THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 11:46
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT Jan 12-16  (Read 46911 times)

CompGrl323

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
Re: WCT Jan 12-16
« Reply #50 on: 12 Jan 2009, 14:31 »

I loved today's comic. I always feel so bad for Hannelore. I have a friend who has OCD, and who used to be almost as bad as Hanners. She reads QC now, and she loves it. :D We always joke about how she is Hannelore.

Malek

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #51 on: 12 Jan 2009, 15:20 »

Haha welcome to the forums btw,nice first post,better than most first post,but not as great as others.

I wonder how they will calm her down now.

Wait what happened to Winslow? and Pintsize?

kaitco

• Emoticontraindication
    • DorienneSmith.com
« Reply #52 on: 12 Jan 2009, 17:26 »

Wait what happened to Winslow? and Pintsize?
Drying out somewhere, I assume. Winslow might be in a specialized suit of his own to make sure he does not get out and pass her germs onto someone else.

i dont think its creepy to find them attractive. personally i find dora to be quite pretty. but i think its creepy to want to have sex with/ see naked cartoons.
Completely agree. The more I read these forums, the more concerned I become over the incessant drooling over Hannelore. I think we have all, at one time or another, found a cartoon/comic/manga character to be attractive, but seeing them naked? That is a bit much. My hope is that people are just spewing facetiousness at every turn just because they know how creepy it sounds. On to my main two cents...

Dora's hair is actually beginning to grow on me. I looked a little too scraggly when we first saw and, since it was such a dramatic change, my first thoughts were automatically, "Nope! Do. Not. Want." The more I see it, though, the more I like it. I cannot wait to see when she cuts off all of the black and goes just blonde. Perhaps she is leaving her goth "roots" and growing up a little?

I love the expression on Hannelore's face when they ask where she got the suit. I think she is fibbing. There is probably a store somewhere in the city where the clerks know her by name because she constantly buys them out of industrial-strength cleaner and other things, like Hazmat suits.

No one seems to comment on this sort of thing often, so I think I will just pop this into my two cents as well: Jeph's comedic talent really shows in strips like this. Nothing is said or done in Panel 3. In fact all we really see is the change in Hannelore's expression and he lets our imaginations (for lack of a better word) do the rest so that Panel 4 is just full of hilarity. Jeph does this a lot and these comics always crack me up harder than any other.

masquerade

« Reply #53 on: 12 Jan 2009, 19:47 »

I still don't like Dora's hair either, but then again, I think two-toned hair in general is ugly.

Malek

« Reply #54 on: 12 Jan 2009, 19:50 »

I kinda like the new hair,its nice to see someone change hair color,not just the style its in.

And as for people screaming "OMG NEKED HANNERS DROOL" and yelling about HanTai,they can lust,them can dream they can do whatever they want,they can even look for the naked pics,as long as they dont go around bothering me,or anyone else that doesnt want to be a part of it.

As for Hannelore's Hazmat suit,i think her dad might have given it to her,or maybe she made it her self.

Who knows.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #55 on: 12 Jan 2009, 20:11 »

I think Dora's gonna look good in long blond hair.

I think Marten's gonna enjoy being the main squeeze of a girl with long blond hair!

:D
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

masquerade

« Reply #56 on: 12 Jan 2009, 20:22 »

Yes, but the scraggly ink-dipped look doesn't work for her at ALL.

JReynolds

• Larger than most fish
  • We thought you was a toad!
« Reply #57 on: 12 Jan 2009, 20:36 »

Ah, the Breast Pits of Sexicon Eleven... a tough job, but someone's got to do it.
When folly and lies are sown broadcast, one necessarily reaps insanity.  --Zola

SirFozzie

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #58 on: 12 Jan 2009, 20:37 »

Of course. Pintsize would sentence someone to work in the Breast Pits of Sexicon11. (where are Sexicon's 1-10? Probably Vegas, now that I think about it)

Warning - while you were reading a new drone has been sentenced to work in the breast pits. You may wish to review your post.

Spoilsport.

Malek

« Reply #59 on: 12 Jan 2009, 20:38 »

WOOT new comic!

Hahahaha Pintsize is such an ass hole,get thing Martin got there,but then again,if hes there,hes not with hanners,witch means they fixxed the problem. Yay For all!

kgbisouttogetme

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Murder is only bad if you kill baby seals.
« Reply #60 on: 12 Jan 2009, 20:54 »

that reminds me of when i freak my friends out when we're high. theyre so damn gullible when theyre stoned. hahah next time im telling them theyre gonna have to work in the breast pits.
Jesus probably was hung like a horse. Wouldn't it be pathetic it he weren't? haha Jesus boner.

masquerade

« Reply #61 on: 12 Jan 2009, 20:58 »

I think Winslow is the stand-in scapegoat, since we can't morally fuck with Hannelore. Although my GOD would it be fun...

