THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 13:43
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ok, hope it's not OT: Your ghost stories  (Read 3337 times)

Puki

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
Ok, hope it's not OT: Your ghost stories
« on: 17 Dec 2008, 05:12 »

Hullo!
First of all - if this is offtopic here, would someone please move it to appropriate topic? Kaythanks.
Second - need some help, if you all have time. In 6 hours I have to do a radio show, and hour ago director changed the topic we would cover, and the new one is - ghost.
In general. Great.
So, I'm doing my research of haunted houses, poltergeists, theories and all that, but it would be cool (and helpfull to me and I would be very thankfull and everything) if some of you wrote here ghost stories of your .. .area? Yes, believe that is the term.
So, are there any spooky sightings in your area(if yes, please state which area / country is it?)? Do you have some haunted houses around? Did you ever encounter a ghost?

I am not sure about the time difference, so probably no one will even read this in time, but, just in case you do - I would appreciate your help.

Thanks, all.

Great - I've just realised that it's 8:00 on the forums.

A ghost fixed the typo in the topic heading for you. - Inlander.
« Last Edit: 17 Dec 2008, 05:33 by Inlander »

Puki

Re: Ok, hope it's not OT: Your ghost stories
« Reply #1 on: 17 Dec 2008, 05:55 »

Oh, thank you : ashamed:

mooface

« Reply #2 on: 17 Dec 2008, 18:34 »

here in charlotte, nc there is a bridge we call "cat lady bridge".

the story goes that back when charlotte was still mostly boonies there was a woman who... guess what? owned a whole bunch of cats.  she also happened to have an abusive, alcoholic husband.  one night he came home and flew an even worse rage than usual and beat her unconscious.  in his drunken state he thought she was dead so he put her in a big bag, threw her in the trunk of his red pickup, and drove down to the bridge that crossed the creek bordering his property.  once there he threw her over the side.  but, since she wasn't dead yet she ended up drowning while trying to claw her way out of the sack.

legend goes that if you go over to the bridge and call out "cat lady!" you will hear her wading in the water.  if you drive your car to the middle of the bridge and turn the engine off completely a red pickup truck will drive past - in the back of the truck you will see the glowing eyes of her abandoned cats.

the bridge was a main hangout spot for me and a lot of people in my high school.  since there is nothing to do in charlotte we spent a ridiculous amount of time on that bridge yelling out things like "cat lady takes it up the ass!" and thinking we were really clever for it.  i never heard her wading in the water but i have friends who swear they have seen that pickup truck fly by (obviously a mixture of coincidence and overactive imaginations).
« Last Edit: 17 Dec 2008, 18:37 by mooface »

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • i forgot why i made that picture
« Reply #3 on: 17 Dec 2008, 18:51 »

We have a story similar to the one above where I'm from.

People say that back in the 70s/80s/whenever, a girl was being brought home from the prom and got in a wreck and her car went over the bridge on the Wateree River. Now, if you go over the bridge on the right date, the date that she died on, you'll see a girl holding her thumb in the air, needing a ride. If you let her in, she'll give you an address and you'll take her there and look in the back seat and she'll be gone. You knock on the door and her parents answer and tell you that the same thing happens every year.

A personal story is about my mother. She works at the hospital as a nurse. There was a nurse working there named Denise who died of lung cancer. Denise was kind of a large lady who had long brown hair down to her hips and it swayed when she walked. When something happened in my mother's department, people would just say, "Oh, that's just Denise, messing around as usual."
My mom claims that she turned a corner to see a ghostly figure with long hair walk into a room. She went to the room to see who/what it was and no one was in there. She could've just been tired. It might've been Denise.

Of course, other times, weird things have happened at the hospital. A penny rolled out of an empty room one time.
She checked a patient into a room only to find a man sleeping in the bed. He had been there the entire night with two nurses in the other room and no one else.

Ugh. These things creep me out.

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #4 on: 17 Dec 2008, 22:28 »

A couple decades ago, in the 50's, at my college, one of the professors was working late, and the next morning they found him dead at the bottom of the stairs inside the building he worked in, completely naked and drenched in blood. His clothes, which had been torn off of him, made a trail that led from him to his office The door to the office had been smashed open from the outside. Inside his office, blood was smeared on the wall and on the floor, all the furniture was upended--desks, chairs, lamps, everything.

They didn't find any wounds on his body that would have caused that much blood. There were no gashes or punctures--He had been strangled to death.

No one ever found out what happened. There were no leads, no witnesses, and no forensic evidence except his own blood.

I guess that's not really a ghost story, more like a murder mystery, but it's fucked up and scary nonetheless.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

Noyk

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #5 on: 17 Dec 2008, 22:49 »

cat lady bridge
where is this?i live in charlotte and have never heard of this

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #6 on: 18 Dec 2008, 05:08 »

protip: maiAda likes to make shit up

clockworkjames

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Grammar Nazi vs Illiterate Jew
« Reply #7 on: 18 Dec 2008, 05:13 »

If there was jack shit to do there as a kid, bite the bullet and get a red pickup, a bunch of cr2025's and orange LED's then get some friends to put on waders.

