THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 13:16
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Dora as a blonde: Yay or Nay  (Read 59313 times)

SmileyBandit

Re: Dora as a blonde: Yay or Nay
« Reply #50 on: 15 Jan 2009, 20:35 »

Dora's hot. Hentai-hot (oh yeah, it's a measurement).

Norton Quintessential

• Curry sauce
  • *Learning to look chastened*
« Reply #51 on: 17 Jan 2009, 10:00 »

I vote "nay", because new things confuse and anger me.
"Nobody needs America's help.....

until they NEED IT!"

sofiabailote

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #52 on: 18 Jan 2009, 09:44 »

nay.

VicDor

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #53 on: 21 Jan 2009, 11:58 »

Crap, I tried to find the bit from Wayne's World where Garth says "We fear change", but couldn't find it! It's so perfect for the moment!
<Clever and funny quote>

Reddist

Dora as a blonde: Yay or Nay
« Reply #54 on: 21 Jan 2009, 12:32 »

I like it.  It shows time as passed, it shows QC characters go through changes behind the scenes. Honestly I think it adds some legitamacy to these characters that things happen to them and that they make decisions away from the panels we see.  Its makes QC that much less like a "Friends" sitcom with perpetually static characters, down to and including hairstyles and clothing choices.

Dokph

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #55 on: 22 Jan 2009, 04:06 »

I like it. It's sooooo cool! I've wanted to see Dora as a blonde since that comic when she said it was her natural haircolor and this is even better.

VicDor

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #56 on: 22 Jan 2009, 07:11 »

I like it.  It shows time as passed, it shows QC characters go through changes behind the scenes. Honestly I think it adds some legitamacy to these characters that things happen to them and that they make decisions away from the panels we see.  Its makes QC that much less like a "Friends" sitcom with perpetually static characters, down to and including hairstyles and clothing choices.

Actually Friends did change. Constantly. According to the fashion of the current week in which the episode aired.
<Clever and funny quote>

BlackBooks

« Reply #57 on: 22 Jan 2009, 23:01 »

I vote yay. Dora looks great with the 2-tone; it makes me want to head down to Molly Maguire's (the Irish pub in Ballard) and order a black-and-tan. Oh, by the way: Dora's sword-wielding look of psycho murder at the Smif chick?

HOT.

"Those evil-natured robots, they're programmed to destroy us. She's gotta be strong to fight them, so she's taking lots of vitamins."
--The Flaming Lips, Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots

quantum_insanity

« Reply #58 on: 23 Jan 2009, 02:59 »

I think she'll look good either way, although I'm not a huge fan of the two tone look.
What I don't get is how she managed to grow a months worth of hair in just a few days...

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #59 on: 23 Jan 2009, 03:06 »

Same way that it's suddenly the middle of winter, Wil's been gone for a while, etc.  Jeph moved the clock.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

orgasmtechnician

• Not quite a lurker
    • The Lego Guitar
« Reply #60 on: 23 Jan 2009, 04:30 »

It took me a few seconds to appreciate that it actually WAS Dora, the first time I saw it. Overall, I liked her better before.

Siibillam-Law

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Ha Ha Fucking Ha
    • Siibillam's Storywrite
« Reply #61 on: 23 Jan 2009, 04:58 »

Same way that it's suddenly the middle of winter, Wil's been gone for a while, etc.  Jeph moved the clock.

Wait, you can DO that in comics?
 :-o
There is no sin except stupidity

songblade

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #62 on: 23 Jan 2009, 05:03 »

Nay.

I loved Dora with the black hair.  The two-tone look is... bleh.  Blonde?  Man.  The universe is turning upside down.

Iridia

« Reply #63 on: 23 Jan 2009, 06:12 »

I say no. Actually, I wouldn't mind so much if she didn't look like a skunk died on her head, in my opinion. =/

snowdove

« Reply #64 on: 23 Jan 2009, 07:21 »

Nay.  I think that she would look nice as a blonde, but the strip has so many blondes, and she doesn't strike me as the kind of person who would keep her natural haircolor for long.  The half and half is interesting, though.  I think that she would look better as a full blonde, or full black, but the half and half suits her personality better.

Smithers

« Reply #65 on: 23 Jan 2009, 08:36 »

Nay

I really liked the short black hair, although the two-tone is growing on me. I don't think blonde hair would particularly suit Dora, and I agree with other posts that there are enough blondes in the comic already.
If she dyes it again what colour should it go?

ProtusMose

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #66 on: 23 Jan 2009, 08:44 »

normally i prefer to avoid perversion.... but carpet and drapes?

