THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 01:27
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dora as a blonde: Yay or Nay  (Read 59404 times)

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
Re: Dora as a blonde: Yay or Nay
« Reply #150 on: 17 Mar 2015, 03:12 »

However, I don't think it is my call to make. If Tai thinks it's cute, then it's happening and we all know that.

I've been thinking about this and an idea popped into my head:

Claire comes into the library one day with her hair down (lots of ways to hand-wave that; maybe it was her day off but something came up and Tai had to call her in). Tai later tells Dora that she thinks Claire's hair looks good down in a certain 'untameable wild woman' way (yes, she's talking about Claire! :-o ). Dora doesn't seem to react at first but we later see her start growing her hair out and stop dying it. Is it in response to Tai's comments or does she just fancy a change?
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #151 on: 17 Mar 2015, 14:10 »

N.B. this is an impossible scenario as Claire is not allowed out of her house (with its specially treated hair-repelling furniture) with her hair unbound as it represents a severe public safety hazard, what with it constantly devouring road-signs, concrete pavers, and support columns.
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

swapna

• Curry sauce
« Reply #152 on: 17 Mar 2015, 14:48 »

Wow, this thread is more than SIX years old.. but I don't think Dora would be influenced by Claire's magical hair. She has her insecurities, but she's with tai now!

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #153 on: 17 Mar 2015, 15:34 »

Back to the topic name, my favourite Dora hair was when it was growing out. That might be my favourite art style as well which contributes to the choice.

Jab

• Plantmonster
« Reply #154 on: 18 Mar 2015, 01:22 »

I actually like how it looks now most of all- the Blonde/Black thing just didn't work. Though I guess it's fitting for an Indie Rock girl of sorts.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #155 on: 18 Mar 2015, 01:28 »

Wow, this thread is more than SIX years old.. but I don't think Dora would be influenced by Claire's magical hair. She has her insecurities, but she's with tai now!

It isn't Claire's hair that would influence her but that Tai mentioned that she likes the look. I could see her thinking: "What the hell! Let's try it; I can always go back if I don't like it!"

Possible downside: she gets mistaken for her mother by Sven in an icky way!  :evil:
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up