A phone call or txt message to syncronise then next time someone shouts some shit, really fuck up their day.
still new here, didn't wanna piss anyone off

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #8 on: 26 Dec 2008, 02:00 »

castleofspirits.com has a fair few ghost stories worth reading.

Masterbainter

• FIGHT YOU
  • those times...
« Reply #9 on: 26 Dec 2008, 02:12 »

The Tale of Goatman!

A little northeast of a small south dakotan town by the name of Winner.  There is a bridge where an evil of sorts, festers.  Every year it seems as though people want to save money by dumping their deer carcases over this very old run down bridge.  It is fortold that the "goatman" feeds on these carcases and the spirit of the slain animals festers within him as well.  He has the body of a goat and the face of a man.  THE GOATMAN!

Also a good place to shoot a low budget horror film with your middle school friends and then years later watch and wonder WTF you were thinking.
Hey guys let me tell you about my intercourses.

My intercourses, let me tell you about them.

Cicero

« Reply #10 on: 04 Jan 2009, 07:42 »

I'm excited to go to Savannah this summer since it is considered one of the most haunted places in America.    Love that stuff.

evernew

• Curry sauce
  • Put a bangin' DONK on it!
« Reply #11 on: 04 Jan 2009, 07:49 »

There is a great ghost story called "The Devil's Backbone" or "El Espinazo del Diablo" in an Almodovar movie.
In the beginning of the movie, there is a quote which goes like this:

What is a ghost?
A tragedy condemned to repeat itself time and again?
An instant of pain, perhaps.
Something dead which still seems to be alive.
An emotion suspended in time.
Like a blurred photograph.
Like an insect trapped in amber.

Maybe you can use it somehow.
The Donk of Canterbury wishes everybody good tidings.

DonInKansas

• FIGHT YOU
  • Grammar Nazi
« Reply #12 on: 04 Jan 2009, 12:10 »

I'm excited to go to Savannah this summer since it is considered one of the most haunted places in America.    Love that stuff.

Be careful;  the spooks out there might give you "the vapors."

I mean, it would still suck, but at least it would suck creatively.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #13 on: 04 Jan 2009, 13:32 »

People say that back in the 70s/80s/whenever, a girl was being brought home from the prom and got in a wreck and her car went over the bridge on the Wateree River. Now, if you go over the bridge on the right date, the date that she died on, you'll see a girl holding her thumb in the air, needing a ride. If you let her in, she'll give you an address and you'll take her there and look in the back seat and she'll be gone. You knock on the door and her parents answer and tell you that the same thing happens every year.

Oh Susie Q
Oh Susie Q
Oh Susie Q
Baby, I love you
Susie Q
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

The Voice

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #14 on: 04 Jan 2009, 14:48 »

Closest thing to a ghost story that I know bout from my area.

I live about an hour away from the Winchester Mystery House.  It was the residence of Sarah Winchester, the widow of the Winchester Repeating Arms Company president William Winchester.  The house is said to be haunted by the ghosts of people killed by Winchester Rifles and any construction staff that died while building the house.  The building is most known for being under construction around the clock for 38 years.  There are stairs and doors that go to nowhere, 160 rooms, 17 chimneys, 2 basements, 10,000 windowpains, and 47 fireplaces. 

After the deaths of her daughter and husband she went to see a medium.  The medium told Sarah that the Winchester family was cursed because of all the deaths caused by Winchester rifles and that thousands of spirits wanted revenge on her.  The medium then told Sarah that she must leave Conetticut and travel west, where she must "build a home for yourself and for the spirits who have fallen from this terrible weapon, too. You must never stop building the house. If you continue building, you will live for ever. But if you stop, then you will die."  Sarah then moved to San Jose and hired a staff to construct her house.

After Sarah died the Winchester Investments LLC stopped construction and later opened the house as a tourist attraction.

*Edited because I should read what I write before I post.
« Last Edit: 04 Jan 2009, 17:27 by The Voice »

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #15 on: 04 Jan 2009, 16:34 »

I live in the town where the Great Amherst Mystery took place, Amherst NS, This case is one of the most prominent cases of poltergeists in North American for quite some time.

You can read all about it here: http://paranormal.about.com/library/weekly/aa061200a.htm I suggest you do, I won't copy paste the whole thing.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

Puki

« Reply #16 on: 04 Jan 2009, 17:02 »

Well, at the time it's 2 AM, so I'll wait until morning. :)
By the way, thank you all for help, stories are no longer needed for the show (as it aired on 17th), but please do write something if you know of it.
I like theese kinds of stories, although they scare the crap out of me.

In Croatia, we have the usual autostoper-that-dissapears stories and very few haunted houses.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #17 on: 04 Jan 2009, 17:03 »

I maybe have misunderstood The Voice's story but surely since Sarah was building the house, it makes sense that construction stopped when she died?

It's a great story though, I love the thought of staircases that go nowhere.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Puki

« Reply #18 on: 04 Jan 2009, 17:15 »

I maybe have misunderstood The Voice's story but surely since Sarah was building the house, it makes sense that construction stopped when she died?

