't consider myself fat at all, even since I stopped swimming, until I got to college. Has anyone on this forum ever BEEN to Arizona State? This place is Stepford if I ever saw it. A bunch of frickin' creepy-ass size-zero clones. *shudder* And that's not to bash on SayWhat, above, because your weight is a natural thing that you can't help in the least. Theirs, I presume, is the result of a diet that consists entirely of Red Bull, cocaine, and petty bitching.  :-P

What the hell? The entire point of diets, and half of the health industry is based on the fact that you CAN HELP YOUR WEIGHT. Even people who are skinny and tiny, if they eat a highcarb diet and go to the fitness to work this up into muscle can gain weight. And if you weigh too much it's nothing exercise and a decent diet cant help. Why else would people with the obesity gene (not the trait, but the real gene) be able to stay among the skinnier of the fatter people? If not by working out and eating healthy they can manage their weight (even though they have a disease that makes them fatter).

and if you have a BMI of 29 just because of your muscle mass, you aint no swimmer you're a friggin bodybuilder, lay of the steroids.

I didn't say it was all because of my muscle mass. The actual figure I got was 28.8, and I took the liberty of rounding up to 29. This was a couple years ago, and I actually had more bone mass in those days, which has since declined due to an extreme estrogen deficiency caused by a hormone-secreting brain tumor.  :laugh: Thanks for reminding me! Anyhow, I was overall larger then. I have slightly less fat now than I did then, but I also had way more muscle then and somewhat more bone mass. Thus, no 'roids.

And I was making the point that SayWhat has tried eating, tried everything, and can't gain weight. There's no reason for her to go about stuffing herself just to do so, since her doctor says she's fine. I wouldn't point to the popularity of diets as an indicator that one can "change". I'm with you on the morbidly obese, but some people are just skinny and shouldn't have to stuff themselves.

Did I just rant? I think I did. I'm sorry, internets. I'm sorry for ranting.

Oh, and more to the topic at hand, Faye's physique seems to change a bit over time. Normally, though, she looks just fairly curvy-ish. Not particularly chubby, or at least not to the point that she shouldn't visit an elephant seal colony during mating season.

By getting a high-carb/high-protein diet and a lot of time in the gym you will create muscle mass. The only reason this wouldnt work is a complete lack of bodily functions that turn energy into fat and visa versa. SayWhat will never be chubby even if she follows this for years, but I'm quite sure she can gain enough wait and still not be required to overly stuff her face.

and if faye goes to an elephant seal colony I think she'd get mauled by the other females before getting some

SayWhat

« Reply #104 on: 30 Jan 2009, 15:07 »

Apparently, I'll get chubby when I hit about 35 or so. *shrug*

I do some light working out, as much as my doctor tells me is alright (blah blah insert lame medical condition here). My issue though, is that I don't want muscle weight, I want curves. Squishy squish woman curves.
I want them. And by god, I will get them one day.

Till then, I walk/jog and lift light weights. I also like to hike and kayak. Kayaking is fun. So is swimming. So I'm skinny, but doc says I'm otherwise healthy and it isn't 'completely necessary' for me to gain 20 lbs, though he'd like to see me with, as he says "more body fat."

:oops: My goal weight is 115-120 lbs, being curvy, not muscle. I'm toned enough, I just want some squishy curves to go with it.
Squishsquishsquish.

DrakeSD

« Reply #105 on: 31 Jan 2009, 20:19 »

At 6' 3" and 235 lbs, I qualify as a "Big Dude." And while I have some fat, its not so much that I can't suck it in when I want to. I've got a lot of muscle, some of which is from swimming, the rest just sort of appeared out of nowhere. I don't work out much outside of swimming, but I can weight lift with the football team if I want too. My BMI comes out to 29.4, but I bet I can beat most of you in the pool, so I can't be that overweight.

Rocketman

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • A little bitter.
« Reply #106 on: 31 Jan 2009, 22:02 »

At 6' 3" and 235 lbs, I qualify as a "Big Dude."

You qualify as a "Brick Shithouse".

Nodaisho

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #107 on: 01 Feb 2009, 00:19 »

The man posting above me speaks the truth. Honestly, she doesn't look much curvy, everyone else looks pretty skinny compared to her.
The man posting above him is a dick, but you get used to it. Don't take him seriously.

