THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 23:42
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Regarding a QC Video Game....  (Read 5162 times)

Norton Quintessential

• Curry sauce
  • *Learning to look chastened*
Regarding a QC Video Game....
« on: 17 Dec 2008, 19:27 »

...I'm not saying one is feasible (QC's brand of storytelling doesn't particularly seem ripe for a video game), but if it was done by anyone, I could see it done by Telltale. Of course, they'd have to think of some way to make it something other than "Pintsize's Cool Game For Attractive People".
"Nobody needs America's help.....

until they NEED IT!"

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
Re: Regarding a QC Video Game....
« Reply #1 on: 18 Dec 2008, 03:27 »

I could see an adventure game set in the QCverse, with the player controlling someone who's not a cast member.

Siibillam-Law

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Ha Ha Fucking Ha
    • Siibillam's Storywrite
« Reply #2 on: 18 Dec 2008, 09:24 »

I can't see anyhting that could make it a game. It would be like an activity center like the ones kids get when they first learn what a computer is and would have games like "Clean the apartment with Hanners", "Build new AnthroPCs" and "Help Dora make coffee"
Adventure-wise, there isn't an awful lot you can do.
There is no sin except stupidity

psion

« Reply #3 on: 18 Dec 2008, 10:06 »

I think it would be better if it were something like Second Life, where there is no point except to be there.  You would be privy to all the fun things that happen, and the characters would wander around like you were never there, and we would get to hear voices.

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #4 on: 18 Dec 2008, 12:57 »

I can't see anyhting that could make it a game. It would be like an activity center like the ones kids get when they first learn what a computer is and would have games like "Clean the apartment with Hanners", "Build new AnthroPCs" and "Help Dora make coffee"
Adventure-wise, there isn't an awful lot you can do.

I'm talking adventure as in Grim Fandango or Monkey Island.  Instead of being in the Aztec underworld or a series of pirate islands, however, it would be in the QC version of Northampton. 

GreyGabe

• Plantmonster
  • Probably not dead.
« Reply #5 on: 18 Dec 2008, 19:12 »

I see. As in, find item X, use with object Y. To buy coffee, you have to find your wallet, which your AnthroPC carted off to purchase something on the home shopping network. To find your wallet, you have to interrogate your AnthroPC, who can't remember exactly where he/she put it. You later find it glued to the ceiling, and you have to use a step-stool and a crowbar to get it down.

I have played far too many adventure games.

Aurjay

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #6 on: 18 Dec 2008, 20:56 »

I could easily see a game where Pintsize gets his laser back. He would have a special powerup from collecting boxes of cake mix that turns him into a underwear ninja. Just some thoughts. Either that or a puzzle game with Hanners would be cool.
Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open.

KamikaziCal

• Plantmonster
  • TEXT can go here?
« Reply #7 on: 18 Dec 2008, 22:14 »

The adventures of Pizza Girl?
I think following the story of some side character would be the best way to make this feasible.. Pizza Girl is the likely choice, being a super hero of pizza and all.

psion

« Reply #8 on: 18 Dec 2008, 23:12 »

I can also see trying to kill Steves liver with insane amounts of alcohol.

Norton Quintessential

• Curry sauce
  • *Learning to look chastened*
« Reply #9 on: 19 Dec 2008, 09:37 »

The adventures of Pizza Girl?
I think following the story of some side character would be the best way to make this feasible.. Pizza Girl is the likely choice, being a super hero of pizza and all.

This would be a pretty cool idea, actually. "QC Presents: Pizza Girl, Season One." Maybe weave the stories in and out of story arcs from the strip.

Plus, of course, the final showdown HAS to be with Vespavenger.
"Nobody needs America's help.....

until they NEED IT!"

norcekri

« Reply #10 on: 23 Dec 2008, 21:20 »

I like the idea of looking for various items through the stages of the game.  I'd make it an interaction with the characters, too, so there's some negotiation for certain items.  For instance, you have to stand up to Faye, comfort Marten, calm Hannelore's panic attack, match Dora's innuendo (or lack thereof) level, etc.  You have to play the right music on the street (not in front of CoD, obviously) to earn money for the two items you can't get any other way, and translate the specials into the clues you need to know when you're done, and what the final objective is.  Are you getting a critical upgrade for Winslow?  Performing maintenance on the espresso machine?  Driving the bad-music bully-buskers from the neighborhood, making it safe for Indie tunes?  Completing Dora's tattoo?

If I could wave a magic wand, I'd turn it over to John Salwitz for idea development.  I like his touch with games.
http://www.arcade-history.com/index.php?page=person&name=John+Salwitz

DontPanic6x9

« Reply #11 on: 24 Dec 2008, 23:35 »

I think it would be better if it were something like Second Life, where there is no point except to be there.  You would be privy to all the fun things that happen, and the characters would wander around like you were never there, and we would get to hear voices.

In second life the point is to dress up as a black guy with a fro and shoot dongs at important people.

psion

« Reply #12 on: 25 Dec 2008, 00:10 »

In second life the point is to dress up as a black guy with a fro and shoot dongs at important people.

that's odd.  I thought the purpose was to create a hot punk chick and turn her into a stripper.  Atleast that's what I did.
Pages: [1]   Go Up