Must be shaved for Marty to not have noticed.  :-o

Naira

• Not quite a lurker
  • Chicks dig Elder Gods
« Reply #67 on: 23 Jan 2009, 09:09 »

I've always been a fan of platinum blond, personally. I think, for now, the two-tone look is pretty okay for Dora; kinda fits with her style.

To be honest (in real life), I've never been a fan of most people dyeing their hair black. Feel free to do what you want, but true black is ever so rare...so a black dye job almost always looks fake to me.

Though, I've always been a fan of Marten's black hair/blue eyes thing. Total dark Irish look.
You're going to die anyway
You may as well knit.

tacothesmurf

« Reply #68 on: 23 Jan 2009, 13:36 »

I prefer he two tone look in all honesty. I looks like now shes 100% out of her goth phase, y'know?

Dunnoe

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #69 on: 23 Jan 2009, 17:04 »

I like her hair. Different is good! Can't wait to find out how she looks with full-on blonde

dreysabriel

« Reply #70 on: 23 Jan 2009, 19:34 »

I think dora could look good blonde, but the two-tone thing was kind of a shocker. It just sorta popped up in the comic, but i guess ive kinda gotten used to it by now. It'll be interesting to see her when she goes full blonde.

missrachel

« Reply #71 on: 23 Jan 2009, 19:42 »

I think it looks good.  What I don't like is the low-light thing where blondes put black under their hair and you can't really see it unless they put it in a ponytail.  But, to each his/her own.

aale

« Reply #72 on: 24 Jan 2009, 17:46 »

I'd be willing to see her go blonde.  Though I don't care much for the two-tone look.

But I think the two toned look matches her personality more. She can be shy and sweet... Or she can get kinky or kick your ass with a sword!

aale

« Reply #73 on: 24 Jan 2009, 17:52 »

I'm not sure what she'll look like as a full blonde, but i LOVE her two tone hair. everyone seems to hate it, but i think it's a nice balance. plus then she different from hanners and penelope.

I am with you on that. You are not alone. I love the two toned look too. Matches her personality more, and her hair being that length is awesom!!!

aale

« Reply #74 on: 24 Jan 2009, 17:56 »

I think she'd look better once she has the black fully grown out, but I don't really mind the two-tone so much. It's the cut that bothers me - it's so messed up and the bottoms look stringy, which the black doesn't help. It just looks dirty, mostly. The last panel of today's strip was the first time I really thought it looked good.

speaking about stringy. Didn't Dora state one time that she has thick or alot of hair??? If so, why would it be stringy???

Harun

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #75 on: 25 Jan 2009, 21:35 »

I love Dora's two-tone look, although it's probably because I've had so many positive experiences with the fat-free vanilla/chocolate swirl frozen yogurt at Fresh Choice. That said, I think that if she keeps that length, she would look good if she re-dyed it. Or letting it grow even longer (YESplz). There are not enough characters with long hair.

Superkid11

• Obscure cultural reference
  • New teeth!
« Reply #76 on: 26 Jan 2009, 12:53 »

I dig it.
... that's all I can say. :c

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #77 on: 29 Jan 2009, 15:17 »

I've said it elsewhere, but I'll repeat it hear. I don't usually like the two-toned hair look, but it seems to fit Dora. Which means, I suppose, that I must like it. I definitely like her face framed by longer hair. OTOH, it does seem to make her look less, well, aggressive, 'in charge,' and so on. I wonder if that's intentional on Jeph's part?
« Last Edit: 29 Jan 2009, 15:19 by raoullefere »
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

ModernRonin

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #78 on: 06 Feb 2009, 22:18 »

Crap, I tried to find the bit from Wayne's World where Garth says "We fear change", but couldn't find it! It's so perfect for the moment!

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!! OUT! OUT!! :laugh:

Try - http://www.killerclips.com/clip.php?id=22&qid=1708

ObOnTopic: I don't much care for the two-tone thing. I'm not sure I'll like blond, but I'm willing to wait and see. I am happy that Dora's growing her hair out though.

Dunnoe

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #79 on: 11 Feb 2009, 19:05 »

for her next hair change, dora should have hair like the lead singer of Tokio Hotel, amirite?

EDIT: marten and dora should look like Bill from Tokio Hotel.
« Last Edit: 12 Feb 2009, 02:16 by Dunnoe »

championofkhorne

« Reply #80 on: 17 Feb 2009, 16:01 »

having red hair prevents me from dying my hair because it is just so awesome lol

Boom

« Reply #81 on: 18 Feb 2009, 22:38 »

I just want to say that Dora's current hair style is fucking awful.. that is all..

championofkhorne

« Reply #82 on: 19 Feb 2009, 07:50 »

why are we commenting on a transition phase of hair coloring?

it is like a girl wanting long hair, so she grows it out, but people give her shit for havign medium length hair in bewteen.

it is like "well what would you suggest, then?"

