THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 04:35
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unisex Bathrooms - now with TMI!  (Read 43802 times)

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
Re: Unisex Bathrooms - now with TMI!
« Reply #300 on: 13 Dec 2008, 17:03 »

Hrrm, hum.
These sorts of things never usually bother me, but the last 2 pages of this thread have made me queasy/nauseous.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

Fenriswolf

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #301 on: 13 Dec 2008, 17:06 »

Then something has been achieved here!  :lol:

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #302 on: 14 Dec 2008, 03:58 »

I think its much more a psychological thing when it comes to the birthgasms. Moms recall tales of how painful childbirth is (and seriously, it sounds painful when told) to their children, so the children of course have that in the back of their minds when they are older and having children. They are thinking "oh my god this is going to hurt so bad" and so they feel the pain.

The last girlfriend I had was stuck thinking that she didn't enjoy sex, so she never did. She enjoyed other stuff down there, but not actual sex, because, and this is what she told me: "my first time didn't feel good so it's never felt good." If you believe something won't feel good for a long time, clearly when it happens you'll feel pain. But if you don't know... it might feel good.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #303 on: 14 Dec 2008, 04:10 »

Uhm, I'm pretty sure squeezing a baby through ones vagina is going to hurt whether or not one goes into the whole thing thinking "This is going to hurt so bad". Sure, the state of mind might influence the overall experience and how one handles the pain, but still. Pain. Lots of it.

(Well, I know of people who have had super fast 2nd or 3rd births that they say didn't hurt so badly, but I'm thinking this might be compared to the previous ones.)

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #304 on: 14 Dec 2008, 04:25 »

Well, yeah, clearly it will hurt, but I think going into it thinking that its going to hurt a lot more makes it hurt more. If you think that you always throw up when you fly in a plane, you will then throw up when you fly in a plane. That's how your mind works. You can condition it to think a certain way.

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #305 on: 14 Dec 2008, 11:32 »

something that actually happens quite often is that women forgot about a large part of the childbirth experience, so although they recall it as having been terrible they can't actually remember the exact event from moment to moment. from an evolutionary standpoint, this occurs so that women will want to keep having kids because if they could remember in excruciating detail how horrible it was the first time it occurred, they probably wouldn't want to ever get pregnant again.

fun fact! one of my housemates saw her mom give birth to her sister because her mom thought it would be the sort of thing that was wonderful and educational for her (her parents are really excellent though, just weird sometimes). i think she was maybe 7 or 8 years old at the time. so of course she saw the whole thing including her mom crying and screaming at the nurses and the whole thing with the baby and was essentially reduced to a trembling ball in the corner. the doctors tried to comfort her by saying this was something kids weren't really supposed to ever see and she was very brave.
so, her mom forgot most of the experience and only vaguely recalls it as having been painful, but of course my housemate has the whole thing stamped in her memory in detail and now, like me, has a massive phobia of having kids as a result of this experience. at least i'm not alone.
« Last Edit: 14 Dec 2008, 11:37 by tania »
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Fenriswolf

« Reply #306 on: 14 Dec 2008, 17:35 »

Well, yeah, clearly it will hurt, but I think going into it thinking that its going to hurt a lot more makes it hurt more. If you think that you always throw up when you fly in a plane, you will then throw up when you fly in a plane. That's how your mind works. You can condition it to think a certain way.
Yeah, I would doubt that has much to do with it in this case. You're dilating your cervix, which usually sits pretty much closed, to 8 or so cm (or 4"). It's like stretching out one of your other muscles to 10x it's normal size by constant cramping and relaxing. It does vary a lot, but I think the fear of pain has little to do with it in this instance.

Pain from sex is going to affected more psychologically because if you're uncomfortable/nervous you're not going to produce as much lubricant and/or you nervousness can directly result in tightening the muscles of your vagina which won't help.

I am dubious about attributing mystery-sex-pain to being "in their head" though because women can have pretty horrendous health problems that even some doctors ignore because they don't understand it and some women can't have penetrative sex for years, if ever, because of it. :(

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #307 on: 14 Dec 2008, 18:00 »

something that actually happens quite often is that women forgot about a large part of the childbirth experience, so although they recall it as having been terrible they can't actually remember the exact event from moment to moment.

This happens with most things that cause extreme pain. My arm went through a window once, gashing my shoulder, upper and lower arms, and my hand..(I got about 78 stitches in all.) I remember looking down and seeing it, but I don't remember it actually happening..so I'm not really sure that it has anything in particular to do with pregnancy and childbirth. I think it's a common experience when you get a lot of pain and, consequently, adrenaline, pumping through your body.
« Last Edit: 14 Dec 2008, 18:04 by RedLion »
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

Fenriswolf

« Reply #308 on: 14 Dec 2008, 18:07 »

Yeah your body doesn't want you to remember that shit! ...you got pictures?  :-o

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #309 on: 14 Dec 2008, 18:14 »

The thing about it is that it wasn't sex-pain. She just didn't enjoy it. She would do it for the guy only, 6 different guys and she never enjoyed it.

Fenriswolf

« Reply #310 on: 14 Dec 2008, 18:20 »

Ah, that sucks. It's a hard one though, those mental blocks can be pretty rigid.   :|

tragic_pizza

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Board Certified Curmudgeon
« Reply #311 on: 15 Dec 2008, 17:49 »

Did you do that on purpose?
[21:19] andy: Mai, I am sorry, I am going to say this outright that I would doeverything in my power to try and have sweet girl love with you.

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • i forgot why i made that picture
« Reply #312 on: 15 Dec 2008, 19:09 »

I almost took my toe off my running into a door. Very hard. I didn't know my toe was hurting. My head was hurting too bad for me to notice that my toe was bleeding and hanging off. My head didn't even hurt that bad.

Perhaps your body takes care of the more important places first? Head, heart, etc.

Fenriswolf

« Reply #313 on: 15 Dec 2008, 19:25 »

Did you do that on purpose?
Ah ha, no. Seriously no.  :-P

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #314 on: 15 Dec 2008, 19:28 »

Perhaps your body takes care of the more important places first? Head, heart, etc.

it does! i head heard about how your body prioritizes when it comes to healing but didn't actually witness this until a friend of mine got hit a car a few years ago while riding his bike. he was okay for the most part, just scratched up pretty bad on his head and arms and hands. anyway, for the next few weeks all the cuts on his head healed first followed by the ones on his hands and arms which basically didn't even start healing until the ones on his head were nearly done. i mean, it still sucked that he got injured and all but seeing that happen in real time was pretty much the coolest thing ever.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #315 on: 15 Dec 2008, 20:00 »

That is pretty interesting. I wonder if that affects healing time in general, not just healing time relative to other injuries. You know, like the body may divert more resources to patching up various areas more quickly just in general. I had a friend who was also involved in a bike accident; he wasn't hit by a car or anything, but he had some cuts and some rather severe road rash on his face, but it healed up amazingly quickly. It would make sense in light of how much sheer blood flow there is in your face; the skin around there is rather vascular.
« Last Edit: 16 Dec 2008, 13:48 by Alex C »
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #316 on: 16 Dec 2008, 12:44 »

It might not have as much to do with the body's prioritization so much as the tissue itself, and its use. I know lots of stories about eyebrow piercings healing over in a day or less and having to be redone. Leg, back and hip injuries take so long to heal not because they're low priority, but because those parts of the body bear weight, which complicates the healing process significantly.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up