My father falls in the group of people that BMI says should be having a heart attack right now, but he really isn't in that bad shape. He is somewhat overweight, but he also was a defensive lineman playing football (american) in highschool, has worked manual labor all his life, does tai chi, and works 12+ hour days regularly.

I used to be considered just barely underweight by BMI, I was around 5'10"-6' and was 130-140 pounds. I've finally added some weight, though not as much of it as I would like is muscle. I never had any health issues at all (I usually fought off any illnesses longer than most people, still do), I just wasn't gaining weight as I grew. Now, I eat between 1000 and 1500 calories a day, usually in a couple small meals, and a few snacks, which aren't much smaller in amounts of calories than the meals. I'm just not hungry other than that, I've finally gotten over the always hungry state I was in for a while. I'm also very very inactive, though oddly enough, I have more endurance than I did when I used to go hiking just about every week.

My friend is noticeably stocky, she is probably 5'6" or so, and I don't know her weight (it isn't polite to inquire as to a lady's weight, but I just don't care to ask). She has been a bit stocky for a while, but it has gotten more noticeable in the past few years. She is pretty much the opposite of me, except for that she eats pretty frequently as well. She is extremely active, she swims, she bikes, she plays soccer, but she doesn't lose weight. She is in far better shape than me, but she doesn't look it in the least. I think for her, it is the genes, she is just built wider or something. Come to think of it, in her case, her constant exercise might be hurting her appearance more than helping. Female swimmers tend to have shoulders and upper arms like hers, they look fat, but aren't at all.

I have to say I like the skinnier look more, not the anorexic, just the athletic. Not quite to the point of Linda Hamilton in T2, but in that area.
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

JonSnow

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #108 on: 01 Feb 2009, 01:11 »

At 6' 3" and 235 lbs, I qualify as a "Big Dude." And while I have some fat, its not so much that I can't suck it in when I want to. I've got a lot of muscle, some of which is from swimming, the rest just sort of appeared out of nowhere. I don't work out much outside of swimming, but I can weight lift with the football team if I want too. My BMI comes out to 29.4, but I bet I can beat most of you in the pool, so I can't be that overweight.

maybe you just have heavy bones?

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #109 on: 01 Feb 2009, 04:11 »

There are people posting in this thread defending curvy girls.
Curvy is the nicer way of saying that she is fat
People posting in this thread like fat chicks.
Only fat people like fat chicks.
The people postin in this thread defending the look of faye are fat.

Really I'm just shitting it up because this isn't even a discussion about the comic character anymore.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

misticloudz

• Not quite a lurker
  • nom nom nom
    • My very own website!! Durrr...
« Reply #110 on: 01 Feb 2009, 11:15 »

I'm the one who has to spend 6 hours shopping to find two pairs of freaking jeans.
Granted, it'd be easier to find jeans if I were shorter, but oh well.

Man. I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum from you but I feel your pain.  I don't care much for BMI measurements, but sizewise I'm a 43-33-46 (chest-waist-hips) and just shy of 5'5".  I'm in a limbo zone between petites and regular length, because the petites are just too short, and the regulars are just too long.  So I either have to wear heels (which I have issues walking in :P) or hem every single pair of pants that I buy (or walk on the hems and tear them to shreds like usually ends up happening).  So that, added to the fact that it's nearly impossible to find a pair of jeans that will comfortably fit my hips/thighs that doesn't have an extremely low wasit or gapes at the back and shows off my lovely skivvies. 

I think it's ridiculous that pretty much all of mainstream fashion is directed towards the 5'6" 120lb type, yet it always seems to be the larger sizes that sell out the quickest.  Some people never learn...

I've been seriously considering just making my own clothes just for this reason..
dude.. wait, what?

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #111 on: 01 Feb 2009, 11:54 »

But "height squared" is a meaningless quantity and thus so is any ratio based on it.
Height is correlated with width. Height times width equals area. Weight per area increases as people get thicker. So weight per height squared is not meaningless, just approximate and irretrievably flawed.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

emmaleigh

« Reply #112 on: 01 Feb 2009, 12:10 »

I'm the one who has to spend 6 hours shopping to find two pairs of freaking jeans.
I think it's ridiculous that pretty much all of mainstream fashion is directed towards the 5'6" 120lb type, yet it always seems to be the larger sizes that sell out the quickest.  Some people never learn...

Yes! And you know, I am pretty sure it takes ALL girls/women six hours to find jeans.