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #62 on: 12 Jan 2009, 20:59 »

I wonder if that's where Ecentrica Gallumbits came from.  :D   :lol:

Seriously though, I love the way Pintsize is messing with Winslow's mind here.  Thank goodness Marten was there though otherwise I think Winslow would have suffered a Harddrive Freeze!
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

kgbisouttogetme

« Reply #63 on: 12 Jan 2009, 21:03 »

youd want to mess with hannelore? man, youre mildly evil... thats like tripping retards or pushing over pregnant ladies... true itd be fun, but its also sadistic.

im a fan of that.
« Last Edit: 12 Jan 2009, 21:06 by kgbisouttogetme »
Jesus probably was hung like a horse. Wouldn't it be pathetic it he weren't? haha Jesus boner.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #64 on: 12 Jan 2009, 21:09 »

I wonder if that's where Ecentrica Gallumbits came from.  :D   :lol:

She's actually from Eroticon Six
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

masquerade

« Reply #65 on: 12 Jan 2009, 21:13 »

She's not real, and she's also in this comic more than the main character is (which I originally thought was Marten but I don't even know anymore). I am passive-aggressive.

"So Hannelore, did you hear that there's a new disease that doctors have just discovered? It affects skinny blondes with green eyes... Yeah, it causes blue slime to ooze from the soles of your feet. Nah, I don't think you'll get it..." ::leave apartment, then wait outside door for the screams to ensue after she discovers the blue gelatin you planted in her shoes...::

kgbisouttogetme

« Reply #66 on: 12 Jan 2009, 21:15 »

hahaha do you want to go eat some food in front of hobos with me? hahahaha

masquerade

« Reply #67 on: 12 Jan 2009, 21:16 »

No, but I will invest in a sandwich to throw down between two of them and watch them brawl.

kgbisouttogetme

« Reply #68 on: 12 Jan 2009, 21:17 »

youre my hero hahaha

masquerade

« Reply #69 on: 12 Jan 2009, 21:20 »

See, this way, I'm technically doing something moral -- feeding the homeless. However, I gain a little sadistic amusement from the affair. ;D

HappyGrar

• Plantmonster
  • Vulcan Boob Squish'd
« Reply #70 on: 12 Jan 2009, 21:25 »

I notice that the last-panel expressions on Hannelore's and Winslow's faces are nearly identical. I think it's one of those pet/owner things, but with robots. Everything is cooler with robots.

LostinThought

« Reply #71 on: 12 Jan 2009, 21:30 »

"Working in the Breast Pits is a sweet gig!"
Pintsize is Frickin' hilarious. I wish we had the technology to create Anthropc/ Persocoms. This is probably my favorite of strips staring the bots.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #72 on: 12 Jan 2009, 22:34 »

Best post I've seen in weeks:
2) it is a little weird to post your graphic desires
I bequeath you my internet.

I have to say Jeph is doing some excellent facial expression work lately. #1315 was a gem. I also find it interesting that Marten, a guy whose mother is a dominatrix, gets freaked out by skin. I'm not in any way claiming it's odd, but I do wonder how Marten became such a Vicky*.

I am also relieved that I am no longer in any way attracted to Hanners when she's in her natural, bug-eyed-as-all-hell state.

Re: tonight's strip, I agree with Jeph. Breast Pits are, in my experience, quite a sweaty place. Every blessing has a cost.

*Neo-Victorian, for those of you who've not read The Diamond Age.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

jimic79

« Reply #73 on: 12 Jan 2009, 22:54 »

Looks like Winslow lost his eyebrows in the post-snow freeze... Maybe a bios/firmware update will get them back....

Heavyoak

• Furry furrier
  • I ♥ Hannelore
    • Heavyoak's random web stuff
« Reply #74 on: 12 Jan 2009, 23:33 »

you haven't been here long enough.
You have been here for much too long.

the best example of  "no you".

Heavyoak

• Furry furrier
  • I ♥ Hannelore
« Reply #75 on: 12 Jan 2009, 23:34 »

I was going to go on a little "they doth protest too much" tirade about people who say lusting after cartoon characters is creepy, but I have made a conscious effort to not be as snarky on the boards as I used to be. However, I do think it's perfectly normal to find cartoon characters attractive, and extremely unfair to persecute people who make a passing comment on how they think a character is pretty/hot, and I think the persecution is caused by a couple people deciding it's creepy and everyone else feeling the pressure not to admit that they see one of the characters as attractive (given all these roundabout ways of saying it trying to sound as "non-creepy" as possible, I've done it myself to avoid the stigma). Now, on the other end of it, it is a little disturbing to see someone on every thread talk about how much they want to sanitarily bend Hannelore over, I don't go around writing up all my kinks on the forum, and neither should you.

