THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 03:31
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bitter Virgin  (Read 2548 times)

Usopp

Bitter Virgin
« on: 08 Dec 2008, 12:57 »

A great manga I just finished reading. Found out about it as it was vaulted to the top 5 of the site's most fav manga list(# 4, precisely). Synopsis and link to site to read it on:

http://www.onemanga.com/Bitter_Virgin/

Suwa Daisuke is the ladies man of his small town high school, and he has his eye on most every girl, except for one. Aikawa Hinako isn't his type, but when he overhears a deep dark secret of hers, he finds himself thinking of her more and more

If anyone's interested, try reading it. It's most assuredly not your typical shounen series, and deals with several issues in today's world.

Anyone who's already read it, what'd you think about the ending?
« Last Edit: 08 Dec 2008, 13:15 by Usopp »

Coffee_Kaioken

• Furry furrier
Re: Bitter Virgin
« Reply #1 on: 28 Dec 2008, 18:21 »

It supposedly does deal with issues in today's world - there is that annoying trend/theme of alpha males corrupting the "pure/innocent" type, and yet, it pulls you in anyway. <_<

I'm currently on chapter 9.

-edit-

Okay, it's apparently much more than that annoying trend - that's only in the first few chapters.

I just finished the last (32nd) chapter. Yes, I read the entire thing nonstop.

.... wow.
« Last Edit: 28 Dec 2008, 19:35 by Coffee_Kaioken »

Usopp

« Reply #2 on: 09 Jan 2009, 12:51 »

Sorry for the post being so late, am just now checking :-P.

Yes, indeed. Wow. I'm... not sure how much more I can say without running out of phrases to do it justice.

Jack Faros

• Plantmonster
« Reply #3 on: 15 Jan 2009, 22:41 »

People on the One Manga discussion board were really surprised that Bitter Virgin was able to not only take #4 on the Top Viewed Manga list, but keep it's spot for a long time.  Even though it's dropped in popularity recently, it's still on the list at #19. 

I think the reason that it's so popular is that the first chapter just sucks you right in.  Sure, it starts off like any other romantic seinen manga, but then they drop this huge bomb on you!  The general theme is one that's fairly common in manga in general, (Leading male meets leading girl, isn't really interested, then finds out something about her that makes him eventually fall for her.) but Aikawa's something is just intense that it almost shatters the mold completely.  I had to re-read page 26 several times just to get over the shock.

My one grief with the series is how it ended.  Without spoiling it for anyone, the general attitude that all of the characters have when everything is said and done really just pissed me off.

only mods get to use color, ya dirty weeaboo
« Last Edit: 16 Jan 2009, 21:39 by Trollstormur »
Pages: [1]   Go Up