THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 04:31
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AMP KIT!  (Read 2277 times)

Mr. Mojo

AMP KIT!
« on: 23 Dec 2008, 21:08 »

Sup QC, just bought an amp from www.tedweber.com and I'm in the process of putting it together with my friend. It's an orange clone, 60100, you can fine it under the British amps. Anyway, this has solved my long dilemma for which amp I should get, it's cheap, loud, and sounds great. I thought it would be interesting to post pictures and stuff and keep a journal. Let the building begin!

valley_parade

• coprophage
Re: AMP KIT!
« Reply #1 on: 24 Dec 2008, 06:04 »

Please, please keep us updated on this. I've been drooling over Ted Weber kits for the past three weeks.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Mr. Mojo

« Reply #2 on: 24 Dec 2008, 09:17 »

I'm gonna start the serious building after christmas, my camera is busted so I'll use my friend's when he can get here. But so far I've put in all the tube sockets. pots, jacks, switches, and the fuses. The fucking drive pot won't fit through the hole though. I think I may need a drimmel or something. GODDAMMIT TED WEBER!

Mr. Mojo

« Reply #3 on: 30 Dec 2008, 19:36 »

Alas I have no pictures, but this is what has basically happened so far. After assembling my tube sockets and put my potentiometers on, I opened the bag of components. And what do you know, I'm missing about 10 components and he gave me a wrong capacitor! Although it will work. After days of arduous soldering and scavenging for parts, I put it together and flipped the switch on. Didn't work. My friend and I were so frustrated we stopped for a day. However I'm going to get back on it as soon as I can. The build is pretty fun though. If you want a cheap, good amp and do not mind days of labor, I recommend it. When I eventually get this mother working I'll post sound clips and such.

Here's the link to the site once again www.tedweber.com

Nappuccino

• Plantmonster
« Reply #4 on: 01 Jan 2009, 06:39 »

This reminds me of when I ordered a pedal off of the Build Your Own Clone site... Apparently, I didn't get the right resister (or something) but I never knew that till about 7 months later because I'm colorblind. By that time, I said "screw it" and just tried to find the real pedal for cheap. Here's hoping your build gets back on track and that it goes better than mine did.

(edited for terrible spelling/grammer)
« Last Edit: 01 Jan 2009, 09:33 by Nappuccino »

Mr. Mojo

« Reply #5 on: 01 Jan 2009, 09:20 »

Thank you I'm going to need all the hope I can possibly get. It's over at my friend's house right now, he's doing the troubleshooting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up