THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 15:20
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 22255 times)

HellStorm

• Balloon animal serial killer
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #50 on: 07 Sep 2008, 05:18 »

I dunno how many of you know this (probably everyone but me) but I found out literally about 20 minutes ago
You remember the doctor's daughter?
He's dating her.

cgarci21

• Shagtastic
« Reply #51 on: 07 Sep 2008, 16:42 »

Yup, knew that. It does give me fantasy fodder if he likes 'em young (note: Although I'm not as young as she is  :-o).

Also to britmonster: Don't you just LOVE him!! He is the ideal Master for this incarnation of the Doctor. The same manic energy and charisma with the same richness and depth, only so much darker. In other words, I thought he was just lovely.
You know how animals can sense a tsunami coming before humans notice? I'm like that, only for sexy things. -Dora Bianchi

britMonster

• Furry furrier
« Reply #52 on: 07 Sep 2008, 16:53 »

I was sad when the used the sonic laser oldifier modificationor on the Doctor. But he makes a cute little 3 foot tall man. =P
britMonster is all hot and bothered by the thought of febreeze.

you're invited : www.lost.eu/75505

cgarci21

• Shagtastic
« Reply #53 on: 11 Sep 2008, 20:00 »

Doesn't he just??  I was bummed too but then they went all RTD and freaking jesus'd him back into the proper Doctor. It was crazy. I'm not quite sure how I feel about that ending just yet. I've had a season to digest it but it still sits a bit funny. You know?? Meh.
You know how animals can sense a tsunami coming before humans notice? I'm like that, only for sexy things. -Dora Bianchi

britMonster

• Furry furrier
« Reply #54 on: 11 Sep 2008, 23:29 »

Aww, your icon wins. <3

cgarci21

• Shagtastic
« Reply #55 on: 12 Sep 2008, 20:34 »

Thanks!! I did it in honor of Sven's new haircut.

CamusCanDo

• Curry sauce
« Reply #56 on: 30 Oct 2008, 00:26 »

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #57 on: 30 Oct 2008, 00:47 »

Well... way to stuff up Moffat's plans for the doctor and River Song. Though on the site linked to has James Nesbitt as a 6 to 1 odds for the next doctor and all I can say is "God I hope so"
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #58 on: 30 Oct 2008, 03:30 »

Ugh. No. James Nesbitt is a huge turn-off for me.

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #59 on: 30 Oct 2008, 04:36 »

Dude, go watch Jekyll, it is the single best piece of television I have ever seen, this goes for all of you reading this post, go watch Jekyll.

Why are you still here? GO! GO! GO!
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #60 on: 30 Oct 2008, 04:49 »

I watched Jekyll. Or at least as much of it as I could stand. I was not impressed.

Among other flaws, it had James Nesbitt in it.

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #61 on: 30 Oct 2008, 04:58 »

What?... I'm sorry what? how is that possible? I know taste is subjective and all that but there's just not enough diversity in the human race for that to be a possible opinion.

But seriously though, what is so terrible about james nesbitt that that can turn you off jekyll? I mean you've said before you love Stephen Moffat's writing.

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #62 on: 30 Oct 2008, 05:03 »

You seem to want to ascribe a rational, non-emotional explanation for my disliking of James Nesbitt. This is a mistake.

My main problem with Jekyll was that the main character was either cheesy, or obnoxious, or both. This is largely because he was played by James Nesbitt. See point A, above.

britMonster

• Furry furrier
« Reply #63 on: 30 Oct 2008, 07:03 »

I'm so sad about DT stepping down as the Doctor, but I'm sure I'll enjoy the last 5 episodes he's in. =(

starling

« Reply #64 on: 04 Nov 2008, 16:05 »

I love DT but would totally be happy with Nesbitt. Definitely agree with Jekyll being one of the best (mini) series I've seen in a long, long time.

cgarci21

• Shagtastic
« Reply #65 on: 06 Nov 2008, 17:59 »

I am sooo bummed out about David leaving. I mean, he is My Doctor. You know how you identify with a Doctor and that makes that Doctor intrinsicly yours?? No? well, i did. the last time this happened I was 6 and watching reruns and loving Tom Baker. Only Tom Baker wasn't as much of a fox.  :wink:

I know though that they will give him a fantastic farewell in the last special and that its going to be huge. It's always a little exciting.

As for james nesbitt...i would prefer it not be him. I think he is a bit too cheesy and he would try to fill DT's shoes instead of moving in his own direction.

Never know though.

improbability driver

« Reply #66 on: 09 Nov 2008, 12:16 »

Having never seen him in anything, my only problem with James Nesbitt is that he simply is not David Tennant. This is an unforgivable flaw. It's like...replacing Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy with some blonde chick from a CW show halfway through the series. Not cool.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #67 on: 09 Nov 2008, 12:21 »

But what if that some blonde were Kristin Bell?

improbability driver

« Reply #68 on: 09 Nov 2008, 18:09 »

I don't believe in hypothetical situations. It's like lying to your brain!

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #69 on: 09 Nov 2008, 20:50 »

my only problem with James Nesbitt is that he simply is not David Tennant. This is an unforgivable flaw.

How on Earth can you believe that when we are talking about Doctor Who. I mean, we are talking about a show that has managed to prolong itself based on the fact that it came up with a halfway decent excuse to switch actors when it was necessary.
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

improbability driver

« Reply #70 on: 10 Nov 2008, 18:10 »

Easy: I am a young, impressionable girl whose experience with the good Doctor has been a season of Eccleson, who I liked well enough but didn't exactly flock to my television in anticipation for, before he was replaced with what can only be described as the man of my dreams. I didn't expect him to hang around forever, but I guarantee you if he'd stayed until he was hobbling out of the TARDIS with a walker and an ear trumpet I'd still be sitting in front of my tv screaming "TOOOO SOOOOOON!" Of course I could be the dictionary definition of wrong and like Nesbitt just fine, but until then I will bitterly cling to my guns and religion DVDs and reruns. Don't try to reason with me, four out of five dentists will tell you it's useless.

britMonster

• Furry furrier
« Reply #71 on: 10 Nov 2008, 19:11 »

I think it would be nifty if there was a female Doctor. =) Or a non-human Doctor.

dozyrozy

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #72 on: 14 Nov 2008, 03:05 »

Well if it was a female doctor I wouldn't be buying a poster (David is on my wall right now and will stay there for a good long while!), but it could still be pretty cool. But if it is I really really hope it's not one of the past companions; I've heard rumours about it being Billie Piper and although I think she was a great companion I really don't want her to be the doctor. I've had enough of her! If it's not Tennant I want someone completely new. Nesbitt would be fine with me, he seems quirky enough to do it well, but I'm hoping the BBC will be able to keep it a real secret until the time comes so it'll be a surprise. Not likely, but fingers crossed.

And Children in Need tonight, DT is in it, I'm hoping it's a Dr Who bit. Watch it if you can!!
I think I'll take a nap now...

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #73 on: 14 Nov 2008, 12:50 »

Um... Jon, wrong thread again.

britMonster

• Furry furrier
« Reply #74 on: 16 Nov 2008, 12:14 »

I also want someone new. I don't have an DT posters. . yet.

I am currently on the third episode of Blackpool. I <3 DT so much in everything he is in.

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #75 on: 07 Jan 2009, 05:18 »

Edit, never mind, I didn't see the new thread on the topic about which I was posting, alow this to slip back once more into the void.
« Last Edit: 07 Jan 2009, 05:28 by axerton »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up