Yeah, I wanted to say the same thing :)

Oh, just remembered - I heard this story in few versions, and I'm interested has anyone heard it too?

Some guy goes to the local club with his friends hoping to catch some girls. He sees a cute girl dancing alone and tries to smooth talk her. They dance for a while, everything is going great, but then she trips over him and he spills his drink on her dress. She is embaressed and kind of pissed off, and decides to leave. He suggests that he drives her home as an excuse (still hoping to get lucky), and she accepts.
 On the drive home they talk a lot and the mood lightens up, so, after they come to her house, she says that she still feels like dancing, and if he wants, he can wait for her to change clothes. He says yes, and waits. (damn, I'm a good story teller!I could make mountains of money with my brilliance)
 After about a half of hour waiting he gets nervous and decides to ring the door to see if everything is ok, or should he go back alone.
 He rings the doorbell a few times, but no one answers. As he starts walking to the car, some old lady resembeling the girl opens the door.
 After getting blank looks for asking is the girl ok and will she come out he explains the situation and describes the girl.
 The lady says: "That girl would look like my daughter, but she is dead for 3 years..."

Puki

« Reply #19 on: 04 Jan 2009, 17:20 »

Also, does anyone know who is the author of this story? Few of my friends and I wanted to make a kinfd of a short movie out of this, but don't know where it came from:

One school day, a boy named Tom was sitting in class and doing math. It was six more minutes until after school. As he was doing his homework, something caught his eye.

His desk was next to the window, and he turned and stared outside. It looked liked a picture. When it was home time at the school, he ran to the spot where he saw it. He ran fast so that no one else could grab it.

He picked it up and smiled. It had a picture of the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. She had a dress with tights on and red shoes, and her hand was formed into a peace sign.

She was so beautiful he wanted to meet her, so he ran all over the school and asked everyone if they knew her or have ever seen her before. But everyone he asked said "no." He was devastated.

When he was home, he asked his older sister if she knew the girl, but unfortunately she also said "no." It was very late, so Tom walked up the stairs, placed the picture on his bedside table and went to sleep.

In the middle of the night Tom was awakened by a tap on his window. It was like a nail tapping. He got scared. After the tapping he heard a giggle. He saw a shadow near his window, so he got out of his bed, walked toward his window, opened it up and followed the giggling. By the time he reached it, it was gone.

The next day again he asked his neighbors if they knew her. Everybody said, "Sorry, no." When his mother came home he even asked her if she knew her. She said "no." He went to his room, placed the picture on his desk and fell asleep.

Once again he was awakened by a tapping. He took the picture and followed the giggling. He walked across the road, when suddenly he got hit by a car. He was dead with the picture in his hand.

The driver got out of the car and tried to help him, but it was too late. Suddenly he saw the picture and picked it up. He smiled. He saw a cute girl holding up three fingers.

Cicero

« Reply #20 on: 04 Jan 2009, 18:43 »

Be careful;  the spooks out there might give you "the vapors."

Come again?  LOL.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #21 on: 05 Jan 2009, 10:33 »

I think us non-southerners call it "being all a-fluster".
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #22 on: 06 Jan 2009, 11:55 »

So ur with ur honey and yur making out wen the phone rigns. U anser it n the vioce is “wut r u doing wit my daughter?” U tell ur girl n she say “my dad is ded”. THEN WHO WAS PHONE?
Hate, rain on me

evernew

• Curry sauce
  • Put a bangin' DONK on it!
« Reply #23 on: 06 Jan 2009, 14:33 »

So ur with ur honey and yur making out wen the phone rigns. U anser it n the vioce is “wut r u doing wit my daughter?” U tell ur girl n she say “my dad is ded”. THEN WHO WAS PHONE?

I LOL'D
The Donk of Canterbury wishes everybody good tidings.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #24 on: 06 Jan 2009, 23:29 »

Blah blah blah Holder's series blah blah blah
« Last Edit: 06 Jan 2009, 23:32 by PantsFTW »
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

schimmy

• The Tickler
« Reply #25 on: 07 Jan 2009, 11:45 »

I've told four people Cartilage's story, and three of them pointed out it might be the girl's mum.

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck
« Reply #26 on: 07 Jan 2009, 11:51 »

THEN WHO WAS PHONE?

schimmy

• The Tickler
« Reply #27 on: 07 Jan 2009, 11:56 »

MUM WAS PHONE!
MUM WAS PHONE!
MUM WAS PHONE!

imapiratearg

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Oh thanks. They're not mine.
    • http://www.myspace.com/superpunkdout
« Reply #28 on: 07 Jan 2009, 12:10 »

I read a book once, apparently, Vermont is the second most-haunted state in the United State or something like that.  It's just under Pennsylvania.  Because, you know, Gettysburg and stuff.

Here is a page that will give you some brief descriptions of some paranormal activities.

« Last Edit: 07 Jan 2009, 12:26 by imapiratearg »
Pages: [1]   Go Up