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #83 on: 19 Feb 2009, 10:01 »

I think it's been pretty much established that our task on the QC forums is to quibble about every insignificant detail we can manage to point out.

Beside, it beats another round of "Gee, I sure do miss that Steve fella."
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Siibillam-Law

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Ha Ha Fucking Ha
    • Siibillam's Storywrite
« Reply #84 on: 19 Feb 2009, 13:51 »

It is common practice on these forums that whenever anything is mentioned, or anything happens to the characters, or anything happens in the background of QC strip, that there will be a topic on it, thus threads such as

Sven's Cat
So .. What happened to the couch?
Death Stare of Immortal Suffering
Tickling
Epitaph

and so on
There is no sin except stupidity

hmartin89

« Reply #85 on: 19 Feb 2009, 14:54 »

I'm really not sure yet what I think about Dora going blonde. IT doesn't suit her personality a whole bunch. I am definitely a fan of the hair change. Her and Marten look too similar. And they're dating. So it's kind of freaky.

I'm guessing the reason for the two-tone look is because in order for her to go blonde she has to grow out the black. So it'll look messy for a while.

championofkhorne

« Reply #86 on: 20 Feb 2009, 11:37 »

no hair color really fits Dora's personality.

so make her hair red then it is just awesome.

like me.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #87 on: 21 Feb 2009, 00:40 »

I liked Faye's comment about hair and personality, when Dora was still goth. Faye said of Dora's hair "It is black and spiky, like your soul".
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

championofkhorne

« Reply #88 on: 21 Feb 2009, 11:23 »

well iono about you but i would not discribe Dora's personality as black and spikey

at least not in the context of how she acts in the comic.

pre-comic i wouldnt know

Nebraskaguy

« Reply #89 on: 23 Feb 2009, 15:18 »

Personally I like it.  So rah-rah two tone sexy hair.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #90 on: 23 Feb 2009, 22:52 »

"Black and spiky" seems a better description of Faye's own personality than Dora's. Some people look at others and see only a mirror.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #91 on: 23 Feb 2009, 23:04 »

Well said. Even as a goth Dora was friendlier than Faye.

Here's a thought: does Dora have a two-tone personality that matches her current hair?
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

championofkhorne

« Reply #92 on: 24 Feb 2009, 15:22 »

actually Dora seems to have the most stable personality lately, at the beginning she was more, shall we say, risque, but now she is pretty much as stable as a girl her age can be.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #93 on: 24 Feb 2009, 18:48 »

Dora did call it her world-hating phase. Comic 562. Or "Oh hey, now I remember why I went goth in the first place. Because people are retarded" from #279. In any case it was a pose: the compassion she's shown is the kind that comes from down deep.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Strike Da Mic

« Reply #94 on: 24 Feb 2009, 23:30 »

Well, uhm ... as I find women with straight black hair attractive, I liked the old style better. The new one doesn't look bad though, and it's a change.

championofkhorne

« Reply #95 on: 26 Feb 2009, 19:58 »

Well, uhm ... all women with hair attractive

fixed

TLT Thomas

• Plantmonster
« Reply #96 on: 27 Feb 2009, 20:28 »

I dunno, I kinda like the new Dora hair. She and Marten looked too much alike when she had the black hair. I always figured she'd go for some wild color (like purple or hot pink), at least to accentuate the black.

And I concur with Jeans... Goth types are mostly real nice people. I used to go to "The Church" (Goth night at Dallas's Lizard Lounge) and hang out with them all the time.
« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2009, 21:47 by TLT Thomas »

lyra

• Plantmonster
  • magically delicious
« Reply #97 on: 27 Feb 2009, 21:40 »

1. lol @ norton.
2. i vote nay
3. why isn't this a poll?
()

ducks!!!

Zingoleb

« Reply #98 on: 01 Mar 2009, 03:41 »

3. why are we still talking about this?

Fixed

VicDor

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #99 on: 29 Sep 2014, 11:35 »

To anyone who still remembers this thread from 5 goddamn years ago, I have an announcement! (one I should have made more than two years ago)
According to the laws of Cosmic Karma, I am now (for more than 2 years) the uncle of a 2.5 year old boy with dirty blond hair and dark brown eyes.
<Clever and funny quote>
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up