Fun Stuff > ENJOY

What are you currently reading?

<< < (2/289) > >>

De_El:
Brutality Garden: Tropicália and the Emergence of a Brazilian Counterculture by Christopher Dunn

Usopp:
The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana by Umberto Eco
and
Free to Choose by Milton and Rose Friedman

michaelicious:
I had never read Watchmen before so my roommate let me borrow his copy of Ultimate Watchmen. That book is so heavy I am now an Olympic weightlifter after finishing it.

I'm also leisurely working my way through A Canticle For Leibowitz by Walter M. Miller, Jr. I stole it from my brother when I was 13 but I didn't really understand it then. It's a post-nuclear apocalyptic novel about a wilfully ignorant world and (so far) it centres around an Abbey in the desert that has worked for centuries to preserve the little bits of pre-deluge academia that weren't destroyed by the surviving ignoramuses. It's starting to get more exciting as the Abbey is becoming somewhat of a thing of interest to a relentlessly expansionist military leader. I've got about a hundred or so pages left.

Joseph:

--- Quote from: Inlander on 25 Nov 2008, 04:24 ---I'm reading Emma by Jane Austen.

--- End quote ---

You continue to convince me that we must be literary soulmates.

I'm reading The Unbearable Lightness Of Being by Milan Kundera and Fatelessness by Imre Kertész.  Should finish up the former soon, so tonight I plan to start something else which is yet to be decided.  I've also been reading a lot of E. E. Cummings' poetry lately.  May start Eimi soon.

jimbunny:
I don't even know anymore. Someone stop this thing called college.

(If on a winter's night a traveler by Italo Calvino)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version