So, long story short:

1) it's not weird to find them attractive, so calm down.
2) it is a little weird to post your graphic desires [no pun intended] so publicly, you calm down too.

Basically everyone be calm.

See I'm not creepy.

masquerade

« Reply #76 on: 12 Jan 2009, 23:40 »

Yes, you are.

Guido Sarducci

• FIGHT YOU
  • It'sa notta so bad...
« Reply #77 on: 12 Jan 2009, 23:58 »

No, you.
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't, I'll just respond, cleverly." Donald Rumsfeld

TheReaper

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #78 on: 13 Jan 2009, 03:02 »

I really hope Dora does not go full blonde. Ew, blondes.
...I believe Hanners. The internet is a weird place full of weird things that you can purchase, like Russian amputees.
...Poor Winslow.
That is all.
Good things are fleeting. The bad ones are usually here to stay.

wargrafix

• Furry furrier
  • Faydora and Fayven, its so hard to choose!
« Reply #79 on: 13 Jan 2009, 04:45 »

I think blonds are attractive. Thing is, there are a good bit of blonds in the comic already. Dora adds a bit of spice.

Jeph probably got tired of the whole "dora and martin look like incestuous twins" joke.

Winslow should realize in the Great OS wars of 2025 apple OSX prove to be too weak and pansy to handle against the heavy weights.
Help bring back the dragons!

DanteShepherd

« Reply #80 on: 13 Jan 2009, 07:06 »

Today's comic is just really, really nice . . . this is the type of back and forth humor that drew me in to QC in the first place.

Plus it reminded me to go get my ipod out of the car before the Alberta Clipper hits.

Heranje

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #81 on: 13 Jan 2009, 11:15 »

I think Dora would look weird blonde. Blonde hair just... does not suit her personality. Still, change is fun!

Maybe she could dye it some other colour? Brunette Dora? Redhead Dora? Blue-haired Dora?

Instead of doing my homework, I am here speculating on a comic character's hair. ._. Off to play Myst instead - that's slightly less weird.

wargrafix

• Furry furrier
  • Faydora and Fayven, its so hard to choose!
« Reply #82 on: 13 Jan 2009, 13:28 »

lol, red head Dora? Wouldn't that conflict with Sweet Tits?
Help bring back the dragons!

Heranje

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #83 on: 13 Jan 2009, 14:20 »

Considering Sweet-Tits isn't an actual QC character and just filler - no?

MillionDollar Belt Sander

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #84 on: 13 Jan 2009, 14:54 »

See I'm not creepy.

No more than the rest of us.   :wink:

weirdbeard

• Plantmonster
    • Rants and Giggles
« Reply #85 on: 13 Jan 2009, 14:59 »

Yes, but the scraggly ink-dipped look doesn't work for her at ALL.
your opinion is wrong. :p
Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.
http://rantsandgiggles.blogspot.com

michi-love

« Reply #86 on: 13 Jan 2009, 15:50 »

I think the fact that she hasn't cut off the black hair makes it Dora.
If she had actually gone and cut it so she was a total blonde, it would look much weirder.
Plus the two-tone look is probably a way to ease us into seeing her with such a drastically different look. Not to mention it's interesting to see someone with long hair - and we'll not count Penelope because she has it up almost always.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #87 on: 13 Jan 2009, 17:01 »

I think Dora would look weird blonde. Blonde hair just... does not suit her personality. Still, change is fun!

Maybe she could dye it some other colour?
Ah, the things this place drives me to. According to this possibly superficial site http://www.hair-styles-secrets-revealed.com/hair/261/how-hair-color-influences-personality-perceptions/, Dora should go with red. Everything else I read claims Heranje is a horrible, evil stereotyper. I simply think she finds speculating about Dora's locks beats homework. Which it does.

Actually, to me, blond hair does suit Dora's 'inner' insecure personality (I'll admit it's gotten a bit more 'outer' lately), but in a weird way—, as some of the sites I looked at pointed out, quite a few people with blond hair (including most of those I've known) got it from a bottle (or box, as the case may be), not their genes, and dyed their hair blond to feel more attractive; in other words, to bolster themselves. The insecurity some of these folks are struggling against sometimes manifests in some rather unpleasant ways, similar to Dora's fit about Sven and Faye. OTOH, the two of the few real blonds I've known, one male and one female, were both rather intelligent, all-around nice people, which goes again animé hair-color stereotyping, anyway.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

michi-love

« Reply #88 on: 13 Jan 2009, 19:20 »

[...]
OTOH, the two of the few real blonds I've known, one male and one female, were both rather intelligent, all-around nice people, which goes again animé hair-color stereotyping, anyway.