And to everyone saying fat is unhealthy, you do know there is a difference between being fat and being unhealthy, yes? Skinny people can be horribly out of shape and supposed-fat people can be incredibly in shape! They are different. For example I am typically referred to as "normal" (I am 5'9" and my weight fluctuates ridiculously between about 150 and 170 for no valid reason), and I am cool with my weight! But I am the most out of shape person I know. This is because of back problems I have right now that prevent any exercise, but after having surgery in March that should all change... blah blah blah... anyway, I "look" the part but am way unhealthy! So all those numbers are just really very silly to argue about. People are people.

SayWhat

« Reply #113 on: 02 Feb 2009, 10:51 »

Man. I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum from you but I feel your pain.  I don't care much for BMI measurements, but sizewise I'm a 43-33-46 (chest-waist-hips) and just shy of 5'5".  I'm in a limbo zone between petites and regular length, because the petites are just too short, and the regulars are just too long.  So I either have to wear heels (which I have issues walking in :P) or hem every single pair of pants that I buy (or walk on the hems and tear them to shreds like usually ends up happening).  So that, added to the fact that it's nearly impossible to find a pair of jeans that will comfortably fit my hips/thighs that doesn't have an extremely low wasit or gapes at the back and shows off my lovely skivvies. 

I've been seriously considering just making my own clothes just for this reason..

If I could sew without attaching myself to the clothing, that would be awesome. I'd be making my own damn prom dress, for one, instead of buying it and then paying to get it altered.
I thought I was one of the only girls who had issues walking in heels. I'm so ungraceful at it. Lol.

What really aggravated me was that for our senior hoodies, I had a choice of Huge, freaking huge, and fucking tent for the sizes. The small was ginormous, and there was no x-small.
But there's a XXX-L. Wtf.

Emmaleigh makes a really good point. Since an 18.5 is considered 'underweight' and below that, I'm supposedly way unhealthy and probably bulimic/anorexic. However I'm fairly active and eat often and mostly balanced (I could use more vegetables, I guess) meals. Granted I don't have as much muscle weight as I could but that's because a) I'm not really interested in muscle weight and b)strenuous physical activity that would really build up muscle mass is out of the question.  But I'm not going to die of heart failure anytime soon.

Catbus

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #114 on: 05 Feb 2009, 04:31 »

There are people posting in this thread defending curvy girls.
Curvy is the nicer way of saying that she is fat

1. "Curvy," in my book, means "hourglass." Being 5-foot-6 and weighing 160 pounds doesn't make you "curvy." Being 5-foot-6, weighing 160 pounds and having a 28-inch waist above your 40-inch hips makes you "curvy." If you have an apple-shaped or rectangular build, you're not "curvy."

Faye is absolutely curvy, though I can't vouch for the other posters who claim that they are.

2. BMI is broken because, for similar body type and build, body mass varies by cube of height, not by square of height. For a better indicator, divide weight in pounds by cube of height in feet. The healthiest wt/ht3 for an adult woman is between 0.75 and 0.85, for an adult man between 0.8 and 0.9. If your wt/ht3 is above 1 (woman) or 1.05 (man), you need very much to lose weight.

Unfortunately, while the media idealize a healthy weight in men, the "visual ideal" for women is wt/ht3 of 0.65 to 0.7.

Dora and Hannelore look to have a wt/ht3 of about 0.6, Penelope about 0.7. Faye, I'd guess to be around 0.9, maybe 0.95.
« Last Edit: 05 Feb 2009, 14:38 by Catbus »

MrMonk

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #115 on: 05 Feb 2009, 06:06 »

What are the units of measure?
If you don't hear from me again, expect the worse.  Long live the Batman.

Random832

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #116 on: 05 Feb 2009, 08:53 »

What are the units of measure?

The units in Catbus's proposed version are lb/ft^3 (≈ 16 kg/m^3) - but keep in mind this isn't density - it would be density if you weighed the same but were shaped like a cube 6ish feet on each side.

Catbus

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #117 on: 05 Feb 2009, 14:40 »

Which reminds me: Muscle is denser than fat, so if you have a very low body fat percentage, your wt/ht3 will be higher than it would be for a more sedentary person with a similar build.

