THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 16:44
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: A vampire romance  (Read 17422 times)

Aurjay

• The German Chancellory building
Re: A vampire romance
« Reply #50 on: 19 Dec 2008, 20:26 »

This kind of vampire romance I can get behind.  I really want to see this film

http://www.lettherightoneinmovie.com/

Great movie. And to all the people detracting on it for being Swedish or subtitled give it a chance 1st before dissing it.

Only thing I have to agree on is them showing a childs junk but I'm sure they had to have a double stand-in for that one cuz seriously is no way they would allow that to be taped. Even then it happens so quick that you barely notice it. Too be honest not even sure why they showed it all in the 1st place.

Definitiely one of the better Vampire movies out there. Not scary at all but sometimes gory but in a good way nothing too over-the-top. 

And if want to see it now can goto http://www.watch-movies.net/movies/let_the_right_one_in/
I suggest signing up and just paying the fee if you want to watch it all at once.

:Spoiler Edit:

Ok after reading the boards on IMDB I can now see why they showed the prepubescent groin shot. Seems that in the book Eli is a boy that is castrated. The shot basically shows the scarring left over from that. Now what gets me is that I thought it was pubic hair but then again the shot happens so quickly its really hard to tell wtf it might be. So i have to retract my statement earlier about not knowing why they even included the shot in the film. 

« Last Edit: 19 Dec 2008, 20:50 by Aurjay »
Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #51 on: 29 Dec 2008, 18:05 »

Probably pretty close to Twilight's standard of excellence, but I approve

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #52 on: 30 Dec 2008, 00:13 »

So the consensus here seems to be "intriguing, but sub par"? That's interesting, because everything I've heard/read about this movie has suggested that it's one of the years best movies. I'm kind of ambivalent about it..I was considering driving to Milwaukee to see it when it plays there, but it's sounding here like it might not be worth it.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #53 on: 30 Dec 2008, 00:22 »

everything I've heard/read about this movie has suggested that it's one of the years best movies.

Whoa. WHOA.

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #54 on: 30 Dec 2008, 00:26 »

Seriously. It's been on a fairly large number of "best of..." lists of fairly reputable establishments (and also among numerous writers at that great pop culture compendium, the A.V. club.)
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up