THANK YOU.
I'm sorry for the slightly off-topic comment, but thank you SO MUCH. I'm a blonde, and intelligent, and generally a nice person.
It aggravates me to be stereotyped in that way.
Bottled blondes give natural blondes a bad image. Especially with all the jokes/stories/etc about bitchy, stupid blondes.

Anyway, yeah. Hair colors does not tell who a person IS.
It tells their GENETIC CODING.
Obviously in the case of Dora, it wasn't so much genetics as Jeph's mind, but the same thing applies - just because her natural hair color is blonde doesn't mean it goes against who she is... It's just a part of her physical description.

masquerade

« Reply #89 on: 13 Jan 2009, 19:28 »

Hair color doesn't have a thing to do with it unless your hair's dyed, imo. People who keep their natural hair color are obviously comfortable with it, and therefore comfortable with what nature has given them. People who dye their hair see something wrong with themselves and set about fixing it.
Sorry, but I am INSANELY vain about my hair, and am ridiculous. I admit it.  :-D

kgbisouttogetme

« Reply #90 on: 13 Jan 2009, 19:35 »

well at least its only her hair she changed. getting a boob job is way more ridiculous. or any plastic surgery for that matter
« Last Edit: 13 Jan 2009, 19:39 by kgbisouttogetme »

Heavyoak

• Furry furrier
  • I ♥ Hannelore
« Reply #91 on: 13 Jan 2009, 19:50 »

See I'm not creepy.

No more than the rest of us.   :wink:

thanks... I think.

masquerade

« Reply #92 on: 13 Jan 2009, 19:55 »

well at least its only her hair she changed. getting a boob job is way more ridiculous. or any plastic surgery for that matter

Concurred. Plastic surgery, such as boob jobs, for the sake of vanity gives me full license to laugh at you. Then again, I'm well endowed in that department as well, so it may just be more snobbery. But I don't even like mine, so I don't know why anyone would want huge boobies. Back pain ftl.
Reconstructive plastic surgery, however, is A OK.  8-)

kgbisouttogetme

« Reply #93 on: 13 Jan 2009, 20:02 »

dont worry heavyoak i still think youre creepy.

also... i shouldntve said plastic surgery i shouldve said cosmetic surgery. i agree reconstructive surgery is more than fine.

the_lone_dragon

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #94 on: 13 Jan 2009, 22:09 »

nora eating hanners....

t minus 3 seconds till bad jokes.....

still noras hair looks nice in this one..

http://questionable.myminicity.com/ lets make it big people

kaitco

• Emoticontraindication
    • DorienneSmith.com
« Reply #95 on: 13 Jan 2009, 22:17 »

dont worry heavyoak i still think youre creepy.

also... i shouldntve said plastic surgery i shouldve said cosmetic surgery. i agree reconstructive surgery is more than fine.

Cosmetic surgery surpasses all logic for me. If heavily prodded, I could begin to understand some kinds of cosmetic altering such as something to augment hypertrichosis or even breast implants for a woman who had had a mastectomy, but just doing it simply because current mainstream society tells people that they should look a certain way is baffling.

Moving onto the comic, Hannelore looks like she has got more than just the flu. It kind of looks like chicken pox (or small pox; you never know what Jeph might be thinking) and I think she will need a lot more mothering before she is well again. Also, Dora's hands look really weird in the second panel. I cannot quite put my finger on it, but they just look...weird.

Malek

« Reply #96 on: 13 Jan 2009, 22:28 »

Poor Hanners. Poor poor Hanners.

I wonder how Faye is holding up with this weather.

kgbisouttogetme

« Reply #97 on: 13 Jan 2009, 23:05 »

doras a cannibal? what a twist. (m. night shyamalan voice)
« Last Edit: 13 Jan 2009, 23:51 by kgbisouttogetme »

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #98 on: 13 Jan 2009, 23:05 »

Hee. Heehee. I am trying desperately to stay out of the ship-to-ship warfare going on in these parts. But blanket-Hanners in panel 3 today looks adorable.

And hooray for terrible pun punchline. Does that count as a pun? It does, right?
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

alexsc12

« Reply #99 on: 13 Jan 2009, 23:27 »

Hee. Heehee. I am trying desperately to stay out of the ship-to-ship warfare going on in these parts. But blanket-Hanners in panel 3 today looks adorable.

And hooray for terrible pun punchline. Does that count as a pun? It does, right?

That is an epic hivemind. Exactly the points I came on to make. Blanket Hanners made me audibly D'AWWWW.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up