KeepACoolin

• Furry furrier
« Reply #118 on: 05 Feb 2009, 18:10 »

If your BMI (weight in kg/ (length in meters x length in meters) )is higher then 25 though you have a problem, and should really go consult a dietist, if you're topping 30 you're expected to not live another 10years without medical help required.

BMI is among the worst measures of health in the world.  I am an eighteen year old male.  I am six feet two, two hundred and fifty four pounds.  This makes my BMI somewhere in the range of 31-32.  I can bench press 275 pounds and, despite being "obese" according to BMI, I can still run three eight-minute miles consecutively.  I have some love handles and slight manboobs, but I am not obese.  BMI was designed long before modern nutrition and weight training were discovered or used extensively.  The only real accurate measure of health in this sense is body fat percentage.
Keep a coolin' baby.

lily-kiernan

« Reply #119 on: 05 Feb 2009, 20:51 »

S: I've never understood it. How does me being twiggy bother other people so much, to the point where they insult me over it? I'm the one who has to spend 6 hours shopping to find two pairs of freaking jeans.

I think we have the same problem. But I'm about 5 foot one and chubby. Haha.
My dad married my mom mostly because she could pack away food. She was a skinny little thing, too.

lily-kiernan

« Reply #120 on: 05 Feb 2009, 20:55 »

Most of my female-friends are like Faye* in appearance, (and one including temperment). I myself dislike (the appearance) of overly-skinny women (who do that to themselves on purpose, not meaning people who can't help it) As a matter of a fact, two of my skinny friends hate being that, and no matter what they eat, they will never become as fat as Faye, just because of biological disorders. People call them Anemic, when they aren't.

Anemic, they probably are. Anorexic, maybe not. Anemia is SO under-diagnosed. I'm terribly anemic. Boo for vegetarianism. Haha.

TheDozarian

• Emoticontraindication
  • I am Dozer the Dozarian... bring me marshmelons...
    • I'm old but I have a myspace...
« Reply #121 on: 06 Feb 2009, 13:23 »

Wow... this turned into a discussion of mathematics and biology.  I thought I left that shit behind in high school and then college. 

The best indicator for whether you are fat, curvy, skinny, or whatever is how you look and feel.  If you look in the mirror and feel like you look good, you have no health issues, then you are what you are.  There's nothing wrong with it. 

If not, then work on it.  You are who you are.  No one else can make you feel good about you.  No number is going to fix it for you.  Learn to appreciate yourself for who you and get on with your life.  Say What has had a few good posts on here and maybe that's a good indication of what people should shoot for.  Have an idea about where you want to be and be happy about where you are on your journey to that point...
It is what it is... But if I kill it, then is is dead?  So if dead is is, is it dead?

Rocketman

• A little bitter.
« Reply #122 on: 06 Feb 2009, 15:50 »

tiiiiiiits

SayWhat

« Reply #123 on: 06 Feb 2009, 16:08 »

Most of my female-friends are like Faye* in appearance, (and one including temperment). I myself dislike (the appearance) of overly-skinny women (who do that to themselves on purpose, not meaning people who can't help it) As a matter of a fact, two of my skinny friends hate being that, and no matter what they eat, they will never become as fat as Faye, just because of biological disorders. People call them Anemic, when they aren't.

Anemic, they probably are. Anorexic, maybe not. Anemia is SO under-diagnosed. I'm terribly anemic. Boo for vegetarianism. Haha.

Doc did say anemia was a possibility, but that he wasn't too worried about it. Just ragged on me to get plenty of protein and eat healthy.

Hammy

« Reply #124 on: 06 Feb 2009, 16:26 »

His statement implies fat people are bitchy more often than other people, which isn't true - they just have one more thing to bitch about.

having an extra reason to bitch, doesnt mean you have to, especially if the only person you should be bitching too is yourself. People are being a hypocrit if they say they're obese or anorexic cause of the media. If the media told us to shoot ourselves, would 80% of the anorexics commit suicide? You still decide on your own, people always cling to the I'm sick card to avoid dealing with their problems on their own. I never saw media make someone skinny.

