THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 13:05
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Short Little Christmas Film for you to enjoy!  (Read 2251 times)

Kragit

Short Little Christmas Film for you to enjoy!
« on: 17 Dec 2008, 22:30 »

Greetings everyone!

For Christmas, my friends and I created a little Christmas-themed short. We recently just got it up online for everyone to enjoy!

YouTube - A Very Merry Light Club (Don't forget, you can watch it in HD by clicking "Watch in HD" in the lower right-hand corner!)

Let me know what you think!

Happy Holidays!

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
Re: Short Little Christmas Film for you to enjoy!
« Reply #1 on: 18 Dec 2008, 08:36 »

Very cool.  I liked it, pagan though I am. 
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

Kragit

« Reply #2 on: 18 Dec 2008, 10:04 »

Very cool.  I liked it, pagan though I am. 

Thanks for the compliments! :)

Yeah, it's not so much ment to be spiritual in any sort of way really. Just more of a fun little short film ;)

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #3 on: 18 Dec 2008, 10:23 »

That was pretty neat.  It reminded me of a commercial for ... I wanna say a beer? ... don't remember which one it was though, but I think it was the same song. 
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #4 on: 18 Dec 2008, 10:39 »

Yeah, it was a Miller Light commercial from a few years ago.

The light display itself is cool stuff, but the video surrounding it leaves something to be desired in my opinion. The fact that it and pretty much every related video linked from it are completely derivative of a beer commercial, whether intentional or not, really hurts it. I also found the message behind it a bit ham-fisted and sentimental, and this is from a guy who eats up disgusting Christmas schlock like it were steak.

If it's meant as just an excuse and launching to do something cool with the lights, bravo, excellent job. The effect and skill shown in that aspect are admirable, especially considering what I figure is a rather limited budget.

If it's intended as anything poignant or well put together on anything but the pure technical side, though, it needs a whole lot of refinement.

A for effort, though.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Kragit

« Reply #5 on: 18 Dec 2008, 13:22 »

The light display itself is cool stuff, but the video surrounding it leaves something to be desired in my opinion. The fact that it and pretty much every related video linked from it are completely derivative of a beer commercial, whether intentional or not, really hurts it. I also found the message behind it a bit ham-fisted and sentimental, and this is from a guy who eats up disgusting Christmas schlock like it were steak.

If it's meant as just an excuse and launching to do something cool with the lights, bravo, excellent job. The effect and skill shown in that aspect are admirable, especially considering what I figure is a rather limited budget.

If it's intended as anything poignant or well put together on anything but the pure technical side, though, it needs a whole lot of refinement.

A for effort, though.

Well, technically Carson Williams created his house display which gained so much attention, that Miller Light acquired permission to use it for their commercial.

The video surrounding the show isn't meant to be much. Mainly just to make it more than just another light show. We do what we call "light clubs", in which we make little short films (mostly no longer than a single scene) that look good. Story tends to take a backseat to looks, which is fine in these cases (and in others, the story usually is much better). It definitely, by far isn't anywhere near a complete story, heh. Yeah, the budget was pretty small, just enough to rent some equipment and pay for food for the crew.

Thanks for the compliments! We really appreciate it! :)

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #6 on: 18 Dec 2008, 15:34 »

pretty much every related video linked from it are completely derivative of a beer commercial, whether intentional or not, really hurts it.

The beer commercial was made in response to the popularity of some guy doing that to his home one Christmas, not the other way around.

GreyGabe

• Plantmonster
  • Probably not dead.
« Reply #7 on: 18 Dec 2008, 19:36 »

I wonder how the Trans-Siberian Orchestra feels about their song being constantly associated with beer commercials. I would imagine it could be sort of annoying. Anyway, the video was pretty neat. Nice job.

Kragit

« Reply #8 on: 19 Dec 2008, 11:54 »

I wonder how the Trans-Siberian Orchestra feels about their song being constantly associated with beer commercials. I would imagine it could be sort of annoying. Anyway, the video was pretty neat. Nice job.

I'm sure Miller got the rights from TSO, especially since it was a nationally broadcasted commercial.

Thanks again for the compliments! :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up