My area of research is the eating disorders. No one with any real etiologic knowledge of EDs would ever claim the media cause them. It's a (relatively small) part of their development, absolutely, but no one would call it a direct causal factor. The introduction of TV to a remote area of Fiji did cause a spike in bulimia with young females saying that they wanted to look like the girls they saw on TV; it DOES contribute somewhat. The "I'm sick card" is a real one--they really are quite sick. Reading between the lines here, I feel as though the implication is that this is something they flippantly choose to do to themselves. But that is not the case at all. The EDs follow the same developmental course as most other psychological disorders: diathesis & stress. A combination of factors that are biological (neurological, i.e. within the ventromedial hypothalamus & substantia nigra; chemical, i.e. 5-HT levels; genetic), environmental (i.e. the "anorexogenic" family; traumatic incidents), personal (i.e. lack of other coping strategies), AND cultural (i.e. very skinny people on TV) in nature "cause" the disorders.

If you like, I could recommend to you some good research-based books on the subject that might help deepen your understanding of these illnesses.

laizeohbeets

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #125 on: 09 Feb 2009, 07:35 »

You know, when people say they like "curvy" women, I gotta agree with Catbus. They want hourglass. I'm on the slim side, but I have boobs and hips. This makes me curvy, but I am, by no means, remotely apple-shaped. I've been told by many people that I have a desirable body shape. I went through a period of time when I was tiny, due to a medication I was on. Could not gain weight. I looked so unhealthy, especially in the face. Now, I'm still tiny, but I have meat on my bones where I should, and I'm constantly complimented on my weight. I was a similar weight/shape in 11th grade, and I was about a 4-6 then. They've definitely vanity sized in 8 years, as my 4s and 6s still fit!

I have to agree with people that are tiny having a difficulty finding pants. I'm ~ US size 2 (It should be noted I'm 5'2 1/2, and am well within my weight range), but I have long legs, so I can't wear petites. Add in that I do, in fact, have a butt and hips, it makes it increasingly difficult to find pants. Trust me, they rarely make "curvy" jeans in a size 2. I cannot find things in normal department stores that fit me, however.

Faye's a lucky one, because she has the boobs and the butt most people want. I wouldn't call her body type overweight at all, because she doesn't look pudgy. If she was real, I bet she would have a heck of a time finding pants that fit her, though!

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #126 on: 09 Feb 2009, 15:32 »

Y'know, I've never encountered a girl that said, "Yeah, I went into the store, saw [article of clothing] that I liked, tried it on, and it fit perfectly.

Frankly, women are a delight of infinite variety and they should stage a violent revolution to bring back the career of "tailor", an individual who makes clothes to custom fit.

Why?  Because women spend too much time complaining about how if they find clothes that fit they're legs, they're too wide in the hips/that fit their hips they're too long in the leg/fit their boobs but have arms meant for an orangutan/can only wear moo moos because Ralph Lauren is a dumbass.  Women should be free to complain about their boyfriends, god-dammit!

TheHappyBerry

• Plantmonster
« Reply #127 on: 09 Feb 2009, 22:11 »

Why?  Because women spend too much time complaining about how if they find clothes that fit they're legs, they're too wide in the hips/that fit their hips they're too long in the leg/fit their boobs but have arms meant for an orangutan/can only wear moo moos because Ralph Lauren is a dumbass.  Women should be free to complain about their boyfriends, god-dammit!

My pants fit my waist, but they won't fit my hips, or they are too darn short.  I maybe 5'7", but my legs are longer than most 6' plus people I know.  But, apparently, if you have long legs, you must also either be fat or really skinnny....none of that in the middle.  Don't even get me started on shirts.  My good old 36-C/D's (they are right on the cusp depending on current weight and such) don't let any shirts fit right.

I want to be a comic character. That way, even if I have boobs and hips, I can still have clothes that fit and are always flattering!

ink slinger

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #128 on: 10 Feb 2009, 11:49 »

Don't even get me started on shirts.  My good old 36-C/D's (they are right on the cusp depending on current weight and such) don't let any shirts fit right.
I've always wondered who designs women's dress shirts. It's like, unless you have no tits, you can't fit into a dress shirt that is actually the proper size for you. Ironically, my girlfriend thinks she's "fat" because she has trouble finding dress shirts that fit, but usually the problem is just that her boobs are too big so she can't button up the shirt. If she was flat-chested, the shirt would fit perfectly. She's stuck wearing either more casual clothes or dress shirts that too big for her.

Of course, us guys sometimes have problems like that. I often have to buy shirts that are a size too big because the "proper" size doesn't fit my shoulders properly. I've got broad shoulders, but I'm not a particularly large guy, so if a shirt fits my shoulders, it probably looks baggy on the rest of my torso.

Getting back to the point of this post, though: Yes, Faye is curvy. She has an hour-glass figure. She is not fat. If she was a real person she'd probably be pretty hot, whereas most of the other QC women would be skinny to the point that I, personally, would probably not find them attractive. And that's about as far as I'm willing to go with that because I don't want to sound like one of the creepy "I wanna see Hanners naked" people.

SayWhat

« Reply #129 on: 10 Feb 2009, 18:35 »

Y'know, I've never encountered a girl that said, "Yeah, I went into the store, saw [article of clothing] that I liked, tried it on, and it fit perfectly.

I've had items of clothing fit perfectly. Rarely, but it happens, but I never end up buying them, usually for one reason.

They're too exposing. I'm not someone who is comfortable exposing skin. I will wear jeans in 100+ degree weather with 80+% humidity because I hate wearing shorts and/or skirts. Swimsuits that fit me are usually bikinis, with those leetle teeny bottoms.

I have the figure for bikinis (although I could use more in the chest area), but I'm just not comfortable wearing them. I'd rather wear clothing that doesn't fit so well but keeps me covered than clothing that fits perfectly but shows too much skin.
From shoulders down, I am pretty much entirely covered by fabric.

This means I have to go shopping by myself, because my friends always shove various items of clothing at me, with exclamations of "This is so cute! You would look awesome!" and it's a pair of short shorts. Lol.

Faye is hourglass figured, and that is, honestly, the most attractive female bodytype for me. However, given the choice between a  bodytype like mine, and someone who is 'chubby' but not hourglass shaped (say like, an apple or something) I go for the apples. If I weren't me, I wouldn't date me. Waaaay too skinny. Faye's body is, physically the most attractive.
For instance, Jessica Simpson apparently gained some weight recently. People were goin' nuts calling her fat etc, but I honestly thought she was really hot with the extra weight. 

NeverQuiteGoth

• Curry sauce
    • The Raiden Saga
« Reply #130 on: 11 Feb 2009, 00:00 »

Dora's personality in Faye's body would be like the ultimate woman or somethin'
Yes, thank goodness we live in an enlightened society where we're horribly sexist to both men and woman in equal measure. >.<

JonSnow

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #131 on: 11 Feb 2009, 00:41 »

well if you ask me Faye is more pear shaped then hourglass shaped, unless her breasts get bigger or her hips smaller, she's still going to be a pear. Dora would need bigger breasts and she'd be an hourglass as well, as do Hanners and Penelope. None of them have the oh so desirable hourglass shape.

kabukiman

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #132 on: 11 Feb 2009, 06:00 »

Well, my father is fat, has a big belly, but is incredible strong and doesn't have any health problems. I'm skinny, I can't lift any weight, my stomach is always complaining if I start to eat something I'm not used too.

Pixieeee

« Reply #133 on: 13 Feb 2009, 11:49 »

Roarrrr threads like this will be the death of me.

I'm 5'5" and around 108. I think? I might still be around 105. I try not to weigh myself.
I don't have an eating disorder right now, but I did. It's not something I chose to have and the fact that all these people are saying that if you're not curvy there's something wrong with you, but that curvy people shouldn't be seen as fat and judged on their bodies is just really condescending.
I'm not going to blame the media for my problems, but if I didn't get flat stomachs and no body fat shoved in my face as the beautiful way to be, it'd at least be easier to see myself as beautiful how I am. I'm not saying the media caused it, but the media played a part in the obsession.
And it's not like I wanted an eating disorder, or I chose to have one.

I'm sick of people saying that people who've had eating disorders or are that thin are gross, and that people who are curvy are good. Can't you just not judge on that? Being judged on your weight is never fun, and the problem with people who shove their curvy love down your throats is that they're doing something right by not going for what the media portrays.

PizzaSHARK

« Reply #134 on: 14 Feb 2009, 02:21 »

I was under the impression the media and fashionistas preferred rail-thin famine victims to beached whales.

Regardless, it's up to what that person perceives as attractive.  I myself like big boobs and wide hips.  Some guys like very petite women.  Some like excess baggage on theirs, with some liking a little and some liking a lot.

Maybe you should pay less attention to what people think.

lily-kiernan

« Reply #135 on: 14 Feb 2009, 23:06 »

Maybe you should pay less attention to what people think.

This is absolutely true.
I'm 5 foot two, wide hips (roughly a size eight), double D boobs, and a thirty-one inch waist. Which is pretty damned hourglass. But I'm kinda homely, honestly. I don't take time with what I wear and I rarely wear makeup. Luckily, that helps me pick out the lads who like my personality, not just my body.

And it bugs the shit out of me that people are ragging on those with eating disorders... it is like addiction (bad example, but clinically...). You didn't choose it. It is an illness. And you CANNOT get out of it alone.
Just looking in the mirror will not help you decide whether you are healthy or not. The slimmest, most unhealthily thin anorexic will look in the mirror and see fat. I look in the mirror and see, well, okay, good enough. I'm disappointed that I lost my swimmer's muscle tone and I'm working on getting it back... damn.

In any case, if you or someone you love is being affected by a change in food intake due to negative body image, please refer to this link. And all that. Yeah.

http://www.edreferral.com/

spoon_of_grimbo

• Bling blang blong blung
  • http://signalstonoise.tumblr.com
« Reply #136 on: 15 Feb 2009, 07:55 »

And it bugs the shit out of me that people are ragging on those with eating disorders...

it's presumptuous to think that anyone's who's very skinny has an eating disorder (unless i've missed a few posts, i get the impression that people aren't actually having a go at people with eating disorders, but just saying they don't like skinny girls), but still, anyone who's doing that is not only an asshole, but (hopefully) in the minority.  i mean, i mentioned at the start of the thread that i prefer curvier girls, but that's not to say i don't find skinny girls attractive too.  at the end of the day, it's the personality that counts for the most. 

Rocketman

• A little bitter.
« Reply #137 on: 15 Feb 2009, 10:43 »

at the end of the day, it's the personality that counts for the most. 

No, it isn't. People will always say it is, because they don't like to feel shallow, but we're all just kidding ourselves.

spoon_of_grimbo

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #138 on: 15 Feb 2009, 11:24 »

No, it isn't. People will always say it is, because they don't like to feel shallow, but we're all just kidding ourselves.

speak for yourself. i look at it like this - appearance is usually what will attract you to someone in the first place, as it's the only point of reference for someone you don't know.  but it's personality that'll decide whether you wanna be involved with them any further. 

i know a few incredibly hot girls, who i can't bring myself to view as attractive because they're such miserable bitches.  and at the same, a few of the girls i've been attracted to in the past have not, upon reflection, been as attractive as i'd thought, but their great personalities had made them seem more attractive than they probably were.

lily-kiernan

« Reply #139 on: 15 Feb 2009, 19:26 »

And it bugs the shit out of me that people are ragging on those with eating disorders...

it's presumptuous to think that anyone's who's very skinny has an eating disorder (unless i've missed a few posts, i get the impression that people aren't actually having a go at people with eating disorders, but just saying they don't like skinny girls), but still, anyone who's doing that is not only an asshole, but (hopefully) in the minority.  i mean, i mentioned at the start of the thread that i prefer curvier girls, but that's not to say i don't find skinny girls attractive too.  at the end of the day, it's the personality that counts for the most. 

It has indeed deteriorated into that, around the end of the first page, I think.... but I'm way to lazy to go back and look.
The obligatory "eat a sandwich" comment was immediately followed by the skinny lasses on here going "HEYYYYY" as well they should.

And, about your next post, absolutely. I see no one as attractive (at all) before I get to know them, and I am repulsed by people with bad personalities. So if I talk with someone for a while, when they walk away, I might say "God, he's pretty hot." while whoever I'm with is thinking, "Wow, what a fugly dude."

That's just me though.

SayWhat

« Reply #140 on: 15 Feb 2009, 20:52 »

Not just you, trust me. Physical attractiveness is important, I'm not going to deny that. I have this 'thing' about body hair, I just cannot stand it. At all.

At least I couldn't, until I found the guy I'm with now. He's so sweet and funny, and he kind of just 'gets me', that even though he has chest hair, I find myself able to ignore it because his personality and the way he cares for me trumps something that grosses me out immensely.

There's this guy at my school however, who I absolutely cannot stand. He's a homophobic, racist asshole. He, however, has the body of a male model. Utterly gorgeous. But his attitude and behavior make him so unattractive to me because I just cannot stand him. I nearly beat him upside the head with a  textbook because he was mouthing off and I just wanted to smash him.

There's also nothing wrong with saying that you prefer curvier chicks. I personally do as well. When that crosses over into rudeness, though, is instead of saying "I like hourglass women" you say "Skinny women are just so disgusting. Those anorexic whores! Only women with curves are real women!" and etc.
That's when it pisses people off. Nothing wrong with saying one type of body is beautiful, I believe we, as a society, need to reinforce that curvier women are beautiful too.

The way to do that, however, is not to tear down skinny women. Phrases like "Real women have curves" are insulting and rude. I don't understand why we can't just promote both body types, or hell, all healthy body types as being beautiful. This may sound too after school special, but I don't think we  need to tear down others to make ourselves feel better. Y'know?

s0ck ninja

« Reply #141 on: 16 Feb 2009, 18:34 »

somebody needs to make a thread "Marten is a twig," if it doesn't already exist. i know maybe two boys built like him. but I digress.

Faye is in fact curvy. There aren't any girls in the comic right now who are above maybe a size 6 and that's ok with me. I draw people a lot, comics and notcomics, and very thin people are just much easier to draw. There's less squash/stretch to worry about, and there's less advanced anatomy to worry about in order to go from stick figure planning to realistic-ish drawing. The same goes for very muscular characters. Probably why (with plenty of good exceptions out there) most comic characters are very thin or drawn in a style which depicts everyone as twiggy.

TheReaper

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #142 on: 17 Feb 2009, 04:24 »

I agree, but I could do without the fat jokes. In real life, Faye would be a petite girl with big knockers and hips, the rest of the women would be in an eating disorder ward. Yeah, I know, it's just a comic and not drawn to scale, but it still sorta irks me as a big knocker girl.

hey, don't sweat it - if you've got a faye-esque figure, be happy.  speaking for myself and, i think, most guys, yours is the most attractive kinda figure.
I'm just glad you said most.

Yeah, no. Looks are important. This is true. But as has been stated, personality trumps all. I wouldn't go out with a lady who thought the Holocaust was a TOTALLY COOL EVENT and who burns crosses on Sunday or whatever, because that's some fucked up stuff.
Good things are fleeting. The bad ones are usually here to stay.

kabukiman

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #143 on: 17 Feb 2009, 05:42 »

Well, the looks is the must important thing until the other person hopen his/her mouth. After that, if he/she is a total creep, no good look will save the bad impression, if the person is a normal, several factors will influence the opinion about the person (the mood of both people, having similar tastes or having too much diferent opinions, etc).

championofkhorne

« Reply #144 on: 17 Feb 2009, 10:29 »

Yes to this thread topic.

all these discussions are redundant.

lily-kiernan

« Reply #145 on: 18 Feb 2009, 20:56 »

Well, the looks is the must important thing until the other person hopen his/her mouth. After that, if he/she is a total creep, no good look will save the bad impression, if the person is a normal, several factors will influence the opinion about the person (the mood of both people, having similar tastes or having too much diferent opinions, etc).

This is certainly true for most people.

Lost Coastlines

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #146 on: 26 Feb 2009, 00:47 »

Kind of off-topic, but does anyone else get the impression that Penelope used to be fat?  She's obsessed with exercise, is kind of oblivious when guys are attracted to her, and she (at least previously) would hide behind the big glasses.  She also got incredibly defensive when Faye joked about her "junk in the trunk."  Kinda seems like she is an ex fat kid.
« Last Edit: 26 Feb 2009, 00:49 by Lost Coastlines »

championofkhorne

« Reply #147 on: 26 Feb 2009, 20:08 »

most girls are chunky when they are kids, they are the ones that grow into fuckin hot girls, and aren't stupid entitled bitches.

most girls that are hot the entire time end up druggies or in abusive stupid relationships because they cant get out of the mental age of 16

dps

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #148 on: 09 Mar 2009, 23:48 »

Dont hate on the skinny girls, we dont hate the curvy.

I don't hate skinny girls;  it's just that as a straight male, I don't find boyish figures sexually attractive.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #149 on: 10 Mar 2009, 01:01 »

most girls are chunky when they are kids, they are the ones that grow into fuckin hot girls, and aren't stupid entitled bitches.

most girls that are hot the entire time end up druggies or in abusive stupid relationships because they cant get out of the mental age of 16

With stereotyped views like that, the question is whether you will even reach  a mental age of 16.  Sorry if that comes over